What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (7 Viewers)

Has Diaz been stopped in the UFC yet?
Nope. He has only been stopped twice in his career, and He's only been knocked out one time (he was 19 years old, in some local California league in 2002). his only other "stoppage" was from a cut in the first KJ Noons fight, where he quite obviously still wanted to fight.

Cardio, active guard, chin and heart all day long from Diaz. I do worry how much he actually "wants" this fight , vs wanting to be paid for this fight. I also hope he ####### has worked on checking some leg kicks. 5 rounds of ignoring them vs silva, we may see another cerrone/nate or aldo/faber tonight.

Having said that, all aboard the "WHERE YOU AT WEIDMAN, DON'T BE SCARED HOMIE" WARWAGON :choochoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
what type of qualifications do you need to be the person that rubs vasoline on the fighters face before he enters the ring? first time i've seen a chick doing it and she's pretty hot.

interesting that the chick did the one fighter and then some monsterous black dude does the other fighter. seems overkill to have 2 vasonline rubbers.

Embarrassing Gastelum can't make weight ####### christ it's nothing more than diet.

Thought Woodley won, but didn't think it was 30-27. Given Gastelum lack of preparedness, glad he lost.

How the hell do you miss weight by 9 lbs?
As the story goes, he got down to within ~4 pounds of weight on friday morning, but was severely/dangerously dehydrated and had to be hospitalized. At that point he accepts he's given up. a few IV bags in the hospital, a big meal for dinner and then weigh-in at 9# over.

Credit to Diaz for fighting a smarter fight, but the one fight you want to see Diaz be Diaz and he decided to be safe.
A lot of the fights where he really opens up into "the Diaz you want to see" is after he lands a few good shots and has someone backing up/stunned. He landed some good shots here and there tonight but missed a lot more than normal. You saw the same thing when Condit ran from him the whole fight, but tonight was just Silva with head movement and footwork better than anyone Diaz has faced. Combine that with Anderson having cardio to match Diaz, and ND is down another huge advantage he has in most of his fights.

Silva is the man, not much more you can say. Diaz fared better than anyone not named Weidman who has stood in front of Silva and willfully exchanged with him.

Nice of him to say he doesn't want Kelvin's 30%.
Why? I would be pissed and have no problem taking it. Your opponent should make weight or let's go back to no weight classes.
I'll be pissed if UFC doesn't stick by their word and doesn't force Gastelum to move up to 185.

Maybe the higher weight class will beat it out of him. He also needs to get in a real gym.....away from home.

EDIT: Post-fight press conference Dana confirmed Gastelum will be forced to 185 :thumbup:

I really don't like Iaquinta. Seems like a real d-bag to me. i don't know why, he just does
I train with a guy who spent three weeks - in Dec and Jan - training with him and living at his place. He says Iaquinta is absolutely hilarious to be around. I was shocked.

With the way Lineker didn't even try to make weight and then rubbed his belly during and after the fight, I will never be a fan of his. I hope he gets smashed at 135.

Fightmetric numbers are up:

108 v 77 Silva in sig strikes.

49% vs 34%

Round by round

21 v 19

21 v 15

25 v 18

15 v 14

26 v 11

I thought the striking was pretty close throughout with an edge to Silva.

:lmao: Anderson Silva pissed hot with Steroids on Jan 9th, and Nick Diaz's post fight pee positive for marijuana :lmao:

:tfp:
:doh: i have to wonder if Silva's had anything to do with his rehab from that injury though. But it does seem like the UFC has a problem on it's hands, especially with these older guys who don't mind pissing hot cause they know they will retire soon anyway

Users who are viewing this thread