What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

I think that ref might not get a title fight any time soon.  I am sure Dana White is pissed that fight was stopped at 32 seconds. 

Who the f is this Robyn Black mma analyst guy on ESPN?   ESPN bringing out all the big guns for this event.   
I thought ESPN did a pretty good job promoting the main event in comparison to Fox. (Granted 1st event....let's see if it continues)

Simply can't take ESPN's presentation of this seriously when they're trotting out Stephen A's FN tired ### schtick. Sh!t got old what seems like at least a decade ago. Chris Bermanesque at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought ESPN did a pretty good job promoting the main event in comparison to Fox. (Granted 1st event....let's see if it continues)

Simply can't take ESPN's presentation of this seriously when they're trotting out Stephen A's FN tired ### schtick. Sh!t got old what seems like at least a decade ago. Chris Bermanesque at this point.
They bring Trevor Whitman to do a bit of commentary. Why not have him on screen instead of Smith? Makes no sense.

I'm not a doctor, but I sound like one on the internet.

You can not drop 15 lbs of body mass and expect to take on the greatest 125 lb wrestler in history.  You can not properly re-hydrate that percentage of body weight in that amount of time without an iv, its just science. TJ looked like skeletor out there.

And before you say, its only a 10 lb difference, that's the reason you know what you know, and I know what I know.

At least the Cerrone fight was good.  Hardy made a mistake, but it's one that a vet like Eddie Alvarez made vs Dustin Porier not too long ago.  It sucks, but it happens.  At least we got to see a fight for more than a split second like the main event.  I think Hardy would have probably lost a decision anyways.

Cejudo reminded me of one of those twin animal creatures from Nacho Libre.  He was mauling TJ, but an early stoppage for sure.  I think if they made the fight again at either weight, Cejudo is a favorite.

Great head kick!  Cerrone such a well rounded fighter.  https://youtu.be/vIFumHNF_I0

Hernandez was actually making an effort to get up, so one can argue this could have been an early stoppage as well.  He took 1 shot undefended, but then started going for cowboys leg.  I agree with the stoppage as he was clearly going to lose after that, and it was a big blow.  Credit to Hernandez for not melting into the mat like James Vick / Gathje.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Great head kick!  Cerrone such a well rounded fighter.  https://youtu.be/vIFumHNF_I0

Hernandez was actually making an effort to get up, so one can argue this could have been an early stoppage as well.  He took 1 shot undefended, but then started going for cowboys leg.  I agree with the stoppage as he was clearly going to lose after that, and it was a big blow.  Credit to Hernandez for not melting into the mat like James Vick / Gathje.
Seriously though, why on any planet was Hernandez given better odds against Cerrone than McGregor was when their matchup was rumored a couple months back?

Someone must have left the caps off their markers that day.

Btw, what happened to Cerrone's place in the UFC where he's now not even on the main event card?   
They wanted him to headline the first ufc event on ESPN.  They actually did right by him for agreeing to take on a prospect like Hernandez.  Now they should do right by everyone and book him and McGregor.

They wanted him to headline the first ufc event on ESPN.  They actually did right by him for agreeing to take on a prospect like Hernandez.  Now they should do right by everyone and book him and McGregor.
Ah, that makes sense.  He was headlining the free event.   

Say what you want about the guy, but Michael Bisping is the most knowlegable analysis in the business.  He is rarely wrong about how a fight is going to go down.

Rogan and Cormier are great at selling storylines, and Cruz is better than any cornerman explaining what adjustments fighters need to make to change the momentum of the fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you want about the guy, but Michael Bisping is the most knowlegable analysis in the business.  He is rarely wrong about how a fight is going to go down.

Rogan and Cormier are great at selling storylines, and Cruz is the better than any cornerman explaining what adjustments fighters need to make to change the momentum of the fight.
Agreed.

Brian Stann was really good at explaining things well to the common man as well.

Glad to see TJ Dillashaw is being so humble in defeat. Truly a great human being

Agreed.

Brian Stann was really good at explaining things well to the common man as well.

Glad to see TJ Dillashaw is being so humble in defeat. Truly a great human being
But let's see him fight Holloway! 🤣🤣🤣

Dumbest thing I've heard out of uncle Dana's mouth and that takes a lot.

Agreed.

Stann was the man, great commentator, and a darn fine human being.

I just saw this odd stat on TJ

=======

Won his first 4 fights and then lost

Won his next 4 fights and then lost

Won his next 4 fights and then lost

Won his next 4 fights and then lost (Cejudo).

Canceled my espn+ trial via telephone because I wanted to voice my displeasure with the business plan (he actually directed me to Amazon to cancel it).  All you have to do is turn the subscription back on next week if you want to.  

After he got my reasoning.....all I got was -- Ok I understand, just so you know, ESPN+ is owned by Disney and they made the decisions.

I mean, that's the best thing they could come up with for customer support people to say?  ESPN support is blaming their majority boss?

I told him that's fine, but it doesn't really matter to me who made the decision, all the companies are intertwined and have stake in the UFC contract.  I also said FOX didn't have any issues the last 8 years without a pay subscription...to which he said - No, no they did not, you are definitely right on that. 

lol

:lmao:  One single post about yesterday's card.

-Fun main card. I was hoping mostly for quick finishes so I could get some sleep, and I got them. Johnny Walker and Slim Charles are so awesome, and Demian did what he'll likely be able to do to fools until the day he dies. BolsonAldo and Marlon are dead to me, but at least they helped my sleep. 

Users who are viewing this thread