What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I totally think that the drugs and partying are involved in all of entertainment. TV, movies and music. They are just like every other addict, with much more acces to it, as well as much more money to buy it.

Bobcat10 said:
Nigel Tufnel said:
Bobcat10 said:
TF, go buy a used copy of A Live One to just get your feet wet.Then report back.
I think I agree. This is where I'm starting my GB, zamboni.
I know he's not looking for jams, but if he can't get into Stash and YEM on A Live One, then I'm not sure the direction he will go from there. Those jams are the beauty of it all. Still, he'll get a taste of shorter songs with some good versions of Bouncing, Wilson, ETC. I think he will come around though. :thumbup:
You might be referring to another previous poster. My musical taste is very oriented towards jammy music, so this could be right up my alley.Will report back. :thumbup:
Correct. I was reffering to Tiger Fan. Enjoy!

SoFresh&SoClean said:
AHHHH!STOP LISTENING TO PHISH. They are so cheesy. Nothing good has come from them. My roomates freaking listen to Phish and get stoned all damn day, and I hate it.
Because it's the music that makes you smoke pot...

SoFresh&SoClean said:
AHHHH!STOP LISTENING TO PHISH. They are so cheesy. Nothing good has come from them. My roomates freaking listen to Phish and get stoned all damn day, and I hate it.
I'm sure they feel the same way when you're playing Outkast and drinking 40s.

Nigel Tufnel said:
Makin' me want to listen again. It's been a little while for me.
Yea, I might have to break out my tapes when I get home tonight. I still have figured out all this downloading and cd burning mumbo jumbo crap yet.

SoFresh&SoClean said:
Because it's the music that makes you smoke pot...
I smoke pot, but I seem to be a rare specimen who miraculously likes good music and not Phish..I hate them. And you all should hate Phish too. It's what anyone who doesn't support terrorism would do. hate hate hate

SoFresh&SoClean said:
BTW, there's not a ### ####ed thing wrong with listening to OutKast and drinking 40s.

SoFresh&SoClean said:
I don't even listen to Outkast that much. Still, they own Phish. I hate Phish, and I won't stop until the whole world hates Phish.

SoFresh&SoClean said:
BTW, there's not a ### ####ed thing wrong with listening to OutKast and drinking 40s.
Thank you!

I smoke pot, but I seem to be a rare specimen who miraculously likes good music and not Phish..I hate them. And you all should hate Phish too. It's what anyone who doesn't support terrorism would do. hate hate hate
Either name the "good music" you like or run along, Junior.I don't think you will because you'll "pull a Keerock."

Alot of the older stuff is tighter. As the years progressed they tended to get a little more noodley and a little too spacey sometimes. I can do without a 30 minute Tweezer.The 7/21/91 was really a perfect suggestion for you. They also have a new live 3cd set of the '88 Colorado tour. That'd be worth picking up.
I picked this up. It made me really happy in a Nostalgic kind of way. I got tingaly listening to it. I highly reccomend it.

Workhorse said:
As a long time Phish fan, I'd recommend some shows from 1997 to a newbie. Those shows tend to be funkier and much more coherant than some of the (excellent) madness from 1993-1995, when Phish was really improvising without a net much of the time. Some of that material takes a little more seasoning to enjoy.

A few suggestions:

Saturday, November 22, 1997

Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA

Set I: Mike's Song -> I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Harry Hood, Train Song, Billy Breathes, Frankenstein, Izabella

Set II: Halley's Comet -> Tweezer -> Black-Eyed Katy > Piper, Run Like An Antelope

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room, Tweezer Reprise

** An all around classic. The Mike's Groove set opener was a jaw dropper. The second set just cooks -- Especially the funked out Tweezer->BEK. One of the best setlists you'll ever hear.

Tuesday, July 22, 1997

Walnut Creek Amphitheater, Raleigh, NC

Check: Limb by Limb (three times), Vultures, Water in the Sky, I Saw it Again (first verse only)

Set I: Runaway Jim -> My Soul, Water in the Sky, Stash, Bouncing Around the Room, Vultures, Bye Bye Foot, Taste

Set II: Down with Disease -> Mike's Song -> Simple -> I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Hello My Baby

Encore: When the Circus Comes, Harry Hood

** The segue from Down With Disease into Mike's is one of the most fluid, perfect you'll ever hear by ANY band. Man, was it nasty out that night. Horrible thunderstorm that night.

