What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: OFFICIAL Underclassmen leaving early (1 Viewer)

Colt Brennan in for today at least

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731877

Hawaii junior quarterback Colt Brennan said Monday he will declare for the NFL draft, but will "seriously consider" withdrawing his name on Tuesday.

Brennan

College football players have 72 hours to withdraw their names, provided they haven't signed with an agent.

"In order to stay eligible for the draft, I have to send the paperwork in," Brennan said. "But I need to postpone my decision. I need a little bit more time."

Brennan plans to have a news conference in Hawaii on Tuesday to finalize his decision. Brennan could be the third quarterback in the NFL draft, behind Notre Dame's Brady Quinn and LSU's JaMarcus Russell.

Brennan has been told he could be a late first-round pick or an early second-round pick. This season, Brennan set a record with 58 touchdown passes.

Joe Schad is ESPN TV's national college football reporter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahmad Bradshaw going pro

Im not sure why he came out now but reportedly, he recieved a first day grade.

Also, there seems to be a bit of confusion with Dan Connor- ESPN reporting he is and isnt comming out
From gbnreport.com
5:00 PM):Deadline passes; Herd back only other draft entry… The deadline for underclassmen to have filed papers with the NFL to be included in this year’s draft passed about an hour ago with more of a whimper than a roar. Indeed, Marshall junior RB Ahmad Bradshaw was the only player to date to make an announcement that he was leaving school early for the draft. The 5-10, 195-pound Bradshaw had 1,523 yards rushing this season, good for sixth in the nation. Of course, it is still possible that some players have filed the appropriate paperwork with the league but didn’t make a formal announcement. Players also have a 72-hour window of opportunity to renege on their application to be included in this year’s draft. The NFL then will release a full list of early applicants.
Usually a couple of names from unexpected players and one or two withdrawals when this comes out on Friday.

Ahmad Bradshaw going pro

Im not sure why he came out now but reportedly, he recieved a first day grade.
Usually a couple of names from unexpected players and one or two withdrawals when this comes out on Friday.
Bradshaw is flying under the radar, but he is a very good talent. He is a bit undersized and expected to run a low 4.5, which would likely mean Day Two, but the rumor is the draft advisory committee told him he could move to Day One with a sub-4.5 time. On the other hand, a bad workout could mean undrafted.He's coming out b/c he's been worked hard the last couple of years. He was their leading runner and receiver last year and had 1,700 combined yards this year as again, the main offensive threat. He ended the year with a variety of injuries and aches and probably basically feared serious injury. He was first team all-conference, a candidate for conference offensive player of the year, and sixth in the nation in rushing...he pretty much hit the ceiling of achievement possible for a CUSA player, so he was more likely to go down, than up, while risking injury and looking at being in what s/b a very strong RB class in 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't searched the entire thread, but these were on the wire yesterday:

SportsTicker reports Fresno State RB Dwayne Wright will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft.

SportsTicker reports Georgia RB Danny Ware will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft.

SportsTicker reports Nebraska RB Brandon Jackson will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft.

SportsTicker reports Arkansas CB Chris Houston will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft.

SportsTicker reports Clemson CB C.J. Gaddis will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft.

SportsTicker reports University of Miami LB Jon Beason will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft.

SportsTicker reports San Diego State DL Antwan Applewhite will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft.

Haven't searched the entire thread, but these were on the wire yesterday:SportsTicker reports Fresno State RB Dwayne Wright will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft. SportsTicker reports Georgia RB Danny Ware will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft. SportsTicker reports Nebraska RB Brandon Jackson will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft. SportsTicker reports Arkansas CB Chris Houston will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft. SportsTicker reports Clemson CB C.J. Gaddis will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft. SportsTicker reports University of Miami LB Jon Beason will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft. SportsTicker reports San Diego State DL Antwan Applewhite will forgo his senior season and enter the 2007 NFL Draft.
Thanks Jeff. First post is updated!

I have to do a plug for an agent I was talking to this week that I met at last year's shrine game. Marty Magid, who is repping Keith Jackson (DL-Arkansas), Sam Olajubutu (LB-Arkansas), Jon Beason (LB-Miami), clued me that the Junior DT he has, Walter Thomas from NW Mississippi JC, could be something special physically. He threw around some numbers that made me go :( (read my pro day article for more details).

We're shooting for some extended interviews with Marty's guys on the audible over the next few months.

Users who are viewing this thread