What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeff Garcia, his value (1 Viewer)

pfalvey

Footballguy
With McNabb leaving the game with an apparent serious leg injury, how much Garcia value does Garcia have? I've never been a big Garcia fan, thought he was a system QB, but he may be real vaulable down the stretch now in Philly's offense and McNabb's injured. What are your thoughts?

With McNabb leaving the game with an apparent serious leg injury, how much Garcia value does Garcia have? I've never been a big Garcia fan, thought he was a system QB, but he may be real vaulable down the stretch now in Philly's offense and McNabb's injured. What are your thoughts?
:goodposting: I'm interested in people's views on this as well. My $.02 is that Garcia, while an obvious drop in talent from McNabb, could be a decent 2nd tier starter if you don't have a top QB on your roster.

:goodposting: I'm interested in people's views on this as well. My $.02 is that Garcia, while an obvious drop in talent from McNabb, could be a decent 2nd tier starter if you don't have a top QB on your roster.
Yes, I have Eli, Roethlisburger and Garrard as my QB's and while they have been OK at times, it's certainly a position where my team could improve.

Garcia, from a NFL perspective is just a bad QB. From a FF perspective, I wouldn't expect too much. He is too old to do the things that let him be good in the past, couple that with him being out of game shape and I don't feel all that warm and fuzzy about his play.

I would hope you don't have to resort to using him or you are in for a tough rest of the season, especially if you previously had playoff aspirations.

Of course this is assuming that McNabb is OUT for a while (worst case scenario) and I have not seen or heard anything other then the JB's email about the injury, so I am not speculating on the injury.

Garcia, from a NFL perspective is just a bad QB. From a FF perspective, I wouldn't expect too much. He is too old to do the things that let him be good in the past, couple that with him being out of game shape and I don't feel all that warm and fuzzy about his play. I would hope you don't have to resort to using him or you are in for a tough rest of the season, especially if you previously had playoff aspirations. Of course this is assuming that McNabb is OUT for a while (worst case scenario) and I have not seen or heard anything other then the JB's email about the injury, so I am not speculating on the injury.
my thoughts exactly on garcia. I have been watching the game today and garcia has been able to do very little to nothing at all against the worst defense in the league. sure its his first start in a long time and he wasn't prepared, but i wouldn't expect much out of garcia from a fantasy standpoint. if you are forced to start him, pray he throws westbrook the ball alot because he doesn't have the strength or accuracy to throw the ball much farther then a 20 yard pass.

Stallworth's stock is plummeting with Garcia. Very Negative. One lousy recep since Garcia got in.

(14:57) (No Huddle) D.McNabb pass incomplete deep right to D.Stallworth. PHI-D.McNabb was injured during the play. He is Out. He was taken to locker room to examine right knee.

(12:21) J.Garcia FUMBLES (Aborted) at PHI 19, touched at PHI 19, and recovers at PHI 19. J.Garcia to PHI 19 for no gain (P.Sirmon).

(13:31) J.Garcia pass incomplete deep right to D.Stallworth (L.Thompson). PHI-D.Stallworth was injured during the play. His return is Probable.

(10:27) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass incomplete short left to D.Stallworth.

(3:38) J.Garcia pass incomplete short left to D.Stallworth (C.Finnegan).

(6:21) J.Garcia pass short left to D.Stallworth to PHI 9 for 7 yards (C.Finnegan).

(4:02) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Garcia pass incomplete deep left to D.Stallworth (C.Finnegan).

(2:00) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass incomplete deep left to D.Stallworth.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the impact on the Philly WRs, let's wait to see what happens in the next 1-2 weeks. Remember, Romo looked pretty bad when he took over mid-game for Bledsoe. I don't expect Garcia to play as well as Romo, but let's hope he doesn't bring fantasy death to the entire offense.

Users who are viewing this thread