Wednesday, July 9, 1997

Le Transbordeur, Lyon/Villeurbanne, France

Check: Funky #####, Jam

Set I: Punch You in the Eye > Prince Caspian, Ginseng Sullivan, Split Open and Melt, Dirt, Taste, Sweet Adeline, Harry Hood

Set II: Down with Disease > My Soul > Cars Trucks Buses, You Enjoy Myself -> Ghost > Poor Heart

Encore: Hello My Baby

** Most of the second set with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Awesome.

Saturday, December 6, 1997

The Palace, Auburn Hills, MI

Check: Dog Gone Dog, AC/DC Bag, Ginseng Sullivan, Black-Eyed Katy

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, Run Like An Antelope, Train Song > Bathtub Gin -> Foam, Sample in a Jar, Fee > Maze, Cavern

Set II: Tweezer -> Izabella -> Jam -> Twist -> Piper, Sleeping Monkey > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Rocky Top

Sunday, December 7, 1997

Ervin J. Nutter Center, Dayton, OH

Set I: AC/DC Bag -> Psycho Killer -> Jesus Just Left Chicago, My Mind's Got a Mind of Its Own, It's Ice -> Swept Away > Steep > It's Ice, Theme From the Bottom, Tube, Tube Jam -> Slave to the Traffic Light

Set II: Timber (Jerry), Wolfman's Brother -> Boogie On Reggae Woman > Reba, Guyute > Possum

Encore: A Day in the Life

** Both shows are utter insanity. Most underrated back-to-back nights ever.

Tuesday, December 30, 1997

Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Set I: Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley -> Taste, Water in the Sky, Punch You in the Eye, Stash, Chalk Dust Torture, A Day in the Life

Set II: AC/DC Bag -> McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Harpua > I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) > Harpua, Izabella > Harry Hood -> My Soul, Sleeping Monkey, Guyute

Encore: Carini -> Black-Eyed Katy -> Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley, Frankenstein

** Words cannot describe how great this show was. They played WAY past curfew.
I was at that show. Along with that whole European Tour. Best summer EVER.

Workhorse said:
As a long time Phish fan, I'd recommend some shows from 1997 to a newbie. Those shows tend to be funkier and much more coherant than some of the (excellent) madness from 1993-1995, when Phish was really improvising without a net much of the time. Some of that material takes a little more seasoning to enjoy.

A few suggestions:

Saturday, November 22, 1997

Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA

Set I: Mike's Song -> I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Harry Hood, Train Song, Billy Breathes, Frankenstein, Izabella

Set II: Halley's Comet -> Tweezer -> Black-Eyed Katy > Piper, Run Like An Antelope

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room, Tweezer Reprise

** An all around classic. The Mike's Groove set opener was a jaw dropper. The second set just cooks -- Especially the funked out Tweezer->BEK. One of the best setlists you'll ever hear.

Tuesday, July 22, 1997

Walnut Creek Amphitheater, Raleigh, NC

Check: Limb by Limb (three times), Vultures, Water in the Sky, I Saw it Again (first verse only)

Set I: Runaway Jim -> My Soul, Water in the Sky, Stash, Bouncing Around the Room, Vultures, Bye Bye Foot, Taste

Set II: Down with Disease -> Mike's Song -> Simple -> I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Hello My Baby

Encore: When the Circus Comes, Harry Hood

** The segue from Down With Disease into Mike's is one of the most fluid, perfect you'll ever hear by ANY band. Man, was it nasty out that night. Horrible thunderstorm that night.

Wednesday, July 9, 1997

Le Transbordeur, Lyon/Villeurbanne, France

Check: Funky #####, Jam

Set I: Punch You in the Eye > Prince Caspian, Ginseng Sullivan, Split Open and Melt, Dirt, Taste, Sweet Adeline, Harry Hood

Set II: Down with Disease > My Soul > Cars Trucks Buses, You Enjoy Myself -> Ghost > Poor Heart

Encore: Hello My Baby

** Most of the second set with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Awesome.

Saturday, December 6, 1997

The Palace, Auburn Hills, MI

Check: Dog Gone Dog, AC/DC Bag, Ginseng Sullivan, Black-Eyed Katy

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, Run Like An Antelope, Train Song > Bathtub Gin -> Foam, Sample in a Jar, Fee > Maze, Cavern

