What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1st Annual White Elephant Survivor - signup thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
BassNBrew said:
Duckboy with LT locked in at 1.16....SOD!!!
why can't he be stolen?
Everyone already had a chance to steal him prior to their pick except Arod who can't steal a player back. It's a big hole in this format. Duckboy will be adding a high second round pick to his team at the 3.16 position.
Do you see a way to fix this issue?

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
BassNBrew said:
why can't he be stolen?
Everyone already had a chance to steal him prior to their pick except Arod who can't steal a player back. It's a big hole in this format. Duckboy will be adding a high second round pick to his team at the 3.16 position.
:confused: We can do a "Normal" draft :IBTL:

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
BassNBrew said:
why can't he be stolen?
Yes...after a player is stolen, reset the everyone's chance to steal him again to one opportunity. That way after Duckboy gets LT, everyone back to ARod would have another opportunity. If he's stolen again, then everyone gets another opportunity. Let owner's have the option to re-steal, hence no one is penalized for stealing LT early.

BassNBrew said:
Fiddles said:
BassNBrew said:
You only get once chance to steal a guy. If have an opportunity to steal a guy and you pass you cannot go back and steal him with your next selection unless someone has stolen your player and you are making your makeup selection.
I'm thinking this needs to be modified otherwise Duckboy romps.
ya duckboy will own this draft as its currently setupim in an ok slot i just have to take the 2nd or 3rd best player taken of the previous 30
Arod will make out well too
Does the fact that the middle guys can steal on both of their draft picks even out the fact that the ends can can only steal once per turn?

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
BassNBrew said:
why can't he be stolen?
Yes...after a player is stolen, reset the everyone's chance to steal him again to one opportunity. That way after Duckboy gets LT, everyone back to ARod would have another opportunity. If he's stolen again, then everyone gets another opportunity. Let owner's have the option to re-steal, hence no one is penalized for stealing LT early.
This makes sense. I will add it into the rules. I thinks its probably best if we start over with this new rule in place. Should we start over?

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
BassNBrew said:
why can't he be stolen?
This makes sense. I will add it into the rules. I thinks its probably best if we start over with this new rule in place. Should we start over?
:throwing monkey feces:

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
BassNBrew said:
why can't he be stolen?
So if someone steals him from me, everyone gets another opportunity, including me? Not sure how to track that; just means that someone will take him in the 2nd, someone else in the 3rd, someone else in the 4th, etc. When do you stop stealing LT?

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
BassNBrew said:
why can't he be stolen?
:throwing monkey feces:
:shock: I know, I know. I had a feeling there was going to be some traiwrecking but I think when we iron out all the details this could make for one helluva fun draft when stragery really starts.

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
BassNBrew said:
why can't he be stolen?
So if someone steals him from me, everyone gets another opportunity, including me? Not sure how to track that; just means that someone will take him in the 2nd, someone else in the 3rd, someone else in the 4th, etc. When do you stop stealing LT?
You only get a certain amount of steals. You could waste them all and never get him.

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
BassNBrew said:
why can't he be stolen?
5 times max per the rules.

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
BassNBrew said:
why can't he be stolen?
You only get a certain amount of steals. You could waste them all and never get him.
But in theory here (if enough people used steals in the right places) Aaron could end with him at 20.16, correct? All the last few rounds likely will be then is steals of steals of steals.Good theory, and I think the way around that is to only be able to go back a max of 16 (as was proposed before) which eliminates some of the benefit of those of us on the ends.

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
BassNBrew said:
why can't he be stolen?
5 times max per the rules.
Each person gets 5 steals, so all it takes (assuming no one else stolen) is each stealing in progression, plus reset, and that's only 1 steal each plus 4 or 5 extra.

I'm thinking the ideal strategy should be to draft guys who you think won't be stolen. At 1.1 Arod should select a guy who he feels is first round talent, but who's ADP is early second round. You want to draft players who won't be stolen. Eventually LT will look enticing because drafting him will give you the option of taking a player on the board once stolen and forcing your opposition to burn steals.

I'm thinking the ideal strategy should be to draft guys who you think won't be stolen. At 1.1 Arod should select a guy who he feels is first round talent, but who's ADP is early second round. You want to draft players who won't be stolen. Eventually LT will look enticing because drafting him will give you the option of taking a player on the board once stolen and forcing your opposition to burn steals.
This is correct, and what I was looking at with Marvin in the 2nd (should have likely made the turn past everyone's stealability), then the opportunity to steal back anyone in the 2nd or 3rd. Effectively giving me my top pick in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. Though I guess I could modify by picking my top 2nd in the 2nd, and just stealing whoever my next pick was (though that would burn steals way too quickly).If I were Aaron I would have chosen someone like the top WR or Gates (whoever you might think was a high second and unstealable), then stolen LT back at 2.16 when no one could touch him.Edit for typos

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started a new thread with a modified set of rules for consideration.

Whatever we decide, we should make sure that everyone understands them, and restart this draft.

THIS IS A BRAND NEW DRAFT STYLE WE'RE PIONEERING. IT MAY REQUIRE A LITTLE PATIENCE AS THE KINKS ARE WORKED OUT!

Users who are viewing this thread