What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (6 Viewers)

I really felt bad for the guy during those final two minutes, thinking that Goddard could have stopped it any time. 

That final punch at the bell   :shock:
I thought his ear was going to burst and cause me to puke. 

These big boys are throwing bombs and good night Tafa!

Those looking to stream, Google "vipbox ufc". You'll have to click to close a couple of ads/tabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imo, reach was the determining factor in the main and Hooker/Iaquinta.  Bad fight for Al to take after coming off an L to another taller guy in Cowboy.  He had some success, but it's hard to close the distance.  Whitaker was having the same problem.  You gotta close the distance somehow, and Israel ended up timing it right for a second knockdown & finish.  The stylebender era has begun and it's going to be a fun ride.  This guy has all the swagger in the world and and backs it up.  Romero couldn't do in 10 rounds was Israel did in 2.  Costa should be a good challenger but the division has plenty of talent.  He was also calling out Jon Jones so that could always be a thing.  Jon Jones would choke him out.

Mike Davis just delivered one of the worst beatings I've seen against Thomas Gifford. The guy was brutalizing a punching bag for 15 minutes.

Didn't even know that this UFC event was on tonight.

Sure wished Greg Hardy would have gotten KO'd.

The Yair-Stephens 1st round was awesome.

He looked gas.  Dude was running.  Him and the corner knew it was cheating.  He needed it.
According to ESPN' story they asked the commissioner on site if they could use it and they supposedly got the ok.  The obvious mistake was not getting it approved in writing before the fight though.

Although the ESPN story said Hardy did list the inhaler on all his paperwork for the various organizations and uses it every day.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27875921/greg-hardy-win-vs-ben-sosoli-changed-no-contest-amid-inhaler-controversy

Does it help people without asthma? I thought it was just medication.
I think so, some may have steroids in them but I'm not sure.  I know some are prescription, and I thought it was because they had a little uppers in then or something. Obviously I'm not a medical professional, I'm sure there will be 10 MMA re-bloggers breaking this down for us during the week 

hmm, am I nuts or could this actually work?

========================

@Grabaka_Hitman

Niko Price says he's trying to implement soccer kicks into his game (under the Unified Rules) by lifting his opponent's feet off the ground to make them do a handstand, and THEN kicking them in the face. Said he even asked a ref, who approved.

NewlyRetired said:
hmm, am I nuts or could this actually work?

========================

@Grabaka_Hitman

Niko Price says he's trying to implement soccer kicks into his game (under the Unified Rules) by lifting his opponent's feet off the ground to make them do a handstand, and THEN kicking them in the face. Said he even asked a ref, who approved.
:oldunsure:

Kind of makes sense.

Junior Dos Santos dropped out of the upcoming Alexander Volkov fight in Russia and has been replaced with Greg Hardy.

This is going to be a large step up in competition for Hardy on a super short turn around.

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani

According to a source close to the situation, Nate Diaz HAS NOT been provisionally suspended at this time. There is increased optimism this fight won’t be canceled after all, however, hurdles still remain. Developing.

But it sounds like Nate is pulling himself out of the fight cuz he's pissed and insulted that he failed any type of test. 

Ariel Helwani

@arielhelwani

If you read Diaz’s statement, which I have now I think 100 times, there is something rather endearing about it. He has always been anti-PED and doesn’t feel comfortable with any suggestion whatsoever that he’s a cheater. There’s a chance until this is cleared he may sit out, too.

USADA tested Nate's supplements and found they were contaminated. UFC won't suspend him and cleared him of any violations. I guess we have a fight?

And now lots of fighters are speaking up about preferential treatment by USADA and the UFC to clear big name fighters. They have a damn good point.

Why doesn't the UFC start making its own supplements?   It's apparent the industry has had contamination issues for a while now.  It would be a win win for everybody.  Fred Flintstone better watch out, nobody is gonna buy his crap when Brock Leaner is on a bottle of vitamins.

I think Maia beats Askren. Ben is still unproven to me in the UFC and Maia is the bigger guy.  I think Maia has him in standup and Ben won't finish be able to finish him if he take shim down.

Users who are viewing this thread