What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

Shields fading.
yeah, it's gonna come down to who won that first round, which I have no idea how they scored.God I hate watching a Shields fight.
Yeah, it was a bad one. You knew the judging would be all over the place on this one. I love how the most think Beltran beat Maldonado, but the same principals that won Maldonado that fight (from what i can guess) didn't necessarily apply here. Not the same fight at all, but still would love for one of these judges to explain how Maldonado won that fight, and then explain how they scored this last one.

snoozer main event.

Palhares is either psychotic or dumb as ####, either way they should give him the Paul Daley treatment. How many times is that he's pulled this crap now...3? 4?

FLYING DONG HAMMER OF DAETH!!11111

Incredible fight by the girls on TUF last night. Both showed amazing heart, great cardio and very impressive technique.

I don't know what it is about watching women fight but it gets me so emotional.

Incredible fight by the girls on TUF last night. Both showed amazing heart, great cardio and very impressive technique.

Better fight than anything on the Fight Night card that I saw (aside from Silva/Kim)

snoozer main event.

Palhares is either psychotic or dumb as ####, either way they should give him the Paul Daley treatment. How many times is that he's pulled this crap now...3? 4?

FLYING DONG HAMMER OF DAETH!!11111
:tinfoilhat: Alright Ahrn, this one is a real nice call. i don't hear many people arguing with him being cut. I have to think bellator will jump on him if they also took on Daley, and i hope they do because i like to watch him fight. Maybe i feel bad for him, but didn't he get screwed by stopping a fight too early against (maybe it was his fight against Marquardt)? And i think the fix for him is to schedule him against somebody who will punish him the same, I am sure there are quite a few guys in the UFC and MMA that have a few screws loose. Lombard comes immediately to mind.

either way, can't argue with it either. they have to draw the line somewhere. Being how everyone watching those fights saw/heard Pierce scream for him to stop, I think the UFC had no choice but to do this.

Crazy thing is i think almost everyone watching completely agrees. I think one factor is with some of the women on the show. I mean the cast they brought on have a ton of exciting stories and it is impossible to not have some emotional investment in some of these women we have seen fight for years and finally get a shot in some more of the spotlight

Crazy thing is i think almost everyone watching completely agrees. I think one factor is with some of the women on the show. I mean the cast they brought on have a ton of exciting stories and it is impossible to not have some emotional investment in some of these women we have seen fight for years and finally get a shot in some more of the spotlight
I suppose it's cuz this the first season for females, so all the established vets come to compete. As more female seasons air, I suspect the back-stories of the rookies will be far less compelling.

I agree, unfortunately for me my DVR cut out with about 1 min left in the fight. :hot:

I agree, unfortunately for me my DVR cut out with about 1 min left in the fight. :hot:
Mine too. I think I'm recording the rerun to catch it. Still don't know what happened.....

It was a good run Bellator.....

Tito/Rampage -- ~1700 tickets sold (arena holds 13k+) with 3 weeks til PPV (actually little over 2 now)

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/12/4830084/with-poor-ticket-sales-will-bellators-ppv-debut-prove-to-be-what

With 1 MMA win in 7 years I believe, I cant believe anyone thinks Tito's still a draw. His win 2 years over Bader was a stunner. His last win before that??? (Drumroll......Ken Shamrock) Kinda ironic because Tito is now where Ken was then -- a name with no game.

Solid card 2nite. Even the prelims looking really good. Looking forward to it.

JDS always has a puncher's chance, but I like Cain to retain.

Tito/Rampage -- ~1700 tickets sold (arena holds 13k+) with 3 weeks til PPV (actually little over 2 now)

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/12/4830084/with-poor-ticket-sales-will-bellators-ppv-debut-prove-to-be-what

With 1 MMA win in 7 years I believe, I cant believe anyone thinks Tito's still a draw. His win 2 years over Bader was a stunner. His last win before that??? (Drumroll......Ken Shamrock) Kinda ironic because Tito is now where Ken was then -- a name with no game.
if possible, i think Rampage is worse. my guess is he gasses 2 minutes into the fight. he may lift for this fight, but guarantee no cardio.

I havent been paying a lot of attention to tonights card outside of JDS/Cain and Nelson/Cormier -- I just looked at the entire lineup and this card is STACKED. :drive:

if possible, i think Rampage is worse. my guess is he gasses 2 minutes into the fight. he may lift for this fight, but guarantee no cardio.
Very possible. Hard to see him getting motivated to fight for Bellator.

I don't get why you pit 2 guys way past their prime against one another -- I literally don't understand why at all. To pray one of them has something left??

If you want to use their name value, use one of your up and coming homegrown guys to steamroll them. As an organization, I don't see how this helps your company as a whole long term. Ticket sales already are showing there's next to no interest in this fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
AhrnCityPahnder said:
I havent been paying a lot of attention to tonights card outside of JDS/Cain and Nelson/Cormier -- I just looked at the entire lineup and this card is STACKED. :drive:
Yes - the prelims alone would be a decent free card.

whew, Lombard is a bad man. I don't know if he'll ever get too far, especially in the WW division. But they can put him on any card and now that the hype isn't as crazy it will be fun to watch.

Jessica Eye is scary too :scared: . she threw some mean punches in that one

whew, Lombard is a bad man. I don't know if he'll ever get too far, especially in the WW division. But they can put him on any card and now that the hype isn't as crazy it will be fun to watch.

Who stops him? I think the only guy I'd make him a dog to is GSP. I don't think anyone can handle his standup.

Who stops him? I think the only guy I'd make him a dog to is GSP. I don't think anyone can handle his standup.
maybe. i'd like to see it. but there are a lot of good wrestlers at 170. i think Condit beats him too. would love to see Lombard take on Rory after Rory's last fight, but it is a little early for that

they really have to take points for some of these eye pokes. no other way to stop them, and a guy/girl needs to control their strikes

they really have to take points for some of these eye pokes. no other way to stop them, and a guy/girl needs to control their strikes
that 2nd one 30 seconds later was complete bull####. take a point

ETA: awesome job ref. I never thought he would do that, but that was completely the right call. the first eye poke was a real bad one, the 2nd 30 seconds later was simply inexcusable. You need to control the strikes you throw, lazy throws is just b.s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep me posted boys - what's the decission
good guy won. Really weird scoring, 2 judges gave every round to boetsch, 3rd judge gave every round to CB. I don't know how you see the exact same fight and score it the exact opposite. was a close fight, but that is just weird

Users who are viewing this thread