What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (9 Viewers)

GSP thought the fight was over after the 4th?
seriously. and i wander if Diaz pulls a Paul Daley after the fight, simply because he wants to
I think we will see a Diaz retirement.
:hifive:
Fight week is just too much of a spectacle for the main card guys, especially for a guy like Diaz that doesn't like pandering to the media. If it's not for a title I just don't see a high enough profile fight for him that is worth it for him and the brand with his "crap" they will have to put up with leading up to anything they book.Then there is always a chance for the failed drug test, he didn't sound too confident that he would pass the post-fight test. He may have planned on doing it on purpose for a way out. I didn't see him interested in defending the title either, he just wanted GSP.

UFC noob, my thoughts:

Hendricks won that fight. He looks like a wrecking ball. Condit was very impressive as well. I know nothing about either fighter.

GSP was surgeon like. Everyone likes KO's, but he dominated in all facets. Looked hurt only once in the 2nd or 3rd round when trading blows. Diaz's gameplan was awful. He also appeared to be on drugs in the post fight interview.

Good purchase, thanks for the input.

Diaz ... also appeared to be on drugs in the post fight interview.
I don't think I'm exaggerating much (any?) when I say that's the most coherent interview he's done in recent memory.
He's really that stupid?
He's not a smart man. couple that with what's probably some flavor of an anxiety disorder, and a decent dose of paranoia, and he's a pothead. You can do the math. Love both the Diaz brothers and always will, but not even their fans (the subset who are literate) will try to sell you on their brainpower.

Yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diaz ... also appeared to be on drugs in the post fight interview.
I don't think I'm exaggerating much (any?) when I say that's the most coherent interview he's done in recent memory.
He's really that stupid?
He's not a smart man. couple that with what's probably some flavor of an anxiety disorder, and a decent dose of paranoia, and he's a pothead. You can do the math. Love both the Diaz brothers and always will, but not even their fans (the subset who are literate) will try to sell you on their brainpower.

Yeah.

Gotcha. All this adds up, but I cringed listening to him in the interview. Looked like the posterboy for ADD. :shrug:

Gimme Hendricks +
Vs Hendricks, I'm pretty confident that GSP controls distance way better than Condit was able to. Condit lacks enough punching power to make Hendricks fearful of just lunging in winging his left. GSP probably keeps him at range and jabs at him until Hendricks charges with a left hook. After GSP times it, I'd expect him to take Hendricks down as he comes in. Hendricks' power gives him a shot clearly, but I'd take GSP comfortably at -250.

Gimme Hendricks +
Vs Hendricks, I'm pretty confident that GSP controls distance way better than Condit was able to. Condit lacks enough punching power to make Hendricks fearful of just lunging in winging his left. GSP probably keeps him at range and jabs at him until Hendricks charges with a left hook. After GSP times it, I'd expect him to take Hendricks down as he comes in. Hendricks' power gives him a shot clearly, but I'd take GSP comfortably at -250.
Once again, UFC noob here. Hendricks has power, can take a punch, and is a really good wrestler. Those takedowns were textbook. GSP just looks flawless, and surgeon like in the ring. Hendricks chance to win is to stay on his feet and connect to even have a chance. GSP's riding offense is very impressive.Am I off base here? Quickly becoming a big fan of this... :popcorn:

Gimme Hendricks +
Once again, UFC noob here. Hendricks has power, can take a punch, and is a really good wrestler. Those takedowns were textbook. GSP just looks flawless, and surgeon like in the ring. Hendricks chance to win is to stay on his feet and connect to even have a chance. GSP's riding offense is very impressive.Am I off base here? Quickly becoming a big fan of this... :popcorn:

Gimme Hendricks +
:no: George will eat Hendricks alive.
GSP's last 3 fights have all indicated that he is on the decline. He was looking at the clock in the 3rd tonight, I've never seen that from him before.
At 31? His last two fights were probably against 2 of the best fighters he's faced in a very long time. That division was pretty weak for a long time. Its really made a remarkable resurgence.

Gimme Hendricks +
GSP's last 3 fights have all indicated that he is on the decline. He was looking at the clock in the 3rd tonight, I've never seen that from him before.
You're reading way too much into it. GSP looked phenomenal today and against Condit. Using the clock thing is some sort of poker "tell" that he's wilting is silly.Phenomenal performance from GSP. Diaz couldn't get anything going.Shocked to hear everyone agreeing with the Hendricks decision. Feels like I watched an entirely different fight, because I saw Condit being superior in the striking exchanges and doing more from the bottom than Hendricks on top when it went to the ground. Taking the opponent down and doing next to nothing with it doesn't score highly for me, and if it does for the judges, then the scoring criteria is clearly ridiculous. I watched it with the volume on low, so I don't know if Rogan was in full "this is the best Hendricks we've ever seen" mode, but I didn't have a doubt in my mind that Condit was superior. I'll watch it again later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gimme Hendricks +
You're reading way too much into it. GSP looked phenomenal today and against Condit. Using the clock thing is some sort of poker "tell" that he's wilting is silly.Phenomenal performance from GSP. Diaz couldn't get anything going.Shocked to hear everyone agreeing with the Hendricks decision. Feels like I watched an entirely different fight, because I saw Condit being superior in the striking exchanges and doing more from the bottom than Hendricks on top when it went to the ground. Taking the opponent down and doing next to nothing with it doesn't score highly for me, and if it does for the judges, then the scoring criteria is clearly ridiculous. I watched it with the volume on low, so I don't know if Rogan was in full "this is the best Hendricks we've ever seen" mode, but I didn't have a doubt in my mind that Condit was superior. I'll watch it again later.
:goodposting: i have to rewatch Condit-Hendricks again, but i completely agree

Gimme Hendricks +
That is pretty much spot on.

GSP is now on a UFC-record 150 consecutive minutes run without a finish. Oof.

And I give Hendricks a decent chance of taking the title. GSP can't take a punch like Condit can. If one of those lefts connect, St. Pierre will hit the mat and Hendricks will finish him.

i'd like to see Condit take over for Florian when he retires. Guy articulates well and breaks fights down very well

Didn't buy. Was out so had it recorded and was going to watch today but couldn't resist looking at the results while I was out. :bag:

Gimme Hendricks +
You're reading way too much into it. GSP looked phenomenal today and against Condit. Using the clock thing is some sort of poker "tell" that he's wilting is silly.Phenomenal performance from GSP. Diaz couldn't get anything going.

Shocked to hear everyone agreeing with the Hendricks decision. Feels like I watched an entirely different fight, because I saw Condit being superior in the striking exchanges and doing more from the bottom than Hendricks on top when it went to the ground. Taking the opponent down and doing next to nothing with it doesn't score highly for me, and if it does for the judges, then the scoring criteria is clearly ridiculous. I watched it with the volume on low, so I don't know if Rogan was in full "this is the best Hendricks we've ever seen" mode, but I didn't have a doubt in my mind that Condit was superior. I'll watch it again later.
I feel the same way. If you take a guy down and spend the entire time defending, then you aren't really in a dominant position. Same reason I thought Pettis beat Guida.

Users who are viewing this thread