What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite Podcast (1 Viewer)

Excellent thread.

I'll second (or maybe third) the nomination for Hardcore History. Dan Carlin's other podcast, Common Sense, is also very good.

some that I'm currently listening to

Tech-MacBreak Weekly ,Tech5(Dvorak 5 minute pods),This Week in Tech,Mobile Tech Roundup,Buzz

Movies-Movies You Should See, Scene Unseen, Filmspotting ,DVD Digigods

Digital Photography-This Week in Photography,Indecent Exposure,Digital Photography Life

No Agenda

The Definitive Word

The Dennis Miller Show (interviews only)

The 404 (tech/pop-culture)

On the DL (sports/pop-culture) - This is my favorite right now. Dan Levy posts about twice a week. He has Kornheiser on once a month and various guys from the blog-world. It's sports centered but definitely gets into other elements of the culture. Very entertaining, simple, down-to-earth show. He's the anti-Cowheard.

Second for Radio Lab. Best podcast I have ever listened to. Informative, humorous, educational, interesting.
I'm pretty new to podcasts and this thread led me to Radio Lab. Phenomenal! Definitely my favorite podcast.
RadioLab aired this season's first of five new episodes on Friday. It should be up for download soon. :excited:
I'm glad I went ahead and got on this one. I listened to two episodes this AM and I think it will quickly become a favorite.Also really laughed at the Movies You Should See podcast. Those people remind me of me and my friends sitting at a bar goofing on movies and drinking beer.
Well, it's been a few months now and I've tried several podcasts. These are the ones that I have kept in daily rotation:NPR: WAMU Diane Rehm Show

NPR: Car Talk

NPR: Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me

NPR: Movies

NPR: Fresh Air

NPR: Talk Of The Nation

WNYC RadioLab

Movies You Should See

Raise Your Kids, Not Your Voice

Irish Fireside

Travel With Rick Steves

And probably my favorite new podcast- Stuff You Should Know . This is a 15 minute (or so) daily podcast that covers a wide range of topics. Some recent ones include: How Going Over Niagara Falls Works, How Habeas Corpus Works, Is There A Worst Way To Die?, and How Body Armor Works. They are very informative and entertaining guys and the program is just the right length.

As for The Audible, I'm sorry but I cannot support it. I listened to it a couple of times back in September and it was basically unlistenable. It didn't have any information that wasn't readily available on ESPN or CBS Sportsline. I found this to be quite strange given the general quality of the in-season FBG information.
In my opinion the Audible really shines around NFL draft time and early in the training camps/pre season when it isn't nearly as easy to pick up NFL information from other sources. I'd definitely give it another try at those two times of year.

Of course The Audible takes center stage on my Ipod. I've been having a hard time finding anything that I may enjoy on a regular basis. I was wondering if anyone had any they listen frequently to (Video or audio).

The other 3 Podcasts I subscribe to are Coffee Break Spanish (great for someone trying to learn Spanish), BrainFood, which some grad student explains how things in daily life work (i.e. touch screens, contact lenses, boomerangs) and the Boston Globe (short summary of their front page news).

Today I find myself without anything really to listen to. Any ideas?
These sound good.

Second for Radio Lab. Best podcast I have ever listened to. Informative, humorous, educational, interesting.
I'm pretty new to podcasts and this thread led me to Radio Lab. Phenomenal! Definitely my favorite podcast.
RadioLab aired this season's first of five new episodes on Friday. It should be up for download soon. :shrug:
I'm glad I went ahead and got on this one. I listened to two episodes this AM and I think it will quickly become a favorite.Also really laughed at the Movies You Should See podcast. Those people remind me of me and my friends sitting at a bar goofing on movies and drinking beer.
Well, it's been a few months now and I've tried several podcasts. These are the ones that I have kept in daily rotation:NPR: WAMU Diane Rehm Show

NPR: Car Talk

NPR: Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me

NPR: Movies

NPR: Fresh Air

NPR: Talk Of The Nation

WNYC RadioLab

Movies You Should See

Raise Your Kids, Not Your Voice

Irish Fireside

Travel With Rick Steves

And probably my favorite new podcast- Stuff You Should Know . This is a 15 minute (or so) daily podcast that covers a wide range of topics. Some recent ones include: How Going Over Niagara Falls Works, How Habeas Corpus Works, Is There A Worst Way To Die?, and How Body Armor Works. They are very informative and entertaining guys and the program is just the right length.
I highly recommend The Moth.

endless boundaries.

its a radio show dedicated to jam bands and what not. its really good. if you like that genre and are intrested in finding new music you can't find a better too. he has a website that is frequesnted too.

linkage

Coverville - By far the best podcast I listen to. 45-60 min of nothing but cover songs with a bit of music trivia thrown in.

This Week In Tech - Great tech podcast with Leo Laporte (Screen Savers, Call for Help), John C Divork and others

Bill Simmonds podcast

Diggnation - Great pop culture/tech show

Totally Rad Show - podcast about Movies, Comics and Video Games. Great production value

Pretty much anything on Revision3

The New Adam Carolla Podcast is great...its basically 45 minutes Mon-Fri, and basically him going off on random stuff....throw some guests in for good measure.

Great Show.

The New Adam Carolla Podcast is great...its basically 45 minutes Mon-Fri, and basically him going off on random stuff....throw some guests in for good measure.Great Show.
:hifive: Going to be the #1 podcast soon...he had 1m downloads for the week
Currently IS the #1 podcast on iTunes.
Being on the east coast I never even knew he had a radio show. So far I've listened to all his new podcasts and I love them! Guy is hilarious! Thank god they canned him.

Absolutely loving The Moth. Thanks for the recommendation; I doubt I'd have found it otherwise.Hard to tell from the name, but it's a live stage show in which people get up and tell short stories -- usually 15-20 minutes in length -- and most of them have some emotional pull. Some raw emotion, some comedy, all very well told by professionals (standup comics, writers, etc) with a few non-pros mixed in. Laugh out loud funny often, dust in the eyes at times as well.

Look forward to updates here just as much as I do RadioLab. If you're into RL or This American Life, this one's a must listen.

:sadbanana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately been listening to the BS Report w/Bill Simmons and Adam Carolla's podcast. Usually listen to assorted tech shows and some football shows including the audible

Absolutely loving The Moth. Thanks for the recommendation; I doubt I'd have found it otherwise.Hard to tell from the name, but it's a live stage show in which people get up and tell short stories -- usually 15-20 minutes in length -- and most of them have some emotional pull. Some raw emotion, some comedy, all very well told by professionals (standup comics, writers, etc) with a few non-pros mixed in. Laugh out loud funny often, dust in the eyes at times as well.

Look forward to updates here just as much as I do RadioLab. If you're into RL or This American Life, this one's a must listen.

:goodposting:
Sweet. It's one of my favorites. Since you like that, I think you'd also like This American Life and Storycorps. Both are available via iTunes and the Net.

:excited:
Sweet. It's one of my favorites. Since you like that, I think you'd also like This American Life and Storycorps. Both are available via iTunes and the Net.
Thanks. This American Life is solid, but is a little lower on my drive time rotation. I'll check out Storycorps. :excited:

The New Adam Carolla Podcast is great...its basically 45 minutes Mon-Fri, and basically him going off on random stuff....throw some guests in for good measure.Great Show.
I liked it at first, but this one's getting old real quick for me.

I've been listening to "Dan Carlin's Hard Core History"

it goes deep into historical events and movements, deep then I've ever learned any of it before

he has another one called "Common Sense w/ Dan Carlin" thats pretty coll as well that is a more modern day slant

His guests were pretty stale for a bit. Bunch of no-namers and such. Listening to the new one with Joe Rogan and its pretty cool so far.

Jene Bramel said:
jdoggydogg said:
Jene Bramel said:

:stalker:
Thanks. This American Life is solid, but is a little lower on my drive time rotation. I'll check out Storycorps. :stalker:
Storycorps is about my favorite, and they're only about 4 minutes long - so you can rip through them quickly.

:goodposting:
I Love the Moth since I found it in this thread. Anyone know where I can get a good backlog (archive) of the Moth? I am tempted to buy the CDs online, but $50 is pricey. I would rather donate to the moth, and download the albums elsewhere...Anyone know where they can be found online?

His guests were pretty stale for a bit. Bunch of no-namers and such. Listening to the new one with Joe Rogan and its pretty cool so far.
I finally listened to that one a few days ago, and you're right that it was much better than most. He actually let Rogan talk more than his usual guest. His usual thing of having a guest but then not letting them get more than a few words in is what started to bother me. I'd like to hear more of the guests stories and viewpoints than Corolla's all of the time.

jhib said:
I finally listened to that one a few days ago, and you're right that it was much better than most. He actually let Rogan talk more than his usual guest. His usual thing of having a guest but then not letting them get more than a few words in is what started to bother me. I'd like to hear more of the guests stories and viewpoints than Corolla's all of the time.
YOu need to listen to the latest podcast wtih Harland Williams. I don't find Harland that funny, but Carolla goes on 2 rants that are award worthy. His second, on torture and waterboarding, is an instant Carolla-Classic.

Still listening to On the DL. It's now a daily.

Joe Sports Fan Show. Three dudes host, have on a couple of guests, and riff on sports stuff. Usually pretty funny and entertaining.

Deadcast - the Deadspin podcast with Drew Magary. It's a little hit or miss to me, mostly because of pointless, incessant potty-mouth. But last week the guest was Matt Vasgergian and it was a solid hour of candor...I was shocked that Vagergian was such a good interview.

RadioLab back this week with a new schedule. Looks like they're scrapping the five show burst seasons in favor of a slower release without the long delay between seasons.

Haven't listened yet, but a new hour long show was released Tuesday.

:thumbup:

For me it is:

The Steve Czaban Show

The Adam Carolla podcast

The Dan Patrick show

Leo Laporte

It really helps to pass the time at work and on my commute.

I only listen to Bill Simmons' from time to time. I'm sure I'd listen to more if wasn't the only person on the planet that still doesn't have an ipod.

been listening to TWIT - this week in tech and think its great. Subscribed to this week in science too, but havent listened yet.

Want to listen to adam corola, bill simmmons ones but I just dont have time for the daily ones. But the weekly ones seem to work well.

Any good liberal talk shows that are podcasted? On the right, I like 560 AM, Big John Howell and Cisco, but it's a right wing talk show.

Thom Hartmann, from what others have said, has a good show, but like quite a few hosts, now make you pay for their shows, something I don't understand. If I want to listen, I'll listen, maybe I'll listen to the previous day's show, but I'm not going to pay for something that is now old news.

I'd love to give Hartmann a shot, but I don't want to pay...Any other shows that are local shows podcasted for free, that are good shows?

Any good liberal talk shows that are podcasted? On the right, I like 560 AM, Big John Howell and Cisco, but it's a right wing talk show. Thom Hartmann, from what others have said, has a good show, but like quite a few hosts, now make you pay for their shows, something I don't understand. If I want to listen, I'll listen, maybe I'll listen to the previous day's show, but I'm not going to pay for something that is now old news.I'd love to give Hartmann a shot, but I don't want to pay...Any other shows that are local shows podcasted for free, that are good shows?
If you do a net search for Stephanie Miller, her show is very entertaining. Kind of a Daily Show style. I don't know if the podcast is free, but live streaming is free.

bump

Listening to:

BS Report with Bill Simmons

The Adam Carolla Podcast

The Sports Junkies(local DC show, anybody who likes sports and pop culture will love it!)

Using DoggCatcher Podcast program for my Android.

Users who are viewing this thread