Set II: Tweezer -> Izabella -> Jam -> Twist -> Piper, Sleeping Monkey > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Rocky Top

Sunday, December 7, 1997

Ervin J. Nutter Center, Dayton, OH

Set I: AC/DC Bag -> Psycho Killer -> Jesus Just Left Chicago, My Mind's Got a Mind of Its Own, It's Ice -> Swept Away > Steep > It's Ice, Theme From the Bottom, Tube, Tube Jam -> Slave to the Traffic Light

Set II: Timber (Jerry), Wolfman's Brother -> Boogie On Reggae Woman > Reba, Guyute > Possum

Encore: A Day in the Life

** Both shows are utter insanity. Most underrated back-to-back nights ever.

Tuesday, December 30, 1997

Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Set I: Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley -> Taste, Water in the Sky, Punch You in the Eye, Stash, Chalk Dust Torture, A Day in the Life

Set II: AC/DC Bag -> McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Harpua > I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) > Harpua, Izabella > Harry Hood -> My Soul, Sleeping Monkey, Guyute

Encore: Carini -> Black-Eyed Katy -> Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley, Frankenstein

** Words cannot describe how great this show was. They played WAY past curfew.
I was at that show. Along with that whole European Tour. Best summer EVER.
:jealous:

Listening to the "Weakapaug Groove" from the show on 8/7/1998 at the Walnut Creek Amphitheater in Raliegh, NC. It's pretty ####### awesome I have to say. Totally jam-tastic, with some great solos coming on the guitar... tight and not meandering like sometimes IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so an FBG mailed me a Phish CD. It was from a show in Germany in 1997.

It was off the hook. For real.

I've made the decision that if Phish ever get back together, I WILL be attending a show or two.

I'm kinda pissed at myself for missing out on them when I was in college. One would think I would have enough exposure to them at Berkeley, but I kinda tuned them out. Stupid me.

Of course it's tough to have good musical taste when you're 18. Thank god I've expanded from listening to 2Pac and Bad Religion.

That's cool Z. 2.26.97 I imagine? It's a great show and pretty out there as far as weirdness.

Tiger Fan did you get to listen to any shows?

Here's Pearl Jam at the Bridge School Benefit shows this year

Phish - New Year's Eve 1995 Madison Square Garden
I'm downloading the '95 MSG NYE soundboard right now. Supposedly it's the "best" Phish show ever, but who the hell knows.Actually I just checked... it's the 2.16.97 show from Köln, Germany. You got a link to the 2.26.97 show?

I'm downloading the '95 MSG NYE soundboard right now. Supposedly it's the "best" Phish show ever, but who the hell knows.

Actually I just checked... it's the 2.16.97 show from Köln, Germany. You got a link to the 2.26.97 show?
NYE 95 is amazing and a great choice. The SBD is ridiculous, but the source I linked above is also good because the energy of the crowd is intense.2.26.97 Stuttgart Germany although if you have 2.16, maybe don't get this before the following:

11.22.97 Hampton Coliseum

4.3.98 Nassau Coliseum The second set of this show is out of control.

That's cool Z. 2.26.97 I imagine? It's a great show and pretty out there as far as weirdness.

Tiger Fan did you get to listen to any shows?

Here's Pearl Jam at the Bridge School Benefit shows this year

Phish - New Year's Eve 1995 Madison Square Garden
I'm downloading the '95 MSG NYE soundboard right now. Supposedly it's the "best" Phish show ever, but who the hell knows.Actually I just checked... it's the 2.16.97 show from Köln, Germany. You got a link to the 2.26.97 show?
Where are you dling the soundboard from? Did you pay for it from livephish.com? I think the one on bt.etree is audience taped, although the comments suggest it's great audio.

Where are you dling the soundboard from? Did you pay for it from livephish.com? I think the one on bt.etree is audience taped, although the comments suggest it's great audio.
Ummm... I found it in "torrential" downpour. But right now the Geo "tracker" isn't working right now.

Either name the "good music" you like or run along, Junior.I don't think you will because you'll "pull a Keerock."
Didn't see this earlier. Here's some bands I've been digging lately:Tool, The Killers, Radiohead, Led Zep, At the Drive-In, Beatles, Black Keys, Ray Charles, Kings of Leon, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Camera Obscura, Sufjan Stevens, Slint, Miles Davis, VHS or Beta, Minor Threat, Iron Maiden, Flaming Lips, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, and a lot of other stuff that isn't nonsensical crap such as Phish. You all are hippies and I wish all of the bad things in the world would happen to you.

