What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (4 Viewers)

:lmao: Dillashaw

That Garbrandt had specifically mentioned Dillashaw using EPO in the past is delicious. Also love that Garbrandt tweeted the addendum that his own losses were due to him fighting like a #######, not to PEDs. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  

Oops

Another note in Dillashaw's EPO case, USADA went back and re-analyzed a test submitted on Dec. 28, and that also come back positive for EPO. The reason it went undetected initially, is that a special test is required to reveal EPO, and that test is not run on every single sample.

Dillashaw given 2 year suspension. Effectively ending his UFC career.
Nah man,  No way Garbrandt isn't taking that fight Jan 2021.  Cody going to Cody.

Cody's last tweet was the first self-aware thing that I've heard from him so maybe the Munhoz loss is what he needed to reset his career.

Nah man,  No way Garbrandt isn't taking that fight Jan 2021.  Cody going to Cody.

Cody's last tweet was the first self-aware thing that I've heard from him so maybe the Munhoz loss is what he needed to reset his career.
You know Scott Coker is already creaming his stretchy jeans thinking about a Garbrandt vs Dillashaw 3 in 2022. 

Kevlin looks like a small child next to Israel at the weigh ins. Good lord.

Not sure if this just started but looks like UFC/ESPN+ offering packaged deal to order their UFC 236 PPV this weekend. $79 gets you UFC236 + year subscription to ESPN+. 

Can someone explain the illegal heel kick from the back? You can upkick to your opponents head but can’t use your heel? 

I watched some prelims but dozed off for a bit watched the early main card.  Sounds like I need to go watch the roundtree fight.

Woke up right as the co-main was starting... glad I did! 

The hand speed in the first 2 rounds of stylebender/KG was just stupid.  I thought a couple times I was having buffer issues where sometimes the video speeds up to rsync with realtime.  That fight was so good.  And Whittaker/Styelbender is an amazing fight...cant wait.  

Glad to see poirier get a belt finally.  Gotta respect the path and his grit.  Khabob will still #### on him' though. 

We better see ElCucuy - khabob at some point.

We better see ElCucuy - khabob at some point.
I don't see how this elevates Porier's stock too much.  So is the case when you take on a guy coming up a weight class.  Max's stock doesn't drop at all imo., and may have even gone up. He showed he has a great chin and confirmed the still puts pressure for 5 rnds.  

Imo, this is exactly why Tony, despite saying on Twitter he wanted the Max fight, should not have taken it.  He wouldn't have gained much.

Great problem to have at the top of 155!  Khabib, Tony, Dustin the front runners.  Gathje and whoever wins Iaquinta/Cerrone are right behind that.  Connor & Nate are wildcards that could probably get a money fight with any of these guys at some point.

2 great championship fights. That Dustin-Max fight is the fight of the year. Damn, why can’t everyone fight like those guys?

I don't see how this elevates Porier's stock too much.  So is the case when you take on a guy coming up a weight class.  Max's stock doesn't drop at all imo., and may have even gone up. He showed he has a great chin and confirmed the still puts pressure for 5 rnds.  

Imo, this is exactly why Tony, despite saying on Twitter he wanted the Max fight, should not have taken it.  He wouldn't have gained much.

Great problem to have at the top of 155!  Khabib, Tony, Dustin the front runners.  Gathje and whoever wins Iaquinta/Cerrone are right behind that.  Connor & Nate are wildcards that could probably get a money fight with any of these guys at some point.
I think the sentiment is that Max's long term health is in jeopardy staying at 145.  Dustin is broad for 145,  but it wasn't like Max was undersized for the fight.  Still scary that there is no explanation for Max "stroking out" and getting pulled from the Khabib fight last year.

St. Petersburg event wasn't too bad. I'd recommend watching the main event and the Makhachev vs Tsarukyan fight was great with excellent grappling.

St. Petersburg event wasn't too bad. I'd recommend watching the main event and the Makhachev vs Tsarukyan fight was great with excellent grappling.
I almost thought Olenick was going to end it with an Ezekiel in the beginning of the match, didn't look like it phased Overeem though.  Olenick is a one trick pony.  It looks like he goes for the choke quite a bit standing up, but then he clearly got winded throwing so much.  It looked like Overeem had a solid game plan and stuck to it.  He knew the knees would be there.  It's like Olenick had no other strategy but to try and smother him with punches and hope to choke him.  But the huge punches took more out of him than Overeem.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a really fun card tonight.  Good style matchups and all the main card was exciting.  

Great showing from Hermansson, I thought this was gonna be a step too big for him and he proved me completely wrong.  

Teixeira is just one tough SOB.  I thought he was done after that first round but he came back and just took over the 2nd round.  What's the intel on that Cutelaba guy he fought?  I didnt recognize him but he was a tornado in the first round. Very good power/speed combo.  

:lol: Fitch-McDonald ends in draw (zzzz fight but thought Fitch won). Tournament rules indicate McDonald advances :lol: because it is considered a successful title defense.

McDonald really sounded like he didn't want to fight anymore.

Another pretty good night of fights.

Sandhagen looked really good.

Cutelaba literally could not have less jiu-jitsu.

Why Jacare didn't keep ripping the body in the fourth is beyond me.

Raging Al looking like raging punching bag.
It looked like it could go either way until that front kick to the face.  Cowboy was too big and Al couldn't figure out how to close the distance.  The kicks made the difference.  Good job by Al going the distance, he got his butt woopeed in there tonight and couldn't even stand up at there end.  He caught Cowboy with a few good shots but Cowboy looked like a giant in there.

Haven't seen a slam KO like that in a while. Rose needed to let go of that arm to keep from getting spiked through the canvas.

Haven't seen a slam KO like that in a while. Rose needed to let go of that arm to keep from getting spiked through the canvas.
Besides that, the card lived up to the low expectations I had.  The ppv sales for this one may be worse than the last one, that they had the ESPN + problems with.  Silva & Aldo were the big names, but the guys they went up against weren't well known.  The past several ESPN + main events have been better than all the fights on the past 2 PPV (Stylebender / Gastelum was good).

BJ Penn is now 1-9-1 in the UFC since his win over Diego Sanchez in Dec2009.  He now holds the UFC record with 7 consecutive losses. 

Sucks to see Silva go out like this.  But, also sucked to have him take this fight at all.   

Over in Bellator, Douglas Lima gave MVP a ClevelandBusDriver ("you goin ta jail now!!") uppercut KO.   Good grief.   Go watch the highlight.  I've been a longtime conductor for the Lima hype train, but sure looks like hes gonna be facing Rory in the finals of this tourney.    :sadbanana:

Only caught the main card last night but between that and Belly, we had a decent night.

Life is really getting in the way of my combat sports viewing. IDK how I used to find the time.

Users who are viewing this thread