Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Homer J Simpson

How long should I cook a 2.5 pound meat loaf?

24 posts in this topic

I'm going out early tomorrow and won't be cooking, so I need to use this ground beef today.

I have no idea how long this should cook..li'l help?

14 hours at 475

14 hours at 475

:rolleyes:

So.... What did you add to the meat?

Stick the thermometer into the center, cook until center is 145-155, 162 if you're paranoid about ground beef.

Best feature I ever saw on a stove is on the Bosch we have (others probably have this too) - plug the probe in to the oven, insert it into the thickest portion of the food, set the "done" temp, and let the oven do the work for you - turns off automatically when the temp is reached. Love that.

Eggs, bread crumbs, Lipton onion soup mix, spices.

Stick the thermometer into the center, cook until center is 145-155, 162 if you're paranoid about ground beef.Best feature I ever saw on a stove is on the Bosch we have (others probably have this too) - plug the probe in to the oven, insert it into the thickest portion of the food, set the "done" temp, and let the oven do the work for you - turns off automatically when the temp is reached. Love that.

I don't have a meat thermometer. I should invest in one considering I call my mom every time I have to cook anything significant.

That was just because I am curious. :D Now, Are you using a loaf pan? Your cook time is 50 minutes to an hour. Depending on what kind of pan. Look on the back of the onion soup mix box... I am guessing it tells you.

Use a blowtorch. 5mins tops. :D

Fire dept. on speed dial?

That was just because I am curious. :hot:

Now, Are you using a loaf pan? Your cook time is 50 minutes to an hour. Depending on what kind of pan.

Look on the back of the onion soup mix box... I am guessing it tells you.

Good call, baby!

It says 1 hour for a 2 lb loaf, so I'll give it an extra 15 minutes or so.

That was just because I am curious. :banned:

Now, Are you using a loaf pan? Your cook time is 50 minutes to an hour. Depending on what kind of pan.

Good call, baby!

Right now brush some BBQ sauce on top for the last 10 minutes or so. Gives it a nice crust.

That was just because I am curious. :banned: Now, Are you using a loaf pan? Your cook time is 50 minutes to an hour. Depending on what kind of pan. Look on the back of the onion soup mix box... I am guessing it tells you.
Stop coddling him or he'll pull this shet on us all the time. Homer, we're not your mother!

That was just because I am curious. :bag: Now, Are you using a loaf pan? Your cook time is 50 minutes to an hour. Depending on what kind of pan. Look on the back of the onion soup mix box... I am guessing it tells you.
Stop coddling him or he'll pull this shet on us all the time. Homer, we're not your mother!
:banned:

Homer>if you feel like making this better

Get a couple onions. Carmelize the crap out of them until they're almost liquid. Put 'em in the meatloaf with a cup or so of buttermilk.

Get a GD meat thermometer while you're at the store. It has a little thing on there that says "beef" "chicken" and so forth so you don't even have to know anything. Take it out when the little thingy gets to "beef"

I've cooked more meatloafs (loaves?) than some of you have had hot meals and never used a meat thermometer. When it looks done take it out...cut into the middle. If it's not done put it in for another 5 minutes. It's not beef freaking Wellington.

:yawn::loco:

Update?

Delicious...I'll be enjoying cold meatloaf sammiches for several days. :unsure:;)

That was just because I am curious. ;)

Good call, baby!

Right now brush some BBQ sauce on top for the last 10 minutes or so. Gives it a nice crust.
I top it with A-1 at this point...:unsure:

That was just because I am curious. :D Now, Are you using a loaf pan? Your cook time is 50 minutes to an hour. Depending on what kind of pan. Look on the back of the onion soup mix box... I am guessing it tells you.
;)
:unsure:

Update?

Delicious...I'll be enjoying cold meatloaf sammiches for several days. :unsure:;)
How long did you cook it?
Mind your own business!

Stick the thermometer into the center, cook until center is 145-155, 162 if you're paranoid about ground beef.Best feature I ever saw on a stove is on the Bosch we have (others probably have this too) - plug the probe in to the oven, insert it into the thickest portion of the food, set the "done" temp, and let the oven do the work for you - turns off automatically when the temp is reached. Love that.

:) Thi is really the only way to go