Didn't see this earlier. Here's some bands I've been digging lately:Tool, The Killers, Radiohead, Led Zep, At the Drive-In, Beatles, Black Keys, Ray Charles, Kings of Leon, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Camera Obscura, Sufjan Stevens, Slint, Miles Davis, VHS or Beta, Minor Threat, Iron Maiden, Flaming Lips, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, and a lot of other stuff that isn't nonsensical crap such as Phish. You all are hippies and I wish all of the bad things in the world would happen to you.
Interesting. So, now you're wishing bad things to happen to Phish fans? You suck.

Have you ever actually listened to Phish? Or are you just going on the stereotype that they're a silly, joke band? Based on some of the bands you say you like (Flaming Lips, Miles Davis, Radiohead, etc.) it seems like you might like them if you gave them a chance.

Have you ever actually listened to Phish? Or are you just going on the stereotype that they're a silly, joke band? Based on some of the bands you say you like (Flaming Lips, Miles Davis, Radiohead, etc.) it seems like you might like them if you gave them a chance.
Dude, his roommates listened to Phish and they sucked, so Phish sucks!

Tool, The Killers, Radiohead, Led Zep, At the Drive-In, Beatles, Black Keys, Ray Charles, Kings of Leon, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Camera Obscura, Sufjan Stevens, Slint, Miles Davis, VHS or Beta, Minor Threat, Iron Maiden, Flaming Lips, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, and a lot of other stuff that isn't nonsensical crap such as Phish. You all are hippies and I wish all of the bad things in the world would happen to you.
In some ways you have similar musical tastes to many Phish fans. I listen to Radiohead, the Flaming Lips (not nonsensical whatsoever), Led Zeppelin, Tool, Sufjan and plenty of Jazz and Blues as well.As far as your last sentence, you can #### off.

Tool, The Killers, Radiohead, Led Zep, At the Drive-In, Beatles, Black Keys, Ray Charles, Kings of Leon, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Camera Obscura, Sufjan Stevens, Slint, Miles Davis, VHS or Beta, Minor Threat, Iron Maiden, Flaming Lips, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, and a lot of other stuff that isn't nonsensical crap such as Phish. You all are hippies and I wish all of the bad things in the world would happen to you.
In some ways you have similar musical tastes to many Phish fans. I listen to Radiohead, the Flaming Lips (not nonsensical whatsoever :lmao: ), Led Zeppelin, Tool, Sufjan and plenty of Jazz and Blues as well.As far as your last sentence, you can #### off.

Dude, his roommates listened to Phish and they sucked, so Phish sucks!
They're "nonsensical", too. Unlike the Flaming Lips, who are completely "sensical".

OK, so an FBG mailed me a Phish CD. It was from a show in Germany in 1997.

It was off the hook. For real.

I've made the decision that if Phish ever get back together, I WILL be attending a show or two.

I'm kinda pissed at myself for missing out on them when I was in college. One would think I would have enough exposure to them at Berkeley, but I kinda tuned them out. Stupid me.

Of course it's tough to have good musical taste when you're 18. Thank god I've expanded from listening to 2Pac and Bad Religion.
What happened to your Ozomatli avatar? That band is off the hook!

I smoke pot, but I seem to be a rare specimen who miraculously likes good music and not Phish..I hate them. And you all should hate Phish too. It's what anyone who doesn't support terrorism would do.

hate hate hate
Saw this dude on Austin City Limits. Strange, but haunting and cool nonetheless.

I smoke pot, but I seem to be a rare specimen who miraculously likes good music and not Phish..I hate them. And you all should hate Phish too. It's what anyone who doesn't support terrorism would do.

hate hate hate
Saw this dude on Austin City Limits. Strange, but haunting and cool nonetheless.
Does he travel with a ton of horns and ####? He'd have to have a rather large band or a backing track to pull off some of the stuff on Illinois.

hate hate hate
I saw him, too. He and his band were wearing wings. Nonsensical!

hate hate hate
Does he travel with a ton of horns and ####? He'd have to have a rather large band or a backing track to pull off some of the stuff on Illinois.
There were probably ten or fifteen people on stage, if I remember correctly.

hate hate hate
Yep, but only 3 or 4 were wearing butterfly wings, IIRC. Such costumes may have made "more sense" if the songs were about butterflies, but I think they were instead about the state of michigan. Lyrics included:"people mover, people mover"

"hamtramack"

"coleman young"

"devil's night, devil's night"

et al...

