What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** WSL 2 Team Analysis Thread (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team

02.14 QB1 Peyton Manning Ind/6

09.03 QB25 Brett Favre GB/6

01.03 RB3 Steven Jackson StL/7

07.03 RB38 Warrick Dunn Atl/5

12.14 RB56 Lorenze Booker FA

14.14 RB62 Greg Jones Jac/6

17.03 RB67 Brian Leonard FA

03.03 WR12 Lee Evans Buf/8

05.03 WR22 Donte Stallworth Phi/9

06.14 WR31 Jerricho Cotchery NYJ/9

08.14 WR44 Antonio Bryant SF/7

10.14 WR61 Dwayne Bowe FA

11.03 WR64 D.J. Hackett Sea/5

20.14 WR102 Jason Avant Phi/9

04.14 TE4 Jeremy Shockey NYG/4

18.14 TE29 Bubba Franks GB/6

15.03 PK5 Matt Stover Bal/7

19.03 PK26 Olindo Mare Mia/8

13.03 DEF4 New England NE/6

16.14 DEF20 Kansas City KC/3

I'm quite happy with this team. QBs are by far the best of any team in any WSL, with Favre coming back. SJax and Shockey are Top 5 guys at their positions, and waiting on RB2 and playing committee didn't hurt much at all when I got Dunn in the 7th. Two rookies that can catch out of the backfield will help.

At WR, I have some big play guys and also a steady PPR guy in Cotchery. One rookie out of 7 with big upside is a decent gamble late. Avant could be the WR2 in Philly if Stallworth goes somewhere (I say TEN).

Matt Stover's a rock of a kicker. Mare is a ?, as his cap number is high and he's a bit expensive, but he should latch on if he is gone from MIA.

The defensive units for NE and KC are good and KC is improving, plus each has big play potential and solid returners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team

I'm quite happy with this team. QBs are by far the best of any team in any WSL, with Favre coming back. SJax and Shockey are Top 5 guys at their positions, and waiting on RB2 and playing committee didn't hurt much at all when I got Dunn in the 7th. Two rookies that can catch out of the backfield will help.

At WR, I have some big play guys and also a steady PPR guy in Cotchery. One rookie out of 7 with big upside is a decent gamble late. Avant could be the WR2 in Philly if Stallworth goes somewhere (I say TEN).

Matt Stover's a rock of a kicker. Mare is a ?, as his cap number is high and he's a bit expensive, but he should latch on if he is gone from MIA.

The defensive units for NE and KC are good and KC is improving, plus each has big play potential and solid returners.
Solid team here Jeff, Not sure if you need Manning and Favre, you'll have alot of points at QB2 sittin on your bench each week.

Your WR are deep but no real stars here. With Bryant being suspended to start the season you'll need Evans/Stall/Cotch to come up big early.

You've got Sjax which is great, not sure if Dunn fits the new coaches scheme or not, A.Gibbs is out in ATL and Dunn seemed to thrive under him 2 seasons ago. After that there is nothing here I like. But in a 16 teamer SJax might well be all you need.

I love shockey

Overall this team can survive, I like the platoon at WR, Manning & Sjax.

Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team

Better luck next year. Middle of the pack. So you had 2 solid picks, and then fell off the map. Not trying to be too critical, but if your gonna come out and say "QBs are by far the best of any team in any WSL" I guess your ready for it.Didn't you have Shockey ranked pretty low last year? Just wondering what it is that changed your mind about him, since he's now top 5 at his position as you mentioned.

I do like Dunn in the 7th, and the Stallworth pick if he happens to stay.

Old Milwaukee

Pick Pos Player Team

07.09 QB18 Jay Cutler Den

08.08 QB23 Duante Culpepper Mia

01.09 RB9 Joshep Addai Ind

02.08 RB19 Kevin Jones Det

10.08 RB46 Dominic Williams Hou

11.09 RB47 Micheal Bush ???

18.08 RB68 Justin Fargas Oak

04.08 WR21 Braylon Edwards Cle

05.09 WR23 Chris Chambers Mia

06.08 WR27 Mike Furry Det

09.09 WR49 Arnaz Battle SF

12.08 WR73 Patrick Clayton Dal

15.09 WR92 Roddy White Alt

19.09 WR99 Martin Nance Min

20.08 WR105 Mike Williams Det

03.09 TE2 Kellen Winslow Cle

13.09 TE23 Jerramy Wiggins Min

17.09 PK18 Stephen Gostkowski NE

14.08 DEF11 Buffalo Bills Buf

16.08 DEF17 Seattle Seahawks Sea

Overall, I was happy with my draft. I give it an overall grade of B.

Was very happy that Kevin Jones fell to 2.08! I thought that allowed me to go out on a limb and grab Winslow in the third. With the TE's getting 2pts/rec in this format I took the chance. Perhaps I should have waited, as I was forced to go WR for the next three rounds. Went with some younger receivers with upside (Edwards, Battle,Clayton,White and Nance,Williams) that have the potential to improve dramatically.

Thought I was lucky to get Cutler at 17.09. He will perform better than QB 18! Culpepper wont return to the no.1 fantasy QB, but he will be bounce back as a passer.

TE's are solid. Winslow should be good to go and hopefully Wiggins bounces back from a sub par season.

I saw the run coming, both defenses are solid and Marv will improve the Bills run defense! ;)

In the 19 round all teams picking before me in the 20th had two kickers, so I grabbed my sleeper pick Nash. Then, some weasel pick my rookie kicker. Who picks three kickers??? One kicker might hurt.

Let me have it!!!

Old Milwaukee

Pick Pos Player Team

07.09 QB18 Jay Cutler Den

08.08 QB23 Duante Culpepper Mia

01.09 RB9 Joshep Addai Ind

02.08 RB19 Kevin Jones Det

10.08 RB46 Dominic Williams Hou

11.09 RB47 Micheal Bush ???

18.08 RB68 Justin Fargas Oak

04.08 WR21 Braylon Edwards Cle

05.09 WR23 Chris Chambers Mia

06.08 WR27 Mike Furry Det

09.09 WR49 Arnaz Battle SF

12.08 WR73 Patrick Clayton Dal

15.09 WR92 Roddy White Alt

19.09 WR99 Martin Nance Min

20.08 WR105 Mike Williams Det

03.09 TE2 Kellen Winslow Cle

13.09 TE23 Jerramy Wiggins Min

17.09 PK18 Stephen Gostkowski NE

14.08 DEF11 Buffalo Bills Buf

16.08 DEF17 Seattle Seahawks Sea

Overall, I was happy with my draft. I give it an overall grade of B.

Was very happy that Kevin Jones fell to 2.08! I thought that allowed me to go out on a limb and grab Winslow in the third. With the TE's getting 2pts/rec in this format I took the chance. Perhaps I should have waited, as I was forced to go WR for the next three rounds. Went with some younger receivers with upside (Edwards, Battle,Clayton,White and Nance,Williams) that have the potential to improve dramatically.

Thought I was lucky to get Cutler at 17.09. He will perform better than QB 18! Culpepper wont return to the no.1 fantasy QB, but he will be bounce back as a passer.

TE's are solid. Winslow should be good to go and hopefully Wiggins bounces back from a sub par season.

I saw the run coming, both defenses are solid and Marv will improve the Bills run defense! :goodposting:

In the 19 round all teams picking before me in the 20th had two kickers, so I grabbed my sleeper pick Nash. Then, some weasel pick my rookie kicker. Who picks three kickers??? One kicker might hurt.

Let me have it!!!
QB - Culpepper is a huge risk, Cutler, while most people like his upside, should have been paired with someone else who is safer than Daunte

RB - Love Addai next year, he'll clearly (IMO) be the main ball carrier in INDy and get catches to boot. K.Jones while a risk cause of his foot, looks to be ahead of schedule according to local reports. After that, you need Bush to land in Pitt or Balt for the pick to have value, how is his pass catching?

WR - What makes you think Chambers will rebound? Daunte/Joey new coaches, dont know, I like him but not at WR1. Furrey is going to be in the slot in a Martz offense once Kevin Curtis come to town. I like Braylon but the pairing of Braylon and..........

TE - Winslow could mean certain doom for this team on clevelands bye. Wiggins is a nice #2 TE

Overall - top two RB's are good and nice depth at WR. I like Winslow and Braylon but I think both of them getting shut down one week or having a bye gets you bounced. I dont like your QB pair, but in this type of league you can survive if you hit on Cutler

QB

Chad Pennington NYJ/?

Steve McNair Bal/?

Kellen Clemens NYJ/?

Nothing to get excited about. I decided to concentrate on RB/WR before grabbing my first QB, and Chad seemed to be best available. Chad's ppg increased from 13.9 in the first half to 15.3 in the second half of last season. As he gets more comfortable in the offense he should become more consistent. If his arm falls off I have Clemens to pick up the slack. McNair is a vetern who is up and down. He no longer runs as much as he did in Tenn, but he can be counted on for around 3,000 yds and 15-18 TD.

RB

Brian Westbrook Phi/?

Julius Jones Dal/?

Cedric Houston NYJ/?

Maurice Morris Sea/?

Wali Lundy Hou/?

Westbrook finally played a full season last year. Can he repeat that this year? If yes, then this could turn out to be a good selection, if no then I am in trouble. Jones split time with MBIII last year in Dallas. A new coach can bring forth a claear starter between the two backs. Big ? here. Houston was part of the NYJ RBBC last year. It seems Mangeni learned from the master when it comes to choosing a starting RB, it is anyone's guess as to who it will be on a game by game basis. Morris is valuable as a backup should anything happen to Alexander. Shaun is another year older and one wonders what his desire is (he is not playing for a contract this year and his two best years were in contract years). Lundy is a shot in the dark. Who knows what is going on in Houston.

WR

Roy Williams Det/?

Donald Driver GB/?

Mushin Muhammad Chi/?

Eric Parker SD/?

Greg Lewis Phi/?

Dallas Baker ?/?

Anthony Gonzales ?/?

Williams, Driver, and Moose are WR1 on their respective teams. Favre coming back helps Driver out. Parker was the WR2 in SD last year (when healthy), will compete with Floyd for the starting spot opposite Jackson (assuming McCardell is not with the team next year). Lewis is hit or miss in Philly. Baker and Gonzales are good possession receivers who will probably find a home with a team that needs them. Their upside is good.

TE

Jason Witten Dal/?

Owen Daniels Hou/?

Witten seemed to prosper when Dallas made the QB change last year. He should still see plenty of targets next year, regardless of who the HC is. Skelator Jr. seemed to bring the Den offensive philosophy to Houston. TE is an important part of the offense, and Daniels was decent until he got hurt.

K

Josh Scobee Jac/?

Jay Felly NYG/9

These two should be able to hold on to their jobs.

DEF

Green Bay/?

Got shut out of my 2nd DST due to the squeeze.

The receiving corps seem to be the strength of this team. RB has to many question marks at this time to really get a handle on this posistion and QB leaves nothing to get excited about. I expect the team to have a low variation in weekly scores. Not a great team, but not a bad team.

QB: Matt Hasselbeck, JaMarcus Russel, Aaron Brooks

yuck. I should have grabbed a QB2 at the 6\7 turn instead of Dillon I guess. After that it was too late to salvage QB2 so I went with the rookie hopiing that he will play some games next season. If he ends up in Oakland then Brooks should be an ok filler until Russell takes over.

RB: LT, Tatum Bell, Corey Dillon, LenDale White

If Dillon comes back like I think he will, then this is one of the strongest RB groups in WSL2

WR: T.O., Aquan Boldin, Joe Horn, Reggie Williams, Troy Williamson, Drew Carter, Nate Burleson

Strong top 2 and decent commitee for WR3. I will likely add a WR8 with my last pick

TE: Vernon Davis, Zach Miller

I think EJ is gone so VD could be very productive next year. I think TE12 is about right.

K: Robbie Gould

probably going with only one kicker

D\ST: Atlanta, Cincinatti

two decent but unspectacular defenses.

I hate my QB crew, but other than that I like the team.

Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team

Better luck next year. Middle of the pack. So you had 2 solid picks, and then fell off the map. Not trying to be too critical, but if your gonna come out and say "QBs are by far the best of any team in any WSL" I guess your ready for it.Didn't you have Shockey ranked pretty low last year? Just wondering what it is that changed your mind about him, since he's now top 5 at his position as you mentioned.

:shock: :)

I'll be sure to bump this over the next 12 months......

Yes I had Shockey at 7. He finished at (gasp) 7..... ok, I'll live with #7.

Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team

:confused: :bag:

How about Heap? Or your boy Lamont?It's cool man. We all stick our neck out there, and nobody is right all of the time.

I traded away Colston for Mason (Dynasty) after week 1 this year. I'm still losing sleep over it!

Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team

:confused: :shrug:

How about Heap? Or your boy Lamont?It's cool man. We all stick our neck out there, and nobody is right all of the time.

I traded away Colston for Mason (Dynasty) after week 1 this year. I'm still losing sleep over it!
:thumbup: Amen to that. Hopefully more rights than wrongs.LamJ suxxored last year. Heap / Shockey - always fearing the injury there.

Mason / Colston - ouch. I traded for Mason last year (Tiki and a 5th) but I had the depth to survive that fiasco. At least now I have the 5th (and I won the league :kicksrock: ).

WRs are a boom/bust on my team, but I like it overall. As always, we'll see.

my squad

QB - Carson Palmer, Chris Simms, Jeff Garcia

RB - Larry Johnson, Marshawn Lynch, Leon Washington, Mewelde Moore, Michael Robinson

WR - Marques Colston, Deion Branch, Isaac Bruce, Santonio Holmes, Wes Welker, Eric Moulds

TE - Todd Heap, Robert Royal

PK - Neil Rackers, Rob Bironas

DEF - Arizona Cardinals, Indianapolis Colts

QB--E. Manning, C. Frye, B. Griese

RB--R. Bush, T. Jones, D. Rhodes, C. Brown

WR-- TJ, A. Johnson,R. BrownC. Jackson, T. Copper, M. Floyd

TE-- D. Clark, L. Pope, D. Wilcox

K-- J. Wilkens, J. Reed

D-- Eagles, Saints

QBs- not the greatest bunch but i think they will do OK. Manning look at it this way, he can't be as bad as he was this past, can he?

