Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
AhrnCityPahnder

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title

I love these guys that thank the lord and thank jesus because those guys are all about seeing how hard you can knock a guy out.  lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I love these guys that thank the lord and thank jesus because those guys are all about seeing how hard you can knock a guy out.  lol

For real, so great. They also love to cal out the judges and don’t care about ####.

This co main has been amazing through one! I feel like we are watching 115 lb female mike tysons

Joanna's forehead is swole something fierce

• Like 2

This may be the best UFC match I’ve ever watched 

• Like 1

Just now, Wingnut said:

Joanna's forehead is swole something fierce

She looks like a Klingon.  that is nasty

• Like 2

DC: that was right on the button...right on that thing on her forehead.

:lmao:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

I’m waiting for Russell Crowe to walk out and ask if we are not entertained!!

Mother of god.  Joanna doesn't even look human.

The toughness in these ladies is off the charts!

And watch, after that the men’s fight will be under 2 mins. Dang Joanna got messed up. 

I think that was the greatest fight I've ever watched

• Like 1

I've seen some bad hematoma's before, there was one heavyweight boxer that had a nasty one, but this Johanna one is unbelievable

• Like 1

I agree with the decision,  Champ won the last 2 rounds so unless you can say Johanna won the 1st three without a doubt it's the Champ winning

Just now, Penguin said:

I've seen some bad hematoma's before, there was one heavyweight boxer that had a nasty one, but this Johanna one is unbelievable

I have seen bigger in terms of depth but I have never seen one so wide,  It is her entire forehead!

Just now, Penguin said:

I agree with the decision,  Champ won the last 2 rounds so unless you can say Johanna won the 1st three without a doubt it's the Champ winning

We all won including the translator!!!

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)

The Rogan comment about Johanna looking like Frankenstein is accurate, even from side views her face was so distorted

ETA: Watching the interview, there's a good pint of blood or so in that thing and that nose looks like the Mississippi river

Edited by Penguin

I really hope Romero gets KO'd

Jesus were there even 10 punches thrown round one?

We went from the greatest title fight to the worst ever

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Penguin said:

We went from the greatest title fight to the worst ever

Well to be fair it’s the difference between 2 fighters that can throw 600 strikes without knockout power and 2 that can knock you out in 1.

2 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Well to be fair it’s the difference between 2 fighters that can throw 600 strikes without knockout power and 2 that can knock you out in 1.

I changed my mind, this fight sucks 

Horrible fight. Was like watching point sparring. 

I’m hoping when Costa comes back, he doesn’t sit back and let Adesanya get away with this. 

Romero’s shtick belongs in wwe, dude can’t make weight and when he does he doesn’t do ####.

=======================

UFC Fight Night: Ngannou vs. Rozenstruik, originally scheduled for Saturday, March 28, at Nationwide Arena, in Columbus, Ohio, will be relocated following the State of Ohio’s ban on large gatherings of 100 or more.  In addition, UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Harris, originally scheduled for Saturday, April 11 at Moda Center in Portland, Oregon, will be relocated following the State of Oregon’s ban on large public gatherings of 250 or more. These events will now take place in UFC APEX in Las Vegas on the same dates, Saturday, March 28, and Saturday, April 11, respectively. Both events will proceed with only essential personnel in attendance and without spectators. 

• Like 1

Lots in here besides this weekends card. But no mention of Khabib/Tony in April. A little too far out to speculate I assume.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/mixed-martial-arts/ufc-coronavirus-brazil-ohio-london-1.42906216

Saturday's UFC event in Brasilia, Brazil, will be held without fans in attendance. It will now air on the ESPN network as well as stream on ESPN+. The start time was moved up from 5 p.m. Eastern to 3 p.m.

27 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Lots in here besides this weekends card. But no mention of Khabib/Tony in April. A little too far out to speculate I assume.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/mixed-martial-arts/ufc-coronavirus-brazil-ohio-london-1.42906216

Saturday's UFC event in Brasilia, Brazil, will be held without fans in attendance. It will now air on the ESPN network as well as stream on ESPN+. The start time was moved up from 5 p.m. Eastern to 3 p.m.

ESPN is dying for any live sport to air now

42 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

This is the fight I'm worried about. Really excited for it but what can ya do. 

Glad I never got too hyped for Kabib v Tony.  I'm considering it off.  If it somehow goes down I'll be pleasantly surprised.  But I won't believe it's happening till they touch gloves (or not) in the center of the octagon.  

Posted (edited)

SRS reporting tonight's Bellator card is postponed.

@arielhelwani

Tonight’s Bellator event at Mohegan Sun in CT has been postponed due to the threat of the coronavirus, per sources. The fights will be rescheduled at a future time. The promotion will make an announcement shortly, I’m told. First reported by  @SeanRossSapp

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

15 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

Oh, and Kevin Lee missed weight. LOL what a dummy.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:10 PM, NewlyRetired said:

=======================

UFC Fight Night: Ngannou vs. Rozenstruik, originally scheduled for Saturday, March 28, at Nationwide Arena, in Columbus, Ohio, will be relocated following the State of Ohio’s ban on large gatherings of 100 or more.  In addition, UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Harris, originally scheduled for Saturday, April 11 at Moda Center in Portland, Oregon, will be relocated following the State of Oregon’s ban on large public gatherings of 250 or more. These events will now take place in UFC APEX in Las Vegas on the same dates, Saturday, March 28, and Saturday, April 11, respectively. Both events will proceed with only essential personnel in attendance and without spectators. 

Was going to that :kicksrock:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Widbil83 said:

Johnny Walker isn’t going to hose us again is he? 

Good to see he'll be back in action quickly.

The empty arena doesn't seem that odd since the announcers are pretty loud. But it's early and it feels similar to normal early prelims.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EYLive said:

The empty arena doesn't seem that odd since the announcers are pretty loud. But it's early and it feels similar to normal early prelims.

I agree, definitely feels like your typical Prelims. 

With the exception of the clearly empty ring-side seats, it' not much different than the typical UFC broadcast with the illuminated Octagon and crowd seating darkened.

At least we have some type of live sports on.  I imagine this will be the last UFC we see for awhile.

Kevin Lee getting strangled by Oliviera makes me happy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Next 3 UFC events postponed.

Khabib vs. Ferguson still on for April 18. Dana says "it will happen"

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL