What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Vegans.... (1 Viewer)

And I especially think they err when they don't even count rodent deaths in wheat production, but get really super agitated about counting cattle deaths in beef production.
Yeah, gotta say I'm okay with rodent deaths, lots and lots of rodent deaths.  I do not care if they contribute to the ecosystem in some way I still want them dead.  I'm okay with that.

Shoot, I screwed up my quote and post.  Oh well, I was just saying I am okay with rodent deaths.  It's okay with me.

But if we were to keep up our current rate of meat consumption and get rid of the factory farming model we would literally have to use the entire continent to have enough animals to support the current demand...how do you reconcile that?  And of course more space for animal grazing means more forests torn down, means more wolves shot, means more cow manure in streams etc...

Just so you know...great conversation.  I appreciate having the discussion.  I don't think there is an easy answer given where the country is at and we agree on a lot of points.
Lower demand.  Charge more.

Good segment on this week's Vice on the difference between conventional agriculture and pasture-based agriculture. I don't know where to catch it if you don't have HBO...

I realize that many of these posts are 8 or 9 years old, but my god, why do people care so much if someone else doesn't want to eat meat?

I'm not sure that's accurate, but either way, I'm not arguing that we should keep up the current rate of meat consumption. If we switch to pasture-based farming, prices of animal products will go up and consumption will go down. That seems appropriate to me. Prices should reflect a true accounting of resources that are consumed, and people's consumption habits should be constrained by prices.
Perfectly said.

When in Boston we'd go to a farmer's market and buy meat from a young couple who recently started raising cows. Their prices were much more expensive than any supermarket. But it was the true cost of raising, butchering, packaging and delivering to the customer while being able to earn a profit for this couple. So I just spent the same money as I would at the supermarket but just bought less meat from them. They got some money from me, I got a better product, consumed less meat and felt good about the whole process. For me, a meal is much more enjoyable when it is sourced from this sort of interchange.

Users who are viewing this thread