What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (6 Viewers)

It was green. A house.Solid opening episode.
solid :confused: 1 1/2 to 2 years since the last season and that was the best they could come up with :thumbdown: this show has gone down hill over the year
Compare to the shows from last season I was entertained.
Too slow for me, but I don't expect good shows anymore.
This is why I was entertained. My expectations have dropped so much I can't really get disappointed.After about 30mins I was getting pretty bored, the second half made up for it.

solid :confused: 1 1/2 to 2 years since the last season and that was the best they could come up with :thumbdown: this show has gone down hill over the year
I'm not sure what you expected. This isn't The Shield; they're not going to blow you away anymore.For me, based on what I expect from this show at this point, anytime Tony punches someone and/or someone gets shot, it was a "solid" show.But yeah, I enjoyed the opening episode. Rich development of the characters typical of an HBO show, and the plot was less :yawn: than most recent Soprano episodes.

I'm not sure what you expected. This isn't The Shield; they're not going to blow you away anymore.For me, based on what I expect from this show at this point, anytime Tony punches someone and/or someone gets shot, it was a "solid" show.But yeah, I enjoyed the opening episode. Rich development of the characters typical of an HBO show, and the plot was less :yawn: than most recent Soprano episodes.
i just get pissed :hot: ever year because the shop has so much potential

Not a bad episode, but not a particularly good one, either. Where was Paulie? Or Silvio? Or Christopher?

I am sure some will say that it is setting up the next few episodes, but is anyone else getting tired of buildups with unsatisfying payoffs?

Not a bad episode, but not a particularly good one, either. Where was Paulie? Or Silvio? Or Christopher? I am sure some will say that it is setting up the next few episodes, but is anyone else getting tired of buildups with unsatisfying payoffs?
Obviously, Christaphuh is on the outs with Tony. The call from Chris may have been the best part of the episode, IMO.

Not a bad episode, but not a particularly good one, either. Where was Paulie? Or Silvio? Or Christopher? I am sure some will say that it is setting up the next few episodes, but is anyone else getting tired of buildups with unsatisfying payoffs?
People have been saying that for the last 3 seasons. Its been set up and set up and set up and set up etc.... :yawn:

Slow and boring first 20 minutes, but the rest was really good I thought. Lot of tension between Tony and Bobby -- gotta admit I thought Bobby wasn't getting out of the episode alive.

Incredibly dumb for Tony to be OKing a hit just to save a few bucks after he just beat a (minor) rap and knows full well the feds are building a huge case against him. I mean, the money can't be that important.

I'm sure Tony did it to prove a point or to have Bobby "pop his cherry" but very dumb either way.

People have been saying that for the last 3 seasons. Its been set up and set up and set up and set up etc.... :yawn:
Look, you're not paying for the show, thus have no real insight to the season. You don't even know what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, you're not paying for the show, thus have no real insight to the season. You don't even know what's going on.
I have HBO free this weekend so I will see it in an hour and a half :P This is the first season I am not signing up for it. I have paid for all the other seasons so right now I know as much as you do about it. End of discussion.Dont make me go MOP on you ;)

It was green. A house.

Solid opening episode.
solid :confused: 1 1/2 to 2 years since the last season and that was the best they could come up with :thumbdown:

this show has gone down hill over the year
I remember this solely because of your username, but you've been saying the same exact thing on these boards since AT LEAST season 5. Why keep watching? You're clearly being entertained, nobody would watch over 20 hours of something they no longer like.

It was green. A house.

Solid opening episode.
solid :confused: 1 1/2 to 2 years since the last season and that was the best they could come up with :thumbdown:

this show has gone down hill over the year
I remember this solely because of your username, but you've been saying the same exact thing on these boards since AT LEAST season 5. Why keep watching? You're clearly being entertained, nobody would watch over 20 hours of something they no longer like.
I did with the promise that they were setting it up :wall:

Incredibly dumb for Tony to be OKing a hit just to save a few bucks after he just beat a (minor) rap and knows full well the feds are building a huge case against him. I mean, the money can't be that important.
I believe the whole point was to see if Bobby had the nads.He can sucker-punch with the best of them, but can he take a life?We now know the answer. Good to see Baccala as something other than a :meow: though.

It also puts Bobby in the situation of possibly ratting Tony out eventually, as I doubt he would want to go to jail with a new wife and three kids.

Considering the FBI seems to be getting closer and closer, you have to think that Tony either ends up in jail or flips. But again I ask, whom would rat out if he flipped? Phil and the rest of NY?

All I know is that when they brought him in for that gun charge he was in his bathrobe, but when he walked into jail he had a suit on.

Nice of the cops to take him shopping... :yes:

It also puts Bobby in the situation of possibly ratting Tony out eventually, as I doubt he would want to go to jail with a new wife and three kids.

Considering the FBI seems to be getting closer and closer, you have to think that Tony either ends up in jail or flips. But again I ask, whom would rat out if he flipped? Phil and the rest of NY?
Definitely my thought as well- especially considering the talk about DNA evidence. He leaves a shirt (with tissue traces I'm sure) and the gun- that was straight out of CSI what-not-to-do 101.It was a little boring, yeah- but had the sense of something always about to happen. Thought it was brilliantly written- the scenes with Tony and Bobby and Carmela and the sis, especially after the fight were incredible. Especially the scene with the two women at the lake, each one wondering and worrying whether Bobby was coming back alive but not saying it... brilliant.

It was a little boring, yeah- but had the sense of something always about to happen. Thought it was brilliantly written- the scenes with Tony and Bobby and Carmela and the sis, especially after the fight were incredible. Especially the scene with the two women at the lake, each one wondering and worrying whether Bobby was coming back alive but not saying it... brilliant.
Excellent point. That was great stuff.

All I know is that when they brought him in for that gun charge he was in his bathrobe, but when he walked into jail he had a suit on.Nice of the cops to take him shopping... :yes:
Remember Carm yelling at AJ for bringing dress pants that had tomato sauce stains on them.Bobby was definetly wearing gloves.
But this was as he was walking into jail. And wasn't that phone call after they showed him in jail?

Also, when Tony and Bobby were driving the day after the fight, Tony appeared to suddenly turn on to a dirt road, but the next time we saw them, they were sitting at that diner with those two guys. Makes you wonder if something happened there that we do not know about yet...

It was a little boring, yeah- but had the sense of something always about to happen. Thought it was brilliantly written- the scenes with Tony and Bobby and Carmela and the sis, especially after the fight were incredible. Especially the scene with the two women at the lake, each one wondering and worrying whether Bobby was coming back alive but not saying it... brilliant.
Excellent point. That was great stuff.
Agreed. Lots of tension all the way around in the 2nd half of the episode and even somewhat in the first half cause you knew the happiness couldn't last and was leading up to something.

Also, when Tony and Bobby were driving the day after the fight, Tony appeared to suddenly turn on to a dirt road, but the next time we saw them, they were sitting at that diner with those two guys. Makes you wonder if something happened there that we do not know about yet...
That was to let him take a piss. They were just trying to build more tension as if something else might happen. My take anyway...

That was to let him take a piss. They were just trying to build more tension as if something else might happen. My take anyway...
Thats what I got from that segue as well...

Ah, that's right. I forgot about Bobby needing to take a leak. I taped it. I will have to go back and watch it again tomorrow.

So instead of puking, we get to see some guy crapping on the holding cell toilet? Nice. Did anybody else catch this? :loco:
It appeared he was crapping in a urinal as well. I'd have to see it again though although I really don't think I want to.

in hindsight though, even though Tony is a lunatic, he's not going to off his BIL while at his vacation home with two women and a nanny waiting back at the camp for him. plus, the fact that he has kids. still, I thought there was a chance -- which means it was great writing.

Also, I just flipped on the end of the episode. It appears Bobby was wearing gloves when he killed that guy in the laundry room.

Also, I just flipped on the end of the episode. It appears Bobby was wearing gloves when he killed that guy in the laundry room.
See if I'm right about the "get arrested in bathrobe, walk into jail in suit" deal, will ya?
Carmela takes a suit with her that has sauce on the leg and yells at AJ for it down?
:rolleyes: Originality up?If you read the thread, you'd see that I thought that the car ride scene came after the jail scene. Just wasn't sure...

He didn't let him take a piss. Nothing happened on the ride to the meeting.

He said he had to piss. Then they pulled off. Then it cuts to the diner. That's what the original poster is talking about. Why didn't they follow that up? Original poster thinks maybe something comes later. I thought it was to just build more tension.

See if I'm right about the "get arrested in bathrobe, walk into jail in suit" deal, will ya?
Carmela takes a suit with her that has sauce on the leg and yells at AJ for it down?
:rolleyes: Originality up?If you read the thread, you'd see that I thought that the car ride scene came after the jail scene. Just wasn't sure...
I did miss that. :furley:

He said he had to piss. Then they pulled off. Then it cuts to the diner. That's what the original poster is talking about. Why didn't they follow that up? Original poster thinks maybe something comes later. I thought it was to just build more tension.
He said he wished he pissed, then Tony ignores him and keeps driving presumably as a petty way of getting back at him for the fight. There was nothing to follow up.

Finless said:
He let him piss. It just didn't show it. He said "I wish I had pissed" and Tony pulled off the road. Like someone stated, it was just a tension builder.
He absolutely did not pull over and let him piss, he made a turn and continued on to the meeting.

Finless said:
He let him piss. It just didn't show it. He said "I wish I had pissed" and Tony pulled off the road. Like someone stated, it was just a tension builder.
He absolutely did not pull over and let him piss, he made a turn and continued on to the meeting.
He pulls OFF, not over, and that's what people here are talking about. He definitely pulls off. As such, we're wondering how that tied in. Some saw it as more tension, especially cuz nobody was sure there really was a meeting to begin with.

Finless said:
Finless said:
:fishing:
He never pulled over. :shrug: Tony even gives a little look of glee. Not sure why you think he pulled over or "something happened there". All that happened was Tony kept driving to the meeting and Bobby had to hold it. All he did was make a turn, he didn't pull over.

Finless said:
He pulls OFF, not over, and that's what people here are talking about. He definitely pulls off. As such, we're wondering how that tied in. Some saw it as more tension, especially cuz nobody was sure there really was a meeting to begin with.
He just made a turn. NOTHING IS GOING TO BE "TIED IN".

Finless said:
He just made a turn. NOTHING IS GOING TO BE "TIED IN".
Take a breath and then read the thread. I never said anything was going to be tied in. Someone else did. I thought it was a tension builder on what might happen. Capella thought the same, thinking it was good writing because it had us nibbling. Someone else interpreted it that way as well. Why even show them turning off onto another road?

Take a breath and then read the thread. I never said anything was going to be tied in. Someone else did. I thought it was a tension builder on what might happen. Capella thought the same, thinking it was good writing because it had us nibbling. Someone else interpreted it that way as well.

Why even show them turning off onto another road?
What was a "tension builder"? The fact that Tony didn't pull over for him to piss? I don't even know what you're trying to say.

Finless said:
Nips, catch it tomorrow on On Demand. Bobby states he's gotta piss. Tony looks at him like he's a whiny ##### and clearly cuts the wheel right. It then shows a windshield view of them driving down a small gravel looking road. Not a big deal...just sayin.ETA nothing happened but it was clear that we were supposed to get the impression that Bobby was possibly being taken for "The Ride".
I just watched it 3 times. Tony: "You OK? I can turn the air on."Bobby: "I'm good. Just I should have taken a leak before I left."Tony ignores him and keeps driving, makes a right turn to get to the meeting. They keep driving. Tony has almost a look of defiance on his face. Bobby looks at him then looks down thinking. A final two shot of them and Tony is still driving with the same scowl on his face.I don't get any impression that Bobby may have been taken for "The Ride". It's a pretty straight forward scene. :shrug:Tony was just being petty after the fight. He does it again by making Bobby do the heavy lifting in regards to the canadian guy's brother in law. It's what Tony does.

The only reason that scene is in the episode is to show Tony NOT pull over. That's all I'm saying.

Take a breath and then read the thread. I never said anything was going to be tied in. Someone else did. I thought it was a tension builder on what might happen. Capella thought the same, thinking it was good writing because it had us nibbling. Someone else interpreted it that way as well.

Why even show them turning off onto another road?
What was a "tension builder"? The fact that Tony didn't pull over for him to piss? I don't even know what you're trying to say.
I do.

He's saying that when they pull off the main road and start heading down the smaller road (was it dirt?), the effect was to continue to make us think Tony was going to off Bobby, thus increasing the tension on the viewer. I think there was even a look on Bobby's face of :gulp: , but I could be wrong about that.

Users who are viewing this thread