I switch up the avatars every month or two months depending on mood.

Ozo was there for a while. They do a GREAT live show. I've seen them 3 times, and every time, the audience loves them.

Twice they were paired up with a bigger headliner and put them to shame.

hate hate hate
Yep, but only 3 or 4 were wearing butterfly wings, IIRC. Such costumes may have made "more sense" if the songs were about butterflies, but I think they were instead about the state of michigan. Lyrics included:"people mover, people mover"

"hamtramack"

"coleman young"

et al...
Pretty good show. I think I only saw the last song, which was probably ten minutes long.

Ozo was there for a while. They do a GREAT live show. I've seen them 3 times, and every time, the audience loves them.

I saw Ozo in Austin a few years back when they still had Charlie 2na and Cut Chemist with them. Great show.

hate hate hate

"hamtramack"

"coleman young"

et al...
Pretty good show. I think I only saw the last song, which was probably ten minutes long.
Sufjan Stevens is good stuff. You might like Illinois, although it is plagued with horns.

hate hate hate

"hamtramack"

"coleman young"

et al...
Sufjan Stevens is good stuff. You might like Illinois, although it is plagued with horns.
:(

I saw Ozo in Austin a few years back when they still had Charlie 2na and Cut Chemist with them. Great show.
Yup... those was the dayz. Saw them with that lineup back in like `99 I think. Maybe `98.

hate hate hate

"hamtramack"

"coleman young"

et al...
Actually, here are the lyrics to the one I was thinking of. I think it was the last one he played, the 10 minute long one you referred to. I had some of the lyrics wrong, but I think I got the spirit of the thing :)

Title: Oh Detroit, Lift Up Your Weary Head

Once a great place. Now a prison.

All I can say. All I can do.

People Mover: Bad Decision.

From suburban. Now a prison.

From the trembling walls. It's a great idea!

Everything you want. It's a great idea!

Henry Ford. Henry Ford.

Public Trans. Public Trans.

Pontiac. Pontiac.

Feed the poor. Feed the poor.

City Hall. City Hall.

Windsor Park. Windsor Park.

Saginaw. Saginaw.

After dark. After dark.

Tigers game. Tigers game.

Eighty-four. Eighty-four.

Industry. Industry.

Unemployed. Unemployed.

Gun control. Gun control.

Wolverine. Wolverine.

Iroquois. Iroquois.

Industry. Industry.

Auto Cars. Auto Cars.

Jefferson. Jefferson.

Michigan. Michigan.

From the Renaissance. It's a great idea!

Throw them all away. It's a great idea!

Everything you want.

(Hesitate to burn the buildings)

I switch up the avatars every month or two months depending on mood.Ozo was there for a while. They do a GREAT live show. I've seen them 3 times, and every time, the audience loves them.Twice they were paired up with a bigger headliner and put them to shame.
Yeah, I've saw them twice a number of years ago, they entered the building through the crowd, drumming, absolutely sick.

Yup... those was the dayz. Saw them with that lineup back in like `99 I think. Maybe `98.
They marched the whole band off the stage during the last song to the back of the venue, where they did about a 15 minute drum circle in the middle of the crowd. Never stopped playing. Very cool.

hate hate hate

"hamtramack"

"coleman young"

et al...
Actually, here are the lyrics to the one I was thinking of. I think it was the last one he played, the 10 minute long one you referred to. I had some of the lyrics wrong, but I think I got the spirit of the thing :)

Title: Oh Detroit, Lift Up Your Weary Head

People Mover: Bad Decision.

From suburban. Now a prison.

Henry Ford. Henry Ford.

Pontiac. Pontiac.

Feed the poor. Feed the poor.

City Hall. City Hall.

Windsor Park. Windsor Park.

Saginaw. Saginaw.

After dark. After dark.

Tigers game. Tigers game.

Eighty-four. Eighty-four.

Industry. Industry.

Unemployed. Unemployed.

Gun control. Gun control.

Wolverine. Wolverine.

Iroquois. Iroquois.

Industry. Industry.

Auto Cars. Auto Cars.

Jefferson. Jefferson.

Michigan. Michigan.

Throw them all away. It's a great idea!

Everything you want.

(Hesitate to burn the buildings)
Yep, this is the one I saw.

I switch up the avatars every month or two months depending on mood.Ozo was there for a while. They do a GREAT live show. I've seen them 3 times, and every time, the audience loves them.Twice they were paired up with a bigger headliner and put them to shame.
Yeah, I've saw them twice a number of years ago, they entered the building through the crowd, drumming, absolutely sick.
They did this when I saw them too. Very cool.

Live music collectors will appreciate this:

1800 Uncirculated Front of Board recordings to be released

The Mouth Of The Beast Project

What is the Mouth Of the Beast? If you have ever really listened to live music you probably have noticed that not all recordings are created equal. In this day and age you can fix noise and cuts in a tape but if the full dynamic range or overall tape was far away and distant with low recording levels, it is impossible to add what just ain’t there… As well if you love Soundboard tapes, most of them leave out the full experience of the show. This would be the overall sound of the venue and audience. There are a few brave souls who gave there lives to taping stealth fully up front, in front of the sound board (FOB), in the first 15 rows every night. They braved security and the bands roadies… These tapes were made in the the place they called ‘The Mouth’ In our terms ‘In The Mouth Of The Beast.’ Not back in the Forrest behind the soundboard. When you here one of these from The Uher Crew or from a great taper using top mic’s like Neumann’s or B&K’s. You can’t belive what happens.. You are at the show… We are in process of transferring 1800 of these Masters on ¼ track Reels and Cassette. Most of these tapes have never been transferred or been heard in circulation. Some of the tapers have disappeared but the masters remain.

We are concentrating on Bands who allow trading and seeding of their live music. We adhere to bands policies to the letter.

The 21st Century has yielded amazing steps in technology. In the live music community we have been trading music for decades and have been vanguards in live music recordings and audio technology. We have used the finest Recording decks, Cables, mic pre’s and mic’s. Today we use the best field digital recording gear around and have rigs so small that we can tape almost any show from anywhere!!!

This craving for ‘The Best Tape’ has pushed us deep into the newest technology both for live show recording as well as trading. In the 1980’s we started transferring the old analog master tapes to digital starting with 8 bit PCM’s and 16 bit direct tape to DAT transfers. These older PCM’s while at the vanguard then are very antiquated today. People continue to transfer in this method, if they decide to go with higher bit depths and transfer frequencies the invariably use sub par sound cards like a sound blaster or an M-Audio (0404 or Audiophile) these a Ok for your home system yet do not yield the transparent musical transfers of Pro gear from Grace Designs, Mytec, Lynx or Apogee.

The purpose of our project is to re-archive the old analog masters using only the finest professional A/D’s… Not just your $500 sound card. Subsequently our team will then archive this transfer in 24Bit 96 kHz, re-master and archive, then with only the lightest touch on a professional DAW workstation, track the music and then compress to FLAC format and distribute the resulting 24/96 first as a dithered 16/44.1 and subsequently a DVD-A and through the accepted seeding venues in use today i.e. bt.etree.org, Lossless Legs GEM’s, Jeromes place etc…

You will begin to see regularly at JP, LL, dime, etree and others releases of the material by major members of these sites. The project will not distribute any shows at its own site nor does it have a torrent site with forums or chat. It is not in competition with any site or group. Very respected members and admins of these sites are part of the project as re-master-ers, transferors and listeners. We have all come together to do what is right for the music and the community. There is no ego in this and the only desire is to protect and get the music out there.

These seeds contain only Loss less Compressed FLAC Files for each track, an MD5 file and Text Files detailing the complete transfer process for that seed, all show information (Venue, Date , Band and Track information) and historical notes from the Taper when available regarding the taping experience for that show. Art work for the seed can be generated for CD and DVD based on seeding venue.

We at The Mouth are a not for profit group of zealots who are only concerned with one thing… The music. This translates to a healthy respect for the Master Tapes and The tapers who made them. This is not a project for the individual glory of anyone at The Mouth. It is geared towards protecting and disseminating some of the greatest music in the world for free. Full input on all steps in the process is taken from the taper or source of the master. Nothing will be released until a master has gone through the process and meets the aforementioned approval.

We have the ability to transfer masters in Studio or out on the road at your location where time and location permits.. There are no charges for this service and full credit to Taper will be of utmost importance..

