What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (7 Viewers)

Had it 3-2 Hendricks with him winning 1,2 and 4. Not terribly surprised at the decision though.
:goodposting:

It was pretty damn close and I felt it could have gone either way. But again, in title matches, you really do need to clearly beat the champ to win the strap and I don't think JH quite did that. Very close and I hope GSP is just punch drunk and gives Big Rig a rematch.

Closest thing I've seen to boxing, unfortunately it had nothing to do with the punches.
just trust in the footballguys here bud, we had it the whole time. Joe Rogan needs someone to kick him in his teeth.

Same with Marc Laymon, man that guy gets my blood boiling

why cant these judges in boxing and ufc make 10-8 rounds more of a norm? im tired of a round having to be total domination (with a knockdown in boxing) in order for it to be 10-8.

I'm trying to figure out the 3rd round that GSP won. I don't see it.

And the rounds he did win paled in comparison to the 3 that Hendricks absolutely dominated.

I'm a GSP guy, too. But, this was a terrible decision.

why cant these judges in boxing and ufc make 10-8 rounds more of a norm? im tired of a round having to be total domination (with a knockdown in boxing) in order for it to be 10-8.
do this or just score any round that is very close 10-10. 10-10 and 10-8 rounds are underutilized in both sports.

And the rounds he did win paled in comparison to the 3 that Hendricks absolutely dominated.

i had it 2-2 going into the 5th, and thought George won the 5th. I can't remember how i broke down the middle rounds though. I was way too into the fight to even think about it. Luckily i paid for this one so maybe i rewatch tonight or tomorrow and re-assess

Had it 3-2 Hendricks with him winning 1,2 and 4. Not terribly surprised at the decision though.
:goodposting:

It was pretty damn close and I felt it could have gone either way. But again, in title matches, you really do need to clearly beat the champ to win the strap and I don't think JH quite did that. Very close and I hope GSP is just punch drunk and gives Big Rig a rematch.
yeah, I think Hendricks won his two rounds (2 and 4) in more dominant fashion than GSP won his (1,3 and 5), but I felt like he just didn't do quite enough to get the nod. I thought GSP outlanded him in the first (closest round of the fight imo) and third, and then Hendricks just inexplicably quit mounting any offense in the fifth and let St. Pierre take it. I guess he thought he was ahead 3-1 at that point or he was more gassed than I thought.

It's the only way to fix a badly broken system. I've been saying this for years. It is stooopid when the guy who lost sight and memory with a busted up face, who three times was seriously hurt, and is currently being hospitalized, beats the guy who barely got touched, looks the same as he did when the fight started and has all his faculties after the fight. One thing is certain. GSP got his ### kicked by Hendricks. I enjoyed that. I sure hope George is alright though.

Round two. Clearly 10-8 Hendricks. We get a just decision. The beat up guy loses. The untouched guy wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
do this or just score any round that is very close 10-10. 10-10 and 10-8 rounds are underutilized in both sports.
this is a good point, definitely. Or if they want score damage more then they do. only problem with that is some guys damage easier then others, or you get the older guys with all the scar tissue that get cut way too quick

i had it 2-2 going into the 5th, and thought George won the 5th. I can't remember how i broke down the middle rounds though. I was way too into the fight to even think about it. Luckily i paid for this one so maybe i rewatch tonight or tomorrow and re-assess
same here.

Hendricks won 1,4 and GSP won 3,5. 2 was a tossup and the judges like to score it for the champ. Hendricks won his rounds better than GSP won his, but that's not how the fights are scored. And none of these rounds were 10-8 caliber. You could give the 2nd a 10-10 and call it a 48-48 draw, but JH still doesn't get the title that way.

i think one thing should be clear here though, this wasn't a "robbery". it was a close fight. we have seen robberies and they are way worse then this. i also think this is a great example of needing to change the scoring system

It's the only way to fix a badly broken system. I've been saying this for years. It is stooopid when the guy who lost sight and memory with a busted up face, who three times was seriously hurt, and is currently being hospitalized, beats the guy who barely got touched, looks the same as he did when the fight started and has all his faculties after the fight. One thing is certain. GSP got his ### kicked by Hendricks. I enjoyed that. I sure hope George is alright though.

Round two. Clearly 10-8 Hendricks. We get a just decision. The beat up guy loses. The untouched guy wins.
whoa, I can't agree with a 10-8 round two - Hendricks clearly won it, but imo to get a 10-8 you need to be closer to finishing the fight than he was there. I thought he had GSP rocked a little bit but only for a couple seconds.

too bad the half point system isn't in effect, though. I could accept an argument for a 10-8.5 score there in round two.

Hendricks won 1,4 and GSP won 3,5. 2 was a tossup and the judges like to score it for the champ. Hendricks won his rounds better than GSP won his, but that's not how the fights are scored. And none of these rounds were 10-8 caliber. You could give the 2nd a 10-10 and call it a 48-48 draw, but JH still doesn't get the title that way.
GSP was badly wobbled in round 2. No way that round is a toss up. That's just nonsense. 2 and 4 could have both been 10-8 Hendricks and their faces and post fight physical condition would be properly addressed by the scoring.

whoa, I can't agree with a 10-8 round two - Hendricks clearly won it, but imo to get a 10-8 you need to be closer to finishing the fight than he was there. I thought he had GSP rocked a little bit but only for a couple seconds.

too bad the half point system isn't in effect, though. I could accept an argument for a 10-8.5 score there in round two.
I'm petitioning all of you to break tradition with boxing which goes 12 rounds with the ten point must system. Being very stingy with the 10-8s over 12 rounds makes some sense, but not over 5 rounds and especially for 3 round fights. If you want the beat up to keep winning then stick with the traditional approach to ten point must scoring. But it's stoopid.

thats what i see as the problem. The definitions of a 10-8 or 10-10 rounds are off imo.

I laugh at anyone saying this was close. So do their doctors. Can you imagine if it happened in a parking lot? Anyone think GSP won? Bah. Terrible for Hendricks.

GSP was badly wobbled in round 2. No way that round is a toss up. That's just nonsense. 2 and 4 could have both been 10-8 Hendricks and their faces and post fight physical condition would be properly addressed by the scoring.
If round 2 was only a minute long, sure you could give that to JH. But he spent the next 4 minutes looking lethargic and eating jabs. I don't think how a fighter's face looks should decide how a fight is scored either. Hell JH could be all busted up under his beard and we'd never know it.

If round 2 was only a minute long, sure you could give that to JH. But he spent the next 4 minutes looking lethargic and eating jabs. I don't think how a fighter's face looks should decide how a fight is scored either. Hell JH could be all busted up under his beard and we'd never know it.
One guy got beat up and admitted it. The other didn't get fazed and said as much. You think the guy who got beat up won because your attached to a lame system. Forget their faces. I agree a busted up guy can win, but he sure better do more damage to the other guy, whether it's visible or not. That's clearly not the case here.

if 10-8 is only scored if a round is total domination, and 10-10 only scored when a round is absolutely even...this is what causes most crap decisions. 10-9's cover wayyyy to big of a spectrum.

I laugh at anyone saying this was close. So do their doctors. Can you imagine if it happened in a parking lot? Anyone think GSP won? Bah. Terrible for Hendricks.
and we should clear this up too. i think this fight was much more GSP looking bad, then Hendricks looking good. my wife called it as soon as GSP started his walkout that something wasn't right. George had no head movement tonight which was a little weird, and he looked half as strong as he had in the past

Possum said:
somebody on the UG posted the scorecard here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZQCuFYCcAAI__a.jpg:large

looks the same as how I had it - round 1 was the tossup and it looks like GSP did just enough.
that's cool if it is real. only contentious round was rd. 1. they gave Hendricks rd2 and rd4.

and i'm watching the after show on Fox Sports 1. Robbie Lawlor is on, calling out Hendricks to fight for an interim belt. that sounds like a fabulous idea

Pumpnick said:
if 10-8 is only scored if a round is total domination, and 10-10 only scored when a round is absolutely even...this is what causes most crap decisions. 10-9's cover wayyyy to big of a spectrum.
I think 10-10 and 10-8 should be scored more often than they are, but none of the rounds in this fight were 10-8 quality to me.

modogg said:
Chaos Commish said:
and we should clear this up too. i think this fight was much more GSP looking bad, then Hendricks looking good. my wife called it as soon as GSP started his walkout that something wasn't right. George had no head movement tonight which was a little weird, and he looked half as strong as he had in the past
He got rattled early and that slip he had that lead to blows to the side of the head/ear really cost him. Without that slip up I would be more understanding of the final decision.

Possum said:
somebody on the UG posted the scorecard here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZQCuFYCcAAI__a.jpg:large

looks the same as how I had it - round 1 was the tossup and it looks like GSP did just enough.
How the hell was R1 a split round? That was JH's best round. I even said to ACP over chat that GSP wasn't going to last 5 rounds if he kept getting beat up like that. R1 is where most of the damage to GSP's face came from.

Users who are viewing this thread