What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (2 Viewers)

Stiiiiiipe! 

Did DC even attempt once to get it back to the mat after round 1? Ouch. He must be a gambler outside the ring. Stipe even tried a few shots and trips. 

I wish Diaz / Pettis was 5.  If anyone can finish Nate early it's Showtime, but I don't see it happening tonight.  Either a split or decision to Pettis imo.  Only way Nate finishes someone early is with a sub, and Pettis ground game is pretty good.  I can't wait.  I wonder if Nick corners?

I have Yoel & Cormier in the other two mains.
:lmao:

The People's Champ

I'll never understand how a successful company like the UFC has no idea how, or for some reason refuses, to promote their best.  Maybe it's just a new age UFC thing.  Who couldn't relate to this guy?  

There's was no way I could have stayed up to watch this mornings UFC show, especially on the west coast. But I wish I could have seen Zhang Weili smash Andrade live. Had I known, I would have tuned in for a minute then gone back to bed.

There's was no way I could have stayed up to watch this mornings UFC show, especially on the west coast. But I wish I could have seen Zhang Weili smash Andrade live. Had I known, I would have tuned in for a minute then gone back to bed.
I was pretty sweet. I was waiting for my brother to pick me up when the fight was starting. I figured I would see the first round if I was lucky. Didn’t expect to see the whole fight. 

That Crap Hole country didn't have a single female in the audience.  Bad move by UFC and ESPN to bow down to the almighty dollar and go to a repressive Muslim country in my opinion.

Dustin didn't deserve that fight despite me liking him as a fighter.  He beat a featherweight and gets a title shot?  Max gets beat by 8 to 10 guys in that division imo.

The Alvarez win looks less impressive at the present time.  

Until Khabib faces Tony he is still suspect.  The only true challenger.   I think Gathje can take him as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
This take is suspect.
What wins makes Khabib better than Tony?  He choked out a couple of stand up guys.  Big deal.  Iaquinta did better than Dustin or McGregor because he has a wrestling backround, like Tony & Gathje.  I'm just saying matchup wise Khabib had 2 easy title defenses.  Until he beats a guy that can actually wrestle he is still suspect.  Barboza, Michael Johnson, Conner, Dustin...  What do they all have in common?  Stand up.

Women are allowed to attend sporting events in the UAE. Dunno how many were there, maybe they're smart and realize that sports are dumb?
UAE is way better than the other Muslim countries but they are all extremely repressive towards women.  It's the culture, and there isn't much of a debate about that part.  The debate imo is whether "westernization" like having UFC events there will eventually lead to a better environment for women.  Sorry should probably take that to political forum just my 2cents.  Probably shouldn't have brought politics into this thread at all my fault.  

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe they're smart and realize that sports are dumb?
You do have to wonder how many if the females you see near the cage in US are actually into the fights or just there because thats the thing to do at the time.  I do know the dudes are super into MMA in the middle East and they have the big bjj tourney there, but just odd the crowd seemed ALL male.

UAE is way better than the other Muslim countries but they are all extremely repressive towards women.  It's the culture, and there isn't much of a debate about that part.  The debate imo is whether "westernization" like having UFC events there will eventually lead to a better environment for women.  Sorry should probably take that to political forum just my 2cents.  Probably shouldn't have brought politics into this thread at ally fault.  
It won't. It's good PR for countries like UAE or Saudi Arabia (for Ruiz-Joshua II), and in turn the promoters get a truckload of money. I think the term of art for this is "sports-washing."

It's all pretty gross, but the US has ranged from willfully ignorant to actively complicit in a lot of it. Our current administration didn't seem particularly bothered by a journalist getting murdered and dismembered by a government he was critical of. :shrug:

Ouch, Justin swings a powerful hammer.
Very impressive finishing streak for Gathje.  Only Tony & Khabib are in front of him at this point.  He has done everything right since hisbtwo early losses in the UFC.  He has been pretty active but now things are going to get bottlenecked unless Khabib takes a fight in Dec. Or Jan.

Very impressive finishing streak for Gathje.  Only Tony & Khabib are in front of him at this point.  He has done everything right since hisbtwo early losses in the UFC.  He has been pretty active but now things are going to get bottlenecked unless Khabib takes a fight in Dec. Or Jan.
6 fights in UFC and every single one of them has been either Fight of the Night or Performance of the Night, or both.  Very impressive.  No wonder the guy is a main event magnet.

Is anyone watching this fiasco is Mexico City?
Yair blatantly scratches Steven's eye in the first 10 seconds of the fight. The fight is stopped and the crowd start throwing bottles. What a traveshamockery. :lmao:  

Users who are viewing this thread