What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Monday Night Thread: Cowboys vs. the Giants (1 Viewer)

Collins is throwing all over the place...you would think that once in a while it would be between the numbers....

I need to Vent....I am going against the Giants Defense in one league and the Dallas Defense in another (we play two in that league). Now that it is raining at the game, I am in big trouble. Already a TD for both!!!!I have Toomer and Barbar in one league (thanks for the fumble Tiki) and Shockey and Bryant in the other. COME ON GUYS, GET SOME OFFENSE GOING!!!!!!!Ok, I feel better...but not much.

Madden on Kerry Collins: "With all this rain, I wonder if those balls are getting a little wet." :no:

Well, guess that wasnt the one that was gonna be between the nubmers--> throws a 25 yarder into double coverage to Shockey

some rules of fantasy football.....no cardinals ....EVERno Bengals except Dillon...and count on being disappointed a few times a year (that rule may be changing a little)never make a Giant your #1 at any position....hair pulls out of your head way to easy for that

Wow. That's horrible. Reminds me of that guy that used to play for Carolina...um...Collins something.

Whatever happened to that Bryant guy on Dallas?And what in the world was that linebacker doing biting on the play-fake?

Still no points for Shockey. Good thing I'm so far behind this week that he couldn't have helped me anyway. If he keeps this up, hopefully he will come out with a purpose next week.

Seeing Shockey smiling like that after dropping a very easy TD pass makes me question his desire to win. :rolleyes:
of all of the Offensive players I have in this game, Hilliard gets the TD! You are right, Shockey should lose the GRIN...he is costing me the game!

I know everyone's already mentioned this. But that Shockey dropped pass is the WORST drop I've ever seen. :thumbup: thumb's up to everyone that took Alge "Pumps and a Crump-ler" in the 15th round instead of taking Shockey in the 4th.EDIT: because I typed "past" instead of "pass". Not nearly as embarassing as the Shockey drop though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone think Glenn is worth a pickup? I'm actually fairly impressed with Q.btw, I needed Barber to score 23 for a tie tonight :no:

I know everyone's already mentioned this. But that Shockey dropped past is the WORST drop I've ever seen. :thumbup: thumb's up to everyone that took Alge "Pumps and a Crump-ler" in the 15th round instead of taking Shockey in the 4th.
I took him so late.Boy and I happy.Makes me look smart.I took him really late. Forget the round though.

I'm actually fairly impressed with Q.
I still think Quincy can be a good player in this league. He obviously needs to stop making boneheaded (or as we refer to them in Phoenix, Plummerheaded) mistakes. If anyone can pound that into his dense skull, my money is on Parcells.

You know, of all my underachieving bums, Shockey is the only one I want to slap. Hilliard makes the tough TD grab, everyone else is celebrating, Shockey is off in the corner doing his "everyone look at me" routine.What a dink. He runs his mouth about Parcells, gets his chance to back it up on MNF, and disappears. I can't believe I wasted a pick on this "800 yard sure-thing". What a loser.

Al Michaels just said something really stupid. As the Giants were kicking the extra point after the Hilliard touchdown, he said something like "This is the wrong call, they should be going for two to make it an eight point game."After the break, Michaels said it again, but you should NEVER go for two in the 3rd quarter! There's still too much game left and you never know what might happen. I can't believe how many NFL coaches get carried away like Michaels and actually do go for two too early.

Does anyone else see some idiotic contrite "Deion-like" moment before the 2004 season (after a 400 yard, 2 TD season) where Shockley says:

The media made me what I am. I'm not that crazy. It's not my faulk

Al Michaels just said something really stupid. As the Giants were kicking the extra point after the Hilliard touchdown, he said something like "This is the wrong call, they should be going for two to make it an eight point game."After the break, Michaels said it again, but you should NEVER go for two in the 3rd quarter! There's still too much game left and you never know what might happen. I can't believe how many NFL coaches get carried away like Michaels and actually do go for two too early.
He said it again! And you are so right... :yes:

I was thinking the same thing. That point you lose could just as easily come back to bite you in the ### later. You only go for 2 in the 4th quarter. Period.

Has Collins even come close on any of his passes tonight?And then the Giants knock a perfect punt by Feagles 10 yards into the endzone. Wow, I'm embarrassed for them

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Collins even come close on any of his passes tonight?And then the Giants knock a perfect punt by Feagles 10 yards into the endzone. Wow, I'm embarrassed for them
That one to Shockey in the endzone was right on :cool:

It's looking like Monday Night is where good teams go to die. That's if you'd consider the Eagles a good team this year, that's a whole 'nother debate in itself.

Hmmm... 4th quarter or Simpsons reruns... have to go with simpsons I think. My opponent still has to get 40+ out of Shockey, Galloway, and Barber. Looks like I'm safe for this week. :)

Hambrick's made some key runs though, he's looked better than his numbers indicate in fact I'm kinda surprised to see he only has 50 yards.

Hambrick 19 rushes for 50 yards--sounds like Eddie George or A-Train numbers.....
Parcells will take that. Its important that Hambrick show that he can be trusted with the ball late in the game. That O line will get better and those 19 carries will turn in to 80 yrds. 6th round Hambrick = 3rd round George :thumbup: works for me

Shockey gets his TD, this is going to be a close one going down the stretch. All you Shockey haters are now the homos

Now, Al Michaels the genius, what if they had missed the third-quarter 2-point conversion you so badly pined for?I like Al Michaels, but what a maroon!

Users who are viewing this thread