What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (9 Viewers)

I'm completely baffled with the Bubba McDaniels infatuation by the UFC. He got a ton of airtime on the show, which was fine. He articulated himself well and was supposedly one of the more experienced guys there. But IMO he showed very little as a fighter despite having trained at Jackson's camp. He lost not once, but twice as he was brought back to fight as the wildcard. Despite the second chance, he #####ed and moaned continually about getting matched up to fight Hall and then predictably was destroyed in about 15 seconds (he seemed to concede as soon as the fight was announced). Now I see he's actually on the main card tomorrow night? What? Yuck. I feel badly for guys such as Bubba that clearly think that fighting is their only way to providing for their family and because of that I hate myself for saying this, but I hope he gets stomped again.
Agree
Bubba was annoying as hell on that show, but you could tell time in the house just totally f'd with his head. He psyched himself out horribly with his fight against Uriah. But that being said, I don't know what Gilbert Smith can do to win this fight. I guarantee Greg Jackson and company will have Bubba ready to win this one, and i jsut can't see him screwing this one up.

That being said, I don't have a ton of love gambling wise for this card. I remember a year or 2 ago when they would have some whacky lines coming out for the TUF finales, and you could make some good cash taking a lot of underdogs. Not like thatn anymore, unfortunately. This is what i have so far for tomorrow, and nothing really has me that confident:

Bubba McDaniel -170

Sam Sicilia +180

Bart Palaszewski -170

J L:awrence -110

M. Tate (ev)

D. Andrew -115

B. Marunde +150

I might go as far as saying I like the Lawrence play the best. Crazy how hyped he was coming out of the show, and how quickly that crashed.Pineda is ok at everything, but not particularly great in any facet of MMA. I think Lawrence dominates this one

I no longer like Marunde or Blanco after the weigh ins. Wouldn't be able to bring myself to back Sicilia though.

Hart looks like good value. Should be able to control the fight with his wrestling.

McDaniel -165

Hart -105

Andrews -120

Gonzaga +210

Tate +115

Gastelum +320

I think I like Pineda over Lawrence, mo.

Lawrence's gas tank is only about a round and a half, and his striking defense is not great. Lawrence has a wrestling advantage but I don't think he is going to want to spend much time on the ground with a guy like Pineda.

I'm seeing a Pineda by sub finish.

ETA: It's a fair line, the fight is a coin flip pretty much any way you look at it with Lawrence having more of an early advantage and Pineda later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I like Pineda over Lawrence, mo. Lawrence's gas tank is only about a round and a half, and his striking defense is not great. Lawrence has a wrestling advantage but I don't think he is going to want to spend much time on the ground with a guy like Pineda. I'm seeing a Pineda by sub finish. ETA: It's a fair line, the fight is a coin flip pretty much any way you look at it with Lawrence having more of an early advantage and Pineda later.
You might be right. Nothing looks like a great bet on the card, and these TUC finales are always tricky. I just think the love for Lawrence was too crazy before and now it is under valueing him. I can't remember if be has one of the fights on the fuel portion of the card or not, but I hope we get to see this one televised.

Lawrence's gas tank is only about a round and a half, and his striking defense is not great. Lawrence has a wrestling advantage but I don't think he is going to want to spend much time on the ground with a guy like Pineda.

ETA: It's a fair line, the fight is a coin flip pretty much any way you look at it with Lawrence having more of an early advantage and Pineda later.
I am not watching any of the facebook stuff figuring all the fights will make it onto either the Fuel telecast or FX one, but what the heck happened here. I just saw my acct. took a nice hit, Friggin' Lawrence. <_<

I no longer like Marunde or Blanco after the weigh ins. Wouldn't be able to bring myself to back Sicilia though.

Hart looks like good value. Should be able to control the fight with his wrestling.

