What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ashley York and Otis (2 Viewers)

Righetti

Footballguy
Augment Lauren scams the FFA (and many other dorks) into sending her free money for a set of breasts she never got (or intended to get)

Ashley York scams Otis (and many other dorks trolling for chicks on Friendster) into meeting her at various bars only to leave these guys waiting for a girl who never shows up

Owned and Owned

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashley York--- pretends she is a model who looks conspicuously similar to Sienna Miller with a British Accent

Augment Lauren-- pretends she is an SMU student with a flirtatious attitude looking like a pretty average chick

QUOTEFrom: AshleyDate: Monday, September 18, 2006 6:32 PMSubject: Re: heads up!Message: yeah, exactly, that's exactly how i see it--and figured it. it just didn't add up. too bad.but, right, none of the other guys had figured it. there were one or two who were like, eff-it, but not really anybody who had basically decided she was fake. well, one guy, but he was still talking to her.one guy insisted she was real and forwarded my message to her--and boy did that piss her off.what i can't figure out for the life of me is how she can be so bright and knowledgable and fun to talk to (and passionate), but not have the follow through to see what happens in person. but you're right--she's either the jilted girl or the girl who's never been and is afraid to be. dunno... i guess i just regret not knowing anything for a fact, y'know? i mean, all i really have is a phone number with no voice mail message. the e-mail addy has her obviously fake name, her schools/job have never heard of her... i just wish i knew who she was.

:goodposting:

Bump for recent Otis/Ashley York developments and necessary serious businessTM FFA deliberation.

Whoa. That's a wild story. Sounds like the Te'o thing too.What's the end game on that one though? Someone who just enjoys effing with people?

Holy crap.http://fingertheblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/ashley-york-vol-1-beginning.html
Just read he entire thing. Almost identical to what happened to poor Otis
LOTS of commonalities, but this dude invested an INSANE amount of effort -- like driving out to Montauk??? wtf.My effort involved stopping over at a local bar after work and which she said she's meet me at. But I never went THAT out of my way or committed THAT much effort.

But yes, same girl I dealt with. Same facts, same story, same schtick. I'd be really curious to know who she is in real life, how many dozens of hundreds of dudes spent time on this, and why the hell she did it. She must have committed a TON of effort. I guess she just got off on it. :shrug:I once snapped on her after she stood me up and told her I was certain she weighed about 500 lbs. I suspect I was probably right.

But yes, same girl I dealt with. Same facts, same story, same schtick. I'd be really curious to know who she is in real life, how many dozens of hundreds of dudes spent time on this, and why the hell she did it. She must have committed a TON of effort. I guess she just got off on it. :shrug:I once snapped on her after she stood me up and told her I was certain she weighed about 500 lbs. I suspect I was probably right.
Speaking of which, what are you weighing in at these days, gb?

Holy crap.http://fingertheblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/ashley-york-vol-1-beginning.html
LOTS of commonalities, but this dude invested an INSANE amount of effort -- like driving out to Montauk??? wtf.My effort involved stopping over at a local bar after work and which she said she's meet me at. But I never went THAT out of my way or committed THAT much effort.
Cliffs?

Cliffs?
Check the link above that I stumbled across tonight. Basically what happened to that dude happened to me. It started with a super hot chick on Friendster named Ashley York. The rest is history.It's like the T'eo dude except I suck at football and will never be rich.

The FFA thread is gone. Did Otis get sucked into Ashley York?
I don't think much sucking in happened.
That was a softball. Reading that blog saga of York listed below, that's really weird. Does someone just get off doing that?
Apparently. Over the years I heard from one other dude who got sucked in. But this blog is news to me. It explains a lot. But still nobody has found the chick. I'd love to meet the real chick behind this and spend an hour at a bar with her understanding what the hell motivated her to do this sort of thing.

That was a softball. Reading that blog saga of York listed below, that's really weird. Does someone just get off doing that?
Apparently. Over the years I heard from one other dude who got sucked in. But this blog is news to me. It explains a lot. But still nobody has found the chick. I'd love to meet the real chick behind this and spend an hour at a bar with her understanding what the hell motivated her to do this sort of thing.
We're you working through some he/she type matchmaker like the dude in the blog?

What is the end game with these hoaxes? It seems like the worst possible use of ones time.
That's what I never got. I mean, for me, gullible as it seemed, the end game was sleeping with this smoking hot broad in the pictures. Who would devote all that time and call me on the phone regularly if it were a farce? At what point is my gullibility excused?But for her? She must have had multiple guys on the hook at any given time over the span of years. That's a TON of time to devote to this. My best guess, which I verbalized to her once during one or the last conversations, was that she was an enormous fat pig of a woman who always envied the pretty girls. So she went out of her way to play a pretty, privileged girl by pretend on the Internet to see how it felt and she really enjoyed it. It was her escape from her own sad lonely and boring life.

We're you working through some he/she type matchmaker like the dude in the blog?
No. I think I started early in her career. I randomly found and messaged her in the early days of Friendster, when on the quiet nights at home I would message random chicks. I ended up meeting up with and hooking up with some. She was by far the hottest. Of course it wasn't her in the pics. (In fact I wonder if I was one of the first. She didn't message me. I actually messages her when randomly trolling for chicks. It sounds like somewhere along the way she got hooked on it and started setting these up herself though fake matchmakers. Interesting). After Friendster we progressed to email and phone. At some point a friend busted her in the pic by pointing out the picture was actually model Sienna Miller. I called her out on I and she played it off like it was an intereney doppelgänger joke. I finally had it with her and bailed. She later found me on email again years later and we started more phone chatting. After she stood me up for drinks once reacted crazy like it was my fault (pulled the reverse mad, exactly like with the dude in the blog) I gave her up again. It's funny because the blog dude describes her well. Her phone personality was pretty cool and normal. Funny, sassy, smart aleck. Sounded intelligent and educated and worldly. Sexy voice. It all matched the pictures and what you would imagine. In your head you could imagine her being a perfect catch. A little nuts maybe, but then again she was still after all a chick. Years later when I started dating my wife she found me on Facebook. We were friends on there for a while. She had a really elaborate setup this time with fake siblings posting on her profile and pics of the "real " her (another skinny, smoking hot, world traveling blonde). I think at some point I clipped her during a FB pruning and mostly forgot about her until the recent Righetti email reminder about her which caused me to google and find the link to the blog. Too funny. I once actually got a message from some dude on Friendster warning me about the scam years after. He had a similar experience. But I never saw anything as elaborate as this blog and I sure never had the time or interest for something like that myself. Closest I got was a schtick FFA thread some years ago, since deleted.

HOOO...LYYYY...####! You're kidding me here. The same person? Geez!

Were you in love with her?

Users who are viewing this thread