What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 draft rounds 15 and 16 (1 Viewer)

awful lot of rookie wideouts, no?Is that "the Colston effect"? thoughts?
1) the vets left are turds2) lots of very talented WRs in this draft. Six better than any in last year's draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
awful lot of rookie wideouts, no?Is that "the Colston effect"? thoughts?
It seems that way, although admittedly I haven't been paying too much attention to the NFL draft yet. This late, there's nothing wrong with buying a lottery ticket on some of these guys. Of course, there is only ONE Marques Colston! :saintsfan:

Six better than any in last year's draft.
Looking back I suppose ya gotta say Colston and Jennings weren't ranked well but all in all I thought the rookie class(first year production) was "eh". In their defense, I suppose, I can't think of a rookie WR that wasn't hurt.So it wouldn't be hard for me to believe some this year would be better but 6 seems high.

2) lots of very talented WRs in this draft. Six better than any in last year's draft.
does this include Marques Colston?you really think there are 6 better than Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson? I'm not so sure I buy that. It is a very strong class though.

2) lots of very talented WRs in this draft. Six better than any in last year's draft.
does this include Marques Colston?you really think there are 6 better than Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson? I'm not so sure I buy that. It is a very strong class though.
You know I just forgot Colston because I was thinking about them in the order they were drafted.There are 6 guys I would rate higher than I had Holmes and Jackson rated pre-draft last year, yes - although I think Colston would be right in the mix with the log jam at 2-6.

Hey guys, Jeter23 (Ryan) is heading out of town and ask that I step in. I will be around most of the day and should keep an eye on it. Please PM me if his pick is up and you do not see me in this forum.

Thanks.

Six better than any in last year's draft.
Looking back I suppose ya gotta say Colston and Jennings weren't ranked well but all in all I thought the rookie class(first year production) was "eh". In their defense, I suppose, I can't think of a rookie WR that wasn't hurt.So it wouldn't be hard for me to believe some this year would be better but 6 seems high.
There's a number of reasons to take a shot at a rookie WR -1. The veterans are in the WR3/WR4 range now, so we know what their (likely) upside is2. Rookies, while unproven, have higher upside if they are talented3. NFL offenses have to play rookies more - both due to the salary cap and also free agency (keep cheaper players, vets leave, etc.)4. The college game is now more pro-oriented, meaning that they aren't running option / triple option/ wishbone offenses. Lots of pro set offenses in the college ranks now. For example, look at the QBs in the Senior Bowl, and they had issues with snaps under center as most ran a shotgun5. Most teams now have 4-5 WRs or more. Taking a guy who could "blow up" is important as otherwise a 5th/6th WR won't count or matter for your team unless (A) your team suffers a rash of injuries, or (B) your bye weeks are unlucky. If (A) you're probably hosed and (B) is just a 1-week problem. To gamble here for big upside is the only move that makes sense.

5. Most teams now have 4-5 WRs or more. Taking a guy who could "blow up" is important as otherwise a 5th/6th WR won't count or matter for your team unless (A) your team suffers a rash of injuries, or (B) your bye weeks are unlucky. If (A) you're probably hosed and (B) is just a 1-week problem. To gamble here for big upside is the only move that makes sense.
While the gamble makes sense, there are still several undrafted veterans who could step up with decent seasons. The rookie upside may be bigger now (before the combine/NFL draft), but the downside is MUCH bigger. Most of these rookie recievers won't catch ten balls the whole season!

damn this is dragging.

We didn't agree, officially, to a clock shutoff.

Should we???

The most popular version was Sunday off, but I'm ok with the weekend off as well.

I do know that I'll be around and want to turn the 16/17 corner sooner rather than later.

damn this is dragging.We didn't agree, officially, to a clock shutoff.Should we???The most popular version was Sunday off, but I'm ok with the weekend off as well.I do know that I'll be around and want to turn the 16/17 corner sooner rather than later.
bloom is back in town, and i am going to be around too.....think we are good with whatever

Duke, were you able to get in touch with Glumpy? I ask because I have Jeter's pick and would like to (if possible) make the pick before leaving the office.

*****, i'm sorry guys i looked at the end of the thread and i missed OM pick.

Glumpy takes

John Carney K

Duke 1948 takes

N.O. Def

Bri, can you take one for me also. I will be in and out most of the night.
sureETA I'm like 20 picks away so feel free to send 2 to keep things rolling esp if it's K or D stuff. I'll be around all night

Is aaron gone for the weekend?

I remember chatting about it previously but not how it all turned out

Is aaron gone for the weekend?I remember chatting about it previously but not how it all turned out
I thought he said he would be out this weekend. In cany case, I think we should suspend the clock. It's not like we have to finish this weekend.

Is aaron gone for the weekend?I remember chatting about it previously but not how it all turned out
I thought he said he would be out this weekend. In cany case, I think we should suspend the clock. It's not like we have to finish this weekend.
please someone, whoever, email me if he checks inI'll be around and I have a few PM'd picks too.thanks

Users who are viewing this thread