What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coaches Corner (1 Viewer)

2 points for solo tackle, 1 point for assist, 4 points for a sack, 3 points for FF and FR, and 4 points for INT.DE (Pick 1)Justin Smith-Cin. vs. RavensTerrell Suggs-Balt. @ BengalsThinking of going with Suggs and hope he keeps up his recent hot streak.LB (Pick 2)Keith Bulluck-Ten. vs. ColtsScott Fujita-NO vs. 49ersKawika Mitchell-KC @ BrownsJulian Peterson-Sea @ BroncosStephen Tulloch-Ten. vs. ColtsJonathan Vilma- NYJ @ PackersGoing with Bulluck for sure, thinking about Mitchell just based on match-ups, is Tulloch worth a start next to Bulluck?CB (Pick 1)Anthony Henry- Dal. @ NYGAntoine Winfield- Min. @ BearsThinking of going with the obvious choice I think Winfield.S (Pick 1)O. Atogwe- STL vs. CardinalsYeremiah Bell- Mia. vs. JaguarsMarquand Manuel- GBP vs. NYJRoy Williams- Dal. @ NYGThis position has stumped me all year long, I'm thinking about going with Manuel, because he is the most consitent at getting tackles, but I have no idea?Any help I can get from anyone will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Meh, sorry about last week and the Smith-Suggs deal. Suggs is clearly healthy again and making plays in run defense. Smith should've gotten a sack or two last week but forced Frye into the linebackers instead. This week, I think I'd roll with Suggs but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong again as I think the Bengals turn the tables on the Ravens this week.I'd start Bulluck and Fujita by matchups. Assuming Gore is fully healthy by Friday, Fujita should have an excellent opportunity at a solid tackle day. Julian Peterson could have a huge day against the rookie quarterback this week but your scoring system is skewed just enough toward tackles that he's riskier than Fujita IMO. See my response to pretender's question for my thoughts on Tulloch. The combination of a poor Browns rush attack and Derrick Johnson returning to the lineup hurts Mitchell's value. Both Henry and Winfield are solid choices this week. I think this is the matchup you'd like to play Henry but Winfield's potential tackle numbers and Grossman's schizophrenia are probably too good to overlook.I think you have to go with Atogwe here. The Cardinals aren't the best matchup generally speaking, but the Rams are beat up on the line and Witherspoon may be slowed by a hamstring injury (see where he lands on the injury report this week) so this may be the week Edge gets into the secondary a bit. Also, Atogwe has been money in coverage and could get some nice stats helping over the top against the Cards pass attack. Bell, Manuel, and Williams all face inconsistent rushing and passing attacks -- I don't know how you choose among them.

LB: With Seau gone for the year, Vrabel's value gets a significant jump. If Belichick runs a 4-3, Vrabel could have a really big week. The question is can Detroit hold the ball long enough for Vrabel to rack up tackles and sacks? I'm betting yes.... but another risky play.I wish I knew more about how T Howard is being used in the Oakland D.... it seems to be different on a weekly basis. Against KC two weeks ago he almost got a goose egg. He had 5 solos against the Chargers last week, but that was it. I'm getting somewhat leery to start him now.
I think the Pats run just as much 4-3 as they have in past weeks, which is to say it's entirely dependent on what Belichick decides he wants to take away in any given week. Vrabel's value is probably the same now in both sets anyway. I think Howard's issue is two-fold. First, he's likely feeling a little of the proverbial rookie wall. More importantly, though, is the improved play of Michael Huff and the defensive tackles. Morrison and Huff are getting to the ball more often and leaving less downfield tackle opportunities for Howard in pursuit.

1.5tack, .75assist, 5int, 4sack, 3ff, 2fr, 1pass defendDaryl Smith has had 1 good weekShould I drop him for: Landon Johnson (consistantly good for past 4 weeks)G. BrackettCaleb MillerVrabelShaun PhillipsE. Sims
Smith hasn't been as productive from a raw stats standpoint since Stroud and Henderson have gotten back healthy, but he's still been good from a relative tackle standpoint -- at or near the top in team solo tackles. I think it's more of an issue of the Giants and Bills all but abandoning the run in the past two games (less than 20 rushes total in both games).I like Johnson, too, but Smith's matchups look above average down the stretch and I don't know that Johnson is a clearly better play. Smith probably has the bigger upside and you've got enough other horses to wait him out a week longer.Could go either way though.

1.5tack, .75assist, 5int, 4sack, 3ff, 2fr, 1pass defendDaryl Smith has had 1 good weekShould I drop him for: Landon Johnson (consistantly good for past 4 weeks)G. BrackettCaleb MillerVrabelShaun PhillipsE. Sims
Smith hasn't been as productive from a raw stats standpoint since Stroud and Henderson have gotten back healthy, but he's still been good from a relative tackle standpoint -- at or near the top in team solo tackles. I think it's more of an issue of the Giants and Bills all but abandoning the run in the past two games (less than 20 rushes total in both games).I like Johnson, too, but Smith's matchups look above average down the stretch and I don't know that Johnson is a clearly better play. Smith probably has the bigger upside and you've got enough other horses to wait him out a week longer.Could go either way though.
FYI the list after Johnson are other's available off the waiver if that was missunderstood. Should I drop Smith for one of them?

solo's 1 pt, sacks 8pts, ff 4 pts, fr 4 pts, pd 2 points,

Based on this scoring system, how would you rank Hali, Suggs, and Brandon Moore this week only?

littletank said:
FYI the list after Johnson are other's available off the waiver if that was missunderstood. Should I drop Smith for one of them?
Ah, sorry. I think you can drop Smith for Brackett, Sims, or Miller and still get him back off the wire if need be. This week, Miller has a good matchup and it's unlikely Simmons gets back on the field. The safest year-long option of the three is clearly Brackett though.

solo's 1 pt, sacks 8pts, ff 4 pts, fr 4 pts, pd 2 points, Based on this scoring system, how would you rank Hali, Suggs, and Brandon Moore this week only?
HaliSuggsMooreBengals have been protecting the Palmer much better of late and although Suggs has some explosive stat possibilities, the matchup Hali has against the Browns (OL given up at least four sacks a game for the past month) is too good to overlook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a few questions about my LB who are banged up, both are not listed as of now on the injury report(.5 pts per tackle2 pts per sack)

Witherspoon (does the hammy affect him)

ray Lewis (heard that he was a bit gimpy after the games)

DL help

start Cole or C. Grant

Is Ad. Thomas playing tonight and is he a safe play? I have Cato June on the bench. I just noticed Ad. Thomas is quest. with an ankle and didn't practice yesterday and being a short week not sure if they will activate him? I also have Sh. Phillips who is quest as well but I think he'll be ok; looked good last week.

Could use some help at LB this week. Particuarly, whether or not to play Landon Johnson tonight. 1pt tck and ast, 5 pts, FF, FR, INT and 10 pts TD. Right now I'm thinking I should start Landon, Moore, Urlacher, and Hayes.

Michael Boley @ Washington Redskins (Sun 1:00p)

**Gerald Hayes @ St. Louis Rams (Sun 1:00p)

Abdul Hodge vs. New York Jets (Sun 1:00p)

Clint Ingram @ Miami Dolphins (Sun 4:05p)

Derrick O. Johnson @ Cleveland Browns (Sun 1:00p)

**Landon Johnson vs. Baltimore Ravens (Thu 8:00p)

Manny Lawson @ New Orleans Saints (Sun 1:00p)

Lemar Marshall vs. Atlanta Falcons (Sun 1:00p)

**Brandon Moore @ New Orleans Saints (Sun 1:00p)

Ernie Sims @ New England Patriots (Sun 1:00p)

**Brian Urlacher vs. Minnesota Vikings (Sun 1:00p)

Hi Coach,

You were nothing but money last week (33.5 pts.) so I'm back this week.

I need to start three.

Gerald Hayes

Bart Scott

Angelo Crowell

Landon Johnson

Chris Hope

Scoring: 1pt/Tackle, 1pt/Asst, 3pts/Sack, 5pts/INT, 6pts/TD.

I appreciate your time.

TeamBryan

:football:

16 team dynasty

Passes Defensed 1 point

Tackles 1 point

Assists 1 point for every 2

Sacks 1 point for every 0.50

Int 2 pts each

I have

Ellison, Keith BUF LB ®

Hodge, Abdul GBP LB ®

Bethea, Antoine IND S ®

sitting on my developmental squad.

I could replace any/all of the above with Tulloch (or Considine for that matter) at almost no cost.

Only rookies may be put on the squad. I have until game time tonight to make a call here. Once on the squad they can stay there for 2-3 years but most will be promoted next season or the following.

I am thinking Tulloch has the better short term and long term upside.

What are your thoughts?

Have a few questions about my LB who are banged up, both are not listed as of now on the injury report(.5 pts per tackle2 pts per sack)Witherspoon (does the hammy affect him)ray Lewis (heard that he was a bit gimpy after the games)DL helpstart Cole or C. Grant
Witherspoon's hamstring injury looks to be minor. He's not on the injury report and practiced with the team fully yesterday. Hopefully last week was only a minor glitch. The Ray Lewis thread has got some updates from this afternoon. He looks safe to play as well.Tough call at DL. Neither matchup is compelling one way or the other. I don't know that I put much stock in these numbers (small sample size, etc), but Cole has performed much better at home than on the road. I might base the decision on whether Will Smith is healthy enough to go. If he isn't, I might shy away from Grant, who'll see some protections rolled his way without Smith around.Otherwise, I think it's a tossup. Both are likely to do well. I'd probably go with Cole, if only because he's shown that he can put up multi-sack weeks much more often than Grant has.

Is Ad. Thomas playing tonight and is he a safe play? I have Cato June on the bench. I just noticed Ad. Thomas is quest. with an ankle and didn't practice yesterday and being a short week not sure if they will activate him? I also have Sh. Phillips who is quest as well but I think he'll be ok; looked good last week.
Thomas should be fine. He's been held out of practice at least once weekly with this injury recently and it sure didn't look like it hindered him on that fumble return last week while he was outrunning wide receivers. I'll make sure any unexpected de-activations get posted before gametime.Thomas and Phillips are both good plays, particularly if your league awards a premium for sacks. Otherwise, June isn't a bad play against VY and a resurgent Titan team. He was 9-2 against them earlier this season and with the exception of two stinkers (Torbor and McCoy) over the past two games, WLB have been good starts against them.

Could use some help at LB this week. Particuarly, whether or not to play Landon Johnson tonight. 1pt tck and ast, 5 pts, FF, FR, INT and 10 pts TD. Right now I'm thinking I should start Landon, Moore, Urlacher, and Hayes.Michael Boley @ Washington Redskins (Sun 1:00p) **Gerald Hayes @ St. Louis Rams (Sun 1:00p) Abdul Hodge vs. New York Jets (Sun 1:00p) Clint Ingram @ Miami Dolphins (Sun 4:05p) Derrick O. Johnson @ Cleveland Browns (Sun 1:00p) **Landon Johnson vs. Baltimore Ravens (Thu 8:00p) Manny Lawson @ New Orleans Saints (Sun 1:00p) Lemar Marshall vs. Atlanta Falcons (Sun 1:00p) **Brandon Moore @ New Orleans Saints (Sun 1:00p) Ernie Sims @ New England Patriots (Sun 1:00p) **Brian Urlacher vs. Minnesota Vikings (Sun 1:00p)
I've been consistently underrating Landon Johnson's statistical output all season long, which is disappointing because I really like him as a player. Still, I think it's hard to bench a healthy Derrick Johnson, particularly if you get 5pts per sack as well. The Browns OL has been giving up sacks in bunches and plenty of LBs have joined in the slaughter. And, there's a small possibility that Brian Simmons may steal some opportunity in nickel packages from Johnson. Or it could be Miller -- who knows anymore?

Hi Coach,You were nothing but money last week (33.5 pts.) so I'm back this week.I need to start three.Gerald HayesBart ScottAngelo CrowellLandon JohnsonChris HopeScoring: 1pt/Tackle, 1pt/Asst, 3pts/Sack, 5pts/INT, 6pts/TD.I appreciate your time.TeamBryan :football:
Even a blind squirrel finds a hot lady squirrel with a bunch of nuts already stored away in a primo tree. And then there's other blind squirrels like me.Matchups aren't so clear this week unfortunately other than Hayes who is a must start against the Rams. I think this is a good week to go with Crowell -- facing LT and Gates in a Tampa-2 scheme should be money. The last play is tough. Scott is hit or miss and the Bengals are a totally different team protection-wise right now and he was only 3-2 in the prior matchup. I just can't get myself to trust Johnson despite his ridiculously consistent last six weeks. Hope is the most attractive name but he may be completely neutralized in the boxscore if the Titans keep it close and use the same Cover-2 schemes against Indy they did in Week 5.I think Scott has the biggest upside here from a big play perspective. If you want a swing for the fences play if you're playing a very good team this week, he's the play. Otherwise, I put Hope back in the lineup and pray the Colts blow the Titans out early and rush the ball 35 times to bring Hope up to the LOS.

16 team dynastyPasses Defensed 1 point Tackles 1 point Assists 1 point for every 2 Sacks 1 point for every 0.50 Int 2 pts eachI have Ellison, Keith BUF LB ®Hodge, Abdul GBP LB ® Bethea, Antoine IND S ® sitting on my developmental squad.I could replace any/all of the above with Tulloch (or Considine for that matter) at almost no cost.Only rookies may be put on the squad. I have until game time tonight to make a call here. Once on the squad they can stay there for 2-3 years but most will be promoted next season or the following.I am thinking Tulloch has the better short term and long term upside.What are your thoughts?
I'm not a huge Tulloch fan but think he's got better upside than Ellison. I realize that Fletcher may leave in FA after the season, but I'm not convinced Ellison ends up in a plum role and I'm certainly not convinced that he'll have anywhere near the impact that Fletcher has had. I'd hold the other three you've mentioned.

OK...I need some help this week. This is our last regular season game and if I win, I am in the playoffs and if I lose, I'm out...probably.

DL = Peppers, B. Thomas, T. Hali

LB = A. Brooks, A. Wilson, Urlacher, Bulluck, G. Hayes

DB = S. Taylor, A. Bethea, A. Wilson

start 8 total: 2 DL/LB/DB and 2 flex

1. Should I start Hali or Thomas? I was planning on starting Thomas, but he is questionable. Hali got 2 sacks and 5 solo tackles last game.

2. I am starting Wilson, Urlacher, Bulluck and Hayes at LB. I might hold on to Brooks but am not thinking about playing him. I am thinking about picking up Jeanty and starting him over Wilson.

3. Starting Taylor over Bethea.

16 team dynastyPasses Defensed 1 point Tackles 1 point Assists 1 point for every 2 Sacks 1 point for every 0.50 Int 2 pts eachI have Ellison, Keith BUF LB ®Hodge, Abdul GBP LB ® Bethea, Antoine IND S ® sitting on my developmental squad.I could replace any/all of the above with Tulloch (or Considine for that matter) at almost no cost.Only rookies may be put on the squad. I have until game time tonight to make a call here. Once on the squad they can stay there for 2-3 years but most will be promoted next season or the following.I am thinking Tulloch has the better short term and long term upside.What are your thoughts?
I'm not a huge Tulloch fan but think he's got better upside than Ellison. I realize that Fletcher may leave in FA after the season, but I'm not convinced Ellison ends up in a plum role and I'm certainly not convinced that he'll have anywhere near the impact that Fletcher has had. I'd hold the other three you've mentioned.
Thanks Jene.I think I will make the swap of Tulloch for Ellison.My last move of the year.

OK...I need some help this week. This is our last regular season game and if I win, I am in the playoffs and if I lose, I'm out...probably.DL = Peppers, B. Thomas, T. HaliLB = A. Brooks, A. Wilson, Urlacher, Bulluck, G. HayesDB = S. Taylor, A. Bethea, A. Wilsonstart 8 total: 2 DL/LB/DB and 2 flex1. Should I start Hali or Thomas? I was planning on starting Thomas, but he is questionable. Hali got 2 sacks and 5 solo tackles last game.2. I am starting Wilson, Urlacher, Bulluck and Hayes at LB. I might hold on to Brooks but am not thinking about playing him. I am thinking about picking up Jeanty and starting him over Wilson.3. Starting Taylor over Bethea.
Nice team.I think Peppers/Hali/Bulluck/Urlacher/Hayes/AdWilson are your must starts. I think you'll have to go with Taylor over Bethea right now with Bethea dinged and Sanders on the verge of returning although that could change by week's end. Hayes matchup is just as good as Urlacher's and maybe better.Leaves Thomas vs Al Wilson for the last spot. I don't think Jeanty is a good enough option to displace either from the lineup this week although I'm not sure Brooks has any value this season without at least one injury to the Bengal LB group.Scoring system probably matters here as does the late week injury report. If you get big points for sacks and Thomas' injury is as meaningless as he suggested yesterday in the locker room, I think you consider him over Al Wilson. Otherwise, Alexander looks like he's back and Al Wilson should be a reliable bet for better than average tackle numbers from the last flex spot.

LB: With Seau gone for the year, Vrabel's value gets a significant jump. If Belichick runs a 4-3, Vrabel could have a really big week. The question is can Detroit hold the ball long enough for Vrabel to rack up tackles and sacks? I'm betting yes.... but another risky play.I wish I knew more about how T Howard is being used in the Oakland D.... it seems to be different on a weekly basis. Against KC two weeks ago he almost got a goose egg. He had 5 solos against the Chargers last week, but that was it. I'm getting somewhat leery to start him now.
I think the Pats run just as much 4-3 as they have in past weeks, which is to say it's entirely dependent on what Belichick decides he wants to take away in any given week. Vrabel's value is probably the same now in both sets anyway. I think Howard's issue is two-fold. First, he's likely feeling a little of the proverbial rookie wall. More importantly, though, is the improved play of Michael Huff and the defensive tackles. Morrison and Huff are getting to the ball more often and leaving less downfield tackle opportunities for Howard in pursuit.
Even if the Pats don't run more 4-3, Vrabel should move back inside, no? I still think his value gets a bump with Seau out. We shall see!

Even if the Pats don't run more 4-3, Vrabel should move back inside, no? I still think his value gets a bump with Seau out. We shall see!
Yep, Vrabel moves inside in the 3-4. It's probably mostly scoring system dependent, I was just thinking that the couple three more tackles at ILB vs an extra half sack at nickel pass rushing WLB as a conservative projection probably washes out in most scoring systems.

Well I rolled the dice with Ad. Thomas last night and it didn’t work and I went up against Bart Scott who rolled up AdT by 11 points. So I have 2 remaining players left to play and have 3 to choose from:

Urlacher

S. Phillips

L. Little

My scoring format:

1 pt tackle

.5 pt ### Tackle

4 pt Sacks

3 pt FF

4 pt FR

1 pt PaDef

6 pTD

So I need a good showing out of my remaining two players. I think Urlacher is a must start stud who has to be played regardless although he’s been big game quiet lately. So will Phillips be hampered with Merrimans return and will Little sack Leinart a few times?

Thanks.

Well I rolled the dice with Ad. Thomas last night and it didn’t work and I went up against Bart Scott who rolled up AdT by 11 points. So I have 2 remaining players left to play and have 3 to choose from: UrlacherS. PhillipsL. LittleMy scoring format:1 pt tackle.5 pt ### Tackle4 pt Sacks3 pt FF4 pt FR1 pt PaDef6 pTDSo I need a good showing out of my remaining two players. I think Urlacher is a must start stud who has to be played regardless although he’s been big game quiet lately. So will Phillips be hampered with Merrimans return and will Little sack Leinart a few times?Thanks.
Thomas was a good play in that scoring system and at least as good a play as Phillips. Tough luck there.I agree with starting Urlacher. It's hard to project Phillips. He's been consistent with and without Merriman in the lineup, though, so he's a safe bet to produce this week. The Bills have been vulnerable to OLB in pass rush this year -- three games against a 3-4 look and 3.5 sacks allowed. And SD is every bit as talented as NE and the NYJ are up front. If anything, teams will have to roll protection toward Merriman a bit, leaving Phillips a little better opportunity. Little is a good play, too, though. I think either will work fine. I'd probably go with Phillips -- he's been more consistent and should be a safer bet to get some tackles as a buffer.

Gittin' down to the nitty gritty! Sitting at 9-3 and in the playoffs, but seeding is now critical.

Start 4 LBs:

A Davis vs. KC - great match up against LJ carrying over 30 times his last two games

Urlacher vs. MIN - Bears home after tough 3 game road trip

June vs. TEN - went for 9 solos and 2 assists in first match up with TEN

Edwards @ BUF - how will Merriman's return impact his production? Weather forecast on Sun looks good

Daryl Smith @ MIA - defensive struggle with R Brown not playing -- not sure how this impacts D Smith

Dansby @ STL - SJax the primary pass threat and STL giving up 2, 7, and 4 sacks in last 3 games

I feel pretty confident in the top 3 listed, but am struggling to select one of the remaining 3.

(FYI, I'm starting T Davis at DB over Bethea, as he's listed as a LB/DB in Yahoo).

Thanks in advance for the feedback and cheers! :banned:

Need this game and a loss by another guy to make the playoffs. :football: Tackles 1, Assist .05, PD 1, FF 2, FR 2, sacks 3, IT 3 pts all TDs 6 ptsNeed defensive line-up help again this week guys! Thanks for the input the last couple weeks. It has helped! DL pick 2/3 - usually picking 2 DL, 3LB, 3DBV Holliday vs Jaguars - Holliday has been hot as of late and letting points sit on the bench. Sacks last 3 gamesA Brown vs Vikings - all but disappeared in the last game and Ray got some looks at DE feast or famineD Burgess vs Texans - Burgess is not burning up the place max of 5 pts in the last 4 gamesT Hali @ Browns - T Hali has been up and down but had a great weekend this last oneB Thomas @ Packers - probably a shoe-in as starterI'm leaning Hali and Thomas - am I missing a juicy match-up?pick 2/3 -K Dansby @ Rams - juicy match-up -should be my starter and great game this last weekendT Howard vs Texans - decent match-up S Merriman @Bills - terrible match-up but is he a tiger finally let out of the cage and hungry and raring to go?Ruud @ Steelers - decent match-up (assuming he starts again - getting tired of watching about QuarlesS Tulloch vs Colts - good match-up against the Colts but can he be counted on yet?M Vrabel vs Lions - not the best matchup M Washington vs Falcons - terrible match-upSo far going with Dansby and Merriman (big risk but could be huge reward) and Ruud - but again just not sure I'm not missing something. DB - pick 2/3 - as I've already figured on Rhodes!Champ vs Seahawks - really decent match-up in pts given up by DBA Bethea @ Titans - good match-up but is he hurting to badly? can't afford him leaving the game.I Taylor vs Buccaneers - bad matchup - not even consideringS Considine vs Panthers - not the best of matchups Glenn Earl @ Raiders - worst matchup for pts given up and Earl just hasn't been doing anything but averageK Rhodes @ Packers - OF COURSE HE IS STARTINGK Simpson vs Chargers - very bad on pts given up but he does come up with big playsJ Page @ Browns - only listed in case he starts would he be an option? This point I'm going Champ, Rhodes and Simpson - you helped me bench Simpson and start Bailey last week and it payed off! Maybe I should be thinking Considine instead of Simpson or risk depending on what we here about Bethea's injury??All opinions are very welcome. Like I said I have to win my game and hope someone loses theres to get to the playoffs but I go nowhere if I lose. thanks in advance!
Burgess, ThomasDansby, Howard, MerrimanRhodes, Champ, (healthy Bethea), Simpson

Need this game and a loss by another guy to make the playoffs. :football: Tackles 1, Assist .05, PD 1, FF 2, FR 2, sacks 3, IT 3 pts all TDs 6 ptsNeed defensive line-up help again this week guys! Thanks for the input the last couple weeks. It has helped! DL pick 2/3 - usually picking 2 DL, 3LB, 3DBV Holliday vs Jaguars - Holliday has been hot as of late and letting points sit on the bench. Sacks last 3 gamesA Brown vs Vikings - all but disappeared in the last game and Ray got some looks at DE feast or famineD Burgess vs Texans - Burgess is not burning up the place max of 5 pts in the last 4 gamesT Hali @ Browns - T Hali has been up and down but had a great weekend this last oneB Thomas @ Packers - probably a shoe-in as starterI'm leaning Hali and Thomas - am I missing a juicy match-up?pick 2/3 -K Dansby @ Rams - juicy match-up -should be my starter and great game this last weekendT Howard vs Texans - decent match-up S Merriman @Bills - terrible match-up but is he a tiger finally let out of the cage and hungry and raring to go?Ruud @ Steelers - decent match-up (assuming he starts again - getting tired of watching about QuarlesS Tulloch vs Colts - good match-up against the Colts but can he be counted on yet?M Vrabel vs Lions - not the best matchup M Washington vs Falcons - terrible match-upSo far going with Dansby and Merriman (big risk but could be huge reward) and Ruud - but again just not sure I'm not missing something. DB - pick 2/3 - as I've already figured on Rhodes!Champ vs Seahawks - really decent match-up in pts given up by DBA Bethea @ Titans - good match-up but is he hurting to badly? can't afford him leaving the game.I Taylor vs Buccaneers - bad matchup - not even consideringS Considine vs Panthers - not the best of matchups Glenn Earl @ Raiders - worst matchup for pts given up and Earl just hasn't been doing anything but averageK Rhodes @ Packers - OF COURSE HE IS STARTINGK Simpson vs Chargers - very bad on pts given up but he does come up with big playsJ Page @ Browns - only listed in case he starts would he be an option? This point I'm going Champ, Rhodes and Simpson - you helped me bench Simpson and start Bailey last week and it payed off! Maybe I should be thinking Considine instead of Simpson or risk depending on what we here about Bethea's injury??All opinions are very welcome. Like I said I have to win my game and hope someone loses theres to get to the playoffs but I go nowhere if I lose. thanks in advance!
Just picked up Dewayne White on waivers last night. Would you start him over Burgess or Hali or Thomas? He is ranked fairly high on the cheetsheets this week?Jene and Rovers feel free to chime in also! Thanks guys!

