What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (2 Viewers)

Rewatching now. The end of season 2 showing tony’s family celebrating and being happy interspersed with all the damage his crew did throughout the season was so perfect. 
Gun to my head, I would say Season 2 was the best.  I love the charm of Season 1 as we get to know all of the characters and Livia at her best, and 5 is nearly as good as both as well, but 2 is just impossible to beat. 

Gun to my head, I would say Season 2 was the best.  I love the charm of Season 1 as we get to know all of the characters and Livia at her best, and 5 is nearly as good as both as well, but 2 is just impossible to beat. 
I agree. I would rank them. 

6-2

6-1

other than the first half of season 6 it’s all awesome. 

I agree. I would rank them. 

6-2

6-1

other than the first half of season 6 it’s all awesome. 
I think I agree with that exact ranking! 

4 is odd in that it has some amazing episodes (Whitecaps, Whoever Did This, The Weight) and then some very weak ones (Calling All Cars, Christopher, 

paulie- Amazing thing about snakes is that they reproduce spontaneously.
tony soprano- What do you mean?

paulie- They have both male and female sex organs. That’s why somebody you don’t trust you call a snake. How can you trust a guy who can literally go #### themselves?

tony soprano- Don’t you think that expression would’ve come from the Adam and Eve story? When the snake tempted Eve to bite the apple?
pauli- Hey, snakes were ####### themselves long before Adam and Eve showed up, T.

Last edited by a moderator:

paulie- They have both male and female sex organs. That’s why somebody you don’t trust you call a snake. How can you trust a guy who can literally go #### themselves?

tony soprano- Don’t you think that expression would’ve come from the Adam and Eve story? When the snake tempted Eve to bite the apple?
pauli- Hey, snakes were ####### themselves long before Adam and Eve showed up, T.
:thumbup:

Tony: I'm not going to be like Mickey Mazucco. That poor ##### only had five minutes to run. He ended up in some rat infested motel down in Elvis country.

Furio: What is that?

Paulie: Anywhere there are no Jews or Italians. 

Legitimate point 

Man I forgot how great this show is. Over the years I’ve casually said how breaking bad or mad men was as good or better but nah. This show other than a few missteps was perfection. The music to close each episode is always just spot on. 

Capella said:
Man I forgot how great this show is. Over the years I’ve casually said how breaking bad or mad men was as good or better but nah. This show other than a few missteps was perfection. The music to close each episode is always just spot on. 
The added comedic element enables multiple viewings IMO.  Almost like watching Seinfeld at times.  I can't see myself watching Mad Men again even though its in my Top 10. 

Capella said:
I love Mad Men. Sopranos still better. 

I love Mad Men too, a large part of my job revolves around Madison Avenue ad agencies, but I still give the nod to Sopranos. 

I'm with @Penguin, rewatching for the first time in prob 7-8 years and just finished season 1. I believe season 2 is all about ##### and being an informant IIRC, which was excellent watching - I'm looking forward to that. 

Off the top of my head, I wasn't a huge fan of the Vito gay stuff and Furio/Carmella stuff. Outside of that, I also found the Adrianna as an informant the most ridiculous of all things - what did they threaten to charge her with, jaywalking? She turns on everyone for what reason again? 

For 70 hours of excellent viewing, those hiccups are minimal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Outside of that, I also found the Adrianna as an informant the most ridiculous of all things - what did they threaten to charge her with, jaywalking? She turns on everyone for what reason again? 
the arrest threat was based on her cocaine possession and intent to distribute, of which the FBI agent said she had her on tape, and would get her 25 years. 

They also threatened her that once Tony found out she brought an undercover FBI agent into his house, that she would be killed (which actually was not a threat in the end).

I'm re-watching from the beginning this month for, what, the 10th time?
I've probably watched the bulk of it that many times. Yikes. :lol:  

the arrest threat was based on her cocaine possession and intent to distribute, of which the FBI agent said she had her on tape, and would get her 25 years. 

They also threatened her that once Tony found out she brought an undercover FBI agent into his house, that she would be killed (which actually was not a threat in the end).
Yep. Not sure how anyone who watched the show could have missed all of that. :confused:  

I'm sure I'm not the only one who does similar,  but on the last rewatch I immediately FF when certain characters/story lines came up.  Sure I'm not getting "the director's vision" but I have to sat I enjoyed it more vs slugging through parts I always find dull.

Really if its not about Tony or full on mob stuff I skip it over, enjoyed this method a lot for a review.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who does similar,  but on the last rewatch I immediately FF when certain characters/story lines came up.  Sure I'm not getting "the director's vision" but I have to sat I enjoyed it more vs slugging through parts I always find dull.

Really if its not about Tony or full on mob stuff I skip it over, enjoyed this method a lot for a review.
After season 2 anytime a scene came on set in Melfi’s office I skipped.

As someone who grew up in NJ, I'll say that the intro to this show is the most authentic (especially for the era) intro to any show possible. 

From exiting the Lincoln Tunnel, to wrapping around when you exit, grabbing your ticket when you get on the NJ Turnpike (pre EZ Pass days), the "Drive Safely" thing on the refinery by Exit 13... It's just amazing how excellent they captured the reality/authenticity - if you're not from around here, it would be hard to understand, but I can assure you, they nailed it. 

Prob go on a Sopranos bender every 5-7 years - top 3 show of all-time, IMO.

When I was younger, I thought the ending was stupid, but as I've gotten older, I've realized it's ####### brilliant. 

That is kind of missing the point of the show, then. I know some just wanted the mob stuff all the time, but the balance they struck was perfect. 
It WAS the point of the show then it just became a drag.

Not to mention that at the end of the show it was all tossed out the window when Melfi realized that Tony was a sociopath and their talks weren't really therapeutic.  

Season 5, after AJ spends the night in a hotel in the city, this scene might be one of the funniest in the show. 

Tony enters the house, AJ walking down the stairs:

AJ: Oh, hey dad, I was just taking out the trash, it's garbage day tomorrow. 

Tony (looking weirdly at AJ): What's different about you? 

Carmella (making an angry face and raising her voice): He has no eyebrows, Tony!

If you have some sort of sexual proclivity with that teacher, now is the time to tell us! What went on over there, poppers and weird sex!!

https://youtu.be/XS7mjqqhrBQ?t=116

:lmao:

Season 5, after AJ spends the night in a hotel in the city, this scene might be one of the funniest in the show. 

Carmella (making an angry face and raising her voice): He has no eyebrows, Tony!

If you have some sort of sexual proclivity with that teacher, now is the time to tell us! What went on over there, poppers and weird sex!!

Incredible scene.  I love when Tony gets all "don't get dramatic" with mopey body language when Carmela says that AJ can go live with him, and as soon as AJ goes, "great, good," Tony in the blink of an eye turns back into stern dad and yells, "shut up," with a finger point. :lol:  

So this has been bothering me since I saw it a few weeks ago — season 4, Paulie and Chris shoot a waiter at the seafood place in AC. Now I get that Paulie said nobody knows us down there, but COME ON. A table full of notorious gangsters and then a dead waiter who ran their table and nobody puts it together? 

Thought it was one of the more unrealistic scenes on the show. 

I was just talking to a friend about that scene last night :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread