What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Baseball Wagering Thread *** (1 Viewer)

prosopis

Arizona Chupacabra

by Jack Buck ©

Published: On Air Poem (Date Unknown)

When someone asks you your favorite sport

And you answer Baseball in a blink

There are certain qualities you must possess

And you're more attached than you think.

In the frozen grip of winter

I'm sure you'll agree with me

Not a day goes by without someone

Talking baseball to some degree.

The calendar flips on New Year's Day

The Super Bowl comes and it goes

Get the other sports out of the way

The green grass and the fever grows.

It's time to pack a bag and take a trip

To Arizona or the Sunshine State

Perhaps you can't go, but there's the radio

So you listen-you root-you wait.

They start the campaign, pomp and pageantry reign

You claim the pennant on Opening Day

From April till fall

You follow the bouncing white ball

Your team is set to go all the way.

They fall short of the series

You have a case of the "wearies"

And need as break from the game

But when Christmas bells jingle

You feel that old tingle

And you're ready for more of the same.

It will be hot dogs for dinner

Six months of heaven, a winner

Yes, Baseball has always been it.

You would amaze all your friends

If they knew to what ends

You'd go for a little old hit.

The best times you're had

Have been with your Mom and your Dad

And a bat and a ball and a glove.

From the first time you played

Till the last time you prayed

It's been a simple matter of love.

365 by Jack Buck

Last edited by a moderator:
2007 World Series Championship Odds

Odds to win

1001 Team to win the 2007 MLB World Series

1001 Arizona Diamondbacks +4200

1002 Atlanta Braves +3200

1003 Baltimore Orioles +10000

1004 Boston Red Sox +650

1005 Chicago Cubs +1200

1006 Chicago White Sox +900

1007 Cincinnati Reds +6000

1008 Cleveland Indians +1500

1009 Colorado Rockies +10000

1010 Detroit Tigers +950

1011 Florida Marlins +3500

1012 Houston Astros +3500

1013 Kansas City Royals +15000

1014 Los Angeles Angels +900

1015 Los Angeles Dodgers +1200

1016 Milwaukee Brewers +3200

1017 Minnesota Twins +2200

1018 New York Mets +650

1019 New York Yankees +440

1020 Oakland Athletics +2400

1021 Philadelphia Phillies +1600

1022 Pittsburgh Pirates +12000

1023 San Diego Padres +2500

1024 San Francisco Giants +3000

1025 Seattle Mariners +4000

1026 St Louis Cardinals +1000

1027 Tampa Bay Devil Rays +15000

1028 Texas Rangers +4500

1029 Toronto Blue Jays +1600

1030 Washington Nationals +15000

Hey Prop - Nice opening...... but there is a typo in the Thread title.....
Yeah, should read "*** Official Baseball Wagering Thread ***", just to piss off SLBD. :no:
The Dog System sheet is up and running. I just checked it this evening. I have a link if anyone needs it.............

before anyone asks....: http://roarinsonoran.hypermart.net/cgi-bin...ms/dogsystem.pl

Can't wait for the season to start :blackdot:
Is it working properly (i.e. during the day)?? I know it's spring training so it might be different, but I didn't follow it last year so I my memory is foggy on how it works. :wall:

Hey Prop - Nice opening...... but there is a typo in the Thread title.....
Yeah, should read "*** Official Baseball Wagering Thread ***", just to piss off SLBD. :D
The Dog System sheet is up and running. I just checked it this evening. I have a link if anyone needs it.............

before anyone asks....: http://roarinsonoran.hypermart.net/cgi-bin...ms/dogsystem.pl

Can't wait for the season to start :shrug:
Is it working properly (i.e. during the day)?? I know it's spring training so it might be different, but I didn't follow it last year so I my memory is foggy on how it works. :lol:
Done (although I like SLBD and hope he dont take no offense)

Any sites where I can wager and not have to be 21 (i'm 20 till sept)...pinnacle was the one I used before :thumbup:

After 2-0 NBA yesterday and 2-0 in NCAA hoops I am feeling good

Boston +100 with DiceK on the hill - when else are you going to see this number? Never

Just a unit for monday afternoon entertainment.

GLTA

um - this went well until Craig ####ing Hansen took the hill :shrug: :lmao:

Repeat to self " I will not bet on preseason baseball".............

at least until the next great investment opportunity comes knocking.

For the winter is past, The rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; The time of the song of the birds has come, And the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.
I'll try Bodog. I still have money left over from football and college hoops.

Reprinted from the old thread. Just 3 home games to start then a long road trip.

Last call for Coors Field:

Los Angeles Dodgers/Colorado Rockies 28-September-2006 12:05 PM PST Total Points OVER 10.5 for Game -100
I'm going to miss Coors Field. :bye:
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: Goodbye till' April Coors - I will miss you :cry:
Here is their home schedule for April, I will again play the overs until either the lines catch up or the Rockies start putting their balls back in a humidor. We made a lot of money doing this last year (10-2-1 starting on 9-18), look back in this thread for more info.Date Opponent Time Broadcast

Mon, 4/2 Diamondbacks 2:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Tue, 4/3 Diamondbacks 6:35p FSN, MLB.TV

Wed, 4/4 Diamondbacks 1:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Mon, 4/16 Giants 6:35p FSN, MLB.TV

Tue, 4/17 Giants 6:35p FSN, MLB.TV

Wed, 4/18 Dodgers 6:35p FSN, MLB.TV

Thu, 4/19 Dodgers 1:05p MLB.TV

Fri, 4/20 Padres 7:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Sat, 4/21 Padres 6:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Sun, 4/22 Padres 1:05p my20, MLB.TV

Fri, 4/27 Braves 7:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Sat, 4/28 Braves 6:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Sun, 4/29 Braves 1:05p my20, MLB.TV

Also, who should I draft tonight, I have the 2nd pick. H2H standard scoring...10 teams.TIA :confused:
I have the 3rd pick in my league, looks like the same type league...I'm assuming Pujols is going first, and somebody is going to take Santana in the first 3 or 4 picks as well. Reyes would be my pick at #2, but it's really hard to go wrong with Soriano or Howard as well.

Also, who should I draft tonight, I have the 2nd pick. H2H standard scoring...10 teams.TIA :confused:
I have the 3rd pick in my league, looks like the same type league...I'm assuming Pujols is going first, and somebody is going to take Santana in the first 3 or 4 picks as well. Reyes would be my pick at #2, but it's really hard to go wrong with Soriano or Howard as well.
Yep, I'm leaning Soriano. I'm not sold on taking Johan 2nd. 2pts for SB's too.

Also, who should I draft tonight, I have the 2nd pick. H2H standard scoring...10 teams.TIA :thumbup:
Yep, I'm leaning Soriano. I'm not sold on taking Johan 2nd. 2pts for SB's too.
My lineup needs to have C/1B/2B/SS/3B/OF/OF/OF/Utility, and then 7 pitchers...My strategy is this - I'm taking hitters, and closers until I have at least 4 closers, and a full lineup.I'm leaving starting pitchers alone - if they don't pitch 2x in one week, I don't want them. Yes, there are always exceptions like Santana who people will use in a H2H no matter what, but it's been my strategy to pick up starting pitchers who will have 2 starts in a week (3 of them) to go with 4 closers, and what should be a dominant lineup.

Spidey - I have the exact same set up. Not a bad strategy you have there.
It works pretty well. My regular lineup is going to score a lot of points weekly, and, if I pick the right closers, who hopefully can average 2 saves a week, it works well. Of my seven pitchers, you're not going to get good performances out of all of them. I may have a closer whose teams goes into a dumper for a week, and he has no saves, or a crappy starter gets rocked 2x in one week, but over the course of the last 2 seasons, I had the highest scoring team in my league.I'm thinking for tomorrow's draft that Reyes is my guy (as of right now), and I'll follow that up with another hitter in Round 2. A closer in Round 3 is a good possibilty, and after my first 8 picks, I want 3 closers on my team, and that should ensure I get some high level ones, as I don't they start going until around Round 3.

Maybe a better question would be......what do you look for when better early season games (first few days to one week of the season)?

Is it any more obvious that I don't bet alot of baseball and I'm going to Vegas tomorrow?

Usually when I go it's mid-season and you have lots of different stats/trends to look at, and you have mismatch pitching/team matchups, etc.

Maybe a better question would be......what do you look for when better early season games (first few days to one week of the season)? Is it any more obvious that I don't bet alot of baseball and I'm going to Vegas tomorrow?Usually when I go it's mid-season and you have lots of different stats/trends to look at, and you have mismatch pitching/team matchups, etc.
I would avoid the high priced faves and probably play overs than unders as batters are ahead of pitchers this time of the year.

Reprinted from the old thread. Just 3 home games to start then a long road trip.

Last call for Coors Field:

Los Angeles Dodgers/Colorado Rockies 28-September-2006 12:05 PM PST Total Points OVER 10.5 for Game -100
I'm going to miss Coors Field. :wub:
:banned: :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned: Goodbye till' April Coors - I will miss you :cry:
Here is their home schedule for April, I will again play the overs until either the lines catch up or the Rockies start putting their balls back in a humidor. We made a lot of money doing this last year (10-2-1 starting on 9-18), look back in this thread for more info.Date Opponent Time Broadcast

Mon, 4/2 Diamondbacks 2:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Tue, 4/3 Diamondbacks 6:35p FSN, MLB.TV

Wed, 4/4 Diamondbacks 1:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Mon, 4/16 Giants 6:35p FSN, MLB.TV

Tue, 4/17 Giants 6:35p FSN, MLB.TV

Wed, 4/18 Dodgers 6:35p FSN, MLB.TV

Thu, 4/19 Dodgers 1:05p MLB.TV

Fri, 4/20 Padres 7:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Sat, 4/21 Padres 6:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Sun, 4/22 Padres 1:05p my20, MLB.TV

Fri, 4/27 Braves 7:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Sat, 4/28 Braves 6:05p FSN, MLB.TV

Sun, 4/29 Braves 1:05p my20, MLB.TV
:X

Any lines for opening day?
NYM Glavine 7.5-115STL Carpenter -142ATL Smoltz 9u-120PHI Myers -113FLA Willis -128WAS Patterson 8o-115LAD Lowe 8o-115MIL Sheets -112CUB Zambrano -115CIN Harang 8.5ARI Webb -119COL Cook 9.5PIT Duke 7.5HOU Oswalt -205TAM Kazmir 10u-120NYY Pavano -170TOR Halladay -110DET Bonderman 8u-115CLE Sabathia 9.5u-120CWS Contreras -122BOS Schilling -170KAN Meche 9.5OAK Haren 8.5SEA Hernandez -108BAL Bedard 7.5u-125MIN Santana -215TEX Millwood 8.5o-115LAA Lackey -140

Monday I like the Dodgers-Brewers OVER 8 -115. Sheets isn't going to go that many innings and the Brewers are a good hitting team that can get to Lowe.

Also like Cleveland(sabathia) as a dog +115 to the Chisox.

Kazmir at +155 is tempting but I know the Yankees are going to bat the ball around in this game especially once they get into the Tampa bullpen. Over might be a decent play as well.

Tonight, I have a slight lean to the OVER as i don't think neither the Cards or Mets bullpens are without questions. OVER 8 could very well happen but Im not sure I want to pull the trigger on this.

Tonight I have NYM/Stl O8 -115

Tomm:

AZ -116 (I bet on Dbacks first game every year :lmao: )

AZ/Col O9.5 -105

Cleve +109 (Wish I had the +115 JTC got above)

I cant wait for the season to get rolling here. I am very excited. :confused: :lmao:

I have a very small play on tonight's o7.5 (-135), due solely to the weak bullpen's. This game has a 4-2 final written all over it, except for the fact that it's the first game of the season, and I'd be shocked if Carpenter throws over 95-100 pitches. The Mets bullpen is shaky too, with Sanchez out for awhile, and Wagner was not exactly dominant last year. Hopefully we get a few runs late to push this one over.

g'luck

Users who are viewing this thread