What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Dime (1 Viewer)

I think everyone owes it to Dime to do a Black Tooth tonight.

Dime to the "Roadie for a day" winner on 'Vulgar Video' :

"See, you pour a shot of whiskey, add a splash of coke. It's not exactly black, but we call it a black toooooth ! Go ahead.

(Nerd takes a sip)

Come on - nail it, man, it ain't no candy!"

:lmao:

that was a good fishing day in the FFA. I remember the "how can we feel sorry for a guy named Dimebag" threads fondly.

Last edited by a moderator:
that was a good fishing day in the FFA. I remember the "how can we feel sorry for a guy named Dimebag" threads fondly.
Yep. That was the day cochise/Pat Patriot officially cemented himself as a complete tool in my opinion with his "you reap what you sow" responses. Dude tried to claim that no one should have been surprised it happened based on Pantera's lyrics. Then, to compound the error, he broke out their hair-band material no one has ever even heard of as proof. :lmao:

This is a pretty infamous day. This would have been the birthday of Sam Kinnison and Jim Morrison.

I'm not a Pantera nut or anything but they're Dallas icons. I heard the other day that Vinnie Paul is with a new band, playing for the first time since the tragedy.

I'm not a Pantera nut or anything but they're Dallas icons. I heard the other day that Vinnie Paul is with a new band, playing for the first time since the tragedy.
One of the better Stanley Cup stories involves it banging off the side of their pool in Dallas. :thumbup:

One of the better Stanley Cup stories involves it banging off the side of their pool in Dallas. :thumbup:
Yep. They were/are really into the Stars. They wrote and recorded some sort of theme song that they play at the arena, I believe.

Yep. They were/are really into the Stars. They wrote and recorded some sort of theme song that they play at the arena, I believe.
:yes: Had that song as my phone ringing forever.And the Cup didn't actually bang into the pool as much as it sank to the bottom. The dent was made before the Cup ever left the plane landing in Dallas. At least that is what I have been told.

This is a pretty infamous day. This would have been the birthday of Sam Kinnison and Jim Morrison.
2 of my 5 "choose 5 people dead or alive to drink with for a night" choices. Actually, Dime would definitely have been in there as well, had I thought of it at the time.

The footage of the band on stage when the gunman comes up and starts shooting is one of the more chilling videos I've seen (I think it was on Behind the Music), followed up by the policeman firing his shotgun at the shooter...unreal.

The footage of the band on stage when the gunman comes up and starts shooting is one of the more chilling videos I've seen (I think it was on Behind the Music), followed up by the policeman firing his shotgun at the shooter...unreal.
I had a hard time watching that "Behind The Music." It was almost like watching a video of a family member getting shot. I erased it from my DVR and never watched it again - probably never will. I still can't believe what happened to that band and that guy - they were seemingly so tight - Pantera was one of those bands you thought would be around for 20 more years. Then, for everything to go down the way it did.... I still just have trouble accepting it.

I had a hard time watching that "Behind The Music." It was almost like watching a video of a family member getting shot. I erased it from my DVR and never watched it again - probably never will. I still can't believe what happened to that band and that guy - they were seemingly so tight - Pantera was one of those bands you thought would be around for 20 more years. Then, for everything to go down the way it did.... I still just have trouble accepting it.
really? i didnt think they would be around too much longer thanks to phil being such a junkie #######listening now :banned: drag the waters some morelike never before

really? i didnt think they would be around too much longer thanks to phil being such a junkie #######listening now :banned: drag the waters some morelike never before
I meant before I learned of Phil's junk habit. That was the end of the band. I still think they would have reunited, though... no one had really slammed the door on it, until a maniac with a pistol did.

jafo said:
RIP. You helped keep metal alive when everyone else forgot how to play guitar. :banned:
:goodposting: I spent the better part of the last hour on Youtbue checking out various lessons/solos/tributes. God, that dude could rip.

jafo said:
RIP. You helped keep metal alive when everyone else forgot how to play guitar. :banned:
Let's not go overboard here.
:lmao: True that, but he was one of a dying breed of old-school soloists in an age where the Stainds and Korns of the world, with their low-end rumble and solo-less song structure were dominating the genre.There are spme real gunslingers out there yet, though. Michael Amott of Arch Enemy is one, for instance, in the heavier realm (as opposed to guys like Zakk Wylde and Yngwie, who are at various points to the lighter side of the spectrum.)

jafo said:
:lmao: True that, but he was one of a dying breed of old-school soloists in an age where the Stainds and Korns of the world, with their low-end rumble and solo-less song structure were dominating the genre.

There are spme real gunslingers out there yet, though. Michael Amott of Carcass and later Arch Enemy is one, for instance, in the heavier realm (as opposed to guys like Zakk Wylde and Yngwie, who are at various points to the lighter side of the spectrum.)
As much as I liked Pantera, when they were out there was a lot of incredible stuff happening in death metal, which most casual observers either ignore or don't like. Pantera was the band that ushered in the 90s sound that would later be taken to the extreme and made terrible with rap metal.btw, Carcass - Heartwork: best album of the 90s. :banned:

jafo said:
:lmao: True that, but he was one of a dying breed of old-school soloists in an age where the Stainds and Korns of the world, with their low-end rumble and solo-less song structure were dominating the genre.

There are spme real gunslingers out there yet, though. Michael Amott of Carcass and later Arch Enemy is one, for instance, in the heavier realm (as opposed to guys like Zakk Wylde and Yngwie, who are at various points to the lighter side of the spectrum.)
As much as I liked Pantera, when they were out there was a lot of incredible stuff happening in death metal, which most casual observers either ignore or don't like. Pantera was the band that ushered in the 90s sound that would later be taken to the extreme and made terrible with rap metal.btw, Carcass - Heartwork: best album of the 90s. :banned:
I never heard that album - I'll check it out.

Yep. That was the day cochise/Pat Patriot officially cemented himself as a complete tool in my opinion with his "you reap what you sow" responses. Dude tried to claim that no one should have been surprised it happened based on Pantera's lyrics. Then, to compound the error, he broke out their hair-band material no one has ever even heard of as proof. :lmao:
Lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story. I had never heard of Pantera before that thread. I did not say that nobody should be surprised based on Pantera's lyrics. I didnt then and dont know now what any of their lyrics were. I said that nobody should be surprised that a guy so immersed in the drug culture that his name includes drug references should die a violent death.I was suspended for my comments and rightfully so. The venue and attitude that I brought with my comments was inappropriate.

Yep. That was the day cochise/Pat Patriot officially cemented himself as a complete tool in my opinion with his "you reap what you sow" responses. Dude tried to claim that no one should have been surprised it happened based on Pantera's lyrics. Then, to compound the error, he broke out their hair-band material no one has ever even heard of as proof. :thumbup:
Lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story. I had never heard of Pantera before that thread. I did not say that nobody should be surprised based on Pantera's lyrics. I didnt then and dont know now what any of their lyrics were. I said that nobody should be surprised that a guy so immersed in the drug culture that his name includes drug references should die a violent death.I was suspended for my comments and rightfully so. The venue and attitude that I brought with my comments was inappropriate.
They were also tragically uninformed. That's cool though. What's a little disturbing is that you're evidently combing the archives looking for mentions of your username by me. :moneybag:Let it go, bro...... HTH. :)

RIP. You helped keep metal alive when everyone else forgot how to play guitar. :lmao:

As much as I liked Pantera, when they were out there was a lot of incredible stuff happening in death metal, which most casual observers either ignore or don't like. Pantera was the band that ushered in the 90s sound that would later be taken to the extreme and made terrible with rap metal.btw, Carcass - Heartwork: best album of the 90s. :lmao:
:lmao: Yes, the vocal styles of certain metal groups turn a lot of people off of some incredible music.

Another early extreme guitar force was "Death" (Chuck Shuldiner + various guest musicians).

I also like what the guitarists in "Opeth" have done since the mid-90's.

Great White recently paid tribute to Dimebag by saying "I hope he's giving a concert in heaven to all those people who burned!"

Interestingly enough, my BIL managed a band called PumpJack. They are from Midland TX. They opened several times for Pantera and became good friends with Darrell and the band. They spend many nights at DBs house. In fact, it was Pantera that got them a gig with OZ FEST. Here is their myspace link if you are interested in checking it out.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=17469771

ETA: There are some good pictures of Darrell on the site, for those who are truly interested.

wish my name was dimebag. :goodposting:
It isnt? I thought thats what they were calling you in Vegas.
that was 'dirtbag'.
sounds very similar....I'll call you dimebag in the football league all year if you want? Actually, why dont you change your team name? Serious Business is just too......Serious.
No way. This year....this year I mean SERIOUS BUSINESS.No more last place finishes for me.

Users who are viewing this thread