What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite Podcast (2 Viewers)

I was giddy when Duncan introduced Otto von Bismarck on Revolutions - I've always had a gap between the French Revolution and World War I, and reaching the point where they link up was really exciting... I'm such a dork.

I am trying to find a master list of things mentioned in Joe Rogans podcast listed by episodes. I am usually listening in the car and many times I hear them mention a book,movie, video etc.. that I would like to look up.

Unfortunately my memory is worse then Rogan's. Is anyone aware of such a list?

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the podcast Unconcluded, it's a real time investigation into the disappearance of a friend of mines sister in Orlando.  She has been missing 12 years, and it's just a really weird & interesting case.  
Is it Jennifer Kesse? If so, I'm going to have to check this out. At the time of her disappearance, I lived less than 2 miles away from her (I had nothing to do with it) and vividly remember the search and all the flyers everywhere, etc. 

About halfway through this one, interesting subject that kind of goes off Carin's beaten path. Dan delves into the mobs fascination with watching executions and torture at mass events. In typical Carlin fashion he describes events in detail so if that creeps you out this one is probably not for you.
I did about 30 mins before turning it off. Not creeped out but just not interested in 4.5 hours on the subject. First HH episode I’ve skipped since instarted listening a couple years ago. 

Phil's and EG's comments about "Unconcluded" got me thinking about a guy I knew that was involved (accused) in a murder.  I googled it and saw that it was an episode on a podcast called "Accused".  I just saw it, so I haven't given it a listen yet.  There are also a series of articles about it from a couple of years ago in the Cincinnati Enquirer.  

I know this guy pretty well.  He was 2 years older but we played on the same Little League team when I was 10.  We lived in the same neighborhood, our parents knew his parents, his sister and I were in the same grade.  I had a pencil lead in my thigh for years from a #2 she stabbed me with when I was pestering her in 5th grade  :D .  He was a very good athlete - a pitcher on the Ohio State championship Little League team, All-State QB and safety in high school and stand-out safety at a then very good, Miami of Ohio football team.  

The story is that he walked in on his girlfriend's dead body in the late Spring of their senior year (after graduation) at their campus-area apartment.  He then confessed within a day but later recanted and was exonerated in both criminal and civil cases.  School was out at the time, but I had attended Miami that year and the year before. 

Check out the podcast Unconcluded, it's a real time investigation into the disappearance of a friend of mines sister in Orlando.  She has been missing 12 years, and it's just a really weird & interesting case.  
I listened to the first handful of episodes.  It's weird for me to listen to - while I was listening to one of the first couple episodes, I was driving right past her condo complex on my way to get a sandwich.  This morning, I listened to the episode "Roundabout" that involved potentially strange happenings in the NorthBridge complex.  Whatever it is that the leasing agent saw took place literally less than 50 yards from my front door - I was living in that complex just off the roundabout in January '06.  If I'd been outside smoking a cig on my porch at the time this event occurred, I would have seen/heard it happen.  For all I know, I may have and just don't remember.

I've listened to a few true crime podcasts but it's strange being able to picture perfectly in my mind's eye all the locations they're discussing.  So different than Serial or S-Town, where I have to use my imagination to paint the scene.

I was going down a YouTube wormhole when I stumbled upon Jim Cornette's Talking Sense page, which is essentially YT recordings of his podcast highlights.  Some interesting stories from the "good old days" of wrestling.  (related: found out Sid Vicious and Arn Anderson dang near killed each other with a pair of scissors in a hotel hallway)

edit: I think technically he calls his podcast "The Jim Cornette experience"

dot

ETA - I just started one that was recommended to me by a coworker called In The Dark about a kidnapping in Minnesota in the late 80s.  1.5 episodes in, and it's as creepy as one might expect.

dot

ETA - I just started one that was recommended to me by a coworker called In The Dark about a kidnapping in Minnesota in the late 80s.  1.5 episodes in, and it's as creepy as one might expect.
Pretty sure that is the podcast that had me bawling Ep1.

ETA: Just double checked and that's the one.  Very good, but a tough listen as a dad with a son near that age. 

Evilgrin 72 said:
I listened to the first handful of episodes.  It's weird for me to listen to - while I was listening to one of the first couple episodes, I was driving right past her condo complex on my way to get a sandwich.  This morning, I listened to the episode "Roundabout" that involved potentially strange happenings in the NorthBridge complex.  Whatever it is that the leasing agent saw took place literally less than 50 yards from my front door - I was living in that complex just off the roundabout in January '06.  If I'd been outside smoking a cig on my porch at the time this event occurred, I would have seen/heard it happen.  For all I know, I may have and just don't remember.

I've listened to a few true crime podcasts but it's strange being able to picture perfectly in my mind's eye all the locations they're discussing.  So different than Serial or S-Town, where I have to use my imagination to paint the scene.
You seem to know an awful lot and have many vivid memories related to this case...

About halfway through this one, interesting subject that kind of goes off Carin's beaten path. Dan delves into the mobs fascination with watching executions and torture at mass events. In typical Carlin fashion he describes events in detail so if that creeps you out this one is probably not for you.
Finally got around to listening to this one. About an hour in. I’d never heard of Fatal Charades before; the Romans thought of some crazy stuff. 

Pretty sure that is the podcast that had me bawling Ep1.

ETA: Just double checked and that's the one.  Very good, but a tough listen as a dad with a son near that age. 
Yeah, my boys are 9 and 11.  Definitely has me planning to have another talk with them about protecting themselves.

You seem to know an awful lot and have many vivid memories related to this case...
:lmao:

I actually have almost no memories other than a vague recollection of seeing her face on TV and on the flyers/billboards that were around at the time she disappeared.  Still see "missing" posters from time to time.  It's strange to listen to the podcast and have them talking about events that occurred literally yards away from where I was at the time.  I still work about 3-4 miles from the abduction site.

In the best of the year finale, Scott Auckerman made some kind of cryptic reference that implied Comedy Bang! Bang! could either be changing or ending this year. Not happy to hear that.
FWIW, here is a post in the CBB Reddit forum:

I don't listen to Who Charted much, but someone told me that Kulap has made reference to her and Scott trying to get pregnant recently. So their theory is that Scott and Ku are planning for it to happen within the year, which will of course lead to unpredictable schedules!

I tracked The Back Row Fantasy Show to this forum!  Nice, Im Bark, creator co-host of the show, thanks for listing us here!

We flow off listeners, so if you guys want to hear some rankings, write ups, strategies....hit me up at backrowfantasyshow@gmail.com

Thanks again!

looking for some recommendations for dealing with depression and how to change the way a person thinks --- I need to think with more positivity instead being critical or negative with every thought 

looking for some recommendations for dealing with depression and how to change the way a person thinks --- I need to think with more positivity instead being critical or negative with every thought 
Also, while not strictly a depression podcast, Marc Maron's WTF does speak on this issue a lot.

For example: 

"Maybe depression is the most reasonable response to all the crap around us. Maybe it's the happy people who need medication."
~ Marc Maron

Also, while not strictly a depression podcast, Marc Maron's WTF does speak on this issue a lot.

For example: 

"Maybe depression is the most reasonable response to all the crap around us. Maybe it's the happy people who need medication."
~ Marc Maron
thanks again

if anyone else is dealing with depression or negative thoughts

here is a list of podcast my therapist just sent me :

- Oprah: Super Soul Sunday Conversations

- The Practice of Being Seen

- Sounds True

- The School of Greatness: Lewis Howes

not sure on how good they are as I just got the email and subscribed now so haven't listened to them yet  

I was giddy when Duncan introduced Otto von Bismarck on Revolutions - I've always had a gap between the French Revolution and World War I, and reaching the point where they link up was really exciting... I'm such a dork.
what podcast is this? I'm jonesing for historical podcasts since Carlin as basically gone dark. 

what podcast is this? I'm jonesing for historical podcasts since Carlin as basically gone dark. 
It’s called Revolutions. It’s split into series based on a particular revolution. Some of them are really good and concise (English Revolution and the Haitian Revolution are two examples) and some are pretty dry and long winded unless you are really into the subject matter (French Revolution, the current series on 1848 as two more examples). 

It’s called Revolutions. It’s split into series based on a particular revolution. Some of them are really good and concise (English Revolution and the Haitian Revolution are two examples) and some are pretty dry and long winded unless you are really into the subject matter (French Revolution, the current series on 1848 as two more examples). 
And @glvsav37 if you haven't listened to it yet, Duncan also did "The History of Rome" podcast, which I'd put as the gold standard for history podcasts.

Check out the Onion's "A Very Fatal Murder."  So freakin funny and a spot-on parody of Serial, S-Town, etc...  Really great work.
I'm not sure why, but during the intro I laughed every time at "What do you mean Haley's dead?" "Oh my God, you didn't know?" 

waiver wire said:
I like The Mental Illness Happy Hour

Just ran across this one and am absolutely hooked http://jockopodcast.com/

John Gretton "Jocko" Willink is an American podcaster, author, and retired United States Navy SEAL. He received the Silver Star and Bronze Star for his service in the Iraq War. Willink was commander of SEAL Team Three's Task Unit Bruiser during the Battle of Ramadi. Together with fellow former SEAL Leif Babin, Willink wrote the book Extreme Ownership and founded the consulting firm Echelon Front. Willink hosts a weekly podcast with friend and Brazilian jiu jitsu practitioner Echo Charles, called Jocko Podcast.

Currently listening to the most current podcast with Dakota Meyer. It's absolutely fascinating to me. Jocko reads from the book, adds his insight as well as interviews Meyer throughout. Really well done if you are into military history. He also did two pods on "We Were Soldiers Once...and Young". Pod 105 & 106, again, really good stuff :thumbup:

John Gretton "Jocko" Willink is an American podcaster, author, and retired United States Navy SEAL. He received the Silver Star and Bronze Star for his service in the Iraq War. Willink was commander of SEAL Team Three's Task Unit Bruiser during the Battle of Ramadi. Together with fellow former SEAL Leif Babin, Willink wrote the book Extreme Ownership and founded the consulting firm Echelon Front. Willink hosts a weekly podcast with friend and Brazilian jiu jitsu practitioner Echo Charles, called Jocko Podcast.

Currently listening to the most current podcast with Dakota Meyer. It's absolutely fascinating to me. Jocko reads from the book, adds his insight as well as interviews Meyer throughout. Really well done if you are into military history. He also did two pods on "We Were Soldiers Once...and Young". Pod 105 & 106, again, really good stuff :thumbup:
Everyone who listens to that loves it, and every time I read the description, it sounds crappy.  I'm sure I'll listen to it and love it sometime, but until then, I'll roll my eyes.

Tick said:
Everyone who listens to that loves it, and every time I read the description, it sounds crappy.  I'm sure I'll listen to it and love it sometime, but until then, I'll roll my eyes.
Your loss, enjoy rolling dem eyes.

Kinda hooked on this one for now. Podcast 115 is must listen with Dakota Meyer, made me go out and get the book.

Also just finished up podcast 90, Tough As They Come: Travis Mills. By far the funniest podcast of his I’ve listened to. As is his style, he reads from Travis’s book then interviews him. Travis is one of only 5 quad amputees that have lived through their wounds and is missing an opportunity to further his career in comedy. Given the gravity of the situation you would never know what he’s been through the way he comes across. There is a documentary on Netflix about Travis’s story if you want to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread