What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Really love this bakers dozen show 4. Short on song numbers and jam packed. Can’t imagine how great the next Thread could be. Best Law Boy ever? I’m a big time sucker for Crosseyed and this one kills it. 

Anyone watching tonight’s Dinner & a Movie? Damn I miss 90s Phish. I hope they do more of these older shows. Early 90s would be phenomenal! I’m a himuge fan of 89-92 Phish. Probably won’t happen but I can dream right?

Watched the first set but got caught up with the family and missed the 2nd.  Was looking forward to seeing Leeroi and that Slave.  🤬

Anyone watching tonight’s Dinner & a Movie? Damn I miss 90s Phish. I hope they do more of these older shows. Early 90s would be phenomenal! I’m a himuge fan of 89-92 Phish. Probably won’t happen but I can dream right?
Was wondering that too.  People were vocal and got their 90's show, not sure how many they'll do though.  The video quality last night was better than a Live Phish show I watched on Monday from 2003.  They enhanced it pretty good I assume?

Since March, I've watched quite a few full shows on YouTube along with all the Dinners.  Looking for some help to pinpoint some new YouTube sources.  Do subscribe to anyone on there, or libraries, or follows in general that you could pass on that have full shows?  I've noticed more and more lately that Nugs has blocked also.

Bobcat10 said:
Since March, I've watched quite a few full shows on YouTube along with all the Dinners.  Looking for some help to pinpoint some new YouTube sources.  Do subscribe to anyone on there, or libraries, or follows in general that you could pass on that have full shows?  I've noticed more and more lately that Nugs has blocked also.
https://phishvideos.myportfolio.com/

This might give you a few hundred hours of things to dig thru.  

2019 Alpine Night 3 tonight.  I was lucky enough to be at this one last year.  Man what a freaking fun night.  

Solid banter from the band throughout the night.  All the back and forth pretty much climaxes in a wild Icculus bust out.  Tons of other high points in the night.  

It’s just such a different show, I love it. How do they decide this was the night? Amazing they even can play half of these without major flubs. 

It’s just such a different show, I love it. How do they decide this was the night? Amazing they even can play half of these without major flubs. 
It was a Sunday, the third night of a 3-night run at a remote location that they love (Alpine Valley) and the last show before a six week break before the ####'s Shows. Let's see if that gets censored. The flubs were quite bad early in the set but the second half of this first set has been much better, starting with the Vultures.

2019 Alpine Night 3 tonight.  I was lucky enough to be at this one last year.  Man what a freaking fun night.  

Solid banter from the band throughout the night.  All the back and forth pretty much climaxes in a wild Icculus bust out.  Tons of other high points in the night.  
I was there all 3 nights as well. Incredible weekend. 

Super nerdy Phish show tonight, so of course I'm tuning in.  My 8 yo daughter is pumped too.   

Who's coming to Gamehendge with me tonight???  

Hope quality and sound are decent at least.  
Nerdy?? Tonight‘s dinner and a movie is going to be the best phish stream to date. If you’re not tuning in you are no phan!! I will be visiting Gamehendge tonight fo sho!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nerdy?? Tonight‘s dinner and a movie is going to be the best phish stream to date. If you’re not tuning in you are no phan!! I will be visiting Gamehendge tonight fo sho!!
Nerdy in a phish way.  Good nerdy!  It was pretty good video and really good sound too.  

That was incredible.  I'm not a 3.0 hater by any means, I still love them and their new stuff, but holy ####.  When they lay down a Stash like that it makes me giddy and sad at the same time.  I had trouble sleeping last night after the show.  

It was the perfect show. 

Nerdy in a phish way.  Good nerdy!  It was pretty good video and really good sound too.  

That was incredible.  I'm not a 3.0 hater by any means, I still love them and their new stuff, but holy ####.  When they lay down a Stash like that it makes me giddy and sad at the same time.  I had trouble sleeping last night after the show.  

It was the perfect show. 
That was the Stash from A Live One. As soon as the jam started I was like “I know this version!”  Great show. Nothing better than 90s Phish

That was the Stash from A Live One. As soon as the jam started I was like “I know this version!”  Great show. Nothing better than 90s Phish
A little late on this, but was thinking the same thing. Was having a hard time explaining this to my buddy who just started watching/listening to phish during COVID. It’s like I knew every subtle note in a super odd way. We jammed ALO a lot in college, damn good times.

This weekend will be a fun one. Triple shot of ****’s.

I happened to watch Friday’s show 9/1/17 (along with 9/2/17) a month or 2 ago. This show is superb and my notes simply say “s2!”. The NMINML>Carini is top shelf. Counting D&M’s, I think I’ve watched 50+ full shows since March.  :nerd:

I hope Dinner and a movie isn't over after this weekend, but I have a feeling it is.  Its cool what theyre doing for Labor Day.  We had gotten in a routine of watching the #### shows this time of year.  

I hope Dinner and a movie isn't over after this weekend, but I have a feeling it is.  Its cool what theyre doing for Labor Day.  We had gotten in a routine of watching the #### shows this time of year.  
I hadn't even considered this.  Are there rumblings it's over or just your gut feel?  Maybe they pick it back up in Oct for a Halloween run and then again in Dec for a NYE run.

I hadn't even considered this.  Are there rumblings it's over or just your gut feel?  Maybe they pick it back up in Oct for a Halloween run and then again in Dec for a NYE run.
I've seen rumors about being over...Its completely unsubstantiated though.  I'd get it though, ##### is usually the final show of the summer and there is usually a short Halloween run then New Years.  

My gut tells me the Tuesday show will be over for a while, but we'll definitely get a Halloween and NYE shows.  

jb1020 said:
I've seen rumors about being over...Its completely unsubstantiated though.  I'd get it though, ##### is usually the final show of the summer and there is usually a short Halloween run then New Years.  

My gut tells me the Tuesday show will be over for a while, but we'll definitely get a Halloween and NYE shows.  
Their weekend reminder message from today said D&M will downshift to approx once a month.  

Better than nothing!  And really there are quite a few Live Phish videos out there if anyone wants to keep the weekly trend going like I will be.

Their weekend reminder message from today said D&M will downshift to approx once a month.  

Better than nothing!  And really there are quite a few Live Phish videos out there if anyone wants to keep the weekly trend going like I will be.
Yeah, theres a ton of good content out there.  D&M was just fun though.  The Phish community is very connected thru the web and the anticipation for the Friday afternoon announcement then show itself was just fun.  Nothing like seeing them live obviously, but it was a little sense of community again.  

Pulling up a random show and watching by yourself on Tuesday just doesn't have the same feel.  Once a month is still cool though.  

I do wonder what their thinking behind pulling it was?  They raised a ton of money.  There can't be much overhead in doing the broadcasts?  Damn, I'm ready to see some live music again.    

I will say I have a few buddies that have been watching and I haven't watched many shows at all "by myself".  We're syncing up the side shows, and obviously D&M, and texting or whatever during them.  I've really enjoyed looking at the Jam Chart notes for each show too and digging into the song histories, etc.  Even started a spreadsheet to track the shows and we still have a decent number of "Live Phish" broadcasts ready to go.  

While this is certainly a highly rated show, and from all accounts I've read an amazing s2, I wonder if this is a precursor to them announcing and then airing Big Cypress on NYE.  The notes say this is the show where they officially announced it.  

I'll also never quite understand why I only saw them once prior to 2009.  Got into them around 1995.  I should have been at this show in Columbus.  

I'll also never quite understand why I only saw them once prior to 2009.  Got into them around 1995.  I should have been at this show in Columbus.  
I kick myself for seeing them only once per year between 1993 and 1998 after discovering them in 1992. The whole concept of seeing a band more than once on the same tour or traveling outside my local area for shows just didn't register with me. Plus I was just out of college and didn't have much money. 

While this is certainly a highly rated show, and from all accounts I've read an amazing s2, I wonder if this is a precursor to them announcing and then airing Big Cypress on NYE.  The notes say this is the show where they officially announced it.  

My wife was at 7/23/99 (while I worked...) and they definitely announced Big Cypress at this show. She remembers it vividly. This second set is quite good.

I haven't seen them live like I wasn't too.   I was born in 82 so I was 17-18 when they went on their first hiatus.  My best friend had a dead head sister who got us into them when we were freshmen in HS. 

I didn't get to see them until Phish 2.0 started and me and that same friend went to see them 2 nights in Cincinnati.  Tickets were hard as hell to get.   Dragged my GF (now wife) to see the "last shows" in Coventry.  She hated it, and I hated it too.  It felt like such a bad break up between us and Phish I didn't care to ever see them again.   I didn't see them again until 2014 when it was convenient to meet up with an old friend for a guys weekend.  I got sucked in again after that.  

I haven't seen them live like I wasn't too.   I was born in 82 so I was 17-18 when they went on their first hiatus.  My best friend had a dead head sister who got us into them when we were freshmen in HS. 

I didn't get to see them until Phish 2.0 started and me and that same friend went to see them 2 nights in Cincinnati.  Tickets were hard as hell to get.   Dragged my GF (now wife) to see the "last shows" in Coventry.  She hated it, and I hated it too.  It felt like such a bad break up between us and Phish I didn't care to ever see them again.   I didn't see them again until 2014 when it was convenient to meet up with an old friend for a guys weekend.  I got sucked in again after that.  
Coventry was awful. From a musical standpoint, anyway, not from a "doing crazy things with friends" and "experience you can tell people about" standpoint. I became much more casual about them when they returned, not just because I got older and had more things to do/pay for, but also because I didn't see the point of being so emotionally invested in a band that had let things deteriorate to the point of crapping in our ears. The 3.0 shows I've seen have been better, but the "I have to see them as often as I can" impulse is gone for good. 

Coventry was awful. From a musical standpoint, anyway, not from a "doing crazy things with friends" and "experience you can tell people about" standpoint. I became much more casual about them when they returned, not just because I got older and had more things to do/pay for, but also because I didn't see the point of being so emotionally invested in a band that had let things deteriorate to the point of crapping in our ears. The 3.0 shows I've seen have been better, but the "I have to see them as often as I can" impulse is gone for good. 
Totally agree.  I'd like to catch them once, maybe twice a year if I can.  If I can't...no biggie.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Since my son was born in 2011, I have not traveled outside the Philly area to see them. 
Mine were born in 2010, 2012 and 2015 so I can definitely sympathize.  

My 8 yo daughter enjoys watching the webcasts and has expressed some interest.   I might tempt faith and take her to the Nashville shows next summer.  Could be a disaster, or a very epic memory.  

Mine were born in 2010, 2012 and 2015 so I can definitely sympathize.  

My 8 yo daughter enjoys watching the webcasts and has expressed some interest.   I might tempt faith and take her to the Nashville shows next summer.  Could be a disaster, or a very epic memory.  
In the early years of Phish 3.0 I started seeing more kids on the lawn at summer shows.

Unfortunately my son doesn't like loud music and shares my wife's preference for country. 

Phishhead since 1993.  I have been to 71 shows and now had the pleasure of taking my kids to 2 shows.  Nothing like it.

On a side note I just saw the Trey at the Beacon announcement.  Is there a reason phish isnt doing this?

I was the cool dad and set up the projector in the front yard for the kids this weekend.  We watched a few movies after the trick or treating died down.  The kids ended up inside and a few of our adult friends came over.  

These people all know me as the Phish guy, but I've never really subjected them to the music.  Anyways, I had had plenty to drink so I thought, "well the projector is here and DAAM is on.  Might as well right?"

After I talk it up about how bad ### Phish Halloween is and then trying to explain Kasvot Vax to people I get the feed up on youtube....it had just stared that super strange ending of "Remain in the Light" where Mike is in the recliner talking  the "Seen and Not Seen" and then it just rambles aimlessly for about 25-30 minutes after that. 

My wife made me turn it off  :bag:

I didn't take into account that part of the show.  I guess I had forgotten about it.  I kept telling everyone "5 more minutes they'll start playing again!"  

Users who are viewing this thread