What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A note to my coworker ... (2 Viewers)

I sent an email to a store at work about a project that is coming up for them. In the email, I wrote "Please have someone at the store on 11/24 at 9AM for the upgrade." Manager replied back, "9AM when? A day would be nice."

My bad. Next time I'll try to be more clear. :mellow:

I sent an email to a store at work about a project that is coming up for them. In the email, I wrote "Please have someone at the store on 11/24 at 9AM for the upgrade." Manager replied back, "9AM when? A day would be nice."

Do you have a store that is located at a place called 11/24?

We do not. I tried to reread my sentence multiple times to see if I could figure out a way that it may confuse someone, but it seems pretty straight to the point.

We do not. I tried to reread my sentence multiple times to see if I could figure out a way that it may confuse someone, but it seems pretty straight to the point.
I don't see any option but to reply back with no new text, just highlight the date in your original email and make it look something like 11/24

Hey girl that sits next to me chomping on your carrots again:

"Thanks for complaining about the cold weather again and saying that you can't wait for the hot weather. Because next summer, I can't wait for you to complain about the hot weather and that you can't wait for cold weather. You've only done this the last 2 years."

####.

Hey girl that sits next to me chomping on your carrots again:

"Thanks for complaining about the cold weather again and saying that you can't wait for the hot weather. Because next summer, I can't wait for you to complain about the hot weather and that you can't wait for cold weather. You've only done this the last 2 years."

####.
Oooo, she sounds thin.

Hey Guy who sits near me,

you don't have to keep making the same pun and then laugh, expecting me to laugh too. I'm not going to, so please stop.

We have this dimwit who we'll call "Bob" who now works remotely (moved away with wife).... and I use the term "works' Loosely. While we're scampering to get his role completely covered by new hires, "Bob" has actively interfered with his replacement.

Meanwhile, "Bob" has become "respond to every work request with an emailed question" guy, in an effort to delay actually having to do anything.

Hey "Bob",

XXXXXXXX from XXXXXXX called regarding a breakage on crowns 7/8/9 on order XXXX-XXXX.

He was hoping to have them remade. I presume this would be a warranty claim. There's no preset timetable for this, but I told him we should be able to get it out in the next week.

Thanks

[icon]
[icon],

Need the tooth number.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob,

Per the email below (now bolded), we're looking for 7 / 8 / 9. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

[icon]
[icon],

If I would have read it carefully I could have picked that up, duh!

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
We have this dimwit who we'll call "Bob" who now works remotely (moved away with wife).... and I use the term "works' Loosely. While we're scampering to get his role completely covered by new hires, "Bob" has actively interfered with his replacement.

Meanwhile, "Bob" has become "respond to every work request with an emailed question" guy, in an effort to delay actually having to do anything.

Hey "Bob",

XXXXXXXX from XXXXXXX called regarding a breakage on crowns 7/8/9 on order XXXX-XXXX.

He was hoping to have them remade. I presume this would be a warranty claim. There's no preset timetable for this, but I told him we should be able to get it out in the next week.

Thanks

[icon]
[icon],

Need the tooth number.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob,

Per the email below (now bolded), we're looking for 7 / 8 / 9. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

[icon]
[icon],

Thanks,

Bob
A date would be nice.

Hey "Bob",

Thanks

[icon]
[icon],

Need the tooth number.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob,

[icon]
[icon],

Thanks,

Bob
A date would be nice.
Dinner and a movie...then maybe some coffee at my place?

I don't see any option but to reply back with no new text, just highlight the date in your original email and make it look something like 11/24
monday.

Dear Annoying New Lady,

Please get the hint, no one wants to hear the story about your kid that you told 2 weeks ago. It's pretty obvious I don't want to sit there for 5 minutes to listen to some drawn out story. Do I need to just tell you to leave? I think my typing and staring at my computer screen should be sufficient. Thanks.

Signed,

Annoyed Guy That Can't Wait to Get His Office Back

Holy crap, I can't make this stuff up. Today, I sent out another email that said "Please have someone at the store on 11/25 at 9AM for the upgrade." And the response was "What time on 11/25?"

Holy crap, I can't make this stuff up. Today, I sent out another email that said "Please have someone at the store on 11/25 at 9AM for the upgrade." And the response was "What time on 11/25?"
Man they hire idiots there...

He's F'ing with you

Man they hire idiots there...
This is true. They hired me. :shrug:

He's F'ing with you
It's a she. And they are not the same person.

He's F'ing with you
I agree...

Send him back the time in a math equation.

"If train A and train B are located 120 miles apart and leave their respective stations at 7am traveling 60mph, the time they intersect is the time I will be there."

Oh joy, looks like I may be posting in here quite a bit for the next couple of months. <_<

2 weeks before moving back to Cali to take my old job...

Text from buddy/co-worker (Principal at company): Dude, just set up your office overlooking Catalina Island

Me: Awesome, is that old office or new??? (knew we were moving to new location soon)

Buddy: Old, we haven't space planned new office.

Me: Cool

Buddy, about 4 hours later: Uhhh my bad, no office for you. Person-X (also Principal, who I report to) wants you out with the project managers so you can collaborate.

Me: <_< whatev

----------------

Fast forward to first couple weeks back at the company (was here 1999-2008ish, with a private office... essentially took old job back).... But now I'm in a basic cube thingy, separated by 4-5 foot file cabinets from the other two PMs who share cubes right next to each other... collaboration? None, unless you count the new PM asking me incoherent questions every couple of hours or stopping by my cube to talk about her family. Oh God make it stop.

And, the kicker? I'm staring straight through the office I was supposed to get, which is completely empty. There are 3 totally empty offices, but the Nazi Principal doesn't want them to be occupied. Why? Because the third PM, who is essentially her #####, has been pining for an office for 2-3 years now. So if SHE can't get an office, why does niraD get one? I see the point, but not my problem.

----------------

Fast forward a few more weeks, and I tell my buddy that it's stupid that I'm not in an office. I have a huge printer behind me that everyone uses, so being on the phone is problematic. Plus the annoying new PM peppers me with questions that I rarely have any clue what the eff she's talking about. He finally gets with the President and Nazi and they agree to give me the office. :IBTL:

Result? The catty little other PM whines to Nazi about it and SHE gets that office and they plug me and the annoying new PM into a 2-desk office down the hall. Great.

Oh, and it's been a week, and the broad still hasn't moved her crap into the office. Yeah guess it was real important for you to get your way sweetie.

----------------

Yeah I know, cool story bro... who cares.

Sorry, had to vent to strangers. Now I get to listen to and manage this space cadet with zero privacy... which is all I really wanted. :topcat:

Oh office politics how I loathe you.

Hey ahole coworker. I have had a recent case of IBS due to a pending divorce, new job, and learning of my ailing parents. I accidentally let a few squeakers out because of the stress and the ulcer that has recently formed. THANKS FOR CALLING ME OUT during this tramatic time in my life. I can't even look at you due to my embarrassment.

Sounds like a great atmosphere to return to. Start looking again?
It'll work itself out. Space Cadet is teetering on the fence right now amidst her 3-month "evaluation" period. I was with this company from 1999-2008 with a little 1.5 year break in the middle. We'll go from 10ish employees to 30 in the next 3-4 years and I'm well-positioned. I won't let a little office politics get in my way. :)

Oh joy, looks like I may be posting in here quite a bit for the next couple of months. <_<

Text from buddy/co-worker (Principal at company): Dude, just set up your office overlooking Catalina Island

Me: Awesome, is that old office or new??? (knew we were moving to new location soon)

Buddy, about 4 hours later: Uhhh my bad, no office for you. Person-X (also Principal, who I report to) wants you out with the project managers so you can collaborate.

----------------

Fast forward to first couple weeks back at the company (was here 1999-2008ish, with a private office... essentially took old job back).... But now I'm in a basic cube thingy, separated by 4-5 foot file cabinets from the other two PMs who share cubes right next to each other... collaboration? None, unless you count the new PM asking me incoherent questions every couple of hours or stopping by my cube to talk about her family. Oh God make it stop.

And, the kicker? I'm staring straight through the office I was supposed to get, which is completely empty. There are 3 totally empty offices, but the Nazi Principal doesn't want them to be occupied. Why? Because the third PM, who is essentially her #####, has been pining for an office for 2-3 years now. So if SHE can't get an office, why does niraD get one? I see the point, but not my problem.

----------------

Fast forward a few more weeks, and I tell my buddy that it's stupid that I'm not in an office. I have a huge printer behind me that everyone uses, so being on the phone is problematic. Plus the annoying new PM peppers me with questions that I rarely have any clue what the eff she's talking about. He finally gets with the President and Nazi and they agree to give me the office. :IBTL:

Result? The catty little other PM whines to Nazi about it and SHE gets that office and they plug me and the annoying new PM into a 2-desk office down the hall. Great.

Oh, and it's been a week, and the broad still hasn't moved her crap into the office. Yeah guess it was real important for you to get your way sweetie.

----------------

Sorry, had to vent to strangers. Now I get to listen to and manage this space cadet with zero privacy... which is all I really wanted. :topcat:

Great job negotiating your return. To continue your analogy, you seem to be Neville Chamberlain.

----------------

----------------

----------------

Great job negotiating your return. To continue your analogy, you seem to be Neville Chamberlain.
:lol: When I left in 2006 (worked remotely '06-08) I had an office, but was "under" a different principal. I fully assumed having an office would be a no-brainer, especially with the company going to a virtual skeleton crew when the real estate market took a huge dump. Never even considered it as a negotiation element.

Never expected office politics (Nazi principal didn't want my "contemporary" to whine about me getting an office) here.

We were supposed to move to a new space Jan. 1 -- so didn't concern myself with it too much.... that is, until that schedule got pushed out to February. Now they know that I am deserving of a private office so I don't have to put up with the Space Cadet.... speaking of:

Got trapped in a 10ish minute diatribe about her cousin, who's a writer, and how the Italian historians in New York just love his work and how she loaned him an encylopedia one time, and then her dad left her mom with the whole set - minus one volume - so she wouldn't be able to sell it as a complete set after their divorce and (breath) how her cousin is now a screenwriter and and and.... you get the idea. I almost pretended to get a call on my cell to shut her up.

He's F'ing with you
I agree...

Send him back the time in a math equation.

"If train A and train B are located 120 miles apart and leave their respective stations at 7am traveling 60mph, the time they intersect is the time I will be there."
8am??

----------------

----------------

----------------

:oldunsure:

Welp, Merry Christmas, co-worker / office co-inhabitant. You get canned today.

The broad is just too much of a space cadet and has no idea what she's doing.

Bad time to let someone go but they're giving her (after being here just over 3 months) a month's pay to get her through the holidays.

Insurance (both on her part and company's) would have been a nightmare if they waited until after the first of the year.

More work for me (I'll take all of her projects) but I regain my sanity.

Dear Old Fart

I get that you built the company up from scratch so you have a wealth of experience. But you chose to sell the company to new owners so it could expand globally.

Now that this is going on, please get out of the way. You don't actually have any experience from outside of the little out of nowhere hamlet you call home so it is a waste of time that everything should have to go through you.

Can you not handle the pace of change? are you having anxiety attacks? Guess what, it's not your money any more so instead of slowing things down with inane requests about things that doesn't matter one iota, put on your big boy pants and answer the effing questions that you get answered - and when you don't understand what is going on - shut the #### up!

Yours affectionately

Your soon to be ex-co-worker

PS Yes, that's right. I'll leave you to finish the project. Feel free to call when you need a consultant to rake your stones out of the fire. If you don't want to hear me laughing and hanging up, let your first words be 'I'll triple your salary".

I swear to god if this guy does one more "fake golf swing" while standing at my neighbor's cube, I'm gonna throw a real golf ball at him. He looks like such a tool. Yes. That's the ONLY reason this bothers me. It's getting late, and I've had a ###### day because we're deep in year-end close.

He's standing there listening to this guy explain something, and every few minutes, he'll literally look down and get into a golf swing stance, wiggle, and then execute a full air-swing. WTF man. "Look at me! I play golf!" Good for you.

Makes me wonder what other sports you could do this for and have it be socially acceptable. Tennis serve? A baseball swing? Field Goal? Hockey Slap Shot?

"Don't mind me...just practicing my jai alai."

I swear to god if this guy does one more "fake golf swing" while standing at my neighbor's cube, I'm gonna throw a real golf ball at him. He looks like such a tool. Yes. That's the ONLY reason this bothers me. It's getting late, and I've had a ###### day because we're deep in year-end close.

He's standing there listening to this guy explain something, and every few minutes, he'll literally look down and get into a golf swing stance, wiggle, and then execute a full air-swing. WTF man. "Look at me! I play golf!" Good for you.

Makes me wonder what other sports you could do this for and have it be socially acceptable. Tennis serve? A baseball swing? Field Goal? Hockey Slap Shot?

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a

GET IN THE HOLE!

Used to work with a guy like this. Total d-bag.

:lmao: My mom dated a guy (after my parents divorced) that did this ALL THE TIME. One time we were all waiting in line to get into the movies. He started practicing his swing because he could see his reflection in a plate glass window...of a busy restaurant. The people inside the restaurant were looking at him like he was a lunatic.

Guy had like a 3 handicap though :mellow:

:lmao: My mom dated a guy (after my parents divorced) that did this ALL THE TIME. One time we were all waiting in line to get into the movies. He started practicing his swing because he could see his reflection in a plate glass window...of a busy restaurant. The people inside the restaurant were looking at him like he was a lunatic.

It doesn't happen by accident

----------------

----------------

----------------

:lol: When I left in 2006 (worked remotely '06-08) I had an office, but was "under" a different principal. I fully assumed having an office would be a no-brainer, especially with the company going to a virtual skeleton crew when the real estate market took a huge dump. Never even considered it as a negotiation element.

Never expected office politics (Nazi principal didn't want my "contemporary" to whine about me getting an office) here.

We were supposed to move to a new space Jan. 1 -- so didn't concern myself with it too much.... that is, until that schedule got pushed out to February. Now they know that I am deserving of a private office so I don't have to put up with the Space Cadet.... speaking of:

Got trapped in a 10ish minute diatribe about her cousin, who's a writer, and how the Italian historians in New York just love his work and how she loaned him an encylopedia one time, and then her dad left her mom with the whole set - minus one volume - so she wouldn't be able to sell it as a complete set after their divorce and (breath) how her cousin is now a screenwriter and and and.... you get the idea. I almost pretended to get a call on my cell to shut her up.
It's time to sack up Johnny. People only do this to you if you let them.

Hey guys I feel like the hall monitor asking you to take your trash out because the garlic sauce from little Cesar's you threw in there is stinking up the entire office... Can you just use a little common sense?

Same goes for the ecigs. I gave you the ok to use them in the office... They were these little pen like devices and you blew out a little vapor, no problem but now you're bringing in these massive peace pipes and blowing out huge billows of vapor... So now you can't use them because people are complaining.

Here's what you do next time - http://guycodeblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/dirties.gif

Fat Nick said:

If he bothers you, I'll take care of him. What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of his leg right at the bottom. He'll never play fake golf swing again, because his weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right. He'll never come through on anything. He'll quit the game.

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Fat Nick said:

I bet that guy's whole identity revolved around golf. You know who I bet doesn't air-swing in public in random places? Any pro golfer ever. I really doubt Tiger and Phil do this.

From a friend of mine who posted this on Facebook...

That awkward moment when someone goes and pees during a conference call and doesn't mute. #‎WorkFromHomeProblems‬ (no it wasn't me)
I have a good buddy that works from home. Told us a story of how he laid a massive fart while on a conference call and forgot to mute. Someone was talking while he did it and they just went silent for about 10 seconds. Huge blowout followed by awkward silence. Awesome.

And he was the only one on the phone so it was crystal clear who did it.

From a friend of mine who posted this on Facebook...

That awkward moment when someone goes and pees during a conference call and doesn't mute. #‎WorkFromHomeProblems‬ (no it wasn't me)
I've NEVER understood people who take phones into work restrooms while on calls. Especially if they're actually speaking. If I'm in a stall and I hear someone come in on a call, I'll strain till I pop blood vessels to rip one out while they're on the phone.

sublimeone said:

----------------

----------------

----------------

It's time to sack up Johnny. People only do this to you if you let them.
She got canned. More so due to performance or lack thereof but the "culture mis-fit" was part of it too. Whew, thank God.

Fat Nick said:

I bet that guy's whole identity revolved around golf. You know who I bet doesn't air-swing in public in random places? Any pro golfer ever. I really doubt Tiger and Phil do this.
He also played a mean game of pool. Funny though...I never saw him practice his masse while waiting for a table to open up at Hungry Tiger.

He also played a mean game of pool. Funny though...I never saw him practice his masse while waiting for a table to open up at Hungry Tiger.
Guess he was good with shafts and balls and putting things in holes...NTTAWWT

Guess he was good with shafts and balls and putting things in holes...NTTAWWT
He sounds like an accomplished c0cksman.

gmbacm said:
Fat Nick said:

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a

GET IN THE HOLE!
Bababoooooey!

Users who are viewing this thread