What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite Podcast (1 Viewer)

Cunk

Footballguy
Of course The Audible takes center stage on my Ipod. I've been having a hard time finding anything that I may enjoy on a regular basis. I was wondering if anyone had any they listen frequently to (Video or audio).

The other 3 Podcasts I subscribe to are Coffee Break Spanish (great for someone trying to learn Spanish), BrainFood, which some grad student explains how things in daily life work (i.e. touch screens, contact lenses, boomerangs) and the Boston Globe (short summary of their front page news).

Today I find myself without anything really to listen to. Any ideas?

My two main ones:

Condensed Replay of Preston & Steve Morning Show

- Been listening to the show for years, this is one morning show thats actually funny

- Check out some of the "Best Of Shows" including the Science Days and Drunk Shows to get started

Las Vegas Podcast: Five Hundy By Midnight

- Start listening again whenever a Vegas trip is coming up (April)

I also have PTI on there in case I miss the actual show but I usually don't (thanks DVR).

You can also find these on iTunes but I don't know if you can post a direct link somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since getting my iPod for Christmas, I have become a bit of a podcast junkie.

Here's my list:

6o Second Science

APM: Marketplace Money

APM: The Splendid Table

Astronomy 161 - Intro to Solar System Astronomy

Astronomy a Go Go

Astronomy Cast

Bon Appetit

Brain Food

Dog Whisperer (Video)

Epicurious: Food and Drink (Video)

Golf Improvement Weekly

Insta Spanish Lessons

Learn Spanish - Survival Guide

Coffee Break Spanish

Rolling R's: Spanish Lessons (Video)

Science Friday

Scientific Americans Science Talk

Best of National Geographic

Wild Chronicles (Video)

I really like a lot of the podcasts at Garagepunk. They have a lot of old garage rock, punk, and soul. There is a new podcast "Backseat Beat" I really like a lot. Here's the description:

Crystal has been busy rolling around in the backseat of her car listening to all the greatest hot rod garage punkt tunes....and what would you know? She wound up having a love.

check out garagepunk.com They have alot of great shows...My favorates are:

Hot Slop

One cup of coffee and a cigarette

Rock n Roll Suicide

Savage Kick

....and an old one that I dont think they have had any recent shows but you should definately check out the archives is "Florida rocks again" its a bunch of old 60;s bands from Florida.

I have Bill Maher, and The Adam Carolla Show that I listen to all the time, and then PTI, and Mike and Mike that I listen to rarely. I also listen to DiggNation's weekley.

There's a board game review podcast that I've listened to many times. It's called "The Dice Tower." Sometimes it can be VERY VERY cheesy but there's can be some very decent game reviews.

As for The Audible, I'm sorry but I cannot support it. I listened to it a couple of times back in September and it was basically unlistenable. It didn't have any information that wasn't readily available on ESPN or CBS Sportsline. I found this to be quite strange given the general quality of the in-season FBG information.

I like Coffee Break Spanish. I do find it funny though to be learning Spanish from some Scottish people.

I also listen to:

- Manager-Tools

- NPR Business Story of the Day

- TIME Business Podcast

- The Onion Radio News

- VH1 Best Week/Night Ever

- Strong Bad Emails and More (the guy making this HAS to be on drugs)

- Given to Cast - Pearl Jam podcast. Just started listening to this one. The audio is horrible and the host sucks.

- Craft Beer Radio - just subscribe to this one, haven't listened to it yet.

it all starts and ends w/ tiki bar tvi call dips on lala...hands off!!!
Thanks for the tip! This show is hilarious. I love the amateur yet goodness about it. You are right. LaLa is one hot nugget of brunette goodness!Love the Irish lawyer.

Of course The Audible takes center stage on my Ipod.
Thanks Cunk! I am posting interviews with Mayock, Mortensen, Kirwin, and several senior bowl players today. :scared:
Don't take this the wrong way, Cecil, because you have grown on me since the podcasts have started, but I think if I was walking down the street in downtown Tokyo telling my friend how much I enjoyed the FBG podcasts, I would fully expect you to jump out of the nearest sake bar and say, Thanks, hacman! Look out for my interview with Adam Shefter on the state of the Broncos next week!Keep up the great work- :wall:

Of course The Audible takes center stage on my Ipod.
Thanks Cunk! I am posting interviews with Mayock, Mortensen, Kirwin, and several senior bowl players today. :thumbup:
Don't take this the wrong way, Cecil, because you have grown on me since the podcasts have started, but I think if I was walking down the street in downtown Tokyo telling my friend how much I enjoyed the FBG podcasts, I would fully expect you to jump out of the nearest sake bar and say, Thanks, hacman! Look out for my interview with Adam Shefter on the state of the Broncos next week!Keep up the great work- :thumbup:
:lol: great one!

As for The Audible, I'm sorry but I cannot support it. I listened to it a couple of times back in September and it was basically unlistenable. It didn't have any information that wasn't readily available on ESPN or CBS Sportsline. I found this to be quite strange given the general quality of the in-season FBG information.
falconeyed, make sure to check in with us every so often. We have some great stuff planned for the non-playing season (there is no offseason). Feedback is always appreciated!

Here's KCRW's podcasts. Morning becomes eclectic is good for music (most of the time). However, my favorite KCRW show Metropolis isn't available as a podcast, so you either have to catch it live on air or go with the on demand download (real player), or go with their streaming program which it is a part of.

I've been listening to podcasts while I run. Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier's Smodcast is a must. Real Time with Bill Maher is good as well. The problem with those two are that they are weekly or worse in their releases. I need add a couple more. I've tried Dennis Miller a couple times, and he's alright, but he's turned into a bit of a right wing nut. After reading this thread, I'm going to give Penn and Carrolla a shot. Anyone else with some suggestions? Funny and/or political are a plus. An hour or more in legnth is a plus as well.

I love many of the NPR podcasts. This American Life, Fresh Air, etc. Plus, Dan Savage's sex advice podcast is pretty good.

Second for Radio Lab. Best podcast I have ever listened to. Informative, humorous, educational, interesting.
I'm pretty new to podcasts and this thread led me to Radio Lab. Phenomenal! Definitely my favorite podcast.On a side note, does anyone have any good 5-10 minute daily podcasts that give a brief roundup of news, sports, and business.

I've found a news one on NPR that is about five minutes a day. It's pretty decent. But I have had no luck finding a good daily sports or business. Any tips?

man and wife show.

Sex advice show. The guy is Fat man scoop. I guess hes a rapper and he's super funny. Not the best advice but still funny.

I'm new to podcasts, how can you Dload them to WMP, since I have no Ipod, just my cell that has 2 gigs of memory. Do I need a particular plugin? What is the RSS stuff about?

Definitely Adam Carolla's show. Also occasionally listen to the Sports Guy's podcasts, although most of them fall into the category of "Bill calls up one of his buddies and talks about uninteresting stuff."

Since getting my iPod for Christmas, I have become a bit of a podcast junkie.Here's my list:6o Second ScienceAPM: Marketplace MoneyAPM: The Splendid TableAstronomy 161 - Intro to Solar System AstronomyAstronomy a Go GoAstronomy CastBon AppetitBrain FoodDog Whisperer (Video)Epicurious: Food and Drink (Video)Golf Improvement WeeklyInsta Spanish LessonsLearn Spanish - Survival GuideCoffee Break SpanishRolling R's: Spanish Lessons (Video)Science FridayScientific Americans Science TalkBest of National GeographicWild Chronicles (Video)
Where do you get these from?

From a previous FBG recommendation:

In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg. - From the BBC, Melvyn talks science, literature, philosophy with assembled experts in the topic. Absolutely amazing.

For something less intellectual:

No Agenda with Adam Curry (yeah that Adam Curry) and John C. Dvorak (of tech journalism fame). - From podshow.com, these two just BS for an hour. It's good.

Since getting my iPod for Christmas, I have become a bit of a podcast junkie.Here's my list:6o Second ScienceAPM: Marketplace MoneyAPM: The Splendid TableAstronomy 161 - Intro to Solar System AstronomyAstronomy a Go GoAstronomy CastBon AppetitBrain FoodDog Whisperer (Video)Epicurious: Food and Drink (Video)Golf Improvement WeeklyInsta Spanish LessonsLearn Spanish - Survival GuideCoffee Break SpanishRolling R's: Spanish Lessons (Video)Science FridayScientific Americans Science TalkBest of National GeographicWild Chronicles (Video)
Just google them.

I get them all through iTunes. If you use a different MP3 player, or don't use iTunes, most of them are probably available directly from the associated websites.

Great thread here. RadioLab and the "Movies You Should See" recommendations have led to a ton of great listening for me. The fact that the "Books You Should Read" Podcast chose House of Leaves as a book to review made me subscribe without needing to listen to one word of it. Awesome.

Keep the recommendations coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely Adam Carolla's show. Also occasionally listen to the Sports Guy's podcasts, although most of them fall into the category of "Bill calls up one of his buddies and talks about uninteresting stuff."
These are actually my favorite.Some others I listen to:

IGN video game podcasts: Game Scoop and Three Red Lights

Major Nelson (Xbox)

another vote for Kevin Smith's Smodcast. Now that he has wrapped his latest movie he seems to have found a regular pace of one per week again.

50/20 Sports is good. Havent listened to it in a while though. Hosted by James Carville and Luke Russert.

I recently won a Microsft Zune from redeeming my Pepsi Stuff points, and I have been having a blast with this thing. :thumbup: I'm like a kid in a candy shop with these podcasts.

I've always enjoyed NPR programming, so not surprisingly, I already get quite a few of their shows. I have also added the RadioLab and Movies You Should See podcasts listed above and am looking forward to those. So far, my favorite podcasts are:

Audio:

NPR: Car Talk

NPR: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me

NPR: The Diane Rehm Show

NPR: Fresh Air

FBG: The Audible

ESPN: Football Today

Iowa Big Ten Network

Second for Radio Lab. Best podcast I have ever listened to. Informative, humorous, educational, interesting.
I'm pretty new to podcasts and this thread led me to Radio Lab. Phenomenal! Definitely my favorite podcast.
RadioLab aired this season's first of five new episodes on Friday. It should be up for download soon. :wub:
I'm glad I went ahead and got on this one. I listened to two episodes this AM and I think it will quickly become a favorite.Also really laughed at the Movies You Should See podcast. Those people remind me of me and my friends sitting at a bar goofing on movies and drinking beer.

Users who are viewing this thread