What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (8 Viewers)

it's funny with a lot of fighters and guys in this sport, even if you didn't like them to start you begin to appreciate them more or like them as they got older. Watching the interviews for this fight, i put Koscheck in the same category as Matt Hughes as guys that just suck no matter what

modogg said:
Bobcat10 said:
kutta said:
This card this Saturday is one of the worst I can remember. Two girl fights at the top of the card? Yawn.
Certainly a worthy main imo. The other fight is really their hope for a big Holly victory in what should feature alot of strikes. Raquel will throw with Holm. Card is pretty blah though overall.
well, it was supposed to have Weidman-Vitor so you can't get on the UFC too much. that fight would have helped quite a bit
Can't get behind the notion that "it's out of the UFC's hands"

White/Silva could certainly bump up good matchups from the next card. Especially for this PPV since weidman-belfort was declared out at least a month ago.

The UFC chooses not to do so and thinks they can skate by. They don't care, so I don't care to purchase that sh** either. :shrug:

modogg said:
Bobcat10 said:
kutta said:
This card this Saturday is one of the worst I can remember. Two girl fights at the top of the card? Yawn.
Certainly a worthy main imo. The other fight is really their hope for a big Holly victory in what should feature alot of strikes. Raquel will throw with Holm. Card is pretty blah though overall.
well, it was supposed to have Weidman-Vitor so you can't get on the UFC too much. that fight would have helped quite a bit

White/Silva could certainly bump up good matchups from the next card. Especially for this PPV since weidman-belfort was declared out at least a month ago.

The UFC chooses not to do so and thinks they can skate by. They don't care, so I don't care to purchase that sh** either. :shrug:
They truly believe Rousey is that big of a draw IMO.

modogg said:
Bobcat10 said:
kutta said:

They truly believe Rousey is that big of a draw IMO.
I don't know if that's the way I'd put it. Rousey hasn't shown, in terms of PPV buys, that she is a massive draw on her own. If she had, the UFC wouldn't have lined her up for the co-main originally.

Despite that, the UFC is certainly pushing her hard, from a marketing standpoint, so they're trying to make the best of a bad situation and HOPING that she draws okay. I doubt they're expecting huge numbers for tomorrow's card, though.

So I think the Bellator card will be fun tonight, but really having a hard time finding a good bet. I think the main event will be a fun one, and Ahrn has got me little more excited for McGreary here. Many Newton though is not someone to be looked over just becuase he is unorthodox. Still i grabbed mcGreary at -160 for a light action play.

Daley should crush Santos, though i don't know much about Santos overall. but didn't feel like laying the -450 for him. I like Vassell over Sokudju, but at -325 i am not that excited there either. I was hoping to bet on the Barn Cat, but i guess the books to carry lines for the undercard. And Millender-Ward isn't ringing a bell for me. I am sure when i see them i will at least remember one of them, but off the top of my head i can't remember them for anything.

So only other fight that can be wagered on is Kongo -125 vs. Lawal -105. Action came in on Mo cause he was i think +130 earlier in the week. i hear the argument that Lawal can take down Kongo with ease and lay and pray a bit to win at least 2 rounds. But I am leaning Kongo in this fight. Guy always seemed to have a lot of pride, and I can't for the life of me see him not caring if a MW/LHW beats him in this fight. He has looked the same in bellator as he did late in his UFC years, so not really impressed at all. But Mo has looked horrendous too. I think he looked better in his last fight, but he fought that total can who came out in the Dr. outfit i think. I would think Kongo has the strength to shake off Lawal's lazy takedown attempts, and it isn't like Mo has looked to have great double legs or anything. I think Kongo can land some nice leg kicks or some other shots to slow Lawal down too.

So anybody have any feel for this card tonight?

So only other fight that can be wagered on is Kongo -125 vs. Lawal -105. Action came in on Mo cause he was i think +130 earlier in the week. i hear the argument that Lawal can take down Kongo with ease and lay and pray a bit to win at least 2 rounds. But I am leaning Kongo in this fight. Guy always seemed to have a lot of pride, and I can't for the life of me see him not caring if a MW/LHW beats him in this fight. He has looked the same in bellator as he did late in his UFC years, so not really impressed at all. But Mo has looked horrendous too. I think he looked better in his last fight, but he fought that total can who came out in the Dr. outfit i think. I would think Kongo has the strength to shake off Lawal's lazy takedown attempts, and it isn't like Mo has looked to have great double legs or anything. I think Kongo can land some nice leg kicks or some other shots to slow Lawal down too.
Two guys I wouldn't want to bet on because you have no idea what you're going to get. Lean Lawal.