Gittin' down to the nitty gritty! Sitting at 9-3 and in the playoffs, but seeding is now critical.Start 4 LBs:A Davis vs. KC - great match up against LJ carrying over 30 times his last two gamesUrlacher vs. MIN - Bears home after tough 3 game road tripJune vs. TEN - went for 9 solos and 2 assists in first match up with TENEdwards @ BUF - how will Merriman's return impact his production? Weather forecast on Sun looks goodDaryl Smith @ MIA - defensive struggle with R Brown not playing -- not sure how this impacts D SmithDansby @ STL - SJax the primary pass threat and STL giving up 2, 7, and 4 sacks in last 3 gamesI feel pretty confident in the top 3 listed, but am struggling to select one of the remaining 3.(FYI, I'm starting T Davis at DB over Bethea, as he's listed as a LB/DB in Yahoo).Thanks in advance for the feedback and cheers! :banned:
I hate to react to last week's stud game, but I think I'd start Dansby. A LB has had 6 solos against the Bills only once with McGahee in the lineup (twice with AT). OTOH, LBs are scoring plenty vs STL -- mostly MLBs but I think Dansby has a solid chance at padding his stats with a sack this week. Edwards is the safe choice, but Dansby the risk-reward.

Just picked up Dewayne White on waivers last night. Would you start him over Burgess or Hali or Thomas? He is ranked fairly high on the cheetsheets this week?Jene and Rovers feel free to chime in also! Thanks guys!
I'd rank their potential this week...ThomasHaliWhiteBurgess

Have a quick question on how to setup my dbs this week -

I have Sanders, Roy Williams, Ken Hamlin, and Atogwe.

I get to start two of these guys (pts are 1 pt per UT, 2 pts per INT/SAFETY/SACK, 6 pts per TD).

While the FBG projections are high on Roy Williams this week, that guy has done nothing all year. Ken Hamlin is a no brainer START against the Broncos. Atogwe is a no brainer SIT against the Cardinals.

That leaves me with Banged-up Bob Sanders versus Roy Williams as my DB2. When Sanders has played (what 2 or 3 games?) he has been cash money. Latest word is he will play against the Titans this week and with Bethea a little banged up could be all over the field.

So I know with Williams I will get no HUGE upside (maybe he gets an INT, but not likely to rack up a ton of UTs) - with Sanders I get HUGE upside with HUGE risk (depending on how his knee holds up).

What is the call here?

I'm keeping my ear to the ground on Thomas this week. Last I saw, mangini was quoted as saying Thomas "should be able to play this Sunday". I like his matchup over Kampman, and am struggling with this line up decision myself. KGB draws Ferguson, so maybe Kampman does in fact have a good chance at a solid week, I just wonder what the Jets O game plan will look like. I'm not sure how much Pennington will pass much given the weather report. Heck, maybe I use my flex and start Thomas, Kampman and Hali , putting Vrabel on the bench, since I lost Quarles..... auuuggghhhh!

Have a quick question on how to setup my dbs this week -I have Sanders, Roy Williams, Ken Hamlin, and Atogwe.I get to start two of these guys (pts are 1 pt per UT, 2 pts per INT/SAFETY/SACK, 6 pts per TD).While the FBG projections are high on Roy Williams this week, that guy has done nothing all year. Ken Hamlin is a no brainer START against the Broncos. Atogwe is a no brainer SIT against the Cardinals.That leaves me with Banged-up Bob Sanders versus Roy Williams as my DB2. When Sanders has played (what 2 or 3 games?) he has been cash money. Latest word is he will play against the Titans this week and with Bethea a little banged up could be all over the field.So I know with Williams I will get no HUGE upside (maybe he gets an INT, but not likely to rack up a ton of UTs) - with Sanders I get HUGE upside with HUGE risk (depending on how his knee holds up).What is the call here?
I think Williams matchup has the potential to be really good but you can't trust him. If Sanders goes and Bethea is inactive, I play Sanders. He's going to play hard if he's in -- you'd not have known he had a trick knee the last game he played at all -- and if Jackson plays next to him he'll beat him to the ball in run support consistently.

I need to pick one.....

Nick Barnett - hurt but starting vs the Jets (5th in the league in ppg allowed (44.05pts) to LBs in our scoring)

Keith Brooking - vs the Skins (26th in the league in ppg allowed (35.76pts) to LBs in our scoring)

Shawne Merriman - vs the Bills (32nd in the league in ppg allowed (32.68pts) to LBs in our scoring)

Brandon Moore - vs the Saints (3rd in the league in ppg allowed (44.50pts) to LBs in our scoring)

2pt Tackle

1pt Assist

2pt Int, Sacks, ForcedF, FRecoveries,

1.5 pt for passed defensed

Thanks for your help guys.

-Vic

I need to pick one.....Nick Barnett - hurt but starting vs the Jets (5th in the league in ppg allowed (44.05pts) to LBs in our scoring)Keith Brooking - vs the Skins (26th in the league in ppg allowed (35.76pts) to LBs in our scoring)Shawne Merriman - vs the Bills (32nd in the league in ppg allowed (32.68pts) to LBs in our scoring)Brandon Moore - vs the Saints (3rd in the league in ppg allowed (44.50pts) to LBs in our scoring)2pt Tackle1pt Assist2pt Int, Sacks, ForcedF, FRecoveries, 1.5 pt for passed defensedThanks for your help guys.-Vic
Moore. Can't trust Barnett with the club to wrap up in your tackle heavy system. Merriman isn't a very good play at all in your scoring system. A 4-0-2 is the equivalent of a 6-0-0 performance in your league. Brooking is interesting back on the weak side but Moore should be a solid play against the Saints.And, yes, unless the Lions pull an unexpected presto-change-o on us, Kennedy is the play this week. He started over Bullocks the last time he returned from injury. To be safe, I'd check the local news outlets just prior to gametime. If there's a change in the expected starting lineup, they'll hopefully report it.

Zealots scoring.

LB

Andra Davis

Donnie Edwards

I'm leaning towards Edwards using the don't sit your studs rule and because KC looks juicy but hasn't been for LB's. Only concern is Merrimans return slowing Edwards down.

DB

Josh Bullocks

Yeremiah Bell

O Atogwe

Bob Sanders

Need to start 2. Leaning Bullocks & Bell. Atogwe's matchup looks poor. Bullocks vs SF looks good to me, and so does Bell vs Jacksonville....who has been running a ton and Miami doesnt have R Brown to help with ball control. If Sanders is a go at 1:00 gametime i put him in for Bullocks.

Anything to reconsider? TIA

Jene, your skeptisism on Vrabel nearly convinced me to bench him! I know, just one week.... and Crowell's injury cost me my playoff bye anyway...)(*&&^*^%!!!.

Is there any data base that differentiates when a team like NE runs a 3-4 instead of a 4-3? I'd sure love to see if Vrabel racked up this week's numbers more from one alignment vs. the other. Gamebook shows NE started in the 3-4 with Vrabel inside.

Rovers said:
Jene, your skeptisism on Vrabel nearly convinced me to bench him! I know, just one week.... and Crowell's injury cost me my playoff bye anyway...)(*&&^*^%!!!. Is there any data base that differentiates when a team like NE runs a 3-4 instead of a 4-3? I'd sure love to see if Vrabel racked up this week's numbers more from one alignment vs. the other. Gamebook shows NE started in the 3-4 with Vrabel inside.
Sorry about Crowell; that's always painful. I wasn't particularly skeptical about Vrabel. I just feel the small bump in tackle numbers would probably wash out with the fewer opportunities in pass rush. His tackle numbers weren't out of line with season norms yesterday, and Kitna aside, two picks and a FR are difficult to expect from anybody. There's no database with that data that I'm aware of. Football Outsiders tracks a decent amount of defensive data now but only insofar as it helps them value QB/WR, i.e. tracking CB coverage stats, blitz frequency, and defensive line play. I doubt they record percentage of plays in a given front or coverage package.With the stats Vrabel, Warren :shock: , Colvin, Banta-Cain, and Green put up, it appears that they were in a 3-4 the bulk of the time. Local news reports aren't reporting anything one way or the other and they usually make a point of noting whether Belichick varied his fronts more than usual.

Any thoughts or insight regarding SF safety Keith Lewis? He has put up monster numbers the past 3 to 4 weeks. In looking to upgrade over Oakland's Schweigert I came accross him, and his numbers for weeks 10 -13 are quite impressive (21-3, 1 sack, 1 int, 1 fr and 2 pd's...and no td's), enough to make him #1 in our league over that period.

Scoring in this league is tackles 2-1, sacks 4, t/o 3, pd 1...but his numbers would warrant ownership in a lot of formats.

TIA, JAM

Appreciate anyone's thoughts on this:

Scoring:

1 pt per tackle (1 point bonus for 5 tackles)

1 pt per assisted tackle

1 pt per tackle for loss

3 pts per sack

6 pts per TD

Must choose 3 LB's out of this bunch:

Demeco Ryans

Julian Peterson

Kawika Mitchell

Mike Vrabel

Ian Gold

Thomas Howard

Any thoughts or insight regarding SF safety Keith Lewis? He has put up monster numbers the past 3 to 4 weeks. In looking to upgrade over Oakland's Schweigert I came accross him, and his numbers for weeks 10 -13 are quite impressive (21-3, 1 sack, 1 int, 1 fr and 2 pd's...and no td's), enough to make him #1 in our league over that period.Scoring in this league is tackles 2-1, sacks 4, t/o 3, pd 1...but his numbers would warrant ownership in a lot of formats. TIA, JAM
He took over as a starter last month. Michael Adams rotates in on nickel and dime packages only. Lewis has proven to be a better tackler than anybody else in the safety rotation and has looked very solid in coverage too.If he's available, he's definitely worth owning. And it's hard not to start him at this point even though his playoff matchups may not be the greatest (GB, SEA, ARI).

massraider said:
Appreciate anyone's thoughts on this:Scoring: 1 pt per tackle (1 point bonus for 5 tackles)1 pt per assisted tackle1 pt per tackle for loss3 pts per sack6 pts per TDMust choose 3 LB's out of this bunch:Demeco RyansJulian PetersonKawika MitchellMike VrabelIan GoldThomas Howard
Ryans is a clear starter. The other five are close. Peterson's tackle numbers have been poor lately and I don't want to have rely on a big play to make up the difference. Kawika Mitchell has a good matchup but much of his current value is dependent on whether Derrick Johnson plays. Vrabel isn't as good a play against the Dolphins without Ronnie Brown, but still a consistent option. Gold has a good matchup but has done nothing with it historically (max 3 solo tackles in last three matchups against SD). He could be a better play if Wilson can't return. Howard is tricky, but his matchup could be good. I'm trying not to let myself become swayed by his last game.I think I'd play Ryans, Mitchell, and Vrabel today.But watch for signs that Derrick Johnson returns or Al Wilson sits. That would shift the value of Mitchell and Gold enough to consider shuffling the lineup after Ryans. Sorry to be so non-committal. But the matchups are close and some injury issues won't be resolved until later in the week.

Coach..... Kelly again

Thinking of playing J Peterson @ Ari over Crowder vs NE and Dansby vs SEA...

Also; M Williams vs Oak or Atogwe vs Chi on MNF

1.5 solo, .5 assist, 3 sack, 4 INT, 2 ff, 2 fr, 3 blk, 3 safety..

Thanks again

Coach..... Kelly againThinking of playing J Peterson @ Ari over Crowder vs NE and Dansby vs SEA... Also; M Williams vs Oak or Atogwe vs Chi on MNF 1.5 solo, .5 assist, 3 sack, 4 INT, 2 ff, 2 fr, 3 blk, 3 safety..Thanks again
Both ARI and SEA have been prone to allowing sacks to LBs. Dansby's been inconsistent, but Peterson has dropped off the map over the past month and the improvement in Seattle's offense may not help his tackle numbers. The Cardinals are likely to be in their nickel defense most of the day given the Seahawks frequent use of multiple WR sets, which is where Dansby thrives in the tackle/rush columns. Close, but I lean slightly to Dansby this week.Atogwe is a better play than Williams this week. The Raiders have been a terrible tackle matchup for safeties and a healthy Dexter Jackson has been stealing some blitzes (run and pass) from Williams. Before last week, the opposing team's best safety had totaled six solo tackles or better for seven consecutive weeks against the Bears.

with kevin williams in a big slump im looking to pick up a sleeper DT or DE this week

any players come to mind jene?

sack 3.5

tackle 2

asst tackle 1

ffumble 2

fumble recovery 4

int 4

to give you an idea of whats available:

wsapp

ekuban

fred robbins

mike patterson

jamal williams

bryant young

thanks!

Hey, I don't normally ask for help but this one's been bugging me all week. A win allows me to clinch the #1 seed and a bye (and right now the "easier" path to the championship) while a loss nets me the #2 seed, a bye, and the "harder" path to the championship.

Solo: 1.50, Assist: 0.75, Sack: 3, INT: 4, FF: 3, FR: 3, TD: 6, and PD: 2

I have 4 DL (LB or DL apply) spots with 3 decided: Keith Brooking, Donnie Edwards, and Gerald Hayes.

Now comes the hard part...

Landon Johnson has struggled in terms of solos the past 2 games so I'm mainly staying away from him as my #4.

Kirk Morrison has been fairly consistent the last 4 games and seems like a good play against Cincinnati.

Ernie Sims despite a poor Week 10 and 11 has stormed back with 2 big games against Miami and New England. He's facing Minnesota this week.

Between Sims and Morrison, who should I start? Right now I have Sims starting but have been second guessing myself all week.

I've had so many injuries to my DL I'm actually having to pick one up. Shaun Ellis is out there and has been pretty production 4 of the last 5 starts (18, 28, 4, 28, 21). Think he can keep this up and finally be startable the rest of the way?

3.5 pt per tackle average

1 pt per assist

10 pts per big play

2 pts per PD

with kevin williams in a big slump im looking to pick up a sleeper DT or DE this weekany players come to mind jene?sack 3.5tackle 2asst tackle 1ffumble 2fumble recovery 4int 4to give you an idea of whats available:wsappekubanfred robbinsmike pattersonjamal williamsbryant youngthanks!
Doubt Dewayne White's still available given the list you provided but he's a reasonable option. Otherwise, Ekuban is probably the best bet. He's been on a roll and has a legitimate shot at some tackles against LT this week. The Lions OL is terrible, though, and Kevin Williams might end up being the better play this week anyway as Detroit has given up sacks in bunches recently, with a number of 3-4 lineman and interior 4-3 guy getting a piece of the action. BY and the other DTs you've mentioned have many of the same issues that Williams has.I'd probably plug Ekuban in with the tackle heavy system but wouldn't be shocked if Williams breaks out of his funk this week.

Hey, I don't normally ask for help but this one's been bugging me all week. A win allows me to clinch the #1 seed and a bye (and right now the "easier" path to the championship) while a loss nets me the #2 seed, a bye, and the "harder" path to the championship.Solo: 1.50, Assist: 0.75, Sack: 3, INT: 4, FF: 3, FR: 3, TD: 6, and PD: 2I have 4 DL (LB or DL apply) spots with 3 decided: Keith Brooking, Donnie Edwards, and Gerald Hayes.Now comes the hard part...Landon Johnson has struggled in terms of solos the past 2 games so I'm mainly staying away from him as my #4.Kirk Morrison has been fairly consistent the last 4 games and seems like a good play against Cincinnati.Ernie Sims despite a poor Week 10 and 11 has stormed back with 2 big games against Miami and New England. He's facing Minnesota this week.Between Sims and Morrison, who should I start? Right now I have Sims starting but have been second guessing myself all week.
Feeling your pain here. I think I'd stick with Sims. The lack of solid DT play and any decent MLB give Sims a good chance at tackles whether Chester Taylor is effective or not. He did fine against a similar matchup vs Miami. Morrison should be a good play as well, but I think I shoot for a huge day from Sims.

Users who are viewing this thread