So Keep you eyes out for the sources with the ‘MOTB’ in their name and enjoy..
:o

Live music collectors will appreciate this:

1800 Uncirculated Front of Board recordings to be released

The Mouth Of The Beast Project

What is the Mouth Of the Beast? If you have ever really listened to live music you probably have noticed that not all recordings are created equal. In this day and age you can fix noise and cuts in a tape but if the full dynamic range or overall tape was far away and distant with low recording levels, it is impossible to add what just ain’t there… As well if you love Soundboard tapes, most of them leave out the full experience of the show. This would be the overall sound of the venue and audience. There are a few brave souls who gave there lives to taping stealth fully up front, in front of the sound board (FOB), in the first 15 rows every night. They braved security and the bands roadies… These tapes were made in the the place they called ‘The Mouth’ In our terms ‘In The Mouth Of The Beast.’ Not back in the Forrest behind the soundboard. When you here one of these from The Uher Crew or from a great taper using top mic’s like Neumann’s or B&K’s. You can’t belive what happens.. You are at the show… We are in process of transferring 1800 of these Masters on ¼ track Reels and Cassette. Most of these tapes have never been transferred or been heard in circulation. Some of the tapers have disappeared but the masters remain.

We are concentrating on Bands who allow trading and seeding of their live music. We adhere to bands policies to the letter.

The 21st Century has yielded amazing steps in technology. In the live music community we have been trading music for decades and have been vanguards in live music recordings and audio technology. We have used the finest Recording decks, Cables, mic pre’s and mic’s. Today we use the best field digital recording gear around and have rigs so small that we can tape almost any show from anywhere!!!

This craving for ‘The Best Tape’ has pushed us deep into the newest technology both for live show recording as well as trading. In the 1980’s we started transferring the old analog master tapes to digital starting with 8 bit PCM’s and 16 bit direct tape to DAT transfers. These older PCM’s while at the vanguard then are very antiquated today. People continue to transfer in this method, if they decide to go with higher bit depths and transfer frequencies the invariably use sub par sound cards like a sound blaster or an M-Audio (0404 or Audiophile) these a Ok for your home system yet do not yield the transparent musical transfers of Pro gear from Grace Designs, Mytec, Lynx or Apogee.

The purpose of our project is to re-archive the old analog masters using only the finest professional A/D’s… Not just your $500 sound card. Subsequently our team will then archive this transfer in 24Bit 96 kHz, re-master and archive, then with only the lightest touch on a professional DAW workstation, track the music and then compress to FLAC format and distribute the resulting 24/96 first as a dithered 16/44.1 and subsequently a DVD-A and through the accepted seeding venues in use today i.e. bt.etree.org, Lossless Legs GEM’s, Jeromes place etc…

You will begin to see regularly at JP, LL, dime, etree and others releases of the material by major members of these sites. The project will not distribute any shows at its own site nor does it have a torrent site with forums or chat. It is not in competition with any site or group. Very respected members and admins of these sites are part of the project as re-master-ers, transferors and listeners. We have all come together to do what is right for the music and the community. There is no ego in this and the only desire is to protect and get the music out there.

These seeds contain only Loss less Compressed FLAC Files for each track, an MD5 file and Text Files detailing the complete transfer process for that seed, all show information (Venue, Date , Band and Track information) and historical notes from the Taper when available regarding the taping experience for that show. Art work for the seed can be generated for CD and DVD based on seeding venue.

We at The Mouth are a not for profit group of zealots who are only concerned with one thing… The music. This translates to a healthy respect for the Master Tapes and The tapers who made them. This is not a project for the individual glory of anyone at The Mouth. It is geared towards protecting and disseminating some of the greatest music in the world for free. Full input on all steps in the process is taken from the taper or source of the master. Nothing will be released until a master has gone through the process and meets the aforementioned approval.

We have the ability to transfer masters in Studio or out on the road at your location where time and location permits.. There are no charges for this service and full credit to Taper will be of utmost importance..

So Keep you eyes out for the sources with the ‘MOTB’ in their name and enjoy..
:o
This sounds interesting. How can I find out more?

This sounds interesting. How can I find out more?
Well first of all, you don't need to quote that whole thing, but if you look on bt.etree.org (or the other sites they mentioned) for music regularly, they will start to show up.The generosity of some people (and bands) in the live music scene is incredible. That's a lot of time and expense just to spread music.

Users who are viewing this thread