What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

I actually want to see this fight.  If anyone has a stream, please PM me.  I think they cracked down big time on my usual, go-to reddit mma stream thread.  
I go to bed early so for ppv events generally DL torrents and watch the next morning.  UFC is proactive about stopping streams & reporting on YouTube.  I doubt that bkfc will be and the fight will likely be all over YouTube immediately.  I have had success finding live streams on periscope by searching "fight" .    I think UFCust search for "UFC" because I didn't have luck searching on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
This bare knuckle PPV is borrrrring.

Main event starting in a minute but so far it's been way less entertaining than UFC.

I am amped up for this JDS/Ngannou main event. 

I still get a little uneasy with JDS fights...that dude has taken some damage over the years and NGannou is not a dude you want to slip up with.  Ask Reem. 

But, hes more rounded and a more technically sound boxer than FN is. And proving me   a worrywart,  he has looked good in his past few fights and not taken too many hits. 

Should be good!

Awesome interview by Helwani here with Diego Sanchez.  He was with Jackson / Wink for a while and recently split.  In a wrestling promo style, Diego goes deep into his entire career.  The guy definitely seems like he has a screw loose but most UFC fighters probably do.  It sounds to me like he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and may not have done all of the right things in his life/career.  His own stubbornness may have kept him in this rut.  However, it sounds like he might have finally figured things out.  I have heard Jackson, Wink MMA was a ton of heavy sparring.  And Diego was the guy who made the place.  Maybe going rounds with everyone in the gym for the past few decades wasn't the best approach for Diego, who was quick to claim he doesn't have cte.  He mentioned a new focus on movement and he is working with a single trainer.

https://youtu.be/DpMw4WGSrXo

Awesome interview by Helwani here with Diego Sanchez.  He was with Jackson / Wink for a while and recently split.  In a wrestling promo style, Diego goes deep into his entire career.  The guy definitely seems like he has a screw loose but most UFC fighters probably do.  It sounds to me like he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and may not have done all of the right things in his life/career.  His own stubbornness may have kept him in this rut.  However, it sounds like he might have finally figured things out.  I have heard Jackson, Wink MMA was a ton of heavy sparring.  And Diego was the guy who made the place.  Maybe going rounds with everyone in the gym for the past few decades wasn't the best approach for Diego, who was quick to claim he doesn't have cte.  He mentioned a new focus on movement and he is working with a single trainer.

https://youtu.be/DpMw4WGSrXo

I have never been a fan of Diego the person...and I thought he was given some pretty dicey decisions over the years...but cant not respect the dude as a fighter.  Goes full tilt and is never involved in boring fights.  

That new trainer hes working with Josh Fabia...oof.  he sounds like a total fruitcake / snake oil salesman to me.  But, as weird as Diego is, maybe it's a good fit for him.  Who am I to argue with the power of YES!

Josh Fabia: 

“What I’ve done is I’ve revived ancient wisdom with modern technology,” Fabia told MMA Junkie. “It’s very unique; it’s very different. I have my own message. It is not like anything else out there. I’m addressing things that start at the time of earth and last to the day you die. So, yes, I have valuable martial and combative context to help Diego (with MMA), but on another level. I’m teaching him how to control himself and how to become aware of himself by becoming aware of everything around him.

“What I’m trying to show you is, you can invest the time and energy in yourself and create yourself into something special. You can enhance your senses. You can create an energy in you that is non-comparable by anybody else.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/07/ufc-239-meet-diego-sanchez-lone-cornerman-josh-fabia

:unsure:

And, what's the feel for Masvidal/Askren? 

I'm REALLY looking forward to this one.  :popcorn:
From the looks of the polls I have seen this is the fight fans want to see the most.  Askren is still an enigma in the UFC imo because of the whole Lawler ending.  I think Masvidal is pretty well rounded, and held his own vs Damian Maia on the ground.  But 3 rounds is short, and Askren will win if he lays on him for 8 minutes.  I hope there are some strikes landed before it goes to the ground.  Askren showed he can take a hit last fight.

And, what's the feel for Masvidal/Askren? 

I'm REALLY looking forward to this one.  :popcorn:
Betonline has Masvidal at +185. I think that's great value. He kinda got held down by Maia, but as I recall the fight could have gone either way. Askren is a lot different on how he closes the distance than Maia (who is a better pressure fighter than people give him credit for). 

My point being, Askren does a lot of body lock or throws for takedown wrestling. Good luck closing the distance on Masvidal. It's not easy.

Betonline has Masvidal at +185. I think that's great value. He kinda got held down by Maia, but as I recall the fight could have gone either way. Askren is a lot different on how he closes the distance than Maia (who is a better pressure fighter than people give him credit for). 

My point being, Askren does a lot of body lock or throws for takedown wrestling. Good luck closing the distance on Masvidal. It's not easy.
I agree he's a good risk at +185.  I hadn't looked at odds but this is almost a pick 'em fight for me.  Maybe I'm leaning slightly towards Askren ... but Masvidal is a tough draw for everyone in that weight class.   Agree with the point about Masvidal's range and distance management and on top of that -- He's a hard guy to take down (I'm sure Askren can take him down) but once he's down he's a really hard guy to keep down.   

I can easily see Askren's top game with some GnP getting Askren a decision but I'd be very surprised if he finishes Jorge.   

I can see Jorge ending this fight with strikes or rocking him with strikes and then catching him in a sub.  

Very fun fight on paper!  

Canceled my fight channel subscription a while back (right after the Barboza/Gaethje card), so my UFC viewing has been super limited, but cool fights at the top of the card tonight. The Brazilians...eh, again, their political inclinations make it hard for me to root for them anymore, but I do feel Marreta has an honest-to-goodness shot at a quick finish. Wouldn't bet on him in a long fight though.

I am rooting hard for Masvidal, though. Dude's such a g, and Askren is among the corniest dudes in MMA. It's absolutely possible for Askren to grind out a win in the ground game, but Masvidal's ridiculously tough and well-rounded. 

Heart is saying Masvidal mind is saying Askren.

BTW, ESPN is rolling with Helwani/Bisping/Sonnen.  Pretty solid commenting crew right there, I don't think that's going to be all night, but that's who is on right now.

I agree he's a good risk at +185.  I hadn't looked at odds but this is almost a pick 'em fight for me.  Maybe I'm leaning slightly towards Askren ... but Masvidal is a tough draw for everyone in that weight class.   Agree with the point about Masvidal's range and distance management and on top of that -- He's a hard guy to take down (I'm sure Askren can take him down) but once he's down he's a really hard guy to keep down.   

I can easily see Askren's top game with some GnP getting Askren a decision but I'd be very surprised if he finishes Jorge.   

I can see Jorge ending this fight with strikes or rocking him with strikes and then catching him in a sub.  

Very fun fight on paper!  
you talked to me into giving him a shot Ahrn, glad you did  :hifive:

"You guys are welcome, for ending that dude"

Masvidal is a BMF.  Still not sure he has what it takes to get a belt, but I will be cheering like mad along the way for him to do it. 

Users who are viewing this thread