Two guys I wouldn't want to bet on because you have no idea what you're going to get. Lean Lawal.
yeah, without a doubt it would be a shot in the dark. I just hope it isn't boring and Mo gets sloppy takedowns easily and lay and prays on floundering Kongo

Invicta has a show tonight. I might tune in to watch Cyborg maul some tall chick.... or maybe I'll just go out to dinner.

Invicta has a show tonight. I might tune in to watch Cyborg maul some tall chick.... or maybe I'll just go out to dinner.
lot of rumors that this might be the fight where if Cyborg wins she may finally come over to the UFC to take on Rousey. i am sure they want to set that up for one of their main cards, maybe like next year's SB card. but it does seem that that fight is getting more momentum

Sad Ken's still fighting.

Question posed: "Why you coming back Ken?" Answer is: A Paycheck. Sadly he came before the money came. As sad as it is, the fight will get eyeballs.

what a #### show :rolleyes: . Kongo and Jimmy Smith fighting over the mic, King Mo talking #### to anybody who will listen but nobody cares. Bellator has some good things going, but still a lot of bad too

Surprised it was split decision, but was too boring to care. (Mo/Kongo). ####### Kongo on the mic :lmao: I agree Bellator has some nice aspects with production but feels so minor league with guys like Mo. He is so ####### boring in the cage. Talk when you do something worth watching. No one gives a #### you put on a boring ### fight vs a heavyweight.

Sad Ken's still fighting.

Question posed: "Why you coming back Ken?" Answer is: A Paycheck. Sadly he came before the money came. As sad as it is, the fight will get eyeballs.
He spend all of his WWF money?
Given he was still fighting on these small shows deep into his 40's and this Slice fight, he's gotta be hurting for cash. Add in a divorce/4 children child support when he was relevant.

Wiki:

Shamrock has been married twice. His first marriage, to Tina Ramirez, ended in divorce in early 2002.[citation needed] Together they have four children: Ryan Robert (born November 24, 1988), Connor Kenneth (born September 26, 1991), Sean Garret (born June 15, 1993) and one daughter, Fallon Marie (born July 12, 1996).[citation needed] In 2005, Shamrock married a woman named Tonya whom he had known since childhood. He is now stepfather to her three children.[citation needed] In total, Shamrock has seven children and three grandchildren, including 2 granddaughters named Mailynn and Jayden from his step-daughter Rebecca, and one grandson, Ethan, from his biological child Ryan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing how the scores were for that Mo-Kongo fight, I have no idea how they will score that 1st round. Great round to show potential judges to discuss how they score it. i think it is Mcgreary 1-0 easily

ugh, McGreary looks like he put out a ton of energy in that 1st. the rest of these rounds may not be as fun if he is gassed as bad as he looks in this 2nd

Newton still leaving that arm out there on the ground. He's gonna get caught again eventually. Pretty much begging McGreary to take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Newton may have just pulled this out. Wasn't flashy by him. Great fight. Everytime they hit the ground, you felt McGreary could end it at anytime.

Have it 48-47 Newton. I could see it 47-47 (round 1)

Yeah same here, had it 2-2 going into the fifth and thought Newton pulled it out with top control. Great fight though.

Yeah I think was 10-8 Round 1 by the 1 judge. I didn't score it as such, but I'm fine with that.

McGreary deserves big props for his efforts on the ground. Tough fight to score. McGreary clearly had Newton closer to being finished but round-by-round scoring good argument Newton won.

Had it 48-47 Newton. Another phantom 10-8 round by a judge.
I think this was fight where you could argue either side and have solid standing. It all depends on how you want to score what. 10-8 is a little much, but Mcgreary did have newton in trouble a lot in that 1st, but it can be subjective with how much danger he was actually in.

I just can't believe they show us Kongo-Lawal then that fight. Complete 180 there from a complete horrible fight to a very good fight, fun to watch, that wasn't a ton of stand up (which is impressive considering the crowds these fights can have)

Great main event.

I don't know who won that but I'm not mad McGeary gets the decision. Nice to see him handle a big step up in competition
I have no problem giving it to McGeary. Almost every round had a lot of back and forth stylistically that made it difficult to call a true winner. Newton had lots of top control, but he frequently wasn't able to do much with the positions, even out of side control. I just don't see the 1st round as 10-8 McGeary. As soon as I heard that first score, I knew he won.

I hope the buy rate tonight is incredibly low. I'm talking sub 150k buys... I'd be a pig in #### if the rate was somehow under 100k, but that feels impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread