What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (7 Viewers)

WTF is a "Lincoln log" it looked like a hot dog sliced down the middle with butter in it. Tony's face lit up when he saw that plate sitting there all for him. And it took him a while to drop it even when he saw AJ drowning.
I couldn't stop :banned: when T was stuffing his face.I thought it was cream cheese.

What a pathetic final season to a great show.

(not necessarily in order:)

Episode A - Tony wallows in self pity

Episode B - A.J. wallows in self pity

Episode C - Christopher wallows in self pity

Episode D - Paulie wallows in self pity

Episode E - somebody else wallows in self pity

It's turned into a soap opera with a weekly token violent act added.

And finally, where's the humor that made it great?
:banned: I knew somebody had to dislike it.

(not necessarily in order:)

Episode D - Paulie wallows in self pity

Episode E - somebody else wallows in self pity

It's turned into a soap opera with a weekly token violent act added.

:banned:

Episode D - somebody else wallows in self pity

It's turned into a soap opera with a token violent act added.

Enjoy the season finale of Hero's, because that sounds like it's more of your type of show. Personally, I feel this has been the best season in a long time. The humor is there, it's just going over your head.

Enjoy the season finale of Hero's, because that sounds like it's more of your type of show. Personally, I feel this has been the best season in a long time. The humor is there, it's just going over your head.
I laughed at that gay water bottle Melfi's shrink had.

God it is so annoying to read this thread. I love the actual discussion going on about the show, but every other post is someone 1. bashing the show or 2. bashing the guy that bashed the show.

That being said, last night was so good, but I really wanted Tony to kill that guy with the curbing and I really wanted AJ to die, even though I still think he will either kill his new little gang members or kill Tony & himself to end the show.

God it is so annoying to read this thread. I love the actual discussion going on about the show, but every other post is someone 1. bashing the show or 2. bashing the guy that bashed the show.
:goodposting: uh...last 3 pages have pretty much been discussion of the show, save the last few posts.

Did I miss something? Dominic Chianese's name was in the credits but he wasn't in the episode at all was he? I thought they usually only put the names of people who are in the specific episodes.

Also, who is the guy who mentioned a couple times about Carlo coming to Tony's bedside after he was recovering? Dominic?

I laughed at that gay water bottle Melfi's shrink had.
That was funny

Did I miss something? Dominic Chianese's name was in the credits but he wasn't in the episode at all was he? I thought they usually only put the names of people who are in the specific episodes.Also, who is the guy who mentioned a couple times about Carlo coming to Tony's bedside after he was recovering? Dominic?
Is 'Dominic' Dominic Chianese's son?

Did I miss something? Dominic Chianese's name was in the credits but he wasn't in the episode at all was he? I thought they usually only put the names of people who are in the specific episodes.Also, who is the guy who mentioned a couple times about Carlo coming to Tony's bedside after he was recovering? Dominic?
Is 'Dominic' Dominic Chianese's son?
The credits list Dominic Chianese, Jr. as "Dominic."

I laughed a few times."You dont got an envelope?"

"Bobby did mushrooms once. Stuffed mushrooms. A whole f'n platter."

"I got dosed with acid once. Back in '68. I was with your dad and them at the Copa. F'n BOAC stewardess put it in my drink. Jerry Vale started singing and I look over, your uncle Jun's got lazer beams shootin out his eyes!"

:wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
I still want to know what the storyline is with the terrorists and the feds and how that will involve Tony. Any thoughts?
Me, too. The only thing I keep coming up with is that the Feds are Tony's ticket out of the mob and to protect his family.After hearing Tony say a couple of times (in episode 80, Remember When) that Paulie talks too much, and in a moment of weakness, anyone could seek the feds. I started to think tony was going to go into huge gambling debt and use the Feds/Terrorism to get out.Why the heck do Agents Harris and Goddard keep showing up?

I still want to know what the storyline is with the terrorists and the feds and how that will involve Tony. Any thoughts?
Me, too. The only thing I keep coming up with is that the Feds are Tony's ticket out of the mob and to protect his family.After hearing Tony say a couple of times (in episode 80, Remember When) that Paulie talks too much, and in a moment of weakness, anyone could seek the feds. I started to think tony was going to go into huge gambling debt and use the Feds/Terrorism to get out.Why the heck do Agents Harris and Goddard keep showing up?
I can't shake the idea that the whole terrorism angle is just the latest ploy by the feds to get to Tony. I could be wrong, but I don't think they've been able to replace Adrianna as their "inside man" to Tony's crew. They approach Tony, appeal to his sense of patriotism, and open a dialogue with him in hopes that it somehow leads to something that they can use to bring him down. The Arab guys could even be FBI agents planted to get Tony talking to Harris and Goddard. Just a thought...

I can't shake the idea that the whole terrorism angle is just the latest ploy by the feds to get to Tony. I could be wrong, but I don't think they've been able to replace Adrianna as their "inside man" to Tony's crew. They approach Tony, appeal to his sense of patriotism, and open a dialogue with him in hopes that it somehow leads to something that they can use to bring him down. The Arab guys could even be FBI agents planted to get Tony talking to Harris and Goddard. Just a thought...
:thumbup: Never thought of it that way.

If you looked ahead at the title for the series finale, I would say they play a major role. I won't post it because some people dont like seeing what lies ahead, but I would say the title of that last episode is indicative of their involvement.

:unsure: Never thought of it that way.
what do the feds have on tony since the arabs showed up? Nothing. They really just talked to chris. What could they possibly tell Harris and Goddard? That tony likes boobs in his face?

I don't see this at all. Given how long Tony has evaded the feds, they can't be stupid enough to waste time hoping that somehow Tony just "slips" while talking to them about terrorism.

maybe the terrorist line will fall back onto thePatriot Act..

And they start getting Tony on NOT turning in the Arabs

I don't see this at all. Given how long Tony has evaded the feds, they can't be stupid enough to waste time hoping that somehow Tony just "slips" while talking to them about terrorism.
I'm not married to the idea, but it's just one possibility. I guess I would answer your post by saying that the feds, having lost their main insight into Tony's operation (Adrianna), may have come to the point where they'll try anything. So far they've used informants, bugs, and whatever else and it hasn't worked. If Im an FBI agent chasing a mob boss I don't dismiss any idea as a waste of time. Any little thing could be the spark that helps me bring him down. I don't think he'll just "slip" but any time he opens his mouth to the feds he's taking a risk. And from their perspective, having him talking to them about anything is better than not having any contact with him at all. Also, it seems like through the whole series he and Agent Harris have had sort of a "I-hate-you-but-mutually-respect-you" kind of thing going on. Not quite to the extent of DeNiro and Pacino in "Heat", but along those same lines. Again, I don't necessarily think this whole angle is going anywhere, but it's one possibility. It's going to be a great final couple of episodes to a great show, that much is sure.

maybe the terrorist line will fall back onto thePatriot Act.. And they start getting Tony on NOT turning in the Arabs
I think that the Arab guys were big shots but the Feds didn't want to give Tony the paper thing that helps him in his file. :thumbdown:

I laughed a few times."You dont got an envelope?"

"Bobby did mushrooms once. Stuffed mushrooms. A whole f'n platter."

"I got dosed with acid once. Back in '68. I was with your dad and them at the Copa. F'n BOAC stewardess put it in my drink. Jerry Vale started singing and I look over, your uncle Jun's got lazer beams shootin out his eyes!"

:thumbup:
"Your son tried to kill himself?""No, he gets the blues."

:pickle:

There's humor everywhere on this show folks. ;)

If you looked ahead at the title for the series finale, I would say they play a major role. I won't post it because some people dont like seeing what lies ahead, but I would say the title of that last episode is indicative of their involvement.
Just looked ahead, and I see what you mean.

Random thoughts:

Brilliant acting job by Gandolfini in the attempted suicide scene.

Very interesting spot with therapist Bogdanovich talking about sociopaths and therapy. The water bottle drove me crazy though.

The scene with Meadow and Coco was classic.

Interesting episode "recap" provided by TV Guide here.

Obviously prepping up for a full scale war. Not sure how it pans out, but obviously this will not end with Tony and Carmella living happily ever after.

I doubt Phil and Tony both survive the finale. And one or more of Sil, Paulie and Bobby end up dead too IMO.

I don't know if it has already been posited, but I wonder if the asbestos dumping is what is going to get Tony. It would be interesting to have him brought down like so many other mobsters - some secondary charge. It may not be tax evasion, but it could be what they make stick.

I'm not surprised that Phil is pushing to wage war against Tony but one of his crew makes sexually laden comments to another boss' daughter and he doesn't expect consequences to come from that? You'd have to be pretty ignorant to not expect Tony to react strongly to that.

Or you simply are looking for a fight and you're pushing Tony's buttons more and more until a fight becomes inevitable.

I'm not surprised that Phil is pushing to wage war against Tony but one of his crew makes sexually laden comments to another boss' daughter and he doesn't expect consequences to come from that? You'd have to be pretty ignorant to not expect Tony to react strongly to that. Or you simply are looking for a fight and you're pushing Tony's buttons more and more until a fight becomes inevitable.
Phil is reckless and emotional. He always has been.Still - Tony overstepped. He himself admitted that he lost control. It is true, however, that what Tony did to Coco is no different than what Phil did to Vito. Except that Coco survived and Vito did not.

I don't know if it has already been posited, but I wonder if the asbestos dumping is what is going to get Tony. It would be interesting to have him brought down like so many other mobsters - some secondary charge. It may not be tax evasion, but it could be what they make stick.
could be, you remember the steaming pile of trash just on some corner in NJ? I wonder if they could even tie tony to the dumping company?

could be, you remember the steaming pile of trash just on some corner in NJ? I wonder if they could even tie tony to the dumping company?
I doubt that Tony would be as careless as to directly connect himself to the dumping after all these years of taking precautions bordering on paranoia.

He always says he is in waste removal. I don't remember if he has an actual company, however, so maybe he just contracts with them. It would be a nice way to mirror real life though by bringing him up on a charge like this.

I doubt that Tony would be as careless as to directly connect himself to the dumping after all these years of taking precautions bordering on paranoia.
That payment without the envelope would make a nice picture for the feds to link it to Tony's crew and thereby Tony. If he doesn't have a stake in the company outright that is and they can link the dumped asbestos to him.

He always says he is in waste removal. I don't remember if he has an actual company, however, so maybe he just contracts with them. It would be a nice way to mirror real life though by bringing him up on a charge like this.
I believe he left his waste management job - I think when Phil or Jonny Sacks took over the company or something. Tony was given a severance package so that he could keep income on his 401k.

I believe he left his waste management job - I think when Phil or Jonny Sacks took over the company or something. Tony was given a severance package so that he could keep income on his 401k.
What was the payoff for specifically then? I do somewhat recall what you are saying though. Maybe this lands Phil back in jail then and ends a budding gang war.

I'm not surprised that Phil is pushing to wage war against Tony but one of his crew makes sexually laden comments to another boss' daughter and he doesn't expect consequences to come from that? You'd have to be pretty ignorant to not expect Tony to react strongly to that. Or you simply are looking for a fight and you're pushing Tony's buttons more and more until a fight becomes inevitable.
Phil is reckless and emotional. He always has been.Still - Tony overstepped. He himself admitted that he lost control. It is true, however, that what Tony did to Coco is no different than what Phil did to Vito. Except that Coco survived and Vito did not.
I think it's quite a bit different actually. With Vito, it was Phil's "ego" that was damaged. He didn't like having a homosexual connected to his family and wanted it dealt with. With Coco, that was a direct assault on Tony's family, a major form of disrespect. I mean, c'mon how stupid must Coco be to think he could make lude comments to a boss' daughter without there being some serious consequences? And Phil has to be aware of that and let it ride - unless he's aiming for a fight which I believe he is. I actually think Coco got off easy all things considered.

right -- he's no longer with the company, and he was just a "consultant" beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread