What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Apple iPhone Thread (3 Viewers)

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what kind of contact management software will the iphone handle? My treo 700 is perfect for basically allowing me to have all my contacts and calenders and appointments and info from MS Outlook available anywhere. Synchs smoothly and works great.I use treo instead of blackberry as it gives me a much more robust version of outlook on the phone. What will iphone have?J
"There's a reason why networks love ‘push email' phones like the Blackberry: it's because a tremendous amount of compression and optimisation can be done at the carrier-side before the data is sent over the air. An ultra-heavy user of a Blackberry might only use 20MB in a month - regular users will use just a few megs. On the other hand, the iPhone uses old-world ‘polling' email methods - POP3 or IMAP, where the phone will check every X minutes for new email and download full emails. The phone might have enough CPU power to rescale that 7MB JPEG, but it still has to download a 7MB JPEG. Either the service fees that go with the phone are going to be huge, or carriers are going to take a bath on data pricing and risk network congestion."

Top 10 Things to Hate about the Apple IPhones

http://apcstart.com/4965/top_10_things_to_...bout_the_iphone

1. Slow mobile data: EDGE is 2.5G, so the top speed you can get from it is about 100Kbit/s.

2. Battery life sucks: Five hours of talk/browsing/email or 16 hours of audio playback?

3. Built-in battery: It must be the only mobile phone on the market that doesn't have an easily user-replaceable battery.

(When battery fails then you better live near an apple store or you will have to mail it in)

4. Touch screen: Have you ever stood at a touch-screen terminal in a shop punching away at the screen, trying to get it to register your touch?

5. Heavy data usage: the iPhone uses old-world ‘polling' email methods - POP3 or IMAP, where the phone will check every X minutes for new email and download full emails. The phone might have enough CPU power to rescale that 7MB JPEG, but it still has to download a 7MB JPEG. Either the service fees that go with the phone are going to be huge, or carriers are going to take a bath on data pricing and risk network congestion.

6. Only a two megapixel camera

7. Proprietary tie-ins:

8. No video iChat:

9. Apple chooses your mobile network

10. Only 8GB storage

' date='Jan 10 2007, 09:15 AM' post='6181337'] The more I look over the feature list of this phone the more I realize I'm gonna have to get one. Absolutely amazing device. Once they up it to 12-16GB and incorporate a 2+ Megapizel video/cam (likely in next iteration) this wil be the first TRUE convergence device.

As it is now.... unreal. The more I show/tell people about this the more they are blown away by it.... The pricepoint will be a barrier to mass acceptance ($299-349 would be the sweet spot IMHO) they will still sell a ####load of these things.
The iPhone does have a 2MP camera integrated into it. Not sure if it has any video cam modes, though.http://www.apple.com/iphone/phone/
I think it would be better if the user could turn the phone and type using the keyboard in the length way. Seems it would be easier to use. I think a lot of people, me included, are not realizing how much capacity this thing has. Even at 4 GB that is a lot of information that can be stored. Granted, anybody would be "dumb" to not spend the extra $100 for double the capacity if they plan on using this for much more than music too. Not saying this device will ever reach 20 GB but even thinking about that in the size that it is already is astonishing. Dont know if Apple hit a homerun with this yet but how much are these phones going to cut into the iPod market essentially? MSFT comes out with their first iPod type thing and it is already overshawdowed... Sweet!

1. Slow mobile data: EDGE is 2.5G, so the top speed you can get from it is about 100Kbit/s.

2. Battery life sucks: Five hours of talk/browsing/email or 16 hours of audio playback?

3. Built-in battery: It must be the only mobile phone on the market that doesn't have an easily user-replaceable battery.

(When battery fails then you better live near an apple store or you will have to mail it in)

4. Touch screen: Have you ever stood at a touch-screen terminal in a shop punching away at the screen, trying to get it to register your touch?

5. Heavy data usage: the iPhone uses old-world ‘polling' email methods - POP3 or IMAP, where the phone will check every X minutes for new email and download full emails. The phone might have enough CPU power to rescale that 7MB JPEG, but it still has to download a 7MB JPEG. Either the service fees that go with the phone are going to be huge, or carriers are going to take a bath on data pricing and risk network congestion.

7. Proprietary tie-ins:

8. No video iChat:

10. Only 8GB storage
How do each of these stack up to any other phone on the market that can do all what the iPhone does? It is funny how some people are saying some of these are drawbacks... :excited: :D

7. Proprietary tie-ins:

8. No video iChat:

10. Only 8GB storage
:excited: Point me to a phone that is on the market right now that offers a better overall "package" deal.

7. Proprietary tie-ins:

8. No video iChat:

10. Only 8GB storage
How do each of these stack up to any other phone on the market that can do all what the iPhone does? It is funny how some people are saying some of these are drawbacks... :bag: :lmao:
How many claim their phone has reinvented the market? Read the piece, you can't deny those 10 facts.What I would hate is the old polling e-mail method they chose. I hate waiting every few minutes to have a phone refresh and receive new e-mail. If they are going to knock the blackberry and Treo then you better have at least the newer technology or better.

7. Proprietary tie-ins:

8. No video iChat:

10. Only 8GB storage
:bag: It was only a matter of time. :lmao:

' date='Jan 10 2007, 09:15 AM' post='6181337'] The more I look over the feature list of this phone the more I realize I'm gonna have to get one. Absolutely amazing device. Once they up it to 12-16GB and incorporate a 2+ Megapizel video/cam (likely in next iteration) this wil be the first TRUE convergence device.

As it is now.... unreal. The more I show/tell people about this the more they are blown away by it.... The pricepoint will be a barrier to mass acceptance ($299-349 would be the sweet spot IMHO) they will still sell a ####load of these things.
The iPhone does have a 2MP camera integrated into it. Not sure if it has any video cam modes, though.http://www.apple.com/iphone/phone/
I think it would be better if the user could turn the phone and type using the keyboard in the length way. Seems it would be easier to use. I think a lot of people, me included, are not realizing how much capacity this thing has. Even at 4 GB that is a lot of information that can be stored. Granted, anybody would be "dumb" to not spend the extra $100 for double the capacity if they plan on using this for much more than music too. Not saying this device will ever reach 20 GB but even thinking about that in the size that it is already is astonishing. Dont know if Apple hit a homerun with this yet but how much are these phones going to cut into the iPod market essentially? MSFT comes out with their first iPod type thing and it is already overshawdowed... Sweet!
Yes, 8GB is a lot of space. The only thing that would chew into that substantially would be movies. Even camphone videos (if available) won't really push it. Plus you can easily sync things on/off of the device through iTunes. I've never met a contact/PIM sync program that I like, so that part of the synchronization is still a bit up in the air, but I'm very comfortable with content syncing through iTunes.Like Sammy 3469 said above, there are several brands of 32GB flash RAM devices available now -- SanDisk entering the market means that these devices have moved out of "experimental" and into "stable" mode, so higher capacities are right around the corner.

' date='Jan 10 2007, 10:32 AM' post='6181453']

My top 5 favorite features in this phone that nobody seems to be talking about:

1) Conference Calls - Merge/break calls down extremely easily.

2) Visual Voicemail - See all voicemails listed... no more having to listen through all VM to get to the one you want. Treated like email... but with voice.

3) SMS Conversations : Tracks SMS convesations with one person on a single screen, much less clutter

4) 2 Megapixel Camera - Just realized it had a 2MP Digital camera built in..... sweet! Video would be nice?

5) Widgets - Anyone who's used OSX likely has grown to love em - Having access to them on a phone is :bag: -Weather, Scores, Stock Quotes, News, etc... at your fingertips
2 Megapixel Camera is crappy. If you don't believe me, go take a photo with one and then look at the picture.

2) Visual Voicemail - See all voicemails listed... no more having to listen through all VM to get to the one you want. Treated like email... but with voice.

3) SMS Conversations : Tracks SMS convesations with one person on a single screen, much less clutter

4) 2 Megapixel Camera - Just realized it had a 2MP Digital camera built in..... sweet! Video would be nice?

5) Widgets - Anyone who's used OSX likely has grown to love em - Having access to them on a phone is :bag: -Weather, Scores, Stock Quotes, News, etc... at your fingertips
2 Megapixel Camera is crappy. If you don't believe me, go take a photo with one and then look at the picture.
Show me a cameraphone with a better camera

7. Proprietary tie-ins:

8. No video iChat:

10. Only 8GB storage
:bag: It was only a matter of time. :lmao:
Might as well bring out all the facts unless facts should not be brought into the thread. Let me know if anything isn't truthful.

' date='Jan 10 2007, 10:51 AM' post='6181566']

You were the one who brought up how sweet it was for 2 Megs, not me. I don't buy phones to take pictures. That's my point.

5) Widgets - Anyone who's used OSX likely has grown to love em - Having access to them on a phone is :loco: -Weather, Scores, Stock Quotes, News, etc... at your fingertips
He can't and like I said above, until they get real lenses o nthese things (which is a long way off), it doesn't matter what the MP is, all these thing will suck...it's not the MP that matters, but rather the lens.

5) Widgets - Anyone who's used OSX likely has grown to love em - Having access to them on a phone is :loco: -Weather, Scores, Stock Quotes, News, etc... at your fingertips
He can't and like I said above, until they get real lenses o nthese things (which is a long way off), it doesn't matter what the MP is, all these thing will suck...it's not the MP that matters, but rather the lens.
That's my point. Take pictures on a phone and it won't be good so touting that it's the best out there isn't really accurate when the best currently stinks.

5) Widgets - Anyone who's used OSX likely has grown to love em - Having access to them on a phone is :moneybag: -Weather, Scores, Stock Quotes, News, etc... at your fingertips
Here are 6 ;)

7. Proprietary tie-ins:

8. No video iChat:

10. Only 8GB storage
:moneybag: It was only a matter of time. ;)
Might as well bring out all the facts unless facts should not be brought into the thread. Let me know if anything isn't truthful.
FACT: If this same phone had been introduced by anyone other than Apple, you would be praising it.

5) Widgets - Anyone who's used OSX likely has grown to love em - Having access to them on a phone is ;) -Weather, Scores, Stock Quotes, News, etc... at your fingertips
Here are 6 :lmao:
:moneybag: 3 Meg's is better....

In the grand scheme of things 100bit/s is still fast. On a device that small this is not something to complain about.

Yeah, battery life could be better however this device does much more than other devices. It comes with the territory. More stuff usually equates to less battery life. People will not mind this at the beginning.

Is this really a problem? I would be willing to bet any Cingular store will also be able to change out batteries in the future. This again is not something to complain about.

New technology means there is a learning curve. Any touch screen I have worked with is really no trouble at all. The only complainers are the people who are either impatient or lack the ability to learn new things. Either way give me another phone with this technology.

If things are synched wirelessly people should not complain about the speed that the phone has. There is also the network to look at as well as traffic. While things might be slow I would bet Cingular is upgrading their hardware/software to smooth things out.

Oh MY GOD.. call the police on this one. A 2-mpeg camera is good for close up pictures and thats about it. Are people looking for 36x24 quality from a camera phone? Are they looking for 8x zoom lenses? Really... this is a complaint that is not even a detriment.

7. Proprietary tie-ins:

So what?

8. No video iChat:

Are there other devices with this capability? If this is a problem than hold me back because I doubt the majority of people would even begin to use an iPhone for this feature. If the market calls for it they will bring it in in the future but for now it is a nonissue.

For a small time most likely. Other phones have done this in the past so if this is a complaint than start pointing the fingers at other phone makers. This is what all new phones have. Not an issue here.

10. Only 8GB storage

OH MY GOD... hold me back on this one as well. Are there phones with more memory? Are there phones that can do more? Complaining about this is like complaining about the hole in the wall that a picture is hanging on... no complaints here.
:moneybag: It was only a matter of time. ;)
Bolded. These "complaints" are funny and should not even be considered.

Any more thought on how the phone will synch with MS Outlook from my desktop?J
I haven't seen anything on this yet but I'm betting that they will bundle all synchronization together and do it through iTunes. There is calendar and contact sync built into iTunes for iPods now, but I imagine they will be beefing it up quite a bit between now and June.It's interesting because I absolutely hate contact synchronization software, but I'm pretty comfortable with iTunes and I already have it installed on my PC. That could be a pretty significant in for Apple with this new device as far as consumer acceptance goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

5) Widgets - Anyone who's used OSX likely has grown to love em - Having access to them on a phone is :thumbdown: -Weather, Scores, Stock Quotes, News, etc... at your fingertips
You were the one who brought up how sweet it was for 2 Megs, not me. I don't buy phones to take pictures. That's my point.
This is my last post to you in this thread as I'm not going to contribute to you ruining yet another thread by spamming it with idiotic ramblings....A cell phone camera at this point is not intended to replace a dedicated camera for pre-planned photo ops. What it DOES do is offer a nice means to capture moments when you might not have your main camera with you.

I have a nice 8MP digital cam that will take MUCH better pictures.. but I dont' want to carry it with me everywhere. I'm not going to argue the benefits of having a integrated phone with adequate resolution... EVERYONE knows the benefits... you're just being a tool by arguing against it.... as usual.

Stick with valid arguements and people might take you a litlte more seriously.. as it is now you're a joke.... then again, you've never been much more than that, no matter how many time you try to change your username to hide behind a new identity. :lmao:

J,If I had to gamble I would currently say no. I base that on the fact that that's an important feature and Jobs would mention the phone could do that. If you read the link I posted in a previous message you will see that unlike Blackberry (and assume Trio) you aren't going to get real time e-mail on the IPhone. I don't know about you but if I am using a device to tract e-mail I want it real time, not "wait every x amount of minutes to see if new e-mail has come in".

One very critical thing is the battery. Currently, it's built in so unless you live near an Apple store then you are seriously screwed when the battery goes out. Shipping out an IPOD and waiting a week to get it back is one thing but not when it's your phone.

7. Proprietary tie-ins:

8. No video iChat:

10. Only 8GB storage
:thumbdown: It was only a matter of time. :lmao:
Like your omission of the author admitting the iPhone's techno-superiority to most phones on the market?From the same article.:

Do I want one of these? You bet! Is it one of the most technologically advanced phones on the market? Absolutely.

J,If I had to gamble I would currently say no. I base that on the fact that that's an important feature and Jobs would mention the phone could do that. If you read the link I posted in a previous message you will see that unlike Blackberry (and assume Trio) you aren't going to get real time e-mail on the IPhone. I don't know about you but if I am using a device to tract e-mail I want it real time, not "wait every x amount of minutes to see if new e-mail has come in".
Yea...I hate waiting ONE mintue for an email. That is going to totally slow down my production.

It may not be super-simple right away (might be a 2 step process), but I guarantee that it will be possible. The iPhone will be running Apples calendar/contact management software which can pretty much be synced with anything right now. The smartest solution may be to quit using MS Outlook and switch everything over to that new mac you just got. :moneybag:

Wrong again since itunes syncs with your MS Outlook. I currently have all my MS Outlook contacts on iPod.

One very critical thing is the battery. Currently, it's built in so unless you live near an Apple store then you are seriously screwed when the battery goes out. Shipping out an IPOD and waiting a week to get it back is one thing but not when it's your phone.
Cingular doens't provide support for their phones anymore? Other providers won't provide support for their phones when they start carrying this phone this summer?Troll.

Yea...I hate waiting ONE mintue for an email. That is going to totally slow down my production.
Why wait when you don't have to with the BB and Trio?Also the keyboard > touch screen. You type much faster on a BB keyboard than touching a screen to write e-mails or text messages.

I haven't seen anything on this yet but I'm betting that they will bundle all synchronization together and do it through iTunes. There is calendar and contact sync built into iTunes for iPods now, but I imagine they will be beefing it up quite a bit between now and June.It's interesting because I absolutely hate contact synchronization software, but I'm pretty comfortable with iTunes and I already have it installed on my PC. That could be a pretty significant in for Apple with this new device as far as consumer acceptance goes.
I know on the Mac that there is a system contact book that is managed with the Address Book application and transferred to the iPod via iTunes. Same with calendars - managed iCal on the Mac, synched to the iPod through iTunes. I haven't ever synched my iPod with my PC, but the Windows iTunes help claims to grab contacts and calendar info from Outlook. I wouldn't think it would work too much differently for the iPhone (although the metadata stored for each contact would be expanded to include things like custom ringtones and wallpapers, etc.) Also, it will now need to sync in the other direction; changes made to contacts and calendars on the iPhone would need to be transferred back, and that doesn't happen with iPods currently.

' date='Jan 10 2007, 11:19 AM' post='6181761']

Cingular doens't provide support for their phones anymore? Other providers won't provide support for their phones when they start carrying this phone this summer?Tool.
Apple owns it not Cingular and from what I've read you will have to deal with Apple, not Cingular regarding issues with the phone.

Cause God knows, Apple welds that SIM card into the iPhone. Making it nigh-impossible to transfer it to a cheap, spare stand-by, while you ship the iPhone back to Apple. Wanna bet AppleCare has an overnight replacement plan when this thing goes live?

It may not be super-simple right away (might be a 2 step process), but I guarantee that it will be possible. The iPhone will be running Apples calendar/contact management software which can pretty much be synced with anything right now. The smartest solution may be to quit using MS Outlook and switch everything over to that new mac you just got. :banned:
:own3d: By the way, I did grow up on Apple computers (which I don't know if you know, Apple has done away with the "computers" part of their name) and currently was given a Nano. :bag:

Cingular doens't provide support for their phones anymore? Other providers won't provide support for their phones when they start carrying this phone this summer?

Tool.
Apple owns it not Cingular and from what I've read you will have to deal with Apple, not Cingular regarding issues with the phone.
:own3d: I'm not saying it's certainly not the case but I'd like to see a link as it would be a first if cingular was not supporting a phone that htey carried.

I'd prefer that link to something other than heresay from a blog as well...TIA

Cause God knows, Apple welds that SIM card into the iPhone. Making it nigh-impossible to transfer it to a cheap, spare stand-by, while you ship the iPhone back to Apple. Wanna bet AppleCare has an overnight replacement plan when this thing goes live?
Dunno. All I know is that when your IPOD doesn't work and you don't live near an Apple store you have to wait about a week to get one back. Perhaps they will have free overnight service with their phones but what happens when BB and Trio users ditch for this phone and the batter or any other major issue comes up? Don't know about you but there's no way I could send it in and expect to wait days to get one back.

Any more thought on how the phone will synch with MS Outlook from my desktop?

J
Push e-mail from Yahoo! down?

' date='Jan 10 2007, 11:29 AM' post='6181815']

Cingular doens't provide support for their phones anymore? Other providers won't provide support for their phones when they start carrying this phone this summer?

Tool.
:shrug: I'm not saying it's certainly not the case but I'd like to see a link as it would be a first if cingular was not supporting a phone that htey carried.

Well, if you buy an IPOD at Best Buy and the IPOD freezes up and no longer works, will Best Buy fix it? With my old IPOD I had to ship it to Apple (live in NYC and no way can I take off of work during the day and wait hours at the store) and at best I got it back 4 or 5 days later.RE: The link I provided, he did say he would still want an Iphone.

If I have a phone with contacts and e-mail usage there's no way I could wait even a full day without it so hopefully Apple has an overnight service plan or cingular will give you a replacement iphone but doesn't sound like it so far.

Any more thought on how the phone will synch with MS Outlook from my desktop?

J
Push e-mail from Yahoo! down?
MS OUTLOOK

How many claim their phone has reinvented the market? Read the piece, you can't deny those 10 facts.
:shrug: Any new product with specs on features we want to be unlimited (battery life, memory) can be stated with the word "only" in front of it. Saying that it only lasts x hours and only has y mb memory may be a fact - but not much of a case to hate it if there isn'y a better similar product on the market.

As for "waiting" for the polling - what? You don't think you're waiting for pushes?

Tool.
:shrug: I'm not saying it's certainly not the case but I'd like to see a link as it would be a first if cingular was not supporting a phone that htey carried.

Well, if you buy an IPOD at Best Buy and the IPOD freezes up and no longer works, will Best Buy fix it? With my old IPOD I had to ship it to Apple (live in NYC and no way can I take off of work during the day and wait hours at the store) and at best I got it back 4 or 5 days later.RE: The link I provided, he did say he would still want an Iphone.

If I have a phone with contacts and e-mail usage there's no way I could wait even a full day without it so hopefully Apple has an overnight service plan or cingular will give you a replacement iphone but doesn't sound like it so far.
I am sure the people on your contact list wouldn't mind waiting a day or two or ten without being contacted by you.

5) Widgets - Anyone who's used OSX likely has grown to love em - Having access to them on a phone is :D -Weather, Scores, Stock Quotes, News, etc... at your fingertips
Here are 6 :nerd:
:nerd: 3 Meg's is better....
:own3d:
Nokia N73 GSMRegular price: $599.99
Enjoy.

:nerd: I'm not saying it's certainly not the case but I'd like to see a link as it would be a first if cingular was not supporting a phone that htey carried.

Well, if you buy an IPOD at Best Buy and the IPOD freezes up and no longer works, will Best Buy fix it? With my old IPOD I had to ship it to Apple (live in NYC and no way can I take off of work during the day and wait hours at the store) and at best I got it back 4 or 5 days later.
YOu can't possibly be this dense, can you?Are you seriously comparing a phone sold through cingular to a MP3 player sold through best buy?

Come on man... you're not very bright but you aren't usually this lame.

You said you READ that cingular doesn't support the iPhone.. please provide a link. I'm sure you wouldn't lie about something like that...

Tool.
:nerd: I'm not saying it's certainly not the case but I'd like to see a link as it would be a first if cingular was not supporting a phone that htey carried.

here's another link, again, you may want to contact Apple or Cingular to get a definitive anwer since this isn't a current article but it brings up the points I've made. You can't assume that Iphone will be handled differently than the IPOD but not 100% sure.http://networks.silicon.com/mobile/0,39024...39163768,00.htm

Upwardly Mobile: Why I won't buy an iPhone

Get those wild horses ready - it's not going to happen

By Jo Best

Published: Friday 10 November 2006

Apple may think all iPod users are dying to buy an iPhone - but not Jo Best. Here she explains what she really, really wants from a mobile - and why she doesn't think the Mac maker can deliver it.

Like anyone with a thing for gadgets and gossip, I've been following the various twists and turns in the rumoured Apple iPhone saga with excitement. A mobile phone from the makers of the sexy iPod? How could I not? Patents this, domain registrations that - I've read it all.

But there's no way on earth I'll be raiding my piggybank for one when it eventually comes out - and it will come out, despite the lack of confirmation from Cupertino.

Before any of the Apple loyal start hitting their 'flame reporter' key, I'll tell you why. Just think about what Apple does really well and what it does really, really badly.

Like a lot of people, I own an iPod - and it's a pretty foxy beast - but like a lot of people, my iPod has been back to the shop more times than I care to think about. Hardware durability isn't the strong point of Apple's music devices and I worry the same could be true of the iPhone. I can live without my iPod for a few days while it gets fixed - I can't do the same with my phone.

And what of battery life? My iPod needs charging every day to play music for an hour or two. Heaven forbid the same would happen to my mobile. My iPod - admittedly a couple years old - needs more care and attention to get it through the day than should be necessary. Phones need to just work. Will the iPhone be able to deliver that?

Then there's the DRM, or digital rights management for those that aren't up on that acronym. Apple's DRM is, well, awful. I've spent hours of my life convincing iTunes I should be allowed to play songs I either ripped from lawfully bought CDs or purchased from Apple itself on my laptop or my iPod.

Now imagine this attitude toward content protection (Is Apple protecting me from myself? I wish it wouldn't) applied to all the other content on my phone. I'd rather not.

Rumour has it there will be two variants of the iPhone - a straightforward mobile and a smart phone. That smart phone could store music and videos as well as contact info and Excel, Word and PDF files. I know Apple isn't stupid and probably won't put copy protection on my PIM-type content but I do not trust them in this area and would inspect closely their DRM policy on the iPhone before considering a purchase.

Ready to flame me yet? Well, let's take a look at what Apple does really well. Software for one. iTunes is a great advert for Apple's ability to make software and hardware intuitive and easy to use. I'm a big fan of its Spotlight search technology - it's delightfully painless, as tech should be. If a phone could bring me up a text message or contact I was looking for in the same way iTunes helps me find a song, I'd be a happy bunny indeed.

The company's great with media management too - I have a sneaking suspicion Motorola, Nokia et al would be wise to learn from OS X's approach to managing video, photos and suchlike. And let's not forget the design - an iPhone is going to be a beautiful thing. Nokia, Samsung, RIM and many other handset makers may do functionality, but looks? Nah. Some of their phones should have bags on their metaphorical heads.

I suspect Apple's big idea is to sell the iPhone as a single device for phone and music functionality. But I've got an iPod and a mobile and it hasn't bothered me yet, despite the plethora of phones with built-in music players flooding the market. So still, no iPhone for me.

I'd also like to state for the record that if Microsoft created a Phune (a phone and a Zune in one, geddit?), I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole either but that's a different story.

So let me tell you what I would like. Nokia, come over here. Apple, you stand next to Nokia. Now shake hands. (Can you see where I'm going with this?)

I want a Nokia which runs a mobile version of OS X. I'd really like Nokia to make the iPhone - an N Series for the kids, if you will, an E series for the suits. Nokia's durability and battery life, Apple's intuitive software. It's a marriage made in heaven. And maybe, after the post coital cigarette, RIM could get involved too. Hey, it's just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread