What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ashley York and Otis (1 Viewer)

If you could get a computer to do the talking, like an automated attendant that is super smart on the back end and can actually hold a conversation, post on Facebook, etc it probably gets pretty cheap. The more and more of this you automate, the cheaper it gets. It could be one of the ultimate ways to gather information on people. Someone needs to program this, so maybe this scam helps gather that data while they advance whatever parts can be automated. You'd ideally want the process to include no meet up and just running the mark through all sorts of hoops since they're talking to a computer. There could be all sorts of routines for other personality types, and the software adjusts as it learns more about the mark. Ideally you need to find the best way to extract information from each of these types over time. You could even train it to modify the behavior of the mark on the other end in ways you want. Maybe that's what the running people all over the country part is about.The scam could naturally improve over time as well as they gather more information on people around the globe. They don't have to run with the whole "we met in the hamptons" deal because they'll already have information on many marks based on previous conversations with their friends and relatives. They might even be able to have some other attempts against the actual mark in some other form to gather personality and other information and only launch a more elaborate scam when it has a certain probability of success.Otis probably naturally likes the other people that fell for this scam for 2 years. Their personality is very similar to his.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you could get a computer to do the talking, like an automated attendant that is super smart on the back end and can actually hold a conversation, post on Facebook, etc it probably gets pretty cheap.
I'm thinking of using a call center in India.

If you could get a computer to do the talking, like an automated attendant that is super smart on the back end and can actually hold a conversation, post on Facebook, etc it probably gets pretty cheap.
I'm thinking of using a call center in India.
Problem is that this needs to be very authentic and it's probably easier to teach a computer to lose the accent. It's probably also easier to teach the computer to run with different personality types as well. There's probably a dumb "Ashley York" if they found that its a redneck on the other end, but they ran the smart one because this scam is directed at super smart college types like Otis it seems.

Has anyone besides me watched one episode of Catfish on MTV?The one episode I saw involved some college lacrosse dude in Michigan talking with a hot blonde on Facebook for over a year. The dudes on catfish track down the hot blonde and it turns out to be a 20-something gay black dude. They went on to ask the gay guy how many people he was having a fake online relationship with and his response was something like 'about 100.'

Has anyone besides me watched one episode of Catfish on MTV?The one episode I saw involved some college lacrosse dude in Michigan talking with a hot blonde on Facebook for over a year. The dudes on catfish track down the hot blonde and it turns out to be a 20-something gay black dude. They went on to ask the gay guy how many people he was having a fake online relationship with and his response was something like 'about 100.'
Most of them, I think.

Otis> interesting story. We're going to need to see the pics you have (since the blog deleted theirs) please.
He mentioned a pic of her riding a donkey. I saw those on Facebook a couple years ago. She's super, super hot in those pics. But the pics constantly changed over time. And what was funny is that it wasn't even the same person in all her pics.I dug into my archive from 2005 and found a few pics. I'll try and upload them. They're of different chicks. That was one thing I remember -- back in the day I remember telling Righetti and the fellas that all her pics look like different people. She basically would just post pics of a bunch of hot similar looking blonde girls, and sometimes with angles such that you couldn't easily tell they were different people. But the Greece photos were by far the hottest because they were bikini pics of her riding a donkey and a vespa etc. Sadly I don't think I have those.
Seemed like from the blog, that later on they had pictures of the same two girls (or this guy and his crack crew of detectives didn't notice they were different people). So they were definitely getting a better backing story as they progressed.
I think I was in on the ground floor before other people were involved.
Maybe. It sounded like Troy's friend got duped pretty long ago. Like early 2000s.

How can you get duped so easily? Everybody has access to webcams. If they don't show themselves to you with live video, they are just full of crap.

How can you get duped so easily? Everybody has access to webcams. If they don't show themselves to you with live video, they are just full of crap.
Pretty good point in 2013. Keep in mind that I and others first had contact with her in 2005. Different time. Recall the T'eo thing though -- they tries face timing a few times but he said "Lenny" would always have a blank screen and would make like her camera must have been broken. "What you can't see me?? But I can see you fine! I don't get it."). Eventually it's pretty stupid to believe I guess, but you could see how a 20 year old kid who wants to believe something could be duped.

might want to check your bible. BLESSED are those who believe without seeing....

Pretty good point in 2013. Keep in mind that I and others first had contact with her in 2005. Different time. Recall the T'eo thing though -- they tries face timing a few times but he said "Lenny" would always have a blank screen and would make like her camera must have been broken. "What you can't see me?? But I can see you fine! I don't get it."). Eventually it's pretty stupid to believe I guess, but you could see how a 20 year old kid who wants to believe something could be duped.
:goodposting: I really do believe him now with all of these other stories. Just because he is the man at ND doesn't mean it can't happen to him and maybe he is an easier target as he hasn't had a lot of things "go wrong" where he is skeptical and doesn't trust people.In cases like this, it almost goes the other way in terms of believability. Isn't it easier to believe someone is real than it is to believe that someone would go through such lengths to pretend to be someone who doesn't exist? I can't fathom someone spending their time tricking other people for no reason. Check out the other T'eo thread where people couldn't understand how he was a victim because they couldn't believe that someone was faking him out without his knowledge. Then you read this thread and other stories and it makes sense.

So, I never saw the name in the FingerBlog thingy, but I pulled up the plaintiffs linkedin, and she went to Harvard, worked in Greece, and now works like 15 minutes from me :popcorn:
Doubtful.
According to her linkedin... this isn't Ashley York...well it probably is the picture of Ashley York but not the catfisher.
So, I never saw the name in the FingerBlog thingy, but I pulled up the plaintiffs linkedin, and she went to Harvard, worked in Greece, and now works like 15 minutes from me :popcorn:
Whats the name?
Click the link

Maybe you saw her on webcam but didn't know it. Probably a super fat chick who needed a panoramic to fit on screen.ETA, or it is a guy.

Whats the name?
Holy crap. Someone sued her for this. I'm on a mobile device but I will download the complaint later. References to "soliciting numerous men. "Wow.

Wow. This Claire Lukemon sued her. Apparently York obtained hundreds of photos of Claire and her family and posed as her. Just wow. What's a little bizarre is that according to that twitter profile York is still in business. Even though this suit was filed and dismissed years ago. Maybe they couldn't find her to serve her?

Wow. This Claire Lukemon sued her. Apparently York obtained hundreds of photos of Claire and her family and posed as her.

Just wow.

What's a little bizarre is that according to that twitter profile York is still in business. Even though this suit was filed and dismissed years ago. Maybe they couldn't find her to serve her?
Wasn't it dismissed less than 2 years ago?

I'll admit that I'm starting to get confused now. I thought the guy that wrote that blog came to the conclusion that the real Ashley York was also a victim and the girl responsible stole her identity. But some of the sleuthing in here and the lawsuit make it sound like the real Ashley York really is responsible? Or is that maybe why the lawsuit was voluntarily dismissed?

Wow. This Claire Lukemon sued her. Apparently York obtained hundreds of photos of Claire and her family and posed as her. Just wow. What's a little bizarre is that according to that twitter profile York is still in business. Even though this suit was filed and dismissed years ago. Maybe they couldn't find her to serve her?
Funny stuff. I found the complaint and am reading through it now as well. Looks like it was in 2011.

I'll admit that I'm starting to get confused now. I thought the guy that wrote that blog came to the conclusion that the real Ashley York was also a victim and the girl responsible stole her identity. But some of the sleuthing in here and the lawsuit make it sound like the real Ashley York really is responsible? Or is that maybe why the lawsuit was voluntarily dismissed?
From the complaint, it looks like it was filed without knowing any real info about Ashley York. Just that there was the belief she was a resident of New York.

Otis> interesting story. We're going to need to see the pics you have (since the blog deleted theirs) please.
He mentioned a pic of her riding a donkey. I saw those on Facebook a couple years ago. She's super, super hot in those pics. But the pics constantly changed over time. And what was funny is that it wasn't even the same person in all her pics.I dug into my archive from 2005 and found a few pics. I'll try and upload them. They're of different chicks. That was one thing I remember -- back in the day I remember telling Righetti and the fellas that all her pics look like different people. She basically would just post pics of a bunch of hot similar looking blonde girls, and sometimes with angles such that you couldn't easily tell they were different people. But the Greece photos were by far the hottest because they were bikini pics of her riding a donkey and a vespa etc. Sadly I don't think I have those.
I would not like a girl who rode the Santorini donkeys. Most likely it's a fantasy for her because she did not make the weight limit to get on those poor abused animals.

So is Claire Lukeman the girl you saw in the pics? If she sued Ashley York, that means the person doing this really is named "Ashley York"? And like you said, she was sued and is still doing this? This just keeps on getting more and more weird. I mean, doing this for no tangible or obvious gain is one thing, but to keep on doing it despite getting sued for it is a whole other level of crazy.

So is Claire Lukeman the girl you saw in the pics? If she sued Ashley York, that means the person doing this really is named "Ashley York"? And like you said, she was sued and is still doing this? This just keeps on getting more and more weird. I mean, doing this for no tangible or obvious gain is one thing, but to keep on doing it despite getting sued for it is a whole other level of crazy.
Claire filed a complaint against Ashley York in a District Court in Washington DC. It was filed against an ASHLEY YORK and an Ashley York was issued a summons. Looks like there was trouble actually issuing this summons as there were numerous extensions filed for proof of the summons. It looks like eventually the time period ran out, Lukeman was unable to provide proof that Ashley York was summons and the case was dismissed by Claire.My guess is this Ashley York doesn't exists under the name Ashley York and therefore was never able to be found for purposes of the summons. So the person doing this probably isn't named Ashley York.

Also for those who read the Finger blog posts, Clair is the chick who they found out went to Harvard, went to Greece etc... So this guy's thoughts they maybe the two Harvard girls were behind this are wrong. Looks like this Ashley York chick basically stole this Harvard girls life and posed as her under the name Ashley York.

Claire filed a complaint against Ashley York in a District Court in Washington DC. It was filed against an ASHLEY YORK and an Ashley York was issued a summons. Looks like there was trouble actually issuing this summons as there were numerous extensions filed for proof of the summons. It looks like eventually the time period ran out, Lukeman was unable to provide proof that Ashley York was summons and the case was dismissed by Claire.My guess is this Ashley York doesn't exists under the name Ashley York and therefore was never able to be found for purposes of the summons. So the person doing this probably isn't named Ashley York.
They used the filing to do discovery on ISP's and other sources to try to track down the real defendant (from the motion for an extension) but were apparently unable to find her and ended up dismissing the case without serving process. Claire Lukeman appears to be the biggest victim here, probably running up some significant fees using Winston Strawn in DC, plus whatever investigators they hired. She's apparently been contacted by numerous dudes who found her pictures and thought she was the one doing all this. What a nightmare.

I checked out Claire Lukeman's picture on Linkedin and it was definitely one of the Ashley Yorks. Note that I don't think Claire was the only picture source. These changed over time.

Found this while searching 'Claire Lukeman':

My link

Close the link of the chick pic and you'll see a Harvard connection.

Highlights:

7. Ashley York has obtained hundreds of photographs of Ms. Lukeman and her family from Ms. Lukeman's Facebook.com profile, and Ms. York has created numerous internet profiles in which she uses the photographs and claims they portray Ms. York. Ms. York has created profiles using the photographs on Facebook.com, Twitter.com, Friendster.com and Linkedin.com....10. Ms. York has created e-mail accounts and purchased mobile phones to communicate with the men she meets online through the use of profiles containing Ms. Lukeman's photographs. She has registered at least one of the phones under the first name "Claire."11. Claiming to be the woman in the photographs, Ms. York has sustained sexually explicit communications with many different men via the internet and telephone, and has even entered into "taking" relationships with some. When she arranges to meet the men in person, however, Ms. York invariably fails to appear.12. Several of the men with whom Ms. York has communicated have subsequently discovered that the woman picture is Ms. Lukeman, have sought to contact Ms. Lukeman and publicize information about her, and have expressed suspicion that Ms. Lukeman is running a scam.

There is an Ashley L. York from Buffalo.
Link?
There are dozens of Ashley Yorks all over the country. I think the suspicion is that this isn't her real name.Then again, maybe it is. Maybe the first time she did this was an innocent discovery -- I recall on Friendster her original profile pictures turned out to be a model (at least one shot was a young Sienna Miller). Maybe she had a profile under her own name and one day happened to put some model pics up there and slowly started getting tons of attention, and so maybe she just continued on. Though I recall busting her once on the Sienna Miller thing (actually I think it was OCZed who figured out who it was). Maybe she had enough guys recognizing the celebs/models, and so she had to change her approach -- which is when she started finding people like Clarie Lukemon and cribbing their pictures.

Finger dude mentioned a Kim Daniel for the phone number... then thought that wasnt right BC they were all 40+ yr olds in NY...which makes perfect sense.

Just finished reading the Finger blog. Still can't believe she made a guy fly to the super bowl in Houston on a whim and stood him up there. That is just wrong. With all the guys she has done this to, you figure plenty aren't saying anything about it because they are embarrassed. I can't imagine what else she has done. I know it has been said over and over, but why on earth would anyone ever do this? It takes a lot of time and she gets nothing out of it. I think Otis is right, she is hideous and just totally gets off on the attention. But why does the dude play the role of Krista? What the F does he get out of it. Man, people are weird.

Just finished reading the Finger blog. Still can't believe she made a guy fly to the super bowl in Houston on a whim and stood him up there. That is just wrong. With all the guys she has done this to, you figure plenty aren't saying anything about it because they are embarrassed. I can't imagine what else she has done. I know it has been said over and over, but why on earth would anyone ever do this? It takes a lot of time and she gets nothing out of it. I think Otis is right, she is hideous and just totally gets off on the attention. But why does the dude play the role of Krista? What the F does he get out of it. Man, people are weird.
My wife agrees this was just done for attention and for the chance to live someone else's (more glamorous) life. She also thinks the lengths to which this chick went are pretty extreme.

What is interesting is the guys initiated contact and the stalking. They're lucky he/she is not a seral killer.

My wife agrees this was just done for attention and for the chance to live someone else's (more glamorous) life. She also thinks the lengths to which this chick went are pretty extreme.
watcha few episodes of Catfish on MTV. people are ####ed up and stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread