What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Monday Night Thread: Cowboys vs. the Giants (1 Viewer)

I know the Giants had the game with the FG but do you second guess Fassell not trying to punch it in when they had Dallas on the ropes. I mean they had 2:00 with about 25 yds to go and opted to just run the clock out.Just curious what you folks think.

This is the best game so far this season.Lead changes, wild comebacks!WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWMONDAY NIGHT MADNESS!!!!!!!!

Sonuva! I'm going against Hambrick in one league and against Tiki in another. Right now, I'm up by 4 in the league against Hambrick and up 3 against Barber. Bryant you pud! (Not you Joe)

i dont want barber to get anymore... he is on my team in one league but on another team in a different league. anyway, i want the other guy playing the barber team to win... only problem is that the other guy has toomer and down by 1 point. point per reception but yards will matter... go NY Def. get toomer a couple more points.

YES! I was sure I had lost my matchup. Opponent had NYG D, and Dal had only 286 total yards which would have given him a one point win. Bryant's POS kickoff gave the Boys a chance for more yards. Now OT. I still have Galloway and am up by 3. Off to smoke more cigarettes...

I know the Giants had the game with the FG but do you second guess Fassell not trying to punch it in when they had Dallas on the ropes. I mean they had 2:00 with about 25 yds to go and opted to just run the clock out.Just curious what you folks think.
also calling the timeout with 14 secs left instead of like 10... or 8 secs left.

Carter really earning a lot of respect tonight. Nice find of Galloway on that blitz.

also calling the timeout with 14 secs left instead of like 10... or 8 secs left.
Yes.. I still don't know why teams do that??? run the clock to :04 and kick it...

I didnt start qwatching this game till about the end of the second...i thought this game was gonna be a blowout...wow was I wrong.....holy swiss and crackkers on a sesame seed bun.

I think the 1st down pass attempt when they were at about the 30 was a mistake. Instead of just giving it to Barber or running a curl or something to run out some time, they gave Dallas an extra timeout essentially.

I know the Giants had the game with the FG but do you second guess Fassell not trying to punch it in when they had Dallas on the ropes.  I mean they had 2:00 with about 25 yds to go and opted to just run the clock out.Just curious what you folks think.
Yes.. I still don't know why teams do that??? run the clock to :04 and kick it...
If he had run the clock down and then the snap got muffed you all would be complaining about why he didn't leave more time on the clock in case something got messed up...(Yeah Hambrick for a loss!)

I know the Giants had the game with the FG but do you second guess Fassell not trying to punch it in when they had Dallas on the ropes.  I mean they had 2:00 with about 25 yds to go and opted to just run the clock out.Just curious what you folks think.
If he had run the clock down and then the snap got muffed you all would be complaining about why he didn't leave more time on the clock in case something got messed up...(Yeah Hambrick for a loss!)
i understand the philosophy... but 14 is a bit long... also... how much faith does that show in the long snapper or the holder even... at worst you tie... best you outright win.

i understand the philosophy... but 14 is a bit long... also... how much faith does that show in the long snapper or the holder even... at worst you tie... best you outright win.
After last year in the playoffs I don't think Fassel has much confidence in ANY long snapper...

Maybe others but not me... that always say that, but whenever it happens the stupid holder or kicker go running with it and try to throw a pass over the middle.....Anyone ever see a game where the team does mess up the snap and gets another chance cause the kicker or holder makes the right play???But we've all seen times where the other team does something with limited time... Music City Miracle....

I'm a bit biased against Hambrick right now but wouldn't it make more sense seeing as how they can't move the ball, to put in Cason and run a draw out of the shotgun and hope for a big scamper?Edit to clarify: can't move the ball on the ground...

Last edited by a moderator:
:rotflmao: Why'd you bring back the old avatar?
Turned out, reg had that mullet copyrighted, and I downloaded it w/o permission of the RIAA. Long story. Meanwhile, I need Barber to take an 85-yard swing pass to the barn to win in my big money league.
I need about the same to win mine.

Why do teams not run the ball in overtime? I know neither team was real effective in regulation, but you gotta try at least once. Especially with a weapon like Tiki.

Why do teams not run the ball in overtime? I know neither team was real effective in regulation, but you gotta try at least once. Especially with a weapon like Tiki.
Because Theresa Glenn is having a hell of a game :shock:

I actually I need an 85 yard swing pass to Tiki that gets stopped at the 1....then the Fg has to get block by the Boys the Giants then have to get it back and THEN Tiki has to get an 85 yard swing pass for a TD...whew..theres a chance for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread