What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (5 Viewers)

Because he's from a violent country where you can't expect to say #### about someone's family, religious beliefs, attack your friends, and  then think it's going to be patty-cake afterwards?
Seems excessive to do at a moment like that. Arena full of people and just kicking McGregor's ### and all. 

Amazing.

I hate the non-sanctioned fighting, but the UFC "survived" the black eye of the bus incident. I think they'll be okay after this as well.

Dana White and Co. should bear most of the blame here. They used the bus footage in their promotions and clearly encourage heat during staredowns. You can't crank that up for weeks/months and expect it to never blow up.

The three members of Khabib's team that jumped the fence and went after Connor have been arrested.  

They were released as Connor refused to press charges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nevada State Athletic commission is withholding Khabib's purse pending further investigation.  They've taken all the tapes of the event.

Nevada State Athletic commission is withholding Khabib's purse pending further investigation.  They've taken all the tapes of the event.
what a crock of ####. Just as good as the UFC not punishing Conner at all for the bus incident and blaming it all on the legal system. If you want to hold a purse, hold both guys. Just b.s.

what a crock of ####. Just as good as the UFC not punishing Conner at all for the bus incident and blaming it all on the legal system. If you want to hold a purse, hold both guys. Just b.s.
Wasn't UFC's decision.  NSAC withheld both purses until reviewing the initial footage and interviewing Connor.   Once they did that the NSAC released Connor's purse.  Khabib is gonna have trouble getting his released IMO.  Connor should've been suspended for the bus incident, but that has no bearing on the commission's decision tonight.

Wasn't UFC's decision.  NSAC withheld both purses until reviewing the initial footage and interviewing Connor.   Once they did that the NSAC released Connor's purse.  Khabib is gonna have trouble getting his released IMO.  Connor should've been suspended for the bus incident, but that has no bearing on the commission's decision tonight.
ehh, NSAC and UFC are more than just common acquaintances. The preferential treatment is what leads to most of these issues. Like Fergusson pointed out, he got his belt pulled after being out for 4 months. Conner holds 2 belts for 2 years without 1 title defense. 

ETA: mind you, the NSAC is also the commission that works with Mayweather. we want to talk shenanigans or preferential treatment.....

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't a random audience member.  The guy he went after was Conor's jiujitsu coach Dillon Danis.   lots of legit heat between camps and #### talking aplenty.  
will be interesting if Danis gets anything. like @KnowledgeReignsSupreme pointed out, i forgot about Conner jumping in the cage at Bellator and challenging the ref. Danis has seen McGreggor's success and trying to do the same. 

i mean it was just a matter of time before something like this happened. Let guys run their mouths and use it in all the promo videos, UFC shouldn't be surprised when something like this blows up

Very short comments from Khabib.

"This is a respect sport, not a trash-talking sport.  Putin called me and congratulated me.  Sorry Nevada, Sorry Las Vegas. Undefeated, undisputed UFC LW champ.  Alhamdulillah"

It's amazing how fast Tony Ferguson came back from his injury, and dominated Pettis.  I hope we see him back before the end of the year.  Khabib obviously is the fight, but i will believe it when I see it.

Al Iaquinta was also a big winner last night.  He looked much better than Conner as a last minute fill in, and he had only been training to go 3 rounds.

It's amazing how fast Tony Ferguson came back from his injury, and dominated Pettis.  I hope we see him back before the end of the year.  Khabib obviously is the fight, but i will believe it when I see it.

Al Iaquinta was also a big winner last night.  He looked much better than Conner as a last minute fill in, and he had only been training to go 3 rounds.
Ferguson dominated Pettis??  You must have had a different feed than I had. 

He had him backed up the majority of the fight and was significantly outstriking him.  Pettis looked good for s little while in the 2nd but it was short lived.
If you want to say that Ferguson was the aggressor, I'll go along with that. But that was the very definition of a back-and-forth fight before Pettis broke his hand. It was certainly no domination.

JuniorNB said:
If you want to say that Ferguson was the aggressor, I'll go along with that. But that was the very definition of a back-and-forth fight before Pettis broke his hand. It was certainly no domination.
Disagree, Ferguson was up 2 rounds to 0 and Pettis did some grandstanding to make it look like he was in the fight. (Both during and after felt manufactured to me)

There was a brief minute where Pettis had him hurt, but it was short lived

Users who are viewing this thread