Frye can be a good QB if the brownies line can make it thru training camp this year.

the griese pick was mainly because there was nothing else to pick...and is Grossman the QB next year?

RBs- Like Bush in this format especially the PPR, taking WRs at 2 and 3 made my RB2 not as good as i would have liked, but Jones just keeps keeping on. Rhodes will get some carries next year, the super bowl made sure of that. C. Brown...maybe he moves to another team with a new life...if he is healthy is good.

WRs -with TJ, AJ, and Brown i think these guys are as good as any other out there, all should be WR1s on their teams. C. Jackson and Copper should provide adequate fill ins for byes and produce starter points some weeks. Floyd was a gamble.

TEs- went with 3 as i don't really like them as catchers...some weeks will be ok, others not too good. Although i like Wilcox as a sleeper, as Heap has such an injury history

Ks--who the heck cares...got one that kicks indoors...yipeee

D- Eagles should be OK next year, and N.O. i see as a up and coming D

depending on bye weeks and injuries, this team should compete till about week 10-13 :lmao:

overall grade--B

QB: Drew Brees, Jake Delhomme, Joey Harrington

I like the heck out of these--Brees looks real comfortable in the NO offense and Delhomme should get back to form with a healthy Steve Smith next season. I was real pleased until I realized what good odds that those two share the same bye week--so cya with Harrington (I don't have the faith that some do in Culpepper's return until I see it happen)

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Marion Barber III, Mike Bell, Mike Anderson

All of these are part timers with potential--sometimes real good potential based on this past year. With the chance that Jamal isn't in Baltimore next year Anderson might take on more of a 3rd down/goal line role; I was looking at adding the same potential with Adrian Peterson until Shadowfax snagged him in round 20.

WR: Torry Holt, Reche Caldwell, Marty Booker, Michael Jenkins, Travis Taylor, Antwaan Randle-El, Cedrick Wilson

Most are starters on their teams and some #1's; with so many I hope to get some good scoring on a consistent basis.

TE: Alge Crumpler, George Wrighster

I think I could have gone with Crumpler alone--as he is generally good for production; added Wrighster for the occasional need.

PK: Nate Kaeding, John Carney

Two top ten kickers in prolific offenses

D/ST: San Diego, Miami

Two solid defenses

Would have loved to pad the RB's with one more but the team was built more around QB/WR anyway so that shouldn't impact things--I think this one could contend for the crown barring injury (or just bad luck)! Many thanks to Duke for relaying picks by phone--no other way I could have managed this with limited access online and in the midst of moving as I am. :angry:

QB's:J. Kitna, B. Rothlisberger, C. Batch.I really like the odds of Detroit's offense continuing to progress and improve and believe Kitna could end the season in the 7-9 area. Big Ben is a big ?? but has obviously shown the ability. I took Batch as insurance.

RB's:S. Alexander, J. Lewis, R. Droughns, C. Buckhalter, K. BarlowI took some chances here, and this group will make or break my team. If Alexander returns to form, and Lewis stays a starter, this group should carry me to the end. If they don't, my squad is likely destined for an early exit. Droughns and Barlow should provide adequate bye week filler. Buckhalter, if he stays healthy, could be gold if westy were to get hurt.

TE's:A. Gates, C. Baker :D

WR's:L. Coles, G. Jennings, H. Baskett, A. Toomer, Mi. Clayton, E. WilfordI probably need Jennings and Baskett to start and have at least moderate success to challenge for a title here, but if they don't Toomer should keep me at least competitive. Clayton could finally realize his potential and become an every week scorer, but I don't feel very confidant in that considering the rest of the offense around him. (Worth the risk as an 11th round selection.)

K's: D. Akers, L. TynesAkers is gold.

Denver D/ST, Detroit D/STDenver should remain a top ten DST. Detroit was the last DST taken, but I believe should outplay the DST32 ranking.

Overall, I think this squad has the potential to run away with this, but has enough risk in it that an early exit is almost as likely. This team is highly unlikely to end middle of the pack.

Thom Yorke

QB1: T. Romo

QB2: J. Losman

QB3: B. Quinn

RB1: D. Williams

RB2: B. Jacobs

RB3: T. Henry

RB4: R. Dayne

WR1: S. Smith

WR2: R. Wayne

WR3: B. Berrian

WR4: D. Henderson

WR5: A. Lelie

WR6: N. Washington

TE1: H. Miller

TE2: E. Johnson

TE3: B. Troupe

K1: J. Nedney

K2: M. Bryant

D/ST1: J. Jaguars

D/ST2: C. Browns

Thoughts: I really don't know what to make of this squad. Picking from the 13th spot, I really didn't like any of the backs that were on the board, with Rudi Johnson going one spot before my pick. Accordingly, I went Steve Smith, who should have another stellar year as long as the hammys don't flare up again. Coming back in the second, I still couldn't get excited about any of the backs, so I grabbed another sure thing in Reggie Wayne.

Of course, this strategy left me with some real questions at RB. Not a single one of my backs is a guaranteed RB1. That said, I also think the top 3 guys are all going to play substantial roles next season, no matter what happens. Frankly, I may be the most excited about Henry, as the word is that he will renegotiate his deal to stay in TEN. If so, I think he'll have another nice year.

I'd put my WR up against anyone. I've already mentioned Smith and Wayne, but Berrian and Henderson give me all kinds of big play potential. Henderson intrigues me the most, as Horn is likely on his way out of town in NO, which should only increase his opportunities. I also thought Washington was a nice deal in round 20. I do wish that my WR 3-5 were less boom/bust type guys on a weekly basis.

QB situation is murky, but should be ok. I'm happy with Romo, who I think will only get better. Losman managed to come on pretty nicely at the end of last season, so here's hoping he manages to continue his improvement. Quinn, well -- basically I went on tilt after getting hosed in the now infamous JaMarcus Russell Debacle™ and just picked the next guy that came to mind. We'll see.

TE is also not a strength, which is why I took the unusual step of grabbing three. Miller is still a pretty good player, even if he didn't live up to expectations last year. I took a shot at Eric Johnson, who I think is on his way out of town in SF. If he can catch in the right spot, such as New Orleans, he could be a 700/5 type of guy. I also took a gamble on Troupe, who I'm betting can rebound from an awful season last year.

K and DT -- meh. I do like Jacksonville.

All in all, an ok draft from where I was sitting at #13. Let's go Ron Dayne :D

QB's:J. Kitna, B. Rothlisberger, C. Batch.I really like the odds of Detroit's offense continuing to progress and improve and believe Kitna could end the season in the 7-9 area. Big Ben is a big ?? but has obviously shown the ability. I took Batch as insurance.

RB's:S. Alexander, J. Lewis, R. Droughns, C. Buckhalter, K. BarlowI took some chances here, and this group will make or break my team. If Alexander returns to form, and Lewis stays a starter, this group should carry me to the end. If they don't, my squad is likely destined for an early exit. Droughns and Barlow should provide adequate bye week filler. Buckhalter, if he stays healthy, could be gold if westy were to get hurt.

TE's:A. Gates, C. Baker :bye:

WR's:L. Coles, G. Jennings, H. Baskett, A. Toomer, Mi. Clayton, E. WilfordI probably need Jennings and Baskett to start and have at least moderate success to challenge for a title here, but if they don't Toomer should keep me at least competitive. Clayton could finally realize his potential and become an every week scorer, but I don't feel very confidant in that considering the rest of the offense around him. (Worth the risk as an 11th round selection.)

K's: D. Akers, L. TynesAkers is gold.

Denver D/ST, Detroit D/STDenver should remain a top ten DST. Detroit was the last DST taken, but I believe should outplay the DST32 ranking.

Overall, I think this squad has the potential to run away with this, but has enough risk in it that an early exit is almost as likely. This team is highly unlikely to end middle of the pack.
This is a tough looking team. QB's are good to go, you have one stud RB to go with a decent enough platoon at RB2 to score every week.

Gates at TE is steal where you got him.

WR's are weak and could be your downfall, Baker & Batch schould have been WR picks. the number you want is genrelly 7wr, if you get 2 wr's on a bye or injured you might struggle,

Overall I like this team alot

Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team

Solid team here Jeff, Not sure if you need Manning and Favre, you'll have alot of points at QB2 sittin on your bench each week.

Your WR are deep but no real stars here. With Bryant being suspended to start the season you'll need Evans/Stall/Cotch to come up big early.

You've got Sjax which is great, not sure if Dunn fits the new coaches scheme or not, A.Gibbs is out in ATL and Dunn seemed to thrive under him 2 seasons ago. After that there is nothing here I like. But in a 16 teamer SJax might well be all you need.

I love shockey

Missed this from BSS while i :unsure: with PAE :lmao: Thanks.

I took Favre b/c I didn't want to get caught without a QB2 and to wait for the next turn, the cupboard would have been pretty bare.

My rookie RBs can both catch out of the backfield and I think both will put up RB25-30 numbers on a given week, which should be enough. I made a conscious decision to sluff RB2 in this draft with SJax on board.

WRs will be interesting. If Avant starts or Bowe, I have a really strong team. I have some 1's / 1a's (Cotchery) and some 2's as well, and most of them have big play abilities. Evans / Stallworth / Cotchery / Bryant should be enough to cover me, and if Bowe / Avant / Hackett post a TD, they could help here.

Defense was actually a concern, and in retrospect I might have taken Chicago over Favre. That would have been a tough call. Bears / Chris Simms vs. Favre and WR4 or 5 - tough decision.

All in all, always a good challenge.

Jeff Pasquino said:
Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team

I love shockey

Missed this from BSS while i :boxing: with PAE :) Thanks.

I took Favre b/c I didn't want to get caught without a QB2 and to wait for the next turn, the cupboard would have been pretty bare.

My rookie RBs can both catch out of the backfield and I think both will put up RB25-30 numbers on a given week, which should be enough. I made a conscious decision to sluff RB2 in this draft with SJax on board.

WRs will be interesting. If Avant starts or Bowe, I have a really strong team. I have some 1's / 1a's (Cotchery) and some 2's as well, and most of them have big play abilities. Evans / Stallworth / Cotchery / Bryant should be enough to cover me, and if Bowe / Avant / Hackett post a TD, they could help here.

Defense was actually a concern, and in retrospect I might have taken Chicago over Favre. That would have been a tough call. Bears / Chris Simms vs. Favre and WR4 or 5 - tough decision.

All in all, always a good challenge.
Our team's will be very interesting to compare. :o

Teams that stand out to me:

Valence: The #1 pick certainly helped, as he went with the no-brainer pick (LT). With Tatum Bell, Corey Dillon, and LenDale White also on board, Valence could (should?) easily lead scoring from the RB position. With so much strength at RB, he went with some intriguing extra recievers (Carter, Burleson, Bradley) and should be very strong at WR. With only Hasslebeck as a bonafide QB, that's his weak link, esp. if Hass were to miss any significant time.

Pasquino: Favre was probably a wasted pick, but being near the turn and watching QB2's dropping like flys, it easy to see why Jeff felt he had to make the move there. Jeff has a nice trio of receivers in Evans/Cotchery/Bryant with Stallworth to boot. RB appears to be the weak spot for Jeff, but if Warrick Dunn still sees significant healthy action, this will be a tough squad.

Old Milwaukee: Easily the best 1-2 punch at TE with Wiggins backing up KWII. OM seems deep at RB and WR. The weak spot is QB, but even if Culpepper doesn't rebound, OM should be able to stick around a long while with his WR/RB depth.

Bloom: This team didn't jump out at me as being great or tough, but because of all the longshots and rookies. Virtually impossible to really rate this team other then to say RISK!

Tom Yorke: I love this WR corps. A bit risky at RB with no definate starting RB, and only carrying four. If a couple of them can earn starting gigs, this could be a very tough team because of the WR's.

Family Matters: I like the balance on this team, as there doesn't seem to be a real weak area on it, other then maybe QB depth. McNabb has missed a lot of time, and to rely on Tarvaris Jackson or David Carr as the backup carries some risk. FM made up for the lack of a stud RB by taking several guys who should all see enough action to put up some points consistantly. This strikes me as a squad likely to go deep, but probably lacks the punch to win it all.

jeter23

Pick Pos Player Team

09.06 QB23 Byron Leftwich Jac/6

05.06 QB34 Vince Young Ten/7

17.06 QB39 David Garrard Jac/6

I love VY's potential as a starter for the full season next year and I think he will be a top 10 QB. I would've rather had a vet in a more stable situation as a backup, but I waited too long for that. I do feel like I covered myself with Garrard and Lefy for now and I have the chance to end up with 2 starters there (or 0).

01.06 RB21 Frank Gore SF/7

02.11 RB28 Deuce McAllister NO/7

04.11 RB39 Cedric Benson Chi/7

15.06 RB74 Musa Smith Bal/7

19.06 RB9999 Tony Hunt FA

13.06 RB999 Ricky Williams Mia/8

Even with the injury history, I like Gore and Duece as my top 2 RBs and I think Benson has a chance to be the starter in Chicago with TJ possibly moving on. If he does, I could end up with the best RBs. IF it is still RBBC in Chicago, I am an injury away from being done.

03.06 WR24 Javon Walker Den/4

06.11 WR38 Mark Clayton Bal/7

10.11 WR41 Drew Bennett Ten/7

08.11 WR999 Calvin Johnson FA

12.11 WR999 Robert Meachem FA

I really like my starters and I was able to take a chance on some rookies in the mid-late rounds. If CJ has a Moss like rookie year,I am in good shape. Overall at this position, I may be too young and that could hurt me.

07.06 TE19 Tony Scheffler Den/4

11.06 TE27 Marcedes Lewis Jac/6

My 2 favorite young TEs. The problem is neither is a reliable fantasy starter yet. Hopefully one breaks into the top 10.

14.11 PK11 Adam Vinatieri Ind/6

20.11 PK23 Sebastian Janikowski Oak/3

18.11 DEF6 Washington Was/8

16.11 DEF16 Tennessee Ten/7

Overall, I think I went a little too young for this format, but I grabbed some guys I like. I feel like I have a lot of "ifs" with these guys. I could see a top 3 finish, or I could quietly fade away after week 2. Either way, I had fun drafting and it made January go a little quicker. Bring on PDSL.

04.05 QB6 Marc Bulger StL

08.05 QB22 Rex Grossman Chi

19.12 QB42 Damon Huard KC

I’m happy overall with my QBs. Bulger is top 5 and finally played a full season. Let’s hope for the same in 2007. Grossman is still young and learning and if he can minimize the 5 TO games, he should be a serviceable QB2. Good thing I don’t have to choose when to start him. I would have liked to back him up with Griese but Huard could be a steal if he ends up a starter in KC, which I think is a good possibility. Looking back, I anticipated a QB run in the 4th and 5th (once again incorrectly in these SLs) and should have taken Heap. Grade B-

01.12 RB12 Rudi Johnson Cin

03.12 RB21 Ahman Green GB

05.12 RB33 Jerious Norwood Atl

20.05 RB75 Adrian Peterson Chi

Rudi is a consistent top 10 RB. I think Green stays with GB and hope they don’t draft a RB like Lynch. I gambled on Norwood over F. Taylor and it may be my most regretful pick if Petrino brings in a big back. Just felt there’s a lot more upside with Norwood. Wanted to draft Morency and Perry but weasel snaked me both times. Other RBs went earlier than I hoped and just never felt the value was there for RB4…until I took a chance on Peterson. If Jones leaves, Peterson could see some time with Benson, otherwise, it’s a zero most weeks. Grade C

02.05 WR5 Marvin Harrison Ind

06.05 WR26 Joey Galloway TB

09.12 WR50 Eddie Kennison KC

10.05 WR54 Jabar Gaffney Phi

11.12 WR69 Ted Ginn Jr FA

14.05 WR83 Joe Jurevicius Cle

Nothing flashy but WR is where I felt I consistently saw value. Old guys mixed in with some youth/potential. Harrison’s a stud plain and simple and I can expect another 80-1000-10 season. I got Galloway 20-35 picks later than the other WSLs; Kennison 15-50 picks later. Galloway and Kennison should give me some big games. Gaffney came out of nowhere in the playoffs and seemed to develop a nice rhythm with Brady once he picked up the offense. Hopefully, Ginn will land in a good spot. Jurevicius is a throw in and should provide a couple points each week. Would have liked to grab a WR7 but decided to grab a 3rd D/ST . Grade B-

07.12 TE15 Desmond Clark Chi

12.05 TE22 Alex Smith TB

Meh. Waited too long on TE1 and all 4 TEs I targeted for the next round were picked. Then waited one round too long on my TE2. Wanted Stevens or Miller and both got snagged. Definitely one of the weakest TE squads in the league. Need to hope for that magical Grossman-Clark hookup. Grade D

15.12 PK10 Jason Elam Den

17.12 PK20 Rian Lindell Buf

Two kickers that should be good enough. Grade B

13.12 DEF9 Pittsburgh

16.05 DEF15 Carolina

18.05 DEF29 St. Louis

I like Pitt and Car and hopefully they rebound from subpar seasons last year. Instead of grabbing a 7th WR, I decided to go with a 3rd D/ST in STL…hoping to create a shortage at the position. Hoped that some of the 4 team after me (rad, OM, glumpy and duke) would have followed suit to force 4 teams to have only 1 D. Had to settle for only 2 teams to be short. Having 3 D/ST should provide me with some solid scores each week. Grade B+

There’s nothing overly impressive about this team but I feel it should be fairly consistent. I don’t foresee a lot of immunities but all I need to avoid is not being the lowest score, which I think can happen.

Bloom (dirtyhalos)

06.07 QB21 Philip Rivers SD/3

07.10 QB28 Alex Smith SF/7

this combo isn't a strong point but it isn't a weakness either. they should be more than adequate if we can avoid a bye week conflict. if the chargers can add a good wr for rivers to look too or if he learns how to better use gates his value could be higher than we are banking on. for selfish reasons i am hoping smith and vernon really click together and that it helps smith, not having bryant for two games is going to hurt smith some. these two are not going to scare anyone, but good the came at good value and should produce a decent line in any given week.

02.07 RB13 Willis McGahee Buf/8

01.10 RB14 Willie Parker Pit/4

19.10 RB52 Jerome Harrison Cle/6

13.10 RB72 Brian Calhoun Det/8

14.07 RB999 Antonio Pittman FA

11.10 RB999 Kenny Irons FA

for not landing a true stud rb i think this set is good enough to keep us in the hunt. both willis and willie are safe picks, we know what we are getting and they come with relatively little risk. the security of our top rbs let us slide on feeling we had to take mid round rbs and wait on some good gambles later. if one of the rb gambles hits, this group could really be in great shape.

05.10 WR5 Randy Moss Oak/3

04.07 WR17 Santana Moss Was/8

08.07 WR93 Brandon Marshall Den/4

10.07 WR112 Brandon Jones Ten/7

12.07 WR150 Demetrius Williams Bal/7

15.10 WR999 Johnny Lee Higgins FA

to me this is our make/break group. i like santana alot, feel good with him as the anchor. randy i dont feel that great about, sure he has great upside, but after being bitten by him the last couple years he makes me nervous. marshall again has great upside, but with randy in the mix i feel like we may be depending too much on the other wrs in the group and am not sure they can compensate. i like demetrius' big play potential to put up decent point totals on any given week, but he will be sporatic at best.

03.10 TE3 Tony Gonzalez KC/3

20.07 TE35 Joe Klopfenstein StL/7

he's tony, we should be ok without an injury and his bye could hurt us if it falls on a down week.

16.07 PK8 Josh Brown Sea/5

17.10 PK12 John Kasay Car/9

09.10 DEF3 Chicago Chi/7

18.07 DEF4 Tampa Bay TB/4

its the bears, we rock!!!

Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team

09.03 QB25 Brett Favre GB/7

01.03 RB3 Steven Jackson StL/9

07.03 RB38 Warrick Dunn Atl/8

12.14 RB56 Lorenzo Booker FA

14.14 RB62 Greg Jones Jac/4

03.03 WR12 Lee Evans Buf/6

05.03 WR22 Donte Stallworth NE/10

06.14 WR31 Jerricho Cotchery NYJ/10

08.14 WR44 Antonio Bryant SF/6

11.03 WR64 D.J. Hackett Sea/8

20.14 WR102 Jason Avant Phi/5

04.14 TE4 Jeremy Shockey NYG/9

18.14 TE29 Bubba Franks GB/7

15.03 PK5 Matt Stover Bal/8

19.03 PK26 Olindo Mare NO/4

13.03 DEF4 New England NE/10

16.14 DEF20 Kansas City KC/8

Just checking bye weeks - Only major issue is Week 10 with Stallworth / Cotchery, so hopefully Evans and Hackett do well enough with some Avant / rookie contributions.

Thom Yorke

QB1: T. Romo

QB2: J. Losman

QB3: B. Quinn

RB1: D. Williams

RB2: B. Jacobs

RB3: T. Henry

RB4: R. Dayne

WR1: S. Smith

WR2: R. Wayne

WR3: B. Berrian

WR4: D. Henderson

WR5: A. Lelie

WR6: N. Washington

TE1: H. Miller

TE2: E. Johnson

TE3: B. Troupe

K1: J. Nedney

K2: M. Bryant

D/ST1: J. Jaguars

D/ST2: C. Browns

Thoughts: I really don't know what to make of this squad. Picking from the 13th spot, I really didn't like any of the backs that were on the board, with Rudi Johnson going one spot before my pick. Accordingly, I went Steve Smith, who should have another stellar year as long as the hammys don't flare up again. Coming back in the second, I still couldn't get excited about any of the backs, so I grabbed another sure thing in Reggie Wayne.

Of course, this strategy left me with some real questions at RB. Not a single one of my backs is a guaranteed RB1. That said, I also think the top 3 guys are all going to play substantial roles next season, no matter what happens. Frankly, I may be the most excited about Henry, as the word is that he will renegotiate his deal to stay in TEN. If so, I think he'll have another nice year.

I'd put my WR up against anyone. I've already mentioned Smith and Wayne, but Berrian and Henderson give me all kinds of big play potential. Henderson intrigues me the most, as Horn is likely on his way out of town in NO, which should only increase his opportunities. I also thought Washington was a nice deal in round 20. I do wish that my WR 3-5 were less boom/bust type guys on a weekly basis.

QB situation is murky, but should be ok. I'm happy with Romo, who I think will only get better. Losman managed to come on pretty nicely at the end of last season, so here's hoping he manages to continue his improvement. Quinn, well -- basically I went on tilt after getting hosed in the now infamous JaMarcus Russell Debacle™ and just picked the next guy that came to mind. We'll see.

TE is also not a strength, which is why I took the unusual step of grabbing three. Miller is still a pretty good player, even if he didn't live up to expectations last year. I took a shot at Eric Johnson, who I think is on his way out of town in SF. If he can catch in the right spot, such as New Orleans, he could be a 700/5 type of guy. I also took a gamble on Troupe, who I'm betting can rebound from an awful season last year.

K and DT -- meh. I do like Jacksonville.

All in all, an ok draft from where I was sitting at #13. Let's go Ron Dayne :hot:
:D

Users who are viewing this thread