What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (4 Viewers)

i think jones would annihilate both cormier and valazquez simultaneously.

ETA: Throw Gustaffson in there as well. Jones vs all 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
whatever was wrong with JDS in the 2nd fight seems to still be a problem. i don't know how else you explain him breathing heavy 2 minutes into the fight. I don't think it is anything Cain is doing, am i wrong? he looked so much sharper in his last fight. I just don't know why else he looked completely gassed half-way through the 1st

I love the questions in the corner. do you have a headache? are you dizzy? of course i have a ####### headache. I just got my head caved in.

its almost like cain just wants to hurt him by not finishing him sooner.
:lmao: i loved Bob Cook and the rest of that dopey camp saying this before this fight. I would like to see Cain vs. Couture when Randy was around 37 or 38. I'm just not impressed by Cain still, but i don't know who can beat him. And we need JDS to see a real doctor and figure out if he has something going on. or he needs to get a new camp.

:lmao: i loved Bob Cook and the rest of that dopey camp saying this before this fight. I would like to see Cain vs. Couture when Randy was around 37 or 38. I'm just not impressed by Cain still, but i don't know who can beat him. And we need JDS to see a real doctor and figure out if he has something going on. or he needs to get a new camp.
Not sure what's not to be impressed about. jds is a legitimate contender and he's done pretty much nothing to cain.

Not sure what's not to be impressed about. jds is a legitimate contender and he's done pretty much nothing to cain.
:goodposting:

We're going on Round 10 of JDS doing nothing to Cain. Cain has absolutely physically dominated him.

i think this is much more of JDS losing then Cain winning. Maybe i'm not giving him credit, but Dos Santos looking gassed midway through the 1st is the story of this fight. Did Cain cause that? maybe. certainly Cain grinds him down, but JDS looked to never get into the fight beside the first minute

We're going on Round 10 of JDS doing nothing to Cain. Cain has absolutely physically dominated him.
Cain wouldn't get to the 3rd round fighting Jon Jones.

Cain wouldn't get to the 3rd round fighting Jon Jones.
Stop already. You have no idea of this. Jones barely got by gustaffson.

i think this is much more of JDS losing then Cain winning. Maybe i'm not giving him credit, but Dos Santos looking gassed midway through the 1st is the story of this fight. Did Cain cause that? maybe. certainly Cain grinds him down, but JDS looked to never get into the fight beside the first minute
No idea, but if jds did everything he said he did to prepare, then you have to give it to cain.

Oh c'mon man.

JDS had more left longer this fight than the 2nd fight. Cain has physically dominated him. JDS can't keep the distance -- that's the story of the last 10 rounds. I mean do we need 10 more rounds of Cain overwhelming Junior??

Did you miss cain clocking him in the head?

Oh c'mon man.

JDS had more left longer this fight than the 2nd fight. Cain has physically dominated him. JDS can't keep the distance -- that's the story of the last 10 rounds.
Maybe that is it then, that it more of the match-up then anything. I guess i just have a hard time calling Cain the best HWY of all time like they keep promoting. He has good conditioning, but i don't think his striking is particularly dominating, his takedowns are ok but I think half the guys in the top 10 can defend most of them (JDS defended 9 of 11 before the last round). He has good clutch work, but i am not sure he is that great of a fighter. His striking is slow and plodding. i don't know, help me out. What am I missing?

ETA: i'm just thinking, look at every other division in the UFC. You can look at every champ and say some things they do that are above the rest of the division. Cain has cardio, and that is all they keep saying.

Maybe that is it then, that it more of the match-up then anything. I guess i just have a hard time calling Cain the best HWY of all time like they keep promoting. He has good conditioning, but i don't think his striking is particularly dominating, his takedowns are ok but I think half the guys in the top 10 can defend most of them (JDS defended 9 of 11 before the last round). He has good clutch work, but i am not sure he is that great of a fighter. His striking is slow and plodding. i don't know, help me out. What am I missing?
I'm not going to debate best of all time because it's not something I really have put much thought into. If you look at the list of UFC HWY champion history, it's really not an outlandish point of view at all (other than Randy, who else you arguing for?) And keep in mind, I don't believe ANY UFC HWY champion has defended it three straight times....

He's the best in the world right now. And it's not even close. He's completely dominated the 2nd best current HWY in the world for 10 straight rounds. He's turned JDS's face into hamburger meat for 2 straight fights. JDS has literally done nothing for 10 straight rounds.

Considering Cormier stated he's moving to LHWY, I'm not sure what's next for JDS.

I've seen you comment on Cain before in previous fights Mo and I gotta say it's pretty odd. Every time he thoroughly dominates his opponent you seem to come out unimpressed with the guy he beat and give Cain little to no credit. They look like #### in these fights because he's making them look like ####. IMO

Oh c'mon man.

JDS had more left longer this fight than the 2nd fight. Cain has physically dominated him. JDS can't keep the distance -- that's the story of the last 10 rounds.

ETA: i'm just thinking, look at every other division in the UFC. You can look at every champ and say some things they do that are above the rest of the division. Cain has cardio, and that is all they keep saying.
If you're fighting a phenomenal striker, why not do what he's done for the last 2 fights. JDS is a better striker and a better BJJ guy so why not just hold him against the cage and pound the crap out of him for 10 rounds. You make it seem like that's not an incredible art all to itself. He can literally take the #2 HW and hold him against the cage for 10 rounds while inflicting immense damage. Never seen anyone do that to that degree. JDS was pretty much helpless.

I've seen you comment on Cain before in previous fights Mo and I gotta say it's pretty odd. Every time he thoroughly dominates his opponent you seem to come out unimpressed with the guy he beat and give Cain little to no credit. They look like #### in these fights because he's making them look like ####. IMO
Maybe you are right. I guess i am just constantly unimpressed by him. Slow isn't maybe the best way to describe his striking considering other strikers in the HWY division. I guess for me, looking at other champions in the UFC i have a hard time seeing most of them get beat. I guess I just don't feel the same about Cain, and will not be all that surprised when he loses. I think this fight, and the last Dos Santos fight, was more about JDS gassing.

I do know i have a bit of a bias with Cain though, i just can't wash out the memory of some of his fights like his fight against Kongo and some others. Yes they were years ago, but i don't remember ever seeing guys like GSP, Silva, Aldo, Pettis, Barao, or anybody else look so inferior in some fights.

Maybe you are right. I guess i am just constantly unimpressed by him. Slow isn't maybe the best way to describe his striking considering other strikers in the HWY division. I guess for me, looking at other champions in the UFC i have a hard time seeing most of them get beat. I guess I just don't feel the same about Cain, and will not be all that surprised when he loses. I think this fight, and the last Dos Santos fight, was more about JDS gassing.

I do know i have a bit of a bias with Cain though, i just can't wash out the memory of some of his fights like his fight against Kongo and some others. Yes they were years ago, but i don't remember ever seeing guys like GSP, Silva, Aldo, Pettis, Barao, or anybody else look so inferior in some fights.
I really don't know what else he needs to do. Kongo was his 6th pro fight ever (4.5 years ago)

Cain has finished 11 of his 13 professional fight victories (Kongo/JDS II). It's not like he's going decision after decision after decision like GSP (who hasn't stopped a fight in almost 5 years now...)

I'd be pretty shocked if another heavyweight beats him right now. And I guess you look at JDS gassing as him being out of shape or adrenaline dumping or something else weird, whereas as I see him getting punched in the face and Cain being in his face nonstop. That wears on a guy, that's one of Cain's biggest strengths that I guess you're unimpressed with, dude is just relentless. His pace at heavyweight is just not normal.

I've seen you reference the Kongo fight a few times, and yes he took some hard shots in that fight, but that was a long time ago, he has visibly improved a ton since, and he still went on to destroy Kongo in that fight.

I really don't know what else he needs to do. Kongo was his 6th pro fight ever.

Cain has finished 11 of his 13 professional fights (Kongo/JDS II). It's not like he's going decision after decision after decision like GSP (who hasn't stopped a fight in almost 5 years now...)
If you're going to rag on a fighter, GSP is that fighter. and he's my favorite fighter. and he got knocked the #### out by serra so talk about looking inferior.

If you're fighting a phenomenal striker, why not do what he's done for the last 2 fights. JDS is a better striker and a better BJJ guy so why not just hold him against the cage and pound the crap out of him for 10 rounds. You make it seem like that's not an incredible art all to itself. He can literally take the #2 HW and hold him against the cage for 10 rounds while inflicting immense damage. Never seen anyone do that to that degree. JDS was pretty much helpless.
Ok, I agree with this, and yes, his dominance of JDS against the cage was very impressive. My only thing here is JDS looking gassed in the first, but maybe that was because of Cain. So i think for me, i would like to see him against some high quality HWYs and see him continue to be tested. Not sure who that is though, Werdum has looked good, so if he makes Werdum look useless then maybe i really need to give him a ton more credit.

Ok, I agree with this, and yes, his dominance of JDS against the cage was very impressive. My only thing here is JDS looking gassed in the first, but maybe that was because of Cain. So i think for me, i would like to see him against some high quality HWYs and see him continue to be tested. Not sure who that is though, Werdum has looked good, so if he makes Werdum look useless then maybe i really need to give him a ton more credit.
And I agree with you that jds looked gassed pretty quickly which i was surprised about. he does seem to have that look though that once he starts getting him, it looks like he's way worse than he should be. rich franklin used to have that look.

I'd be pretty shocked if another heavyweight beats him right now. And I guess you look at JDS gassing as him being out of shape or adrenaline dumping or something else weird, whereas as I see him getting punched in the face and Cain being in his face nonstop. That wears on a guy, that's one of Cain's biggest strengths that I guess you're unimpressed with, dude is just relentless. His pace at heavyweight is just not normal.

I've seen you reference the Kongo fight a few times, and yes he took some hard shots in that fight, but that was a long time ago, he has visibly improved a ton since, and he still went on to destroy Kongo in that fight.
Yeah. He has looked real good against Big Foot, so maybe I need to just give him more credit then i am. I don't know why, but for me he just doesn't seem to have something, outside of cardio, that he has that is that much more dominant than everybody else in his weight class.

but it is obvious that my view of Cain is off since i seem to be in a very small minority with him.

And really if you look at the history of the UFC heavyweight championship, proclaiming Cain best ever in the division really isn't absurd. He wins his next fight, he becomes the only one in history to defend the belt 3 straight times. For all intensive purposes, you're arguing Cain vs. Randy in the 16 year history of the championship.

And I agree with you that jds looked gassed pretty quickly which i was surprised about. he does seem to have that look though that once he starts getting him, it looks like he's way worse than he should be. rich franklin used to have that look.
It was pretty telling in the post fight interview when JDS said that it was real hard to find training partners. Maybe that is a bigt advantage Cain and Cormier have, and maybe JDS needs to switch camps for a bit to work with some guys who can grind him more like Cain did.

And really if you look at the history of the UFC heavyweight championship, proclaiming Cain best ever in the division really isn't absurd. He wins his next fight, he becomes the only one in history to defend the belt 3 straight times. For all intensive purposes, you're arguing Cain vs. Randy.
i think this has something to do with it too. Even though the HWY division is the most stacked it has been in some time, it is hard to find any real compelling guys in the division that could be dominant. They always talk about it, where guys the size of the HWY division play a lot of other sports where the money is better. Who knows. :shrug:

Moving on, I think Dodson can take Might Mouse when they meet again. having KO power at 125 is something special, and the guy is impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread