Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Raider Nation

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread

Ten years ago was the air date of the last episode. It was interesting to go back to the beginning of the thread and read the posts in real time. 

At this point, the only posts I don't read through are theories about the last episode. It has become the most tedious thing about the show.

I hope RN checks in and we can continue discussing our admiration for Vito's grace and nimbleness as he climbed back into the car after shooting Jackie Jr. 

• Like 1

That was a smooth hit. The only thing worse was having ancient, sickly Bacala Sr. try to whack Mustang Sally.

• Like 1

Adriana: "A long time ago I had a medical procedure.  My Uterus was pierced."

Christopher: "Both of 'em?"

• Like 1

"They broke my ####### chair."

"Oh, Sunday, dinner at Tony and Carmela's and you're going, I don't care if your mother's dying."

45 minutes ago, Steed said:

Gonna be fun watching an uncle joon and Tony’s dad run rackets

I’d watch a series on this - star his dad, give it a couple of seasons, show the dynamic between kid tony and his mom and how his dad brought the family up. 

Edited by bigmarc27
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Capella said:

Sounds great but how is this not a series?

maybe chase figures it'll be more $ to 2 hours of movie than 20 hours of series.

-QG

21 minutes ago, LoadLetterPaper said:

Put me in the "this should be a series" crowd.

I will not watch this as a movie  Too short

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre

• Like 1

1 minute 21 seconds into the pilot episode. Pretty good but not great so far

2 hours ago, sports_fan said:

You are in for a treat. Wish I could be starting it again for the first time.

2 hours ago, sports_fan said:

The actor who plays Tony's nephew look just like the kid who played Spider in Goodfellas.

18 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

The actor who plays Tony's nephew look just like the kid who played Spider in Goodfellas.

What a coincidence!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

33 minutes ago, jdoggydogg said:

What a coincidence!

I thought you said "I'm alright, Spider".

:lol: 

Counter Boy: You ############! You shot my foot!

Christopher Moltisanti: [walking out] It happens.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sports_fan said:

well, to be fair, it really didn't pick up steam 'til the 1 minute 34 second mark of the pilot ... patience, grasshopper 

5 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

His book looks interesting  http://www.akashicbooks.com/catalog/the-perfume-burned-his-eyes/

Matthew is a sixteen-year-old living in Jackson Heights, Queens, in 1976. After he loses his two most important male role models, his father and grandfather, his mother uses her inheritance to uproot Matthew and herself to a posh apartment building in Manhattan. Although only three miles away from his boyhood home, “the city” is a completely new and strange world to Matthew.

Matthew soon befriends (and becomes a factotum of sorts to) Lou Reed, who lives with his transgender girlfriend Rachel in the same building. The artistic-shamanic rocker eventually becomes an unorthodox father figure to Matthew, who finds himself head over heels for the mysterious Veronica, a wise-beyond-her-years girl he meets at his new school.

Written from the point of view of Matthew at age eighteen, two years after the story begins, the novel concludes with an epilogue in the year 2013, three days after Lou Reed’s death, with Matthew in his fifties.

• Like 1

Just be forewarned that even though Tony may act like a tough guy, he never had the makings of a varsity athlete. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Just be forewarned that even though Tony may act like a tough guy, he never had the makings of a varsity athlete. 

He's a hot house flower, that one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jdoggydogg said:

He's a hot house flower, that one.

I could watch that scene over and over.  Tony's rage was in prime form. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 4:22 PM, sports_fan said:

27 minutes 2 seconds into episode 10. This is really good

"I loved him like a brother in law"

As much as I hated his character, did Phil ever have some great zingers.

• Like 1

Hey! Chairboy of the board, read your ####in’ cards 

:lmao: 

Edited by Epic Problem

Funny, it's been on HBO a lot and I basically managed to watch most of the last two seasons (I think) including the final episode last night.

I still am not sure how I feel about it.  I go back and forth.

2 hours ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Funny, it's been on HBO a lot and I basically managed to watch most of the last two seasons (I think) including the final episode last night.

Obsessively watched this all week and am now re-watching ones I missed on Prime 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yankee23Fan said:

It doesnt hold up as good as I remember.  Some horrible storylines late in the series. 

2 hours ago, pantherclub said:

It doesnt hold up as good as I remember.  Some horrible storylines late in the series. 

I have yet to figure if the existence of Kevin Finnerty was part of a deep plotline that I did not understand or was he just an excuse for Gandolfini to show off his acting chops. 

3 hours ago, pantherclub said:

Like most successful HBO shows, it was 2-3 seasons too long. 

This doesn't reflect well on me but when Paulie kills that #### friend of his mom's ...I was happy and wanted him to off the other one as well.  :shrug:

My grandmother said the worst people on earth are the ones on Sunday judging everyone else.  

The many Saints of Newark

It's been 20 years since The Sopranos first introduced the world to Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini) and the various characters of his New Jersey crime syndicate, but the show's popularity hasn't wavered a bit since that divisive fade-to-black ending that may or may not have signaled the mafioso's demise.

While fans will have to continue relying on frame-by-frame breakdowns of the final scene and slips of the tongue by creator David Chase to know what really happened to our duck-loving mob boss, Chase will soon take fans back in time to showcase some of the moments we didn't get to see from the Family's history by way of a prequel film titled The Many Saints of Newark.

Here's a rundown of everything we know about this bonus story from the world of The Sopranos so far.

It'll involve a character you know. Sort of. The Many Saints of Newark will journey back to the 1960s, at a time when racial tensions were high in New Jersey, especially between Italian-Americans and African-Americans. Alessandro Nivola will star as Dickie Moltisanti, the man who mentored Tony Soprano and was also Christopher's (Michael Imperioli) father. Fans will recall that in The Sopranos, Tony and Chrissy acted on a vendetta against Moltisanti's supposed killer: a detective who had since retired. Moltisanti was the cousin of Carmela Soprano (Edie Falco), which is why Tony often referred to Chrissy as his nephew.

The rest of the cast is stacked. Details about the additional characters in The Many Saints of Newark are still slim, but fans can expect to see some familiar faces, including Jon Bernthal, Vera Farmiga, Corey Stoll and Billy Magnussen.

Chase co-wrote the script. Although this era of reboots and revivals and recycling projects galore often means taking properties out of the hands of their creators, this film won't make that mistake. David Chase himself has co-written the script for The Many Saints of Newark with Lawrence Konner, who previously wrote three episodes of the original series. Meanwhile, the film will be directed by Alan Taylor, who helmed several episodes of the show and even won an Emmy for his work behind the lens of Season 6's "Kennedy And Heidi," which, perhaps not coincidentally, was a pivotal piece of Christopher's story.

The film will hit theaters. Fans can still stream all six seasons of The Sopranos on HBO, but they'll have to buy a ticket to check out The Many Saints of Newark, as the project is being developed by New Line Cinema for a theatrical debut. No word yet on when the movie will make its box office debut.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Penguin said:

Meanwhile, the film will be directed by Alan Taylor, who helmed several episodes of the show and even won an Emmy for his work behind the lens of Season 6's "Kennedy And Heidi," which, perhaps not coincidentally, was a pivotal piece of Christopher's story.

I wonder why Salami didn't get the call. He is the guy I think of first when it comes to directed episodes. Gandolfini liked him because he paced the filming more like a movie director than a television director. TV directors are used to operating on serious time constraints, so they just crank the scene out and move onto the next one. Van Patten had a more of go with the flow type of style, which Gandolfini connected to.  

On 1/11/2019 at 4:51 PM, pantherclub said:

I rewatched most of it last year.  The first three seasons are still outstanding and could go back on the air today.  There is a big, noticeable drop-off in quality after that.  (In fairness, I didn't finish rewatching the whole series -- I petered out a little after S4).