What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (6 Viewers)

McGregor looks like a potential beast at 145. I'm really excited by LaFlare, I think people will be stunned by how good he looks. I'm a big Garza fan and think he should be able to close the deal late or win rounds 2 & 3 to take a decision.

Kuiper used Jared Hammen as a punching bag last time out when Jared's corner should have stopped the fight when it was obvious he was fighting on a wrecked knee. His striking looked good and everything else looked like crap in his debut fight against Natal. I'm a fan of Kuiper's striking, he has had time to work on his cardio with 2 trips to the cage, and he has a strong judo base to counteract Lawlor's wrestling. Lawr is just constantly overrated and doesn't have too many fights left with this organization. Its a guy on his way up as a dog against a guy on his way down. The wolf tickets thing at the weigh in was fantastic though. Huge fan of Lawler weigh ins.

On Yousef, Abedi has been a total bust of a prospect so far in the UFC. He looked downright scared in his last fight against James Head and he hasn't made it out of a round yet without getting submitted at this level. Yousef arguably won the first round against Thoreson in his debut as a 2 to 1 dog. Abedi has shown zero for cardio and I watched a lot of tape on him before his UFC debut wanting to take him as a big dog against Thiago Alves, but I just couldn't endorse a play from what I've seen. He looks like a beast, but he's not.

I like Ryan Couture at +335 as well, he is a very smart fighter and at those odds its worth seeing if he can find another way to win.

Mousasi is such an incredibly talented fighter, but the guy is so hard to read. He comes in not cutting weight, slouched shoulders, nonchalant attitude. I have no idea if he actually trains for fights or if has an actual camp or what. His cardio is a question mark. I have never heard of another active fighter even working with him. He goes from being a big dog to a monumental favorite. He is very, very, very skilled, but where is his head at?

And his place got broken in to a few weeks ago and someone stole all his ####, that would disrupt a few days of my training. He was training for a 6'5" striker, but now instead gets a 230 lb 5'8" Greco Roman wrestler? He should be able to light him up, but if not, he is going to look really really bad. Ask King Mo what a loss like this does for a career.

Last edited by a moderator:
McGregor looks like a potential beast at 145. I'm really excited by LaFlare, I think people will be stunned by how good he looks. I'm a big Garza fan and think he should be able to close the deal late or win rounds 2 & 3 to take a decision.

Kuiper used Jared Hammen as a punching bag last time out when Jared's corner should have stopped the fight when it was obvious he was fighting on a wrecked knee. His striking looked good and everything else looked like crap in his debut fight against Natal. I'm a fan of Kuiper's striking, he has had time to work on his cardio with 2 trips to the cage, and he has a strong judo base to counteract Lawlor's wrestling. Lawr is just constantly overrated and doesn't have too many fights left with this organization. Its a guy on his way up as a dog against a guy on his way down. The wolf tickets thing at the weigh in was fantastic though. Huge fan of Lawler weigh ins.

On Yousef, Abedi has been a total bust of a prospect so far in the UFC. He looked downright scared in his last fight against James Head and he hasn't made it out of a round yet without getting submitted at this level. Yousef arguably won the first round against Thoreson in his debut as a 2 to 1 dog. Abedi has shown zero for cardio and I watched a lot of tape on him before his UFC debut wanting to take him as a big dog against Thiago Alves, but I just couldn't endorse a play from what I've seen. He looks like a beast, but he's not.

I like Ryan Couture at +335 as well, he is a very smart fighter and at those odds its worth seeing if he can find another way to win.
Yeah, i just have to remind myself of some of these guys and who they are. I vaguely remember that Kuiper-Hammen fight now that you mention it, and have to just remember who is who with some of these cards overseas. I do agree Abedi hasn't looked good so far, and I had some money on him againt Alves in that fight. But I have to think the UFC, particulary Joe Silva, sees something in the guy to keep giving him a chance and putting him in there. For me, I just can't remember Yousef for the life of me. I see he fought Thoresen, and for some reason i think i had money on him for that fight. I guess I am gettig old and my memory is failing me. Maybe it is some of these guys only fight once a year and I just can't keep up with all of them.

And funny you mention Couture, I thought the surest thing on the card was Ross Pearson. of course I also thought Rashad was the surest thing againt Lil Nog and Etim was on that last European card too

Yeah, i just have to remind myself of some of these guys and who they are. I vaguely remember that Kuiper-Hammen fight now that you mention it, and have to just remember who is who with some of these cards overseas. I do agree Abedi hasn't looked good so far, and I had some money on him againt Alves in that fight. But I have to think the UFC, particulary Joe Silva, sees something in the guy to keep giving him a chance and putting him in there. For me, I just can't remember Yousef for the life of me. I see he fought Thoresen, and for some reason i think i had money on him for that fight. I guess I am gettig old and my memory is failing me. Maybe it is some of these guys only fight once a year and I just can't keep up with all of them.

And funny you mention Couture, I thought the surest thing on the card was Ross Pearson. of course I also thought Rashad was the surest thing againt Lil Nog and Etim was on that last European card too
I think Pearson wins that fight 2 out 3 times, but Ryan's dad always found a way to win fights like these and Ryan has a history of coming through as a dog. I really like Pearson at 155.

Mousasi is such an incredibly talented fighter, but the guy is so hard to read. He comes in not cutting weight, slouched shoulders, nonchalant attitude. I have no idea if he actually trains for fights or if has an actual camp or what. His cardio is a question mark. I have never heard of another active fighter even working with him. He goes from being a big dog to a monumental favorite. He is very, very, very skilled, but where is his head at?

And his place got broken in to a few weeks ago and someone stole all his ####, that would disrupt a few days of my training. He was training for a 6'5" striker, but now instead gets a 230 lb 5'8" Greco Roman wrestler? He should be able to light him up, but if not, he is going to look really really bad. Ask King Mo what a loss like this does for a career.
I think the King Mo thing is different. The guy was given the keys to Bellator, especially with the Alvarex situation, and he thought Newton was a chance to show some brovado. I would liken it more to Jardine-Houston Alexander with King Mo.

For me, i just think +800 is absoultely outrageous, same with having Moussasi over -1000. There are very few fighters i would think would even warrant a number near there, and Moussasi isn't one of them. I'm a Gegard fan, but his fight against Jardine is a good example of why he shouldn't be near where he is line wise. I remember i had money on Jardine on that one too. I like hearing how Latifi has trained for awhile with Goustafasson and he trained with Rashad Evans for a few months. And I defer to Joe Silva with this one too, putting Latifi in this fight shows that the UFC has some faith in him, a +800 is just hard to pass up in this scenario

I think Pearson wins that fight 2 out 3 times, but Ryan's dad always found a way to win fights like these and Ryan has a history of coming through as a dog. I really like Pearson at 155.
I was impressed with Courture against Noons, i thought Noons should have wiped the floor with him. but i just think Pearson has the advantage everywhere against him, and unless he is overlooking Ryan (which is possible), he should cruise to a victory. But i do also agree with you that you can guarnatee Couture will come in shape and will have game planned well for this fight, so the line is probably discounting him too much

I think I like Spang as well at +164. Amagov looked frail at the weigh ins and his chin has been suspect before. An ITD prop would be an even better idea.

I think the King Mo thing is different. The guy was given the keys to Bellator, especially with the Alvarex situation, and he thought Newton was a chance to show some brovado. I would liken it more to Jardine-Houston Alexander with King Mo.

For me, i just think +800 is absoultely outrageous, same with having Moussasi over -1000. There are very few fighters i would think would even warrant a number near there, and Moussasi isn't one of them. I'm a Gegard fan, but his fight against Jardine is a good example of why he shouldn't be near where he is line wise. I remember i had money on Jardine on that one too. I like hearing how Latifi has trained for awhile with Goustafasson and he trained with Rashad Evans for a few months. And I defer to Joe Silva with this one too, putting Latifi in this fight shows that the UFC has some faith in him, a +800 is just hard to pass up in this scenario
For the record, Mousasi only went to a draw with Jardine because of the point deduction. It's not like he didn't beat his ###.

Good stuff as always. Any thoughts on the Mitrione DeFries matchup? Should he be that big of a favorite?

Jumping on the Peralta, McGregor, Kuiper, Latifi and LaFlare bandwagons. I also have Adebi, Madadi and Pickett. I'll rock a Pearson/Brandao parlay or something of that ilk to get Pearson working. Probably find a way to work Tor in also.

Good stuff as always. Any thoughts on the Mitrione DeFries matchup? Should he be that big of a favorite?

Jumping on the Peralta, McGregor, Kuiper, Latifi and LaFlare bandwagons. I also have Adebi, Madadi and Pickett. I'll rock a Pearson/Brandao parlay or something of that ilk to get Pearson working. Probably find a way to work Tor in also.
i think so, just because DeFries sucks. Mitrione really should win this one, but i haven't heard a ton about him and i am not sure he is fully committed as he was. I am guessing he is, and the reason he turned down some recent fights is because he knows he needs to win this fight.

i think so, just because DeFries sucks. Mitrione really should win this one, but i haven't heard a ton about him and i am not sure he is fully committed as he was. I am guessing he is, and the reason he turned down some recent fights is because he knows he needs to win this fight.
He has every reason to win, but as a Blackzilian, his camp has been nothing but let downs. DeFries does suck on the feet but he could submit him if the fight hits the ground. Not worth touching either way imo.

I think Johnson trounces Madadi, but that whole Blackzillian thing is again holding me back from any kind of recommendation.

Tor looks awfully promising as well.

He has every reason to win, but as a Blackzilian, his camp has been nothing but let downs. DeFries does suck on the feet but he could submit him if the fight hits the ground. Not worth touching either way imo.

I think Johnson trounces Madadi, but that whole Blackzillian thing is again holding me back from any kind of recommendation.

I heard the blackzillians got a new head coach, not sure if that will make a difference down there or not. Anthony johnson looked alright the other night, and I have been a Johnson fan since the start and i think he is legit.

I heard the blackzillians got a new head coach, not sure if that will make a difference down there or not. Anthony johnson looked alright the other night, and I have been a Johnson fan since the start and i think he is legit.
I know you have always liked him considerably more than me, mo. I have came around to his potential. Blackzilians added Pedro Diaz (one of Cotto's coaches) as head boxing coach and Olympic wrestler, Kenny Monday as their wrestling coach like today or yesterday.

Their head BJJ coach Mario Sperry left about a month ago, they don't have a formal "head" coach as far as I know. With these new coaches coming in such a short time ago they might be even more of a cluster #### than usual.

I know you have always liked him considerably more than me, mo. I have came around to his potential. Blackzilians added Pedro Diaz (one of Cotto's coaches) as head boxing coach and Olympic wrestler, Kenny Monday as their wrestling coach like today or yesterday.

Their head BJJ coach Mario Sperry left about a month ago, they don't have a formal "head" coach as far as I know. With these new coaches coming in such a short time ago they might be even more of a cluster #### than usual.
Yeah, that is a good point too. I am surprised we haven't heard about too many guys leaving. I know Gullard left a bit ago, which was definitely a good call for him, but i thought we would see more leave. I read a good article the other day with Rob Drysdale about Xtreme Couture, and how it has become a pretty sub-par gym. i do wonder if more and more will have their ups and downs. i really like Duke Roufus' gym and the guys coming from there

One thing Tom Lawlor is good for is entertainment. pretty funny choice for the weigh-ins (it is around 11:20 mark):

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/4/5/4185594/ufc-on-fuel-9-weigh-in-video-coverage

Some of these Euorpean guys get a little uppity. Could have some guys coming out guns blazing making for some quick fights. I usually stay away from o/u rds because i am not good at them, but i may fo under with Michael Johnson's fight and Gunner-Brimage fight

Big on LaFlare today. Call it homerism as he's a friend, but I promise you that few people work harder than he in the sport. Surrounded by a great team including Dennis Bermudez at his own gym, training partners also include other local LI fighters Weidman, Villante, Philipou etc. Has been waiting to make his Zuffa debut for quite a few years and I think he makes a big splash today.

McGregor looks like a potential beast at 145. I'm really excited by LaFlare, I think people will be stunned by how good he looks. I'm a big Garza fan and think he should be able to close the deal late or win rounds 2 & 3 to take a decision. Kuiper used Jared Hammen as a punching bag last time out when Jared's corner should have stopped the fight when it was obvious he was fighting on a wrecked knee. His striking looked good and everything else looked like crap in his debut fight against Natal. I'm a fan of Kuiper's striking, he has had time to work on his cardio with 2 trips to the cage, and he has a strong judo base to counteract Lawlor's wrestling. Lawr is just constantly overrated and doesn't have too many fights left with this organization. Its a guy on his way up as a dog against a guy on his way down. The wolf tickets thing at the weigh in was fantastic though. Huge fan of Lawler weigh ins. On Yousef, Abedi has been a total bust of a prospect so far in the UFC. He looked downright scared in his last fight against James Head and he hasn't made it out of a round yet without getting submitted at this level. Yousef arguably won the first round against Thoreson in his debut as a 2 to 1 dog. Abedi has shown zero for cardio and I watched a lot of tape on him before his UFC debut wanting to take him as a big dog against Thiago Alves, but I just couldn't endorse a play from what I've seen. He looks like a beast, but he's not. I like Ryan Couture at +335 as well, he is a very smart fighter and at those odds its worth seeing if he can find another way to win.
Yeah, i just have to remind myself of some of these guys and who they are. I vaguely remember that Kuiper-Hammen fight now that you mention it, and have to just remember who is who with some of these cards overseas. I do agree Abedi hasn't looked good so far, and I had some money on him againt Alves in that fight. But I have to think the UFC, particulary Joe Silva, sees something in the guy to keep giving him a chance and putting him in there. For me, I just can't remember Yousef for the life of me. I see he fought Thoresen, and for some reason i think i had money on him for that fight. I guess I am gettig old and my memory is failing me. Maybe it is some of these guys only fight once a year and I just can't keep up with all of them. And funny you mention Couture, I thought the surest thing on the card was Ross Pearson. of course I also thought Rashad was the surest thing againt Lil Nog and Etim was on that last European card too
I was impressed with Courture against Noons, i thought Noons should have wiped the floor with him. but i just think Pearson has the advantage everywhere against him, and unless he is overlooking Ryan (which is possible), he should cruise to a victory. But i do also agree with you that you can guarnatee Couture will come in shape and will have game planned well for this fight, so the line is probably discounting him too much
I'm with you on Pearson - think he's quite a bit quicker and more skilled than mini-Couture. I'd have a hard time betting against Ross in this one.

Big on LaFlare today. Call it homerism as he's a friend, but I promise you that few people work harder than he in the sport. Surrounded by a great team including Dennis Bermudez at his own gym, training partners also include other local LI fighters Weidman, Villante, Philipou etc. Has been waiting to make his Zuffa debut for quite a few years and I think he makes a big splash today.
Nice. I was very impressed by him. Loved his aggression and excellent positional jiu-jitsu.

Mousasi is such an incredibly talented fighter, but the guy is so hard to read. He comes in not cutting weight, slouched shoulders, nonchalant attitude. I have no idea if he actually trains for fights or if has an actual camp or what. His cardio is a question mark. I have never heard of another active fighter even working with him. He goes from being a big dog to a monumental favorite. He is very, very, very skilled, but where is his head at? And his place got broken in to a few weeks ago and someone stole all his ####, that would disrupt a few days of my training. He was training for a 6'5" striker, but now instead gets a 230 lb 5'8" Greco Roman wrestler? He should be able to light him up, but if not, he is going to look really really bad. Ask King Mo what a loss like this does for a career.
I think the King Mo thing is different. The guy was given the keys to Bellator, especially with the Alvarex situation, and he thought Newton was a chance to show some brovado. I would liken it more to Jardine-Houston Alexander with King Mo. For me, i just think +800 is absoultely outrageous, same with having Moussasi over -1000. There are very few fighters i would think would even warrant a number near there, and Moussasi isn't one of them. I'm a Gegard fan, but his fight against Jardine is a good example of why he shouldn't be near where he is line wise. I remember i had money on Jardine on that one too. I like hearing how Latifi has trained for awhile with Goustafasson and he trained with Rashad Evans for a few months. And I defer to Joe Silva with this one too, putting Latifi in this fight shows that the UFC has some faith in him, a +800 is just hard to pass up in this scenario
For the record, Mousasi only went to a draw with Jardine because of the point deduction. It's not like he didn't beat his ###.
good point. Mousasi ought to win this going away - only thing that would worry me about him is that he usually gives a weak effort stopping takedowns. If this guy can shoot on him successfully, he could possibly make it close if it goes to decision.

Nice. I was very impressed by him. Loved his aggression and excellent positional jiu-jitsu.
:goodposting:nice call, hoots (on this one and McGregor, too)

You have cool friends.

I was really impressed by all the tape I've seen on him. He got some valuable cage time today. He has shown constant improvement and fights smart. I'm a big fan.

Michael Johnson is still absolutely awful on bottom.
That was so embarrassing. Blackzillians might want to look into adding one of those BJJ coaches again, I heard that stuff comes in handy in MMA.

No way could I have confidence in anyone from that camp right now, and its not that I have anything against the actual fighters.

you have any thoughts on Uriah Hill, i thought he traveled around that NY circuit with some of those guys

so i was going to take Akira today because he was near +300, but all the love for Peralta scared me off because i wasn't that familiar with him. akira has always seemed stubborn and willing to throw down whenever needed

so i was going to take Akira today because he was near +300, but all the love for Peralta scared me off because i wasn't that familiar with him. akira has always seemed stubborn and willing to throw down whenever needed
I've given Akira 0% credit as a UFC fighter. Peralta has been one of my favorite prospects. I feel like I've seen it all now.

Totally forgot this was going down in the afternoon. I have it 29-28 for Corassani, but the first round was fairly even.

30-27 Corassani? He did land a couple of big shots in the second round, but I don't see how it could be scored for him.

Props to Akira for a fantastic post fight interview. He showed a 10 fold improvement and Peralta showed a 10 fold decline.

i liked the GSP-Diaz advertisements, especially the one's with the "house of the Rising Sun", but man, do i REALLY hate these Sonnen-Jones advertisements with that horrendous version of We Will Rock You

You have to feel really stupid standing there when they announce a decision and you lost a fight you didn't take any damage in.

this Goldey-K-Flo combo is terrible. They are both such nut-huggers talking about how great everybody is. You don't think you should mention once thart his hands were at his waste the whole fight? Yeah, it didn't burn him here, but it will

McGregor is awesome. Fantastic footwork. Doesn't even flinch when he takes damage. Add in the front kicks to the face and its hard not to love him.

this Goldey-K-Flo combo is terrible. They are both such nut-huggers talking about how great everybody is. You don't think you should mention once thart his hands were at his waste the whole fight? Yeah, it didn't burn him here, but it will
K-Flo's one sided bias in whoever he picks to win pre-fight might be the most obnoxious thing in MMA right now.

Rogan is guilty a lot, but this is way, way worst.

And does Goldy just have a list of adjectives in front of him, or what is the deal?

What the hell is with Florian's hair? I hate feeling like i bash him all the time, but what the hell is that boy band thing he has going. Just adds to this Goldy-K-Flo nightmare, just need Goldberg to go back to the bleach frosting (or whatever the hell that was called), and i think the UFC could win an award for biggest d-bag announcers

K-Flo's one sided bias in whoever he picks to win pre-fight might be the most obnoxious thing in MMA right now.

And does Goldy just have a list of adjectives in front of him, or what is the deal?
yeah, it's painful. Luckily still painful like a :lmao: kind of painful, but both these guys together is tough

What the hell is with Florian's hair? I hate feeling like i bash him all the time, but what the hell is that boy band thing he has going. Just adds to this Goldy-K-Flo nightmare, just need Goldberg to go back to the bleach frosting (or whatever the hell that was called), and i think the UFC could win an award for biggest d-bag announcers
Is Florian filming Ace Ventura 3?

yeah, it's painful. Luckily still painful like a :lmao: kind of painful, but both these guys together is tough
At least I can tell them apart. With K-Flo and Anik I have no idea who is talking most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread