What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Red Dog - Unofficial Staff vs. Posters (1 Viewer)

Personally, I'm a bigger believer in Gore than in Westy at 1.04. Westy's injury history scares me a bit, and he also always seems to be in danger of being replaced as the goalline RB in Philly.

i'm not a fan of the westy pick for this reason only

15/15/13/12/15 games played last 5 years, you add to that his age of 28 this upcoming year and i would have been looking harder at either gore or a player not yet drafted...

that said, its hard to argue with a rb capabale of putting up the #s westy can in this scoring system....and like he said, he didn't get much interest in trading down...i think jeff knows he may have been able to slide a couple slots down and still landed westy, but if the opportunity doesn't present itself, what can you do

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not a fan of the westy pick for this reason only15/15/13/12/15 games played last 5 years, you add to that his age of 28 this upcoming year and i would have been looking harder at either gore or a player not yet drafted...that said, its hard to argue with a rb capabale of putting up the #s westy can in this scoring system....and like he said, he didn't get much interest in trading down...i think jeff knows he may have been able to slide a couple slots down and still landed westy, but if the opportunity doesn't present itself, what can you do
My thoughts as well

I left Jake a voicemail to see if I can get his pick. I'm 95% sure who it is but I want confirmation first...

Everyone come and watch Halos screw this one up!
:hifive: i would like to point out that clowndogs is jake bachman
It would appear then that this master plan he seemed to have wasn't so masterful, now was it? :)
1.06, 1.13, 2.15, 5.04, 5.06, 6.02, 6.11.

Gonna see what happens with those!
so youre the dude who got hosed by bloom? :bag: :lmao:
Hmmm, moved down to grab who I wanted at 1.06, got an earlier 2nd, moved up 2.5 rounds form 7th to 5th and two rounds from 12th to 10? I kinda like it myself! :loco:
:shock:

Everyone come and watch Halos screw this one up!
:thumbup: i would like to point out that clowndogs is jake bachman
It would appear then that this master plan he seemed to have wasn't so masterful, now was it? :goodposting:
1.06, 1.13, 2.15, 5.04, 5.06, 6.02, 6.11.

Gonna see what happens with those!
so youre the dude who got hosed by bloom? :lmao: :lmao:
Hmmm, moved down to grab who I wanted at 1.06, got an earlier 2nd, moved up 2.5 rounds form 7th to 5th and two rounds from 12th to 10? I kinda like it myself! :boxing:
:thumbdown:
Steven Jackson = SPEED

Sjax2 has been spoted and selected Reggie Bush.Anyone think too early, too late, or just about right?
So we're rolling again (so much for the stinking email alerts...I've only received 2!) ?As far as the Bush pick...it is a dynasty. Bush is a play maker. I think it could be argued that he is a valid pick here.

Sjax2 has been spoted and selected Reggie Bush.Anyone think too early, too late, or just about right?
So we're rolling again (so much for the stinking email alerts...I've only received 2!) ?As far as the Bush pick...it is a dynasty. Bush is a play maker. I think it could be argued that he is a valid pick here.
i would have taken at 4 if i was sitting on that pick....just fyi

Bush at 1.06 is solid. SJax at 1.03 is the best value/pick of the draft so far though, IMHO. I had him at 1.01 in dynasty..... :headbang:

So we're rolling again (so much for the stinking email alerts...I've only received 2!) ?
I'm pretty sure that email alerts aren't sent for picks made from the draft room proper, only for those selections made from the pull down draft tab.

i would have taken at 4 if i was sitting on that pick....just fyi
The real question is...Is Bush better value or is SJax2? :headbang: SJax2 = SPEED x POWER

That Jake Bachman sure is an idiot, and to all you naysayers, he is a pretty darn good FF player, just wanted to speed up the draft and wasn't paying attention!!!!

That Jake Bachman sure is an idiot, and to all you naysayers, he is a pretty darn good FF player, just wanted to speed up the draft and wasn't paying attention!!!!
:shrug: :clap: :lmao: :lmao: Speeding up the draft = preselecting 3 players at 1.06 BRILLIANT

:clap: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Speeding up the draft = preselecting 3 players at 1.06 BRILLIANT
Yeah...that wasn't too bright. But pre-drafting sucks. You never now how people are gonna draft (see SJax2 at the 1.06 spot :D ). I always second guess myself because I wanna get a flow for the draft. But I think everyone knew it was a given that LJ and LT would be the top two picks for sure. :clap: p.s.

Hey Jake, I like Red Stripe..."It's Jamaican for beeeah"

:moneybag:

Actually, did predraft 6 people......LT/SJax/LT/Westy/Bush/Gore in that order. (yea, LT/LJ/SJax were gonna be gone, but someone could have drafted SJax2 right?????)

I like your trade of a half-hour ago, AJ. I'm assuming Bachman-Jackson Overdrive traded up for a specific player at 1.10, but you made out nicely with the value you received in return:

Jake Bachman gave up Year 2006 Draft Pick 2.15;Year 2006 Draft Pick 5.04;Year 2006 Draft Pick 6.03AJ Moura gave up Year 2006 Draft Pick 1.10;Year 2006 Draft Pick 24.13;Year 2006 Draft Pick 48.07

I like your trade of a half-hour ago, AJ. I'm assuming Bachman-Jackson Overdrive traded up for a specific player at 1.10, but you made out nicely with the value you received in return:

Jake Bachman gave up Year 2006 Draft Pick 2.15;Year 2006 Draft Pick 5.04;Year 2006 Draft Pick 6.03AJ Moura gave up Year 2006 Draft Pick 1.10;Year 2006 Draft Pick 24.13;Year 2006 Draft Pick 48.07
AJ is not on this site, but I will let him know how you feel :ph34r:

AJ is not on this site, but I will let him know how you feel :ph34r:
We need to get him to register here.

AJ is not on this site, but I will let him know how you feel :unsure:
We need to get him to register here.
Yea he needs to defend himself

:shrug: Nice trade...and he needs it.

Interesting developments in the first round:

Code:
1.01 Chris Overton Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB 10:46:15 a.m. 1.02 Sigmund Bloom Johnson, Larry KCC RB 10:52:05 a.m. 1.03 Nick Chadick Jackson, Steven STL RB 10:52:05 a.m. 1.04 Jeff Pasquino Westbrook, Brian PHI RB 10:54:58 a.m. 1.05 Terry Winfree Gore, Frank SFO RB 10:59:54 a.m. 1.06 Jake Bachman Bush, Reggie NOS RB 3:58:12 p.m. 1.07 Aaron Rudnicki Portis, Clinton WAS RB 7:08:20 p.m. 1.08 Alex Fernandez Parker, Willie PIT RB 7:15:18 p.m. 1.09 Jake Parrish Alexander, Shaun SEA RB 7:37:03 p.m. 1.10 Jake Bachman Addai, Joseph IND RB 4:58:30 p.m. 1.11 Ben Bregitzer Maroney, Laurence NEP RB 5:03:52 p.m.
The Parker and Addai picks are arguably early depending on your school of thought.

The second half of the first round is scary this year. Addai, Maroney, and Alexander? Scary dynasty bets at this point, for different reasons.

I like the first six picks, although I probably would've taken Jackson over LJ given the workload/supporting cast issues.

Is this a PPR?

redman said:
EBF said:
Is this a PPR?
:yes:BTW, :thumbup: @ Bachman going third person with his Clowndogs handle to praise himself!
In that case, I love the value of Reggie Bush at 1.06. That's huge. On the flipside, I wouldn't have touched Addai, Maroney, or Alexander in this range. Also, while I applaud Rudnicki for taking a proven talent in Portis, I have to point out that Clinton hasn't been a great PPR option in years.

redman said:
EBF said:
Is this a PPR?
:yes: BTW, :thumbup: @ Bachman going third person with his Clowndogs handle to praise himself!
In that case, I love the value of Reggie Bush at 1.06. That's huge. On the flipside, I wouldn't have touched Addai, Maroney, or Alexander in this range.

Also, while I applaud Rudnicki for taking a proven talent in Portis, I have to point out that Clinton hasn't been a great PPR option in years.
This is also a league that has bonuses for long scoring plays and big games. PPR is only one of a few factors, and therefore diminished in relative importance standing alone. Check out the league scoring rules on the site.

redman said:
EBF said:
Is this a PPR?
:yes:BTW, :thumbup: @ Bachman going third person with his Clowndogs handle to praise himself!
In that case, I love the value of Reggie Bush at 1.06. That's huge. On the flipside, I wouldn't have touched Addai, Maroney, or Alexander in this range. Also, while I applaud Rudnicki for taking a proven talent in Portis, I have to point out that Clinton hasn't been a great PPR option in years.
Agreed on Bush. I wouldn't have taken Gore over him...

redman said:
EBF said:
Is this a PPR?
:yes:BTW, :lmao: @ Bachman going third person with his Clowndogs handle to praise himself!
Agreed on Bush. I wouldn't have taken Gore over him...
Look, guy, the Supreme Court already decided that issue. Jeebus! :rolleyes:

Although i'm not excited about Alexander's age, I am happy to get him where I did. His strong finish this year indicates TO ME that he still has some tread on the tires. I wanted LJ to fall, but whaddya gonna do.....

Although i'm not excited about Alexander's age, I am happy to get him where I did. His strong finish this year indicates TO ME that he still has some tread on the tires. I wanted LJ to fall, but whaddya gonna do.....
I was very curious to see how far he fell. Could be huge...

I hope my selection of SA is as beautiful as your avatar..... :rolleyes:

I hope my selection of SA is as beautiful as your avatar..... :shock:
Well now you're overvalueing... :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread