Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
One

::: The Apple iPhone 11 PRO :::

What sites are the best to see deals out there?  I’ve got a 6 (as does my wife), and we are both ready for an upgrade. Currently with Sprint, but I’d consider myself a free agent on carrier.

On 9/27/2019 at 6:04 PM, Osaurus said:

My iPhone 11 Pro was delivered today. Loving it so far. 

What does that mean though.

On 9/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, Otis said:

Got the 11 Pro Max. Awesome phone. Super quick. Battery for days. The camera is fantastic. Gorgeous screen. 

No complaints. 

Otis - you have always been appleguy right?

Anyone here go from androidguy to appleguy?

Apple seems so far behind on innovation now, like years behind...but the whole group text thing has me about ready to go apple.

Edited by matuski

Can you use pencil with iphone?

Debating Note10+ vs Iphone 11 pro.

eta - appears no.

Edited by matuski

6 minutes ago, matuski said:

What does that mean though.

Great battery life compared to my 7+ and love the new camera. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Great battery life compared to my 7+ and love the new camera. 

Thanks that is what i was looking for.

For a long time I had andriod and iphone side by side - through iphone8.

Android was always hands down my preference.. but I now find myself surrounded by iphone users and the group text thing is pissing me off.   Considering again reverting to apple.

• Like 1

I have an issue that is driving me crazy.  I have an iPhone XS Plus, since the most recent software updates I can no longer click on a phone number in meeting invites in Outlook.  It is a real PITA as I have a ton of conference calls during the day.  Instead of dialing the number it brings up the copy/paste menu.  I've tried looking online for some solution but I can't see where anyone else is having this issue.  Anyone having this issue or have any suggestions?

So many bugs in the new IOS. Mail is driving me bananas. You have to delete every email twice to actually delete it. And worse yet when I try to forward things, it is cutting off the content from the email I want to forward. Others are forwarding me stuff and it’s just a header with a blank email below it. What a cluster. Apple had better fix this. 

Have some weird notification issues in iOS 13 and in macOS Catalina. The thing that is driving me crazy is with Mojave and iOS12 I've never had a problem. The two big things in macOS are not getting the red notification on all apps consistently and when I get a new iMessage is just shows a message banner. It used to show me who it was from. In iOS it's related to not getting them for iMessages intermittently and using the default notification sound instead of the app specific one.

2 hours ago, Otis said:

So many bugs in the new IOS. Mail is driving me bananas. You have to delete every email twice to actually delete it. And worse yet when I try to forward things, it is cutting off the content from the email I want to forward. Others are forwarding me stuff and it’s just a header with a blank email below it. What a cluster. Apple had better fix this. 

I'm having the same issues.  I forward emails and then people respond that they're blank or the attachment is missing.  This is creating huge business-related inconveniences.

Edited by bigbottom

On 10/11/2019 at 9:41 AM, bigbottom said:

I'm having the same issues.  I forward emails and then people respond that they're blank or the attachment is missing.  This is creating huge business-related inconveniences.

Yup.  I don't know how a company like Apple, that sells a bajillion iPhones to enterprise users across major corporations, botches the one application that is most critical to business.  Jimminy crickets, guys, get the freaking e-mail work TIA

On 10/11/2019 at 5:59 AM, Otis said:

:lmao:

Just as I had decided to go buy one this weekend after debating for weeks between Note 10+.... think I will wait.

Edited by matuski

So they will let you trade in virtually any working phone and get the min-spec Iphone 8 for $329 no-contract unlocked.  This seems like a crazy good deal, not sure how they make money on a phone that used to cost you what? A grand? 

Airpods Pro are pretty awesome.  I never have been able to use airbuds as they always just fell out. These stay in during my train commute and walking a few blocks. Sometimes they feel like they are getting loose, but they are actually secure and it is just me getting used to them. 

if someone invents an hphone it is going to be in the phonebook first and it will crush apples sales so do not say you havent been warned apple investors take that to the bank brohans 

• Laughing 1

Any recommendations on a generic pencil/stylus for ipad?  7th gen regular, not pro if that makes a difference

Getting my daughter one for Christmas, really prefer not to drop $80-100 on the official Apple pencil

I’m a few weeks into having an iPhone after being all Android since the BlackBerry days. 

Really happy but I find things with the keyboard annoying. You can’t download others without rooting right?

Here’s a really simple example that I’m only dealing with on this very board. When I hit return to start a new paragraph, it keeps starting me one space in. You can see it in this one. There’s a random space before my “Here’s”. Not a huge deal obviously but it’s strange. Anyone else deal with this?

Anyone know of any deals out there on the 11 Pro? We missed out on the Walmart Cyber Monday deal. Looking to upgrade a couple iPhone 7s

On 12/12/2019 at 8:09 PM, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Anyone know of any deals out there on the 11 Pro? We missed out on the Walmart Cyber Monday deal. Looking to upgrade a couple iPhone 7s

I just now saw that Sam's Club is offering a $300 gift card with purchase and activation of XR, XS, 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max.   The X's aren't available for Verizon, but they are for Sprint and ATT...odd.  And now I am trying to decide if I am heading to Sam's Club...about a 20 minute drive.  They close at 8:30 EST today.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

I just now saw that Sam's Club is offering a $300 gift card with purchase and activation of XR, XS, 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max.   The X's aren't available for Verizon, but they are for Sprint and ATT...odd.  And now I am trying to decide if I am heading to Sam's Club...about a 20 minute drive.  They close at 8:30 EST today.

:hot: Just got back from Sam's Club.   I waited 45 minutes while one customer was getting waited on...ONE!... only to find out you need to make an appointment.   Couldn't someone tell me this?  Maybe post a sign or something.   I only found out about the appointment requirement after talking to a guy who had been waiting there longer than me...and he had an appointment!  There were actually two other people waiting who apparently had appointments (smarter than me, I guess), but there was no way they were getting through those 2 tonight unless they stayed long after closing time to take care of them.  Now, I got to go back during Sunday football for my 2 PM appointment.  :censored:  I guess I could blow it off, but I planned to upgrade 2 phones (iPhone 6's) so it is basically $600 off.  

Hmmmmmmm......

Looks like Verizon has some sort of BOGO deal, but it looks like you need to add a line to make it happen.  I don't want/need another line, but what if I add a line and then cancel one of our currently existing lines right after?

I'm finally upgrading from my iPhone 6 (I know, I know), switching to Verizon with a BOGO offer.  It does not look like it has any trade-in value.  Any place to sell this thing, or just look into recycling? I suppose I could just hold onto it and give it as a toy for my toddler to play with on airplanes or whatever.

35 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

I'm finally upgrading from my iPhone 6 (I know, I know), switching to Verizon with a BOGO offer.  It does not look like it has any trade-in value.  Any place to sell this thing, or just look into recycling? I suppose I could just hold onto it and give it as a toy for my toddler to play with on airplanes or whatever.

6 makes a great device for kids to play games / watch videos on, IMO. There are myriad of sites online who will buy older devices but honestly at that point I'd keep as a "offline" media device. 

• Like 1

Still very happy with my X. Will consider an upgrade to the iPhone 12 once 5G is live and Verizon offers it in my area. 

Absent that I've not seen any must-have features added over what the X has. 

I finally caved and bought my first iPhone :bag:

How much difference is there between the iphone 10 and 11?

13 minutes ago, wazoo11 said:

How much difference is there between the iphone 10 and 11?

Not much.  Only if you are into taking photos would I go w/ an 11.  

6 hours ago, D-Day said:

Not much.  Only if you are into taking photos would I go w/ an 11.  

+1.  

I turned in the X to my employer for an upgrade to 11 Pro.  The X is great,  actually smaller and lighter.  I see a light improvement in screen and pics with the 11Pro, but not enough that I would pay for an upgrade. 

• Like 1