What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (3 Viewers)

Take a breath and then read the thread. I never said anything was going to be tied in. Someone else did. I thought it was a tension builder on what might happen. Capella thought the same, thinking it was good writing because it had us nibbling. Someone else interpreted it that way as well.

Why even show them turning off onto another road?
What was a "tension builder"? The fact that Tony didn't pull over for him to piss? I don't even know what you're trying to say.
I do.

He's saying that when they pull off the main road and start heading down the smaller road (was it dirt?), the effect was to continue to make us think Tony was going to off Bobby, thus increasing the tension on the viewer. I think there was even a look on Bobby's face of :gulp: , but I could be wrong about that.
you are absolutely right about that flop. If they wanted to convey the point that they were just going to a meeting, then they wouldnt have empahsized the cutting of the wheel on to a dirt road. It was just chase keeping you in suspense for a couple seconds to make you wonder if this was Bobbys final ride. You could even see the look on bobbys face when they turned. It wasnt an "i really have to pee" face, it was more a "this looks all to familiar" face

Take a breath and then read the thread. I never said anything was going to be tied in. Someone else did. I thought it was a tension builder on what might happen. Capella thought the same, thinking it was good writing because it had us nibbling. Someone else interpreted it that way as well.

What was a "tension builder"? The fact that Tony didn't pull over for him to piss? I don't even know what you're trying to say.
I do.

He's saying that when they pull off the main road and start heading down the smaller road (was it dirt?), the effect was to continue to make us think Tony was going to off Bobby, thus increasing the tension on the viewer. I think there was even a look on Bobby's face of :gulp: , but I could be wrong about that.
:goodposting: It reminded me of when Sil was driving Adriana to the "hospital" to see Chris. Definitley thought Bobby had a chance of being whacked right there.

What was the gist of the conversation between Tony and Bobby out on the boat? Was Tony talking about giving Bobby more responsibility or what? Guess I'll have to listen closer when I rewatch.

Anyone else catch all the animal references? Bobby's kid singing a duck song, a flash of ducks in flight, Bobby banging around the trash cans like a bear. Any others?

My expectations have dropped so much I can't really get disappointed.
That's pretty much my view given the last few years of the show.I thought it was a pretty good episode, although the ones directed by Salami are generally among the better ones.Obviously the Bobby shirt-ripping thing is going to play a part later on. Plus, Tony is undoubtedly grappling between wanting to totally whack Bobby, yet conflicted with his being his brother-in-law. Kind of a Michael Corleone/Carlo thing, although we know how that ended.

Is this sarcasm and pointing out that 10 million less people watched the season premiere? I am not familiar with The Onion. If so, I believe it and it goes to show that last season was really bad despite the notion by some that people who didn't like it did not know how to appreciate the writing etc... It also could have been because of Easter Sunday and families traveling for Spring Break.

Anyone think that maybe Bobby has already flipped and is working with the FBI already? Maybe that is why he looked so pained about having to commit that murder last night. But he had to do it to get Tony's trust back, so to speak. And Big ##### was in on the murder of that Matthew fella in Season 2, so FBI informants are not opposed to murder just because the FBI has them in a corner.

- The Boat scene was Tony bringing up to Bobby that Bobby had yet to whack someone. Bobby was happy doing what he was doing. Especially with DNA science or whatever Bobby's quote was.

- Tony tells the Canadiens that they can take care of their issue with someone "trustworthy" and later tells Bobby to take care of it.

Given the fact that they made it really clear that the first bullet went through the target and into the dryer, and that Bobby had his shirt ripped by the target, it is pretty obvious that Bobby will get nailed for the hit.

I think Tony just wanted to see if Bobby could do the deed before giving him more responsibilities. The fact that Bobby will get nailed for it sets up more family issues for Tony. Should he whack his brother-in-law before Bobby rats him out?

I think Tony offering Bobby more responsibilities, started with the hit, because he does not think Christopher (another relative) can take over, evidenced by Tony hanging up on him.

Remember (I think it was also part of the fishing scene) where Tony was talking about most bosses either end up in jail or dead.

If anything, I think this sets up these last episodes with Tony trying to figure out who will succeed him. His love for the family had him pick Christopher (IMO) and now leaning toward Bobby, if Bobby can pull the hit off (IMO).

I think the series ends with Tony getting whacked or busted (yeah, it's not a major stretch), and the question would be by whom and which is it whacked or busted? The answer to those questions will keep me watching.

That's pretty much my view given the last few years of the show.I thought it was a pretty good episode, although the ones directed by Salami are generally among the better ones.

Obviously the Bobby shirt-ripping thing is going to play a part later on. Plus, Tony is undoubtedly grappling between wanting to totally whack Bobby, yet conflicted with his being his brother-in-law. Kind of a Michael Corleone/Carlo thing, although we know how that ended.
I thought the same thing about the Russian........ and we got nothing!

With only 8 episodes left, I hope they don't build up too much more or set anything else up. Time to start wrapping this up. Otherwise, too many questions and choppy endings.

That's pretty much my view given the last few years of the show.I thought it was a pretty good episode, although the ones directed by Salami are generally among the better ones.

Obviously the Bobby shirt-ripping thing is going to play a part later on. Plus, Tony is undoubtedly grappling between wanting to totally whack Bobby, yet conflicted with his being his brother-in-law. Kind of a Michael Corleone/Carlo thing, although we know how that ended.
I thought the same thing about the Russian........ and we got nothing!
I wouldn't be shocked if the Russian thing is addressed/resolved somehow in the coming episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:

I do. He's saying that when they pull off the main road and start heading down the smaller road (was it dirt?), the effect was to continue to make us think Tony was going to off Bobby, thus increasing the tension on the viewer. I think there was even a look on Bobby's face of :gulp: , but I could be wrong about that.
:goodposting: It reminded me of when Sil was driving Adriana to the "hospital" to see Chris. Definitley thought Bobby had a chance of being whacked right there.