McDaniel -165

Hart -105

Andrews -120

Gonzaga +210

Tate +115

Gastelum +320
i'm adding Hart too. I know Luke has been training with Chael and Bisping ever since the show ended, and Hart trains with David Terrell. My guess is you can't gain takedown defense that quickly, guess we'll see

ETA: and yeah, i totally hear you about betting on Sicilia. It was the lightest play for me, but was still throwing away money. Gaven't seen it yet, but Sicilia sucks. i was banking on Blanco still sucking. Hate starting 0-2

So, apparently nobody has spoke to K-Flo yet about over-hyping every fighter and every move in a fight. 4 straight hours may be tough to do with Kenny here.

I am not watching any of the facebook stuff figuring all the fights will make it onto either the Fuel telecast or FX one, but what the heck happened here. I just saw my acct. took a nice hit, Friggin' Lawrence. <_<
Just got home, I'm sure they will give us a chance to see it at some point tonight.

would appear that Colin Hart has no idea what the concept of pacing yourself means. I get coming out to set a pace, but when you are gassed 2.5 minutes into the fight it can get tricky

would appear that Colin Hart has no idea what the concept of pacing yourself means. I get coming out to set a pace, but when you are gassed 2.5 minutes into the fight it can get tricky
Barnatt is so slow, he would get sent home in a body bag against 90% of the competition in the UFC.

30-27 Barnatt? WTF did I miss?
:shock: yeah, didn't see that at all. I don't know how that is even possible. i had it 29-28 Hart, and i'm not even sure what rounds Luke definitely won. Only thing i can see is Hart did not dominate. 1st round was definitely Hart, have no idea how you could possibly give it to Luke when Hart landed more shots, more power shots and had a takedown.

30-27 Barnatt? WTF did I miss?
:shock: yeah, didn't see that at all. I don't know how that is even possible. i had it 29-28 Hart, and i'm not even sure what rounds Luke definitely won. Only thing i can see is Hart did not dominate. 1st round was definitely Hart, have no idea how you could possibly give it to Luke when Hart landed more shots, more power shots and had a takedown.
That was awful. I can't wait to see the fight metric on that one.

Yeah, the more i think about it the more i can't figure out how you could give that fight to Luke. He had a submission attempt or 2, but none that put Hart in any big trouble. I think Hart easilty won the stand-up battle. One of those things where Hart wasn't necessarily dominant, but he controlled the stand-up exchanges and landed the more power shots. I agree, I have to see the stats and figure out how it was possible Luke won. We have all been burned by bad decisions, but i just can't even see what Luke did in that fight to win it

Had under 1.5 rounds in this Samman-Casey fight. I didn't catch the time it ended, but they could have called that 30-45 seconds earlier. Hoping I get lucky here, turning out to be a disastrous card gambing wise for me right now

ETA: Arrghhhh. Called it at 2:17 of the 2nd round :rant:

Had under 1.5 rounds in this Samman-Casey fight. I didn't catch the time it ended, but they could have called that 30-45 seconds earlier. Hoping I get lucky here, turning out to be a disastrous card gambing wise for me right now

That's a win, mo.

Isn't it?

That's a win, mo.

Isn't it?
I hope so, I was just trying to think if that was 2:17 into the 2nd round, or 2:17 left. Book hasn't processed it yet...

ETA: And Kevin Casey, I don't know what to say about that guy. Hate ever saying someone doesn't have any heart, but the guy was defeated as soon as that 2nd round started. It was like the gameplan was try to get a sub right off the bat, and if you don't get it just give up. Strange

And ETA2: whew, it was 2:17 into the round. Thank you herb for jumping in quickly.

WOuldn't anything under 2:30 be a win for you?

:confused:

That's a win, mo.

Isn't it?
I hope so, I was just trying to think if that was 2:17 into the 2nd round, or 2:17 left. Book hasn't processed it yet...
You should be good, that was time into the round.

That's a win, mo.

Isn't it?
99.9% sure it's time into the round, not time remaining. If it's a 30 second KO they don't say "at 4:30 of the first round"

That's a win, mo.

Isn't it?
99.9% sure it's time into the round, not time remaining. If it's a 30 second KO they don't say "at 4:30 of the first round"
Yeah, good call on the example there. Makes me like 2-4 so far this evening, let's hope big dope Bubba can do his thing and a couple of these other one's can work out. Contemplating tailing Hooter's Gonzaga call because i am not convinced Browne is that much better, but I just don't have a ton of faith in Gonzaga either.

I am not good with MMA over/unders, but i think i will grab Hall/Kelvin over 2.5 rounds +160. I don't remember seeing Kelvin particularly rocked, and he isn't going to stand and trade with Hall for lonig periods. I see the fight going more like the Dylan-Hall fight where Hall is just significantly quicker and peppers him with jabs.

Not only do I think Gonzaga is better, but Browne is coming off an injury and looked doughy at the weigh in, despite weighing 21 lbs less than Gonzaga.

Gonzaga has looked a lot better this time around in the UFC.

Not only do I think Gonzaga is better, but Browne is coming off an injury and looked doughy at the weigh in, despite weighing 21 lbs less than Gonzaga.

Alright bud, i will join along. I just read a few play-by-plays of the Miller-Bart fight. Seemed like a good one, have to imagine they want to squeeze that one on TV.

Alright bud, i will join along. I just read a few play-by-plays of the Miller-Bart fight. Seemed like a good one, have to imagine they want to squeeze that one on TV.
What a turd. My bad, mo.

What a turd. My bad, mo.
Yeah, that was impressive by Browne, but looked to me like those elbows were to the back of the head. if they weren't that was some good power, but regardless of what dopey Kenny says, it looked like he was blasting him at the worst spot possible in the back of the head. but i only saw it once while i am eating here, so maybe i missed it

Not only do I think Gonzaga is better, but Browne is coming off an injury and looked doughy at the weigh in, despite weighing 21 lbs less than Gonzaga. Gonzaga has looked a lot better this time around in the UFC.
What a turd. My bad, mo.
Yeah, that was impressive by Browne, but looked to me like those elbows were to the back of the head. if they weren't that was some good power, but regardless of what dopey Kenny says, it looked like he was blasting him at the worst spot possible in the back of the head. but i only saw it once while i am eating here, so maybe i missed it
there were about five elbows that landed in the final sequence - the first three were to the side and Gonzaga went limp on the third, then it looked like to me the last two were on the back of his head.

Ugh, the pacing of this card is horrible. I feel like Fox/FX is milking us for every dollar they can. They would do better to take a note from the Spike showings and not plug in so many commercials and breaks. I know they bills have to pay and everything, but with the Gonzaga fight going 30 seconds or so they couldn't show an earlier fight during this half-hour break between fights?

What a turd. My bad, mo.
The replay was pretty damning.

What a turd. My bad, mo.
there were about five elbows that landed in the final sequence - the first three were to the side and Gonzaga went limp on the third, then it looked like to me the last two were on the back of his head.
There is a shot of them in the comments section from this: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/4/13/4219350/tuf-17-finale-results-travis-browne-vs-gabriel-gonzaga-mma

Certainly sounds like a lot of Gonzaga fans in there, but they do look particularly bad. unfortunately the books were happy to grade it a loss, and i don't know if there will be much discussion since it seems that a lot agree with you that the first few were legal

You should see some of the women who are getting into MMA now, some definite hotties out there. Andbest round on the card so far. Hope the women can keep it up, but these ladies certainly come to fight. No way anybody can complain about this.

Cat loves that guillotine.

You should see some of the women who are getting into MMA now, some definite hotties out there. Andbest round on the card so far. Hope the women can keep it up, but these ladies certainly come to fight. No way anybody can complain about this.

Cat loves that guillotine.
That former cheerleader Rachel Wray is smokin, but probably sucks agains solid fighters.

TUF moving to Fox Sports 1 :confused: . I imagine some of us never found that TUF moved to FX from Spike.

How long til the UFC just creates their own channel??

Users who are viewing this thread