What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Last night's show was a ripper. 1st set a little spotty but when they were on they were on fire. Thought it was the best Melt of '09 but that's probably not saying much. Missed the Walk Away cover walking 10 sections just to get a Brooklyn Lager, that was my worst screw up of the night. Alaska and Party Time are both fun songs.Second set was where it got crazy. Very jammy spacey Seven Below into Ghost, had the crowd in a trance. About 40 minutes on the first two songs of the second set alone. Wolfman's was very funky, very upbeat and that led into Julius which was just awesome. Trey was on fire for Julius, I would dl the show for that alone. They seem to be playing a lot of YEMs this year, too many but the Encore was great, it was top notch.Good scene in Albany, sort of an underrated place, would definately go back and see more shows there.
sounds like a great show. just thought i would take this opportunity to pimp the SOAMelt from Cincy night two. i can't yet compare it with the one you're mentioning but i thought it was the highlight of the show. check it out if Melt is your thing.

sounds like a great show. just thought i would take this opportunity to pimp the SOAMelt from Cincy night two. i can't yet compare it with the one you're mentioning but i thought it was the highlight of the show. check it out if Melt is your thing.
Just listened to the Cincy SOAM and I agree it's better.Thought the Albany Melt was great live but it ended too quickly.

NYC first show, meh. But that is just from looking at the set list. Glad they got that out of their system tonight. Tomorrow night I WILL BE THERE!! Kick-down time will have officially begun.

What-up New Yorkers?? Who saw the first show and who wants to party tomorrow night???

Sweet.

NYC first show, meh. But that is just from looking at the set list. Glad they got that out of their system tonight. Tomorrow night I WILL BE THERE!! Kick-down time will have officially begun.What-up New Yorkers?? Who saw the first show and who wants to party tomorrow night??? Sweet.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And ENJOY!!! :thumbup:I'll be at the show tomarrow.

Ok, any takers for hooking up at the show, I will be the hippie.

Actually, I will have a green and yellow tie-dye on that is an Oregon Ducks shirt I am wearing in support of them kicking some beaver ###!! Don't reckon there will be two.

Hearing Giggy trippen, weird.

Ok, any takers for hooking up at the show, I will be the hippie.Actually, I will have a green and yellow tie-dye on that is an Oregon Ducks shirt I am wearing in support of them kicking some beaver ###!! Don't reckon there will be two.Hearing Giggy trippen, weird.
Possibly tomorrow... report back with start times and all and I'm going to try to make it there as early as possible.You're not wearing that shirt both nights are you? ewwwwww.

Gigantomachia said:
NYC first show, meh. But that is just from looking at the set list. Glad they got that out of their system tonight. Tomorrow night I WILL BE THERE!! Kick-down time will have officially begun.What-up New Yorkers?? Who saw the first show and who wants to party tomorrow night??? Sweet.
Was there last night and thought it was an awesome show, though I'm not a huge Phishhead and haven't seen them in many years. The light shows these days are sick.

Ok, any takers for hooking up at the show, I will be the hippie.Actually, I will have a green and yellow tie-dye on that is an Oregon Ducks shirt I am wearing in support of them kicking some beaver ###!! Don't reckon there will be two.Hearing Giggy trippen, weird.
Possibly tomorrow... report back with start times and all and I'm going to try to make it there as early as possible.You're not wearing that shirt both nights are you? ewwwwww.
No, lol, but it was sweet in the bar after the show watching the Ducks win a trip to the Rose!!!!!!!! We are sitting in section 107 Row E seats 1-4, come say High!Boggie on Reggae Woman :pickle:

Was there last night and thought it was an awesome show, though I'm not a huge Phishhead and haven't seen them in many years. The light shows these days are sick.
Fluffhead light show was sick.

My first Phish show but I've been a fan for awhile. Man, Fluffhead was the highlight for me....just awesome. Lot of energy at the show, I will be going to more in the future.

Didn't know O liked to Phish. :hifive: Can't wait to hear this one. PYITE opener brings the energy up front, and the Disease>Piper>Flufhead had to have been good stuff.

My first Phish show but I've been a fan for awhile. Man, Fluffhead was the highlight for me....just awesome. Lot of energy at the show, I will be going to more in the future.
;) Fluffhead peaks are about as good as it gets. Really gives Trey a chance to shine and when you hear the band yelling "FLUFFFFFHEAD" everyone in the place is jumping.Man, I wish I was going to Miami.

Last edited by a moderator:
:unsure:

:goodposting: Fluffhead peaks are about as good as it gets. Really gives Trey a chance to shine and when you hear the band yelling "FLUFFFFFHEAD" everyone in the place is jumping.Man, I wish I was going to Miami.
3.0 Opened with FH in the mothership.

:wub:
Bummer that the posters are so hard to come by, I thought it was pretty cool and would have loved to have gotten one. Looked online today and they are like $200. Damn.

Neo said:
Bummer that the posters are so hard to come by, I thought it was pretty cool and would have loved to have gotten one. Looked online today and they are like $200. Damn.
My buddy got one. He is stoked, #206.Leaving in about 15 minutes!!!

Everything they've been doing this tour has been building to the crescendo of tonight. I expect an odyessy of a type II jam or two in the second set + a few bustouts (Take the A train?) + a Torn and Frayed.

Listen to 11/24 and 11/28 II if you haven't yet, they measure up to any great Phish from any era.

Everything they've been doing this tour has been building to the crescendo of tonight. I expect an odyessy of a type II jam or two in the second set + a few bustouts (Take the A train?) + a Torn and Frayed.Listen to 11/24 and 11/28 II if you haven't yet, they measure up to any great Phish from any era.
12/4/93 is the date of Frank Zappa's death. It is my dream song to hear them play Willie the Pimp. I can dream right?Good call on the bustouts, I think the difference in this phish as opposed to early 90's phish is that there is a set plan of what songs to play and when to play them. to me that is good and bad. I wish I could be there tonight.

Everything they've been doing this tour has been building to the crescendo of tonight. I expect an odyessy of a type II jam or two in the second set + a few bustouts (Take the A train?) + a Torn and Frayed.Listen to 11/24 and 11/28 II if you haven't yet, they measure up to any great Phish from any era.
12/4/93 is the date of Frank Zappa's death. It is my dream song to hear them play Willie the Pimp. I can dream right?Good call on the bustouts, I think the difference in this phish as opposed to early 90's phish is that there is a set plan of what songs to play and when to play them. to me that is good and bad. I wish I could be there tonight.
They played Peaches en Regalia the other day, you may hear it again.

Madison Square Garden, New York, NYLast updated on December 4 at 11:21 pm by Micah GordonSet One * Heavy Things * Possum * Wilson * Kill Devil Falls * Glide * 46 Days * Bouncing Around The Room * Reba * Dinner and a Movie * Guyute * Maze * First TubeSet Two * Scents And Subtle Sounds * Rock & Roll > * Seven Below > * Twist * Mike's Song > * I Am Hydrogen > * Weekapaug Groove * The Horse > * Silent in the Morning * You Enjoy MyselfEncore * Shine A Light

Madison Square Garden, New York, NYLast updated on December 4 at 11:21 pm by Micah GordonSet One * Heavy Things * Possum * Wilson * Kill Devil Falls * Glide * 46 Days * Bouncing Around The Room * Reba * Dinner and a Movie * Guyute * Maze * First TubeSet Two * Scents And Subtle Sounds * Rock & Roll > * Seven Below > * Twist * Mike's Song > * I Am Hydrogen > * Weekapaug Groove * The Horse > * Silent in the Morning * You Enjoy MyselfEncore * Shine A Light
And we're glad, glad, glad that you're a glide!!!First set was sick. Sick I tell ya!!

Gigantomachia said:
Nigel Tufnel said:
And we're glad, glad, glad that you're a glide!!!First set was sick. Sick I tell ya!!
WOW... Incredible show...I'm just waking up and shaking off the cobwebs......

Went to the 'Cuse show and had a great time. They were a pretty sloppy and Trey seemed to be doing the tension and release thing a lot more than normal (almost to moe. levels). With that said, they are playing with a ton of energy and it was great to have them back.

Gigantomachia said:
Nigel Tufnel said:
I was checking out youtube, someone has 1080p HD video, shot from a great location, seems to be synched with the soundboards or something, for all of these MSG shows.God bless technology.

Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Last updated on December 4 at 11:21 pm by Micah Gordon

Set One

* Heavy Things

* Possum

* Wilson

* Kill Devil Falls

* Glide

* 46 Days

* Bouncing Around The Room

* Reba

* Dinner and a Movie

* Guyute

* Maze

* First Tube

Set Two

* Scents And Subtle Sounds

* Rock & Roll >

* Seven Below >

* Twist

* Mike's Song >

* I Am Hydrogen >

* Weekapaug Groove

* The Horse >

* Silent in the Morning

* You Enjoy Myself

Encore

* Shine A Light
I was checking out youtube, someone has 1080p HD video, shot from a great location, seems to be synched with the soundboards or something, for all of these MSG shows.God bless technology.
Sweet

Mikes song

Link to channel with MSG Shows. #### looks and sounds professional.
The videos getting posted on you tube lately of Phish are ridiculous in their quality. Phish is making plenty of money but still they are starting to get ripped off a bit. Props to them for letting this stuff stay up, basically entire shows are up on youtube now and high quality too.

A lot of bands would not allow this too happen.

Went to all three nights at MSG. Many many highlights, but the First Tube to close the first set the last night 12/4 was insane. Insane. Check it out....once you start watching/listening you can't turn it off. The build up to the 3 min mark........and then from 5 mins on is just on fire.

Won't be at Miami sadly. livephish.com will have to suffice.

Later.

Anyone going to Miami need tickets? I have a couple of tickets for all four nights if anyone wants/needs them for the entire run. Wifey and I put in for them thinking we might go, but are doing Xmas in Virginia with my family instead. Just looking to get face for them if anyone's interested.

Link to channel with MSG Shows. #### looks and sounds professional.
The videos getting posted on you tube lately of Phish are ridiculous in their quality. Phish is making plenty of money but still they are starting to get ripped off a bit. Props to them for letting this stuff stay up, basically entire shows are up on youtube now and high quality too.

A lot of bands would not allow this too happen.
How are they getting ripped off? It ain't like they produce all these shows and sell them. I read an interview with Phish back in the early '90's where they said the single most important thing for an up and coming band to focus on is which producer/record label they hire for album production. Phish, like the Dead, ultimately went solo simply to avoid any conflict between allowing peeps to record their shows and legal battles with labels. Phish gets their large crowds BECAUSE of stuff like we are seeing on youtube. And if you go to internet archive you will see all the bands that still DO allow this kind of stuff to happen.

no one going to Miami?
I really wanted to, but just can't make it happen. And not to be the bearer of bad news, but word on the street is that if you hold out you can more than likely get tixs for waaay below face-value at the venue--minus the New Years Eve show, naturally.I would take whatever offer you get or you might get stuck with them. They were giving away tixs in NY for all the shows except the Friday night show. I reckon the same will be true for the Miami run.

no one going to Miami?
I really wanted to, but just can't make it happen. And not to be the bearer of bad news, but word on the street is that if you hold out you can more than likely get tixs for waaay below face-value at the venue--minus the New Years Eve show, naturally.I would take whatever offer you get or you might get stuck with them. They were giving away tixs in NY for all the shows except the Friday night show. I reckon the same will be true for the Miami run.
There were plentiful free tickets for every Miami show except NYE in 2003. Gig is correct in his advice.

no one going to Miami?
There were plentiful free tickets for every Miami show except NYE in 2003. Gig is correct in his advice.
Even a blind squirrel . . . :unsure:

Listening to 12/29 and 12/30, I have to say the band is in rare form. 29th had a ragin' maze, and a transcendent Reba in the first set, a groovy spacy Tweezer that went places no Tweezer had gone for a while, A Jibboo>Wilson>Jibboo sandwich that has to be heard to be believed, a Slave from the depths of the love in our souls, and just a general sense of inspired and loose, experimental playing of every tune in the second set.

I watched the first set of 12/30 streaming online so I got to be part of the wave of rare gem covers like Soul Shakedown Party (what an opener!), Jesus Just Left Chicago, Dixie Cannonball, Corrina, and then the long awaited bustout of Tela and by request Whats the Use. How cool that they basically crafted a first set of tunes mostly left unplayed for at least the last five years!

Im just now getting to the GBOTT and BoogieLope that capped the 2nd set, but there's no doubt that the people there tonight are in for it. Haven't missed a NYE show since 95, but at least now we have the internet to put us virtually in the room!

:goodposting:

ETA: GBOTT is pure whole band hose of bliss.

10 years ago was the most amazing and surreal experience any person could possibly dream of having. 80,000 phans in the Everglades. You had to be there to understand it and there are no words to even try to describe it. Top 3 moment in my life without a doubt

10 years ago was the most amazing and surreal experience any person could possibly dream of having. 80,000 phans in the Everglades. You had to be there to understand it and there are no words to even try to describe it. Top 3 moment in my life without a doubt
I remember thinking that this all had to be part of the master plan with Y2K looming. What better place to ride out the chaos than in the middle of the Everglades with good friends, tents and sleeping bags, and a ton of food, drink, and everything else we needed to get by for at least a week or two?My high point of that whole weekend was during the Light Up of Leave Me Alone jam in the first set, because first of all, it was a bustout nod to the traffic to get in, and second of all I really understood the magnitude of what was happening to us and let it soak in that the whole thing still laid before us, and of course third because it was a face-melting all-time jam.

no one going to Miami?
GDB just checking this thread.

what is no2?
Spacy ambient loops to simulate being under the influence of nitrous oxide at the dentist with Mike playing the part of the dentist saying things like "This might hurt a little bit". I think theyve done it 4 other times before, most famously at my second show 7/8/94 to send us to Gamehendge.

Users who are viewing this thread