What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coaches Corner (1 Viewer)

1st time poster, need help with a tight division race.

2 points for solo tackle, 1 point for assist, 4 points for a sack, 3 points for FF and FR, and 4 points for INT.

DE (Pick 1)

Justin Smith- Cin. @ Cle.

Terrell Suggs- Bal. vs. Pitt.

LB (Pick 3)

Keith Bulluck- Ten. vs. NYG

Channing Crowder- Mia. @ Det.

Scott Fujita- NO @ Atl.

Julian Peterson- Sea. vs. GB

Jonathan Vilma- NYJ vs. Hou.

S (Pick 1)

Yeremiah Bell- Mia. @ Det.

Marquand Manuel- GB @ Sea.

Ed Reed- Bal. vs. Pitt.

Roy Williams- Dal. vs. TB

Thank you for any help I can get in advance.

First off, here is the scoring:

1 tack, .5 assist, 2 int , 3 sack, 2 ff, 2 fr, 1 pass defended

I have to decide on a DB to start this week and I am not sure which one to go with. My choices are Kaesviharn, Yeremiah Bell, and Jermaine Phillips. Also on the WW is Antrel Rolle and Charles Woodson. Which, out of these, would be the best play for this week?

Thanks for the help!

1st time poster, need help with a tight division race.2 points for solo tackle, 1 point for assist, 4 points for a sack, 3 points for FF and FR, and 4 points for INT.DE (Pick 1)Justin Smith- Cin. @ Cle.Terrell Suggs- Bal. vs. Pitt.LB (Pick 3)Keith Bulluck- Ten. vs. NYGChanning Crowder- Mia. @ Det.Scott Fujita- NO @ Atl.Julian Peterson- Sea. vs. GB Jonathan Vilma- NYJ vs. Hou.S (Pick 1)Yeremiah Bell- Mia. @ Det.Marquand Manuel- GB @ Sea.Ed Reed- Bal. vs. Pitt.Roy Williams- Dal. vs. TBThank you for any help I can get in advance.
Justin SmithKeith BulluckJulian PetersonScott FujitaYeremiah BellSmith over Suggs is a close call with Suggs returning to full health and explosiveness over the past two weeks. But the Steelers have tightened up their pass protection while the Browns haven't and Smith's value in run support tips the scales with your scoring system.Fujita over Vilma because of the matchup. Safe play as the lone nickel backer if they get ahead and matching up against a solid run game and TE outlet receiver if behind. Vilma's value is dependent on a huge number of rushing attempts by the opposing team as his alignment puts him 3rd in line for most tackling opportunities.Bell is no fluke. He should be reliable even with Kevin Jones out this week. If you want to swing for the fences with Reed here, though, this could be the week with Big Ben very mistake prone (even at home). Plenty of risk there, however.

First off, here is the scoring:1 tack, .5 assist, 2 int , 3 sack, 2 ff, 2 fr, 1 pass defendedI have to decide on a DB to start this week and I am not sure which one to go with. My choices are Kaesviharn, Yeremiah Bell, and Jermaine Phillips. Also on the WW is Antrel Rolle and Charles Woodson. Which, out of these, would be the best play for this week?Thanks for the help!
Despite the targets Kellen Winslow has been getting, the SS has not been a consistent play against the Browns. On the other hand, no SS has less than 6 solo tackles against the Cowboys over the past month. Bell is a tough sit, but Phillips matchup may be too good to ignore. With Kevin Jones out, Phillips may be a safer play.

Is it to early to start looking at 2007 IDP rookie drafts?
Never too early, but above-average IDP talent has a much harder time overcoming a poor situation than the same offensive talent. Potential stud OLB end up on the strong side. Stud MLB talents like Abdul Hodge end up in GB rather than NO. A team like the Ravens will pass up stud 46 safeties like Greg Blue and grab a Dawan Landry late.So, at this point, studying prime situations crying for talent (and praying for the studs to land in one) is probably more useful than studying the middle ranks of collegiate IDPs. For now, it's most helpful for me to have some idea of how deep a given position might be than anything else. I haven't spent much time on the incoming newbies yet, but it looks to be another solid class of players for 2007.

Coach.....

Would you Bench any of these LBs for Crowder or Dansby

Fletcher, Bulluck, A Thomas, Trotter, J Peterson, and A Davis

1.5 solo, .5 assist, 3 sack, 4 INT, 2 ff, 2 fr, 3 blk, 3 safety..

Thanks

Coach.....Would you Bench any of these LBs for Crowder or DansbyFletcher, Bulluck, A Thomas, Trotter, J Peterson, and A Davis1.5 solo, .5 assist, 3 sack, 4 INT, 2 ff, 2 fr, 3 blk, 3 safety..Thanks
There may be an argument to bench Thomas or Trotter for Dansby, but I like the six you've listed in your scoring system. Crowder is a risk with the hip pointer that kept him out of most of last week's game given the short week.

Scoring: .50/tackles (no pts for assists), 3/sack, 2/FF, 1 FR, 2 INT, 6 TD

We start 1 DB, 1 DL (includes LBs), and one flex

I currently have: JTaylor, AWilson, Kampman, Little

Im solid on the offensive side and as far as D guys go, Im usually looking for consistency more than big games. All these guys I know are usually no-brainers, but Little and Kampman have been a little inconsistent for me throughout the season although theyre having great seasons.

I want to know if you think I should drop one for Shaun Phillips. He's gotten at least a sack in the last 5 games he's played, and had a FF in 4 of the 5 games. #'s were still looking the same when Merriman was in. This week he's playing Oakland.

What do you think? If you think I should grab him, who do I drop? Also, last I saw his injury status was uncertain for this week, do you know his status?

Thanks

Zealot league - standard IDP scoring - big divisional rivalry game - need to win next two weeks to win the division and make the playoffs.

Linebackers - who should I go with - start 3

Dansby @ Vikings (tasty match-up)

T Howard @ Chargers (worse than average match-up)

B Ruud @ Cowboys (if Quarles doesn't start) Cowboys around 13th in giving pts to linebackers

S Tulloch vs Giants ( tough match-up)

M Vrabel vs Bears (worst match-up)

M Washington vs Panthers - (Panthers are pretty good at holding off giving pts to linebackers - another tough matchup)

At this point hoping that Quarles doesn't start - leaning towards Dansby, Howard and Ruud. If Ruud doesn't start???? Any other scenarios I'm missing out on?

DL's start 2

T Harris @Patriots (good matchup - but he's all but disappeared fantasywise)

V Holliday @ Lions (average at pts given up to DL)

A Brown @ Patriots (good matchup)

D Burgess @ Chargers(not the best match-up and he's had a couple of invisable weeks)

T Hali vs Broncos (tough match-up plus still on injured report as probable)

B Thomas vs Texans (the BEST match-up)

I'm leaning towards Brown and Thomas

DB's - start 3

Bailey @ Chiefs (tough match-up and how much will T Green by throwing?)

I Taylor @ Ravens (not a great match-up)

A Bethea vs Eagles (not a bad match-up but with a new QB??)

S Considine @ Colts (so so matchup but is Considine on the field all the time?)

G Earl @ Jets (hard match-upand Earl just hasn't been doing real well)

K Rhodes - No brainer vs Texans

K Simpson vs Jaguars (tough matchup but the kid still keeps making the plays)

leaning towards Bethea, Rhodes of course and Simpson.

Thanks - like I said a very important game with playoff consequences. My offense has been rocked with some of my best players dinged up (Dillon and Droughns) or in the case of WR's losing the starting QB (Stallworth).

Thanks much in advance!

Scoring: .50/tackles (no pts for assists), 3/sack, 2/FF, 1 FR, 2 INT, 6 TDWe start 1 DB, 1 DL (includes LBs), and one flexI currently have: JTaylor, AWilson, Kampman, LittleIm solid on the offensive side and as far as D guys go, Im usually looking for consistency more than big games. All these guys I know are usually no-brainers, but Little and Kampman have been a little inconsistent for me throughout the season although theyre having great seasons.I want to know if you think I should drop one for Shaun Phillips. He's gotten at least a sack in the last 5 games he's played, and had a FF in 4 of the 5 games. #'s were still looking the same when Merriman was in. This week he's playing Oakland.What do you think? If you think I should grab him, who do I drop? Also, last I saw his injury status was uncertain for this week, do you know his status?Thanks
He finished the game this week after aggravating the calf in the second quarter and breaking a finger but I've yet to hear his status for the coming week after the MRI yesterday. Only note is that the injury looked "better than anticipated" yesterday.Aaron Brooks is more mobile than Andrew Walter, but it's still an awful juicy matchup. I don't know how you choose among Little, Kampman, and Phillips though. They all have good matchups this week. The injury issues might be just risky enough to keep Phillips on the outside.Probably won't know more until Wednesday at the earliest and probably nothing for certain until after Friday's practice as it wouldn't be surprising if the Bolts held him out until the end of the week before testing the calf.

Zealot league - standard IDP scoring - big divisional rivalry game - need to win next two weeks to win the division and make the playoffs.

Linebackers - who should I go with - start 3

Dansby @ Vikings (tasty match-up)

T Howard @ Chargers (worse than average match-up)

B Ruud @ Cowboys (if Quarles doesn't start) Cowboys around 13th in giving pts to linebackers

S Tulloch vs Giants ( tough match-up)

M Vrabel vs Bears (worst match-up)

M Washington vs Panthers - (Panthers are pretty good at holding off giving pts to linebackers - another tough matchup)

At this point hoping that Quarles doesn't start - leaning towards Dansby, Howard and Ruud. If Ruud doesn't start???? Any other scenarios I'm missing out on?

Dansby, Howard, and Vrabel if Ruud doesn't go. Washington is interesting -- the Panthers have given up the bulk of their sacks allowed to linebackers, but Vrabel is the safer play probably.

DL's start 2

T Harris @Patriots (good matchup - but he's all but disappeared fantasywise)

V Holliday @ Lions (average at pts given up to DL)

A Brown @ Patriots (good matchup)

D Burgess @ Chargers(not the best match-up and he's had a couple of invisable weeks)

T Hali vs Broncos (tough match-up plus still on injured report as probable)

B Thomas vs Texans (the BEST match-up)

I'm leaning towards Brown and Thomas

Agree.

DB's - start 3

Bailey @ Chiefs (tough match-up and how much will T Green by throwing?)

I Taylor @ Ravens (not a great match-up)

A Bethea vs Eagles (not a bad match-up but with a new QB??)

S Considine @ Colts (so so matchup but is Considine on the field all the time?)

G Earl @ Jets (hard match-upand Earl just hasn't been doing real well)

K Rhodes - No brainer vs Texans

K Simpson vs Jaguars (tough matchup but the kid still keeps making the plays)

leaning towards Bethea, Rhodes of course and Simpson.

I'd play Bailey over Simpson and hope for some Cover-2 looks from the Broncos rather than eight in the box to get Bailey some more tackle shots at LJ in the run game and against the screens. May as well roll the dice here with your LB struggles and see if you can get a big game from Bailey. I don't trust any of the others.

Thanks - like I said a very important game with playoff consequences. My offense has been rocked with some of my best players dinged up (Dillon and Droughns) or in the case of WR's losing the starting QB (Stallworth).

Thanks much in advance!
Good luck.

First time poster and I heard this is a good source for IDP info. Any thoughts would be appreciated on my 16 team IDP league:

League scoring is weighted towards tackles:

Tackle 1 2.00

Assist 1 1.00

Sack 1 2.00

Fumble Recovery 1 2.00

Forced Fumble 1 2.00

Interception 1 2.00

Pass Defended 1 1.50

Defensive TDs 1 6.00

Blocked FG 1 3.00

Blocked Punt 1 2.00

Safety 1 2.00

I've been bleeding a lot of points at DL and seem to be making some wrong choices with my mediocre DBs, not to mention the continued decline of Vilma. Any thoughts would be much appreciated (starters in bold)...

DL - start 2, need 1 more

Dockett, Darnell ARI DT at Vikings

Reed, James KCC DT vs Broncos

Williams, Kevin MIN DT vs Cardinals

Seymour, Richard NEP DE vs Bears

LB - start 3, need 2 more

Bulluck, Keith TEN LB vs Giants

Hill, Leroy SEA LB vs Packers

Moore, Brandon SFO LB at Rams

Vilma, Jonathan NYJ LB vs Texans

Washington, Marcus WAS LB vs Panthers

DB - start 3, need 2 more

Bailey, Champ DEN CB at Chiefs

Herndon, Kelly SEA CB vs Packers

Robinson, Dunta HOU CB at Jets

Spencer, Shawntae SFO CB at Rams

Knight, Sammy KCC S vs Broncos

Last edited by a moderator:
First time poster and I heard this is a good source for IDP info. Any thoughts would be appreciated on my 16 team IDP league:

League scoring is weighted towards tackles:

Tackle 1 2.00

Assist 1 1.00

Sack 1 2.00

Fumble Recovery 1 2.00

Forced Fumble 1 2.00

Interception 1 2.00

Pass Defended 1 1.50

Defensive TDs 1 6.00

Blocked FG 1 3.00

Blocked Punt 1 2.00

Safety 1 2.00

I've been bleeding a lot of points at DL and seem to be making some wrong choices with my mediocre DBs, not to mention the continued decline of Vilma. Any thoughts would be much appreciated (starters in bold)...

DL - start 2, need 1 more

Dockett, Darnell ARI DT at Vikings

Reed, James KCC DT vs Broncos

Williams, Kevin MIN DT vs Cardinals

Seymour, Richard NEP DE vs Bears

LB - start 3, need 2 more

Bulluck, Keith TEN LB vs Giants

Hill, Leroy SEA LB vs Packers

Moore, Brandon SFO LB at Rams

Vilma, Jonathan NYJ LB vs Texans

Washington, Marcus WAS LB vs Panthers

DB - start 3, need 2 more

Bailey, Champ DEN CB at Chiefs

Herndon, Kelly SEA CB vs Packers

Robinson, Dunta HOU CB at Jets

Spencer, Shawntae SFO CB at Rams

Knight, Sammy KCC S vs Broncos
I'd start Dockett & Vilma, not sure on the other LB. This might be the most tackle-heavy league I've ever seen. You probably have some DB's on your WW that would be an upgrade. I'd go looking for Sean Considine, Yeremiah Bell, and any starting safety that isn't taken. Anyone playing the Saints (pass-happy) or even the Steelers (Big Ben is now Pick-Six) would be good choices - a pick gets you 3.5, since it's an INT & a PD, right?

I'd start Dockett & Vilma, not sure on the other LB. This might be the most tackle-heavy league I've ever seen. You probably have some DB's on your WW that would be an upgrade. I'd go looking for Sean Considine, Yeremiah Bell, and any starting safety that isn't taken. Anyone playing the Saints (pass-happy) or even the Steelers (Big Ben is now Pick-Six) would be good choices - a pick gets you 3.5, since it's an INT & a PD, right?
Thanks for the advice - I'm leaning towards Moore as my third LB but I also anticipate a lot of running for Carolina against Marcus and the Skins.And yes, our WW is always chock full of available DBs. The available players right now are:1. Miller, Caleb CIN LB 127.502. Clark, Ryan PIT S 110.003. Bolden, Juran TBB CB 102.504. Samuel, Asante NEP CB 102.005. Thomas, Fred NOS CB 102.006. Finnegan, Cortland TEN S 100.007. Bell, Yeremiah MIA S 97.508. Harper, Nick IND CB 97.009. Miller, Justin NYJ CB 96.0010. Dyson, Andre NYJ CB 95.50Our scoring does count INTs as 3.5, the same as sacks counting as a tackle, as well.You like Bell and Clark better than my other options at DB?

Was Bell promoted after the bye or something?
Pretty much then. I do like Clark & Bell better than your cadre of CB's given the system, but I do think you have pretty solid CB's. I'd make sure you got Bell, and if you want to play 2 CB's for the boom/bust factor, that's okay.

sg makes good points about your scoring system. With such a small premium for big plays (sacks, INT, etc), you're looking for guys that are consistently good tacklers. In general, corners and DTs aren't those guys, even if a diluted 16 team league.Yeremiah Bell is a must roster and start. He took over at SS three weeks ago. And if you're saying that Caleb Miller can be started at DB, the same goes for him. Otherwise, I'd play Knight and Bailey with Bell.At your other positions, I'd play Dockett, Moore, and Vilma.

Can someone confirm that I am not nuts for benching Ryans and Bulluck this week? Starting this week I have: Witherspoon vs. San Fran, B. Moore @ St. Louis, S. Phillips vs. Oakland. Scoring is

Solo tkl= 1 point

Sack = 6 points

Interception= 8 points

Safety= 6 points

Pretty much then. I do like Clark & Bell better than your cadre of CB's given the system, but I do think you have pretty solid CB's. I'd make sure you got Bell, and if you want to play 2 CB's for the boom/bust factor, that's okay.
sg makes good points about your scoring system. With such a small premium for big plays (sacks, INT, etc), you're looking for guys that are consistently good tacklers. In general, corners and DTs aren't those guys, even if a diluted 16 team league.Yeremiah Bell is a must roster and start. He took over at SS three weeks ago. And if you're saying that Caleb Miller can be started at DB, the same goes for him. Otherwise, I'd play Knight and Bailey with Bell.At your other positions, I'd play Dockett, Moore, and Vilma.
Bailey has been quite solid over the year, the other guys less so. Thanks for the info on Bell - I'll take a look at him.Miller just made it into that list as the best available FAs - didn't mean to imply that he was DB eligible.Thanks for the lineup recommendations, guys. Much appreciated.

1.5tack, .75assist, 5int, 4sack, 3ff, 2fr, 1passdefend,

1per10yards kick/punt

I have (T. Mcgee, J. Miller for kick returns) A. Bethea and B. Dawkins

Should I drop B. Dawkins(FBG has low on projections for week 12) for:

N. Harper

M. Huff

K. Kaesviharn

Pacman (punt returner who had a great week 11)

K. Lewis

Y. Bell (strong 3 weeks since becoming SS)

N. Harper

The Man With No Name said:
Can someone confirm that I am not nuts for benching Ryans and Bulluck this week? Starting this week I have: Witherspoon vs. San Fran, B. Moore @ St. Louis, S. Phillips vs. Oakland. Scoring isSolo tkl= 1 pointSack = 6 pointsInterception= 8 pointsSafety= 6 points
You're not nuts. I'd probably play Phillips in that scoring system as well if he's fully healthy. Bulluck is the safer play, but the other three have the better matchups.

littletank said:
1.5tack, .75assist, 5int, 4sack, 3ff, 2fr, 1passdefend, 1per10yards kick/puntI have (T. Mcgee, J. Miller for kick returns) A. Bethea and B. DawkinsShould I drop B. Dawkins(FBG has low on projections for week 12) for:N. HarperM. HuffK. KaesviharnPacman (punt returner who had a great week 11)K. LewisY. Bell (strong 3 weeks since becoming SS)N. Harper
I don't think I would. Dawkins could get a few more tackles with the Eagles likely to struggle in McNabb's absence and possibly playing a bigger role in nickel packages with Shawn Barber injured. He may also be blitzed a bit more as Jim Johnson may become even more aggressive with the defense to generate easier chances for the offense. Bell is a solid play (as is Keith Lewis now), but I think I'd stick with Dawkins. With Kevin Jones out this week for Detroit, I think Dawkins (against IND) may have a better matchup than Bell this week anyway.

Standard scoring, Caleb Miller @ Browns or Thomas Howard @ ChargersPick one, TIA
I think I'd play Miller, especially with Reuben Droughns looking more likely to play this week. Michael Huff has been coming on the past month and Howard is likely to see some decline in his tackles made in pursuit.

With K. Kennedy being a GTD, does this do anything to make D. Bullocks a better start against Miami? I am currently going with Lynch against KC (figure he has a chance to help against the run, plus cover the corner), but Lynch is always limited in points. TIA and have a great T'Day.

With K. Kennedy being a GTD, does this do anything to make D. Bullocks a better start against Miami? I am currently going with Lynch against KC (figure he has a chance to help against the run, plus cover the corner), but Lynch is always limited in points. TIA and have a great T'Day.
Sure. We should know shortly whether he's active or not. Bullocks is a good start against a team that uses it's TE and RB heavily in the underneath passing game and should see plenty of tackle opportunity without Cody and Rogers again.ETA: Kennedy's inactive. I'd start Bullocks.

Rosevelt Colvin, any thoughts on his recent spike in production?

First 7 games: 13 tackles, 6 assists, 1 sack

Last 3 games: 15 tackles, 2 assists, 3.5 sacks

I'm considering him at a flex position over Derrick Burgess this week. Burgess hasn't done much lately and he's at San Diego this week where he hasn't produced a whole lot in the past... I basically do not feel good about him right now.

It's a large league so there's not alot available (Laroi Glover vs SF is the next best player available and he has out-performed Burgess recently), IDP scoring is relatively minimal (.5/solo, 0/asst, 3/sack).

I read all of your stuff and appreciate the time, effort and expertise you guys bring. TIA.

JAM

JAM said:
Rosevelt Colvin, any thoughts on his recent spike in production?First 7 games: 13 tackles, 6 assists, 1 sackLast 3 games: 15 tackles, 2 assists, 3.5 sacksI'm considering him at a flex position over Derrick Burgess this week. Burgess hasn't done much lately and he's at San Diego this week where he hasn't produced a whole lot in the past... I basically do not feel good about him right now.It's a large league so there's not alot available (Laroi Glover vs SF is the next best player available and he has out-performed Burgess recently), IDP scoring is relatively minimal (.5/solo, 0/asst, 3/sack).I read all of your stuff and appreciate the time, effort and expertise you guys bring. TIA.JAM
No great insight -- likely the normal ups and downs of a 3-4 OLB. His schedule hasn't been too much better over the past three weeks, although the Colts always struggle to protect against a 3-4 defense with speed rushing OLBs. Now that the defensive line is mostly healthy (Warren back, Seymour apparently well), the Pats have scrapped a lot of the 4-3 looks they were using earlier in the year which kept Colvin off the field.Colvin is a good play this week as Belichick will likely look to take advantage of Grossman's poor play on the road and against pressure by switching up coverages and bringing plenty of blitzes from the backers. Burgess' matchup isn't horrible this week as he should be helpful in run support against LT but that's not helpful in your scoring system. The Chargers protect Rivers too well to take the risk that Burgess will get there if the Raiders fall hopelessly behind early.

Sure. We should know shortly whether he's active or not. Bullocks is a good start against a team that uses it's TE and RB heavily in the underneath passing game and should see plenty of tackle opportunity without Cody and Rogers again.

ETA: Kennedy's inactive. I'd start Bullocks.

Bullocks turned out to be a great play (the Lions need to leave him on the field).

1 more for the weekend. Should I stick with a suddenly disappointing Thomas Howard vs San Diego (saw your previous comment on Huff; was wondering what happened), or go with Abdul Hodge (vs Seattle) now that he is starting over Barnett (OUT)?

Both teams should see plenty of the run and I think Hodge will contribute in the pass game as well (Pack fan here and glad to see him on the field). Standard scoring here. TIA again

Zealots league.

Pick two DEs:

John Abraham (off the injury report)

Robert Mathis

Aaron Schobel

Bryan Thomas

Victor Adeyanju

Abraham's a monster when he plays, but I've got very capable guys to plug in his place. I could see starting any two of these guys and can't seem to distinguish them this week.

Zealots league.Pick two DEs:John Abraham (off the injury report)Robert MathisAaron SchobelBryan ThomasVictor AdeyanjuAbraham's a monster when he plays, but I've got very capable guys to plug in his place. I could see starting any two of these guys and can't seem to distinguish them this week.
I would definitely start Schobel, then flip a coin between Mathis and Thomas.

Bullocks turned out to be a great play (the Lions need to leave him on the field). 1 more for the weekend. Should I stick with a suddenly disappointing Thomas Howard vs San Diego (saw your previous comment on Huff; was wondering what happened), or go with Abdul Hodge (vs Seattle) now that he is starting over Barnett (OUT)? Both teams should see plenty of the run and I think Hodge will contribute in the pass game as well (Pack fan here and glad to see him on the field). Standard scoring here. TIA again
I think I'd stick with Howard. The matchup is good -- top rushing attack and active RB/TE in the passing game. Have a hard time going with Hodge against a so-so rushing attack. I'll be interested to see if Hodge plays in the nickel defense as coverage isn't a strength. My guess is the Packers play a lot of dime coverage tomorrow against the four and five receiver sets the Seahawks like to use, leaving Hawk as the only backer on the field.

Zealots league.Pick two DEs:John Abraham (off the injury report)Robert MathisAaron SchobelBryan ThomasVictor AdeyanjuAbraham's a monster when he plays, but I've got very capable guys to plug in his place. I could see starting any two of these guys and can't seem to distinguish them this week.
I'd play Thomas -- solid matchup and best tackle potential. When the matchups aren't compelling I'd go with the best player, which is probably Mathis at this point. Abraham could go off, but he could be out in the first quarter. The last time Abraham tried to come back from this injury he was on a 20 snap play count that we weren't told about until he couldn't even hack that. Probably too big of a risk still.

Okay... Is Trotter really a good start against an Indi team who will do more throwing than running?

My only other options would be to pull from the WW: Boley vs Saints, Vrabel or Bruschi vs Chi, or Caleb Miller at Cle.

Any thoughts???

Thx.

Scoring - tkl = 2, asst = 1, FR/INT/SACK = 6, FF =3, PD =2

Okay... Is Trotter really a good start against an Indi team who will do more throwing than running?My only other options would be to pull from the WW: Boley vs Saints, Vrabel or Bruschi vs Chi, or Caleb Miller at Cle.Any thoughts???Thx.Scoring - tkl = 2, asst = 1, FR/INT/SACK = 6, FF =3, PD =2
LBs against the Colts have been a solid play all season long. I don't think there's a huge risk of Philly being far enough ahead to get stuck in a nickel defense most of the day and Trotter sees some time in the nickel against teams who run frequently despite being in a three wide receiver set -- like Indy.I'd start Trotter over every other option you've listed except maybe Caleb Miller, who, with Simmons possibly back in the picture, has issues of his own.

Pick 2 out of the following 3. Tackles dominate scoring, sacks 2x tackle.

Caleb Miller

Thomas Howard

Thomas Davis

Hey Coach,

Need to start three,

Bart Scott LB/Ravens

Chris Hope DB/Titans

EJ Henderson LB/ Vikings

Gerald Hayes LB/Cards

Eric Barton LB/Jets

Scoring

1 pt. Tckl/Asst.

2 pts. FF

3 pts. FR

3 pts. Sack

5 Points Int.

Appreciate your time,

TeamBryan

:football:

Pick 2 out of the following 3. Tackles dominate scoring, sacks 2x tackle.Caleb MillerThomas HowardThomas Davis
Start Miller. Howard matchup is so much better than Davis, but Davis has been playing really well and still gets the benefit of facing Cooley. I think I'd start Davis.

Hey Coach,Need to start three,Bart Scott LB/RavensChris Hope DB/TitansEJ Henderson LB/ VikingsGerald Hayes LB/CardsEric Barton LB/JetsScoring1 pt. Tckl/Asst.2 pts. FF3 pts. FR3 pts. Sack5 Points Int.Appreciate your time,TeamBryan :football:
Scott, Hayes, and Hope just slightly by matchup.

Hey coach,

I need to choose between J Peterson @ Den or Dansby @StL (I like Dansby here against the weakline of the Rams)

Also, I need to choose from M Williams vs Bal or O Atogwe @ Ari (Atogwe has been on a hot streak lately)

Thanks

Hey coach, I need to choose between J Peterson @ Den or Dansby @StL (I like Dansby here against the weakline of the Rams)Also, I need to choose from M Williams vs Bal or O Atogwe @ Ari (Atogwe has been on a hot streak lately)Thanks
I'd start Dansby and Williams. Williams has a nice matchup against Lewis and Heap. He was 11-1 against the Ravens in the last matchup and the better NFL safeties have been productive against Baltimore. By contrast, only one safety has had more than five tackles against the Cards since Week 5. Will Witherspoon has a mild hamstring strain which may inflate Atogwe's value, but not enough to get the call over Williams IMO.

Since this thread has tailed off from four pages to one over the past month, we'll just let it flow until season's end. As always, all are welcome to pitch in.

I'd start Dansby and Williams. Williams has a nice matchup against Lewis and Heap. He was 11-1 against the Ravens in the last matchup and the better NFL safeties have been productive against Baltimore. By contrast, only one safety has had more than five tackles against the Cards since Week 5. Will Witherspoon has a mild hamstring strain which may inflate Atogwe's value, but not enough to get the call over Williams IMO.
Thats some good stuff... I totally forgot about that day when Cinny played Bal...Thanks

Need this game and a loss by another guy to make the playoffs. :football:

Tackles 1, Assist .05, PD 1, FF 2, FR 2, sacks 3, IT 3 pts all TDs 6 pts

Need defensive line-up help again this week guys! Thanks for the input the last couple weeks. It has helped!

DL pick 2/3 - usually picking 2 DL, 3LB, 3DB

V Holliday vs Jaguars - Holliday has been hot as of late and letting points sit on the bench. Sacks last 3 games

A Brown vs Vikings - all but disappeared in the last game and Ray got some looks at DE feast or famine

D Burgess vs Texans - Burgess is not burning up the place max of 5 pts in the last 4 games

T Hali @ Browns - T Hali has been up and down but had a great weekend this last one

B Thomas @ Packers - probably a shoe-in as starter

I'm leaning Hali and Thomas - am I missing a juicy match-up?

pick 2/3 -

K Dansby @ Rams - juicy match-up -should be my starter and great game this last weekend

T Howard vs Texans - decent match-up

S Merriman @Bills - terrible match-up but is he a tiger finally let out of the cage and hungry and raring to go?

Ruud @ Steelers - decent match-up (assuming he starts again - getting tired of watching about Quarles

S Tulloch vs Colts - good match-up against the Colts but can he be counted on yet?

M Vrabel vs Lions - not the best matchup

M Washington vs Falcons - terrible match-up

So far going with Dansby and Merriman (big risk but could be huge reward) and Ruud - but again just not sure I'm not missing something.

DB - pick 2/3 - as I've already figured on Rhodes!

Champ vs Seahawks - really decent match-up in pts given up by DB

A Bethea @ Titans - good match-up but is he hurting to badly? can't afford him leaving the game.

I Taylor vs Buccaneers - bad matchup - not even considering

S Considine vs Panthers - not the best of matchups

Glenn Earl @ Raiders - worst matchup for pts given up and Earl just hasn't been doing anything but average

K Rhodes @ Packers - OF COURSE HE IS STARTING

K Simpson vs Chargers - very bad on pts given up but he does come up with big plays

J Page @ Browns - only listed in case he starts would he be an option?

This point I'm going Champ, Rhodes and Simpson - you helped me bench Simpson and start Bailey last week and it payed off! Maybe I should be thinking Considine instead of Simpson or risk depending on what we here about Bethea's injury??

All opinions are very welcome. Like I said I have to win my game and hope someone loses theres to get to the playoffs but I go nowhere if I lose.

thanks in advance!

2 points for solo tackle, 1 point for assist, 4 points for a sack, 3 points for FF and FR, and 4 points for INT.

DE (Pick 1)

Justin Smith-Cin. vs. Ravens

Terrell Suggs-Balt. @ Bengals

Thinking of going with Suggs and hope he keeps up his recent hot streak.

LB (Pick 2)

Keith Bulluck-Ten. vs. Colts

Scott Fujita-NO vs. 49ers

Kawika Mitchell-KC @ Browns

Julian Peterson-Sea @ Broncos

Stephen Tulloch-Ten. vs. Colts

Jonathan Vilma- NYJ @ Packers

Going with Bulluck for sure, thinking about Mitchell just based on match-ups, is Tulloch worth a start next to Bulluck?

CB (Pick 1)

Anthony Henry- Dal. @ NYG

Antoine Winfield- Min. @ Bears

Thinking of going with the obvious choice I think Winfield.

S (Pick 1)

O. Atogwe- STL vs. Cardinals

Yeremiah Bell- Mia. vs. Jaguars

Marquand Manuel- GBP vs. NYJ

Roy Williams- Dal. @ NYG

This position has stumped me all year long, I'm thinking about going with Manuel, because he is the most consitent at getting tackles, but I have no idea?

Any help I can get from anyone will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

pretender said:
Need this game and a loss by another guy to make the playoffs. :football: Tackles 1, Assist .05, PD 1, FF 2, FR 2, sacks 3, IT 3 pts all TDs 6 ptsNeed defensive line-up help again this week guys! Thanks for the input the last couple weeks. It has helped! DL pick 2/3 - usually picking 2 DL, 3LB, 3DBV Holliday vs Jaguars - Holliday has been hot as of late and letting points sit on the bench. Sacks last 3 gamesA Brown vs Vikings - all but disappeared in the last game and Ray got some looks at DE feast or famineD Burgess vs Texans - Burgess is not burning up the place max of 5 pts in the last 4 gamesT Hali @ Browns - T Hali has been up and down but had a great weekend this last oneB Thomas @ Packers - probably a shoe-in as starterI'm leaning Hali and Thomas - am I missing a juicy match-up?pick 2/3 -K Dansby @ Rams - juicy match-up -should be my starter and great game this last weekendT Howard vs Texans - decent match-up S Merriman @Bills - terrible match-up but is he a tiger finally let out of the cage and hungry and raring to go?Ruud @ Steelers - decent match-up (assuming he starts again - getting tired of watching about QuarlesS Tulloch vs Colts - good match-up against the Colts but can he be counted on yet?M Vrabel vs Lions - not the best matchup M Washington vs Falcons - terrible match-upSo far going with Dansby and Merriman (big risk but could be huge reward) and Ruud - but again just not sure I'm not missing something. DB - pick 2/3 - as I've already figured on Rhodes!Champ vs Seahawks - really decent match-up in pts given up by DBA Bethea @ Titans - good match-up but is he hurting to badly? can't afford him leaving the game.I Taylor vs Buccaneers - bad matchup - not even consideringS Considine vs Panthers - not the best of matchups Glenn Earl @ Raiders - worst matchup for pts given up and Earl just hasn't been doing anything but averageK Rhodes @ Packers - OF COURSE HE IS STARTINGK Simpson vs Chargers - very bad on pts given up but he does come up with big playsJ Page @ Browns - only listed in case he starts would he be an option? This point I'm going Champ, Rhodes and Simpson - you helped me bench Simpson and start Bailey last week and it payed off! Maybe I should be thinking Considine instead of Simpson or risk depending on what we here about Bethea's injury??All opinions are very welcome. Like I said I have to win my game and hope someone loses theres to get to the playoffs but I go nowhere if I lose. thanks in advance!
DL: I like Thomas and Hali here.... I am even benching Kampman against the Jets to play those two, I like their matchups. Thomas can be a bit risky though, as you never know what D scheme Mangini will run in a given week. LB: With Seau gone for the year, Vrabel's value gets a significant jump. If Belichick runs a 4-3, Vrabel could have a really big week. The question is can Detroit hold the ball long enough for Vrabel to rack up tackles and sacks? I'm betting yes.... but another risky play.I wish I knew more about how T Howard is being used in the Oakland D.... it seems to be different on a weekly basis. Against KC two weeks ago he almost got a goose egg. He had 5 solos against the Chargers last week, but that was it. I'm getting somewhat leery to start him now. I like Tulloch.... lower risk at this point than Howard is right now, and with better upside. Dansby, Ruud (yes watch out for Quarles) and Tulloch are my choices. Having Champ and Rhodes on my playoff dynasty teams, they are my automatic starts. I actually like the Considine matchup. Carolina knows they can't win without getting the ball to S Smith, even into double coverage. Considine's stregnth is his ability to cover. I think Delhomme will try to force the ball to Smith, which means Considine will be around the ball a lot.... I think. Good luck, you cheesehead! :homer:

1.5tack, .75assist, 5int, 4sack, 3ff, 2fr, 1pass defend

Daryl Smith has had 1 good week

Should I drop him for: Landon Johnson (consistantly good for past 4 weeks)

G. Brackett

Caleb Miller

Vrabel

Shaun Phillips

E. Sims

pretender said:
Need this game and a loss by another guy to make the playoffs. :football:

Tackles 1, Assist .05, PD 1, FF 2, FR 2, sacks 3, IT 3 pts all TDs 6 pts

Need defensive line-up help again this week guys! Thanks for the input the last couple weeks. It has helped!

DL pick 2/3 - usually picking 2 DL, 3LB, 3DB

V Holliday vs Jaguars - Holliday has been hot as of late and letting points sit on the bench. Sacks last 3 games

A Brown vs Vikings - all but disappeared in the last game and Ray got some looks at DE feast or famine

D Burgess vs Texans - Burgess is not burning up the place max of 5 pts in the last 4 games

T Hali @ Browns - T Hali has been up and down but had a great weekend this last one

B Thomas @ Packers - probably a shoe-in as starter

I'm leaning Hali and Thomas - am I missing a juicy match-up?

I think you have to play Thomas with his consistent tackle numbers and the matchup is a decent one for sack potential as well. Hali has proven himself healthy and the Browns have been terrible in pass protection -- four straight weeks allowing at least four sacks. Holliday is an interesting option but I don't think you can play three DL without a ridiculously good matchup in this scoring system and get away with it.

pick 2/3 -

K Dansby @ Rams - juicy match-up -should be my starter and great game this last weekend

T Howard vs Texans - decent match-up

S Merriman @Bills - terrible match-up but is he a tiger finally let out of the cage and hungry and raring to go?

Ruud @ Steelers - decent match-up (assuming he starts again - getting tired of watching about Quarles

S Tulloch vs Colts - good match-up against the Colts but can he be counted on yet?

M Vrabel vs Lions - not the best matchup

M Washington vs Falcons - terrible match-up

So far going with Dansby and Merriman (big risk but could be huge reward) and Ruud - but again just not sure I'm not missing something.

Not a single reliable tackler here so swing for the homerun with Dansby and Merriman. I'd start Ruud if he goes. Vrabel moves inside this week so he should be a more steady performer -- hopefully Kevin Jones returns and gets him some more opportunity. I don't trust Tulloch yet. I think last week's explosion was more the result of 32 rushes and 12 underneath pass completions than Haynesworth's return or Tulloch's improvement. I suppose the same could happen against the Colts but I'd expect the Titans to play a bunch of Cover-2 again this week (as they did in the first matchup) and keep everything in front of them.

DB - pick 2/3 - as I've already figured on Rhodes!

Champ vs Seahawks - really decent match-up in pts given up by DB

A Bethea @ Titans - good match-up but is he hurting to badly? can't afford him leaving the game.

I Taylor vs Buccaneers - bad matchup - not even considering

S Considine vs Panthers - not the best of matchups

Glenn Earl @ Raiders - worst matchup for pts given up and Earl just hasn't been doing anything but average

K Rhodes @ Packers - OF COURSE HE IS STARTING

K Simpson vs Chargers - very bad on pts given up but he does come up with big plays

J Page @ Browns - only listed in case he starts would he be an option?

This point I'm going Champ, Rhodes and Simpson - you helped me bench Simpson and start Bailey last week and it payed off! Maybe I should be thinking Considine instead of Simpson or risk depending on what we here about Bethea's injury??

Bethea apparently just has a bruise. I keep the same starting three this week unless Bethea is dinged and/or Sanders is back to steal tackles. Considine is the next best option.

All opinions are very welcome. Like I said I have to win my game and hope someone loses theres to get to the playoffs but I go nowhere if I lose.

thanks in advance!
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread