What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I think it’s fair to say that there probably won’t be another jam band that reaches Phish’s level of success. Does that mean there’s something fundamentally anachronistic about that style of music? Or to put it another way: Is Phish the last of its breed? I’m going to tread lightly around this. Will there continue to be jam bands? If people look backward, there won’t. If people start writing new music using the language of improvisation, sure. But if you’re just celebrating something that happened in 1970, it’s got to die.

I don’t see that as a dig at D&C.  I think he’s talking about new bands trying to recreate the sound of Phish/Dead.  
The 1970 comment is a clear shot at Weir not new bands.  He is talking about them just playing their old stuff.  Pretty clear to me.

The 1970 comment is a clear shot at Weir not new bands.  He is talking about them just playing their old stuff.  Pretty clear to me.
I think you have a reading comprehension issue. That was in regards to new bands influences. Not once was Weir or Dead and Co mentioned.

I think you have a reading comprehension issue. That was in regards to new bands influences. Not once was Weir or Dead and Co mentioned.
I read it the same as you.  Really don't think Trey is going to diss a project he once participated in.  Aside from the fact that a lot of these songs are Weir's songs anyways.  People tend to forget or just be ignorant how many great songs Weir wrote for the Dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finally bought my tickets for Phish @ Alpine.  Got Pavillion for both Saturday and Sunday. In order to get the aisle seats I wanted for Sunday night, I was forced to buy 2 tickets (I'm only using 1).  So I have an extra PAV for Sunday night.  It's in the middle section 202 and they are aisle seats.  Since I bought on StubHub, they were very expensive but if someone is looking, hit me up.  I paid $670 for the pair ($335 each).

I fracking HATE TicketBastard/StubHub/LiveNation.  They are running a racket!

Last minute decision paid off.  We made the hike up from MS to catch Saturday and Sunday...Holy #### balls.  I don't get to catch many live shows, but Sunday night was one for the ages.  

Damn, how far is that drive?  Totally worth it though
It wasn't bad really.  12 hours total.  

After the about 15 minute Mercury then the 38 min Ruby Waves I thought we were hitting on one of those old school 4 or 5 song sets....which I would have been thrilled about.  

The first 2 nights the shows ended at straight up 11pm.  I figured a there was a curfew of something.   I don't recall which song it was but I remember looking at my watch and it was 10:55.  I thought, damn why does this have to end at 11?  Then they continued to rip for about 45 more minutes.  

The banter was priceless.  I'd love to know just how much of what they did was planned.  Fish being off beat on the Land Lady lead in perfectly for the Olivias Pool bust out.  I feel like that had to of been planned.  I don't know.  They joked back and forth all night.  Did a drooling Trey just decide it was time to revive Icculus?  

There's something so special about this band, its tough to put into words how much fun those 2 nights were.  

I got my tickets fairly last minute on Cash Or Trade, which I highly recommend.  However this ####### snatched all my codes for Sunday night before getting me the tickets.  I might email Live Phish and see if they can replace...can't hurt to ask.  

Bobcat10 said:
How many times did you forget where you were during Ruby Waves?  
The two hits didn't help me remember, that's for sure!!  What a great weekend of Phish!  Our crew had a blast, can't wait for next year.

What a killer weekend and WOW on Sunday night!!

Where were you sitting?
Lawn.  Saturday we sat Mikes side.  Sunday we were page side 15-20 yards in front of that pavilion/food court they have.  I usually hate the lawn, but this one was nice.  It was a pain in being so steep, but I think thats what made it nice too.  Great views and sound.  

i hate Ticketmaster with an unhealthy passion 
Wife and I tried for NYE. I will say that, compared to twenty years ago, TM has tried to streamline the ticket buying experience. Unfortunately they have failed miserably. I feel lucky that I didn’t destroy my laptop in a fit of rage. It is a horrible shopping experience and, no, we did not get tickets for 12/31. Two crappy seats for 12/30 and a crappy singleton for 12/29. Just a horrorshow.

Wife and I tried for NYE. I will say that, compared to twenty years ago, TM has tried to streamline the ticket buying experience. Unfortunately they have failed miserably. I feel lucky that I didn’t destroy my laptop in a fit of rage. It is a horrible shopping experience and, no, we did not get tickets for 12/31. Two crappy seats for 12/30 and a crappy singleton for 12/29. Just a horrorshow.
sorry another fan has these seats

oops something went wrong 

Had to shake down one of my good "phriends" last Friday.  He went to a couple nights of new years last year so I asked if he was going again, or if he needed help getting a ticket.  I was going to offer to try.  

He replied that he tried the lottery and got shut out so didn't want to mess with it.  He then followed up with the statement, "yeah I always put in for the lottery on any big show/weekend.  If I get a ticket and can't make the show I flip it on stub hub.  If I get multiple tickets I go to the show and flip the rest on stub hub, the extras practically pay for my flight and hotel."

We can all ##### about TM cause they are part of the problem, but my take is there a ton of #######s like this guy that do this #### all the time and will never admit it.  

Any other FBGs going to Charleston in December?  Those shows are going to be HEATERS. Indoor, Fall, 3 nights to end the run?  GIDDYUP!

Had to shake down one of my good "phriends" last Friday.  He went to a couple nights of new years last year so I asked if he was going again, or if he needed help getting a ticket.  I was going to offer to try.  

He replied that he tried the lottery and got shut out so didn't want to mess with it.  He then followed up with the statement, "yeah I always put in for the lottery on any big show/weekend.  If I get a ticket and can't make the show I flip it on stub hub.  If I get multiple tickets I go to the show and flip the rest on stub hub, the extras practically pay for my flight and hotel."

We can all ##### about TM cause they are part of the problem, but my take is there a ton of #######s like this guy that do this #### all the time and will never admit it.  
Db

Just got some tickets to a TAB show in NOLA.  Have't seen TAB since the first Bonaroo.  

Looks like a tiny little venue.  Should be a fun.  

Wife and I got pairs of tickets for 12/30 and 12/31 so we are getting psyched for the New Years run. However, we have a dangling single for 12/29 that I would be happy to sell for face value to anyone who wants it. As i recall, it is not a great seat and it's somewhere around $100. PM me if you are interested. 

Wife and I got pairs of tickets for 12/30 and 12/31 so we are getting psyched for the New Years run. However, we have a dangling single for 12/29 that I would be happy to sell for face value to anyone who wants it. As i recall, it is not a great seat and it's somewhere around $100. PM me if you are interested. 
Have you got them in the mail yet?   I have 3 for 12/29 and they said they would be mailed like 3 weeks before show

Just got some tickets to a TAB show in NOLA.  Have't seen TAB since the first Bonaroo.  

Looks like a tiny little venue.  Should be a fun.  
That's TAB....fun!  

Trey's fall run was pretty spectacular.  Highly recommended the next time he does it. 

You guys gotten on the Goose band wagon yet?  These guys are rising pretty fast in the jam band scene.  I haven't listed to much, but they have a good sound.  

They have a couple of studio albums on spotify.  They had a free show on Nugs TV last night.  I got to catch a few minutes of it.    Live Videos.  

I secretly worry about the scene once phish hangs it up.   :unsure:

Listened to the Long May They Run podcast this week.   Pretty good. I wish they would have made it longer by mixing in the songs they were referring to.

You guys gotten on the Goose band wagon yet?  These guys are rising pretty fast in the jam band scene.  I haven't listed to much, but they have a good sound.  

They have a couple of studio albums on spotify.  They had a free show on Nugs TV last night.  I got to catch a few minutes of it.    Live Videos.  

I secretly worry about the scene once phish hangs it up.   :unsure:
:thanks:

Never heard of them, but will see what it's all about.  

I'm intrigued from what I've heard......so far that's been their Peach Fest set from this summer, The Relix 18 minute acoustic, and some of the 11/29/18 show (opened for Pigeons).  

I’m a sucker for Steam and Scent of a Mule. Also they played an unusually melodic Sand so I really liked the first set. I can live without the Meatstick, though.
I didn't hear Providence N1S1 either and would have traded N1S2 for it.  That sequence starting at Joy just loses me.

Providence N2 was great.

Caught S2 last night and that was also really good.  S1 looks the same but I didn't hear it.

Anyone going to the Met tonight?  That will be a pretty cool experience.  Probably not an A+ show though.  

Hitting Charleston on sat.  Had to stubhub tix for $230.  It is what it is. 

Also got MSG tix that I am hoping show up in the mail shortly

Anyone going to the Met tonight?  That will be a pretty cool experience.  Probably not an A+ show though.  
Wife is hanging by Will Call all afternoon and evening trying to get in as someone’s guest. She is somewhat pessimistic but I think there is a decent chance she gets in. And we expect a special show.

Users who are viewing this thread