AhrnCityPahnder

UFC wagering: UFC 219: Werdum vs Edmond

24,076 posts in this topic

Zombie vs Poirier slated for UFC on FUEL 3. Should be a good one.

Very nice. Big fan of both.
hell yeah, great fight (for some reason I had completely forgotten about KZ demolishing Hominick).

so i have to say, i'm not really a fan of the Fuel team. i like all the guys, but tonight they just seemed quite annoying. i think the biggest thing was i constantly felt like they were trying to sell everything. filled with whatever cliches they could pull, with Florian and Glazer being the worst. Makes me appreciate Rogan more. and i'm pretty sure Glazer is the worst, i'll keep trying with him, but he is tough to put up with. am i off here?

No Glazer is the absolute worst, unbearable. Words can't even describe.

Why wasn't this 5 rounds? :confused:

good question - would have been even better if it had been.

but I saw on Sherdog this morning that Dana came out after last night and said it was a mistake not to make the Fuel main events 5 rounds, and that they would change that going forward.

I thought it was a good decision, but if it had gone five rounds Jake might have been in trouble cardio-wise. Sanchez is such a goofy bastard, but the guy's heart is unreal - I've been hating on him for a while now, but last night he finally won me over.

The vampire hunter routine coming into the cage was a nice touch, too - dude was serious about warding off any corn-fed haters intent on taking his mojo.

If that was a a 5 rounder. Diego would have taken the decision. Ellenberger looked like he broke his right hand sometime during the 2nd round, maybe even during that final flurry. I don't think he even closed it during the 3rd round, let alone threw a strike with it. As much as I like Ellenberger and adore his power at 170, I don't think he has anything to offer Condit. He is strictly a two round fighter. I know he took the last fight with 8 days notice and barely lost the split decision, but I just don't think he has the fuel. Would love the payouts on a late round finish by Condit and and easy hedge with Ellenberger in the 1st. Still, willing to bet it is announced his hand suffered major damage and he will be on the shelf for awhile. Hopefully that means Hendricks gets a shot when he runs over Koscheck. If Koscheck somehow wins, I don't know what happens.

and i'm pretty sure Glazer is the worst

Glazer is the absolute worst, unbearable.
Mauro Ranallo down?!?

The worst, is Mauro, via form of verbal hemorrhage.

Lucky me, for the most part I've never watched Strikeforce fights with sound. I don't know or remember enough of him.

The proverbial overuser of proverbials.

Lucky me, for the most part I've never watched Strikeforce fights with sound. I don't know or remember enough of him.
Did you never watch Pride?

The proverbial overuser of proverbials.
"From Russia with glove!" :lmao: Mauro at least makes me laugh sometimes with his stupid lines, though, whereas Goldberg makes me want to go kick a puppy.

Did you never watch Pride?
:bag: I've only ever watched Pride fights, not entire events, so its hard for me to put faces and names to voices. And I watch a lot of stuff besides main events with the sound off. Weird habit.I freak out even eyeballing Jay Glazer, I hate everything about the guy.

Tickets for 145 go on sale friday morning. looking like I may be attending, never been to a live event before.

i would recommend joining the UFC fight Club and get your tickets through them.
done and done :pickle:
here you go Ahrn, this is what you get to look forward to:http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7226:we-followed-a-random-mma-fan-around-at-scc-4-and-heres-the-video&catid=34:organizations

Tickets for 145 go on sale friday morning. looking like I may be attending, never been to a live event before.

here you go Ahrn, this is what you get to look forward to:http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7226:we-followed-a-random-mma-fan-around-at-scc-4-and-heres-the-video&catid=34:organizations
4 tickets for sale here, UFC145. Headed to Stubhub now. <_<

UFC 144: Japan this Saturday is going to be huge.

Edgar vs Bendo could be one for the ages. I have to go with Frankie in this one. I think that one extra pound Bendo has to cut for the title fight may make more of a difference then people realize in his cardio. It will be close though with Bendo taking at least a round and probably two before Edgar cruises in the championship rounds. If Bendo can somehow bully Edgar against the cage the pendulum swings in his favor, but is this possible if Maynard couldn't do it in the last 9 rounds?

Edgar -130

Prop- Edgar by decision

I've got Bendo winning this one. He's too big for Edgar. He is also fast enough to cut Edgar off enough times to pat him on the mat.

The ending would be more interesting to replace Dana with Stern, Goodell, or Selig :)

Frankie will tend to be underestimated due to his lack of "elite athleticism", size or whatever, but I see him pulling this one out. I think he's easily the superior striker, his footwork is plenty good enough to avoid getting clinchflogged, and he's already proven he's good enough to take down and thwart top grapplers. I love Bendo, but I don't think his striking is good enough to make Frankie think twice.

I've got Bendo winning this one. He's too big for Edgar. He is also fast enough to cut Edgar off enough times to pat him on the mat.

Is he any bigger than Maynard?

Is he any bigger than Maynard?
Bendo is 3" taller and has a bigger frame, but Frankie still has 2" of reach on him and it is going to be significant enough to be a difference maker. There is no way Bendo is anywhere near as strong physically as Maynard.

I'm leaning Bendo and this will be my last fight under-estimating Frankie if he wins. While maybe not as strong an Maynard, Bendo is much quicker and more athletic. I think he might be able to give Frankie problems against the cage and on the ground.

This fights goes the distance 75% of the time.

I'm leaning Bendo and this will be my last fight under-estimating Frankie if he wins. While maybe not as strong an Maynard, Bendo is much quicker and more athletic. I think he might be able to give Frankie problems against the cage and on the ground.This fights goes the distance 75% of the time.

I'm thinking even higher, maybe like 92% of the time. The only way I really see it ending is if Bendo can lock up a guillotine choke, and its probably going to have to be in the first two rounds for him to have the arm strength to finish it. Frankie could end it with a late tKO once again, but I think those chances are even slimmer as Bendo can take all kinds of punishment, all while looking to take more. If I am underestimating anything, I think it's Bendo's cardio. If he has the gas tank to have control of the fight for the majority of three rounds, he is every bit deserving of being a champion. After coming back and proving himself against Penn and Maynard, I am done underestimating little Frankie Edgar.That is, unless, Aldo finally has to move up weight classes. :o

There is no way Bendo is anywhere near as strong physically as Maynard.

I don't think I agree with this.

There is no way Bendo is anywhere near as strong physically as Maynard.

I don't think I agree with this.
Really?Sports Science is mostly a sham, but that grip strength test impressed my socks off. The punching power stats I don't buy at all however.http://www.cagepotato.com/video-gray-maynards-grip-strength-is-stronger-than-an-nfl-linemans-and-his-punch-is-harder-than-james-toneys/Pretty sure I've seen Rashad quoted that Maynard is the strongest human being he has ever seen from their days at Michigan State. Bendo is a huge dude for 155, but I wouldn't classify him among the strongest.

After coming back and proving himself against Penn and Maynard, I am done underestimating little Frankie Edgar.

:goodposting: this. I will be on Edgar as well, but it will be light. Have hit an awful streak the last 2 events, so I have to figure where i am getting killed. One that has me thinking is Rampage-Bader. All sense has me thinking Rampage lights him up, bad, but i can't get out of my head Rampage keep talking about how he loves japanese fans because they don't care if you win or lose, they just love to see guys go out and fight. Get worried Bader doesn't agree and can wrestle Rampage to take a crappy decisionand that is another reason i will be going light on this event: 1) Not sure which fighters will be able to account for the time difference (though i think it will still be the same time an event in Vegas would be, so maybe not a factor), and i lean toward the guys coming from bigger camps to have a significant advantage in prep for the fights. 2) I have no idea what to expect from the judging we may see this weekend. Will they be less inclined to give points for takedowns and lay and pray? I really hope so because i have lost tons of fights with that, but it is a variable that is hard to account for. and all i have our leans for now:Mark Hunt +230 .5 unit - more of a pick because i love Hunt, but he looks like he has been working on his takedown defense, etc. I'm willing to bet he has a better chin then Cheick, and possibly think this fight could go fight of the night as wellJoe Lauzon - +195 - betting this one based on the line. I think the fight is much closer then the line makes it, only problem is i have gotten killed lately betting the right side of the bet, but not the winner of the fightVaughn Lee +300 - I love Kid just like everyone else does, but how in the world he is -400 i have absolutely no idea. i don't know too much about Lee, but if he has any chance to win this i will likely be on thisnot sure about a lot of the rest of the card, have some looking to do

I'm leaning Bendo and this will be my last fight under-estimating Frankie if he wins. While maybe not as strong an Maynard, Bendo is much quicker and more athletic. I think he might be able to give Frankie problems against the cage and on the ground.This fights goes the distance 75% of the time.

I'm thinking even higher, maybe like 92% of the time. The only way I really see it ending is if Bendo can lock up a guillotine choke, and its probably going to have to be in the first two rounds for him to have the arm strength to finish it. Frankie could end it with a late tKO once again, but I think those chances are even slimmer as Bendo can take all kinds of punishment, all while looking to take more. If I am underestimating anything, I think it's Bendo's cardio. If he has the gas tank to have control of the fight for the majority of three rounds, he is every bit deserving of being a champion. After coming back and proving himself against Penn and Maynard, I am done underestimating little Frankie Edgar.That is, unless, Aldo finally has to move up weight classes. :o
The come backs can be looked at both ways. He was that close to defeat in both his fights vs Maynard and was lucky to survive. If Lay'n'Gray knew how to finish, Frankie doesn't have the belt.

and that is another reason i will be going light on this event: 1) Not sure which fighters will be able to account for the time difference (though i think it will still be the same time an event in Vegas would be, so maybe not a factor),

Well, right now, at 5:44pm PST it is 10:44am in Tokyo.... so it seems like it would be more strange. I know a few fighters go out there a week or more in advance to acclimate and promote.But for the record, it is live at the usual time and there's no way to catch it earlier? (like you can with the UK/Australian shows)

and that is another reason i will be going light on this event: 1) Not sure which fighters will be able to account for the time difference (though i think it will still be the same time an event in Vegas would be, so maybe not a factor),

Well, right now, at 5:44pm PST it is 10:44am in Tokyo.... so it seems like it would be more strange. I know a few fighters go out there a week or more in advance to acclimate and promote.But for the record, it is live at the usual time and there's no way to catch it earlier? (like you can with the UK/Australian shows)
Not with this show. I think they will be fighting at 11 am Tokyo time. I think the big thing with fighters going out there a week or more earlier is not as easy. From what I have heard so far, i think Frankie was the only one who seemed to get out there about a week earlier. Bendo arrived on Wednesday i believe, and i think he did some traveling too. And from what I know, i think most fighters would like to get there earlier, but a big factor is costs, since it falls all on the fighter and his team. I am guessing if a fighter wants to go a week early, he needs to chip in a bit to help pay for his team. I think it also is one of those things where it depends on if they can find a place to train and get ready. For the guys in the main event I am sure this isn't a problem, but for the guys making a couple of grand, i would guess it could be. I am thinking of a guy like Tim Boetsch. i have lost track of what camp he trains with now, but i don't think it is one of the bigger one's. I know he can't be making more than a base of 7 grand, so my guess is may be a victim of this. I really want to put money on Okami tomorrow, but i hate those big lines, they are just so hard to play.

it's been awhile since i have "surfed the web" to find out good sites to see what people are betting on MMA. Some of the guys i used to find and see if we were inline are no longer around. So anybody have good places to check for fight picks and who is really good at it? Only popular one i can remember is performity from MMAJunkie, but i haven't seen him there for awhile.

so what else is out there? i can't afford to get killed in another event like the last 2, and i would like this time that at least if i get killed, there are a ton of other people who are doing the same.

Right now, i may make Okami my biggest bet. I can't see how he can lose. The chalk for him is insane, but i think the odds are worth it.

I also like Hunt and Edgar, and Vaughn lee possibly too. So help a brother out here, let's put the collective minds together and make some good money this Saturday

Right now, i may make Okami my biggest bet. I can't see how he can lose. The chalk for him is insane, but i think the odds are worth it.

Really just playing Devil's advocate (or contrarian, as I often do), but though Boetsch's technique might be unorthodox, he gets results. His size advantage after moving down to middleweight has served him well. Okami's also a strong middleweight, but it's not like he's the most consistent performer around. He often wins ugly, and has a bit of a reputation as a slow starter, so I'm reluctant to bet big on him. - though he's still the favorite.

Really just playing Devil's advocate (or contrarian, as I often do), but though Boetsch's technique might be unorthodox, he gets results. His size advantage after moving down to middleweight has served him well. Okami's also a strong middleweight, but it's not like he's the most consistent performer around. He often wins ugly, and has a bit of a reputation as a slow starter, so I'm reluctant to bet big on him. - though he's still the favorite.
:unsure: hmm, now you got me thinking about it. that juice is just brutal, and i agree it is too high for Okami here. Odessa, or whatever his name is, has been doing this for the past half year or so with releasing these plays with really over-valuing the favorites. it is taking the fun out of the MMA betting because they set these lines like this. they have been on a good streak with not getting burned by them either Edited by modogg

it's been awhile since i have "surfed the web" to find out good sites to see what people are betting on MMA. Some of the guys i used to find and see if we were inline are no longer around. So anybody have good places to check for fight picks and who is really good at it? Only popular one i can remember is performity from MMAJunkie, but i haven't seen him there for awhile.

Yeah, that dude hasn't written since he made a huge play on Lesnar against Velasquez. Oops.

Even though it isn't betting oriented, I like reading Bloody Elbow for every event. Here's their rundown for this weekend.

Yeah, that dude hasn't written since he made a huge play on Lesnar against Velasquez. Oops.

Even though it isn't betting oriented, I like reading Bloody Elbow for every event. Here's their rundown for this weekend.

thanks. I also check out mmamania over there too, they do a good job of complimenting each other. i do think bloodyelbow is one of the best blogs out there for MMA too, they do a good job of writing about everything.

Jumping on Bader +200, Rampage admitting to being injured in camp and came in over 6 pounds overweight. Said he also had to cut the most weight he ever had to cut

Jumping on Bader +200, Rampage admitting to being injured in camp and came in over 6 pounds overweight. Said he also had to cut the most weight he ever had to cut

:goodposting:

New ring girl for 144. :thumbup:

I guess she is taking over for Chandell (sorry if i murdered spelling her name there, it is something like that but i completely forget) and her recent news that came out.

Also heard something on the Sirius MMA show today that there are naked pictures of Arianny floating around on the internet. I forget the details, but it seemed interesting enough

Also heard something on the Sirius MMA show today that there are naked pictures of Arianny floating around on the internet. I forget the details, but it seemed interesting enough

Are you referring to her playboy shoot from 2010?

Are you referring to her playboy shoot from 2010?
not sure. they were talking about her naked at a party or something. but maybe it was the playboy shoot. Either way, good for her!and War Bader!

New ring girl for 144. :thumbup:

I guess she is taking over for Chandell (sorry if i murdered spelling her name there, it is something like that but i completely forget) and her recent news that came out.

Chandella was ugly anyway. I don't know how she got the ring girl gig with that face. The innerweb says she had softcore photos from years ago so she got fired when they resurfaced. Yet both Arianny and Brittney have been in playboy. :shrug:

Wow! Like new girl. Giving Arianny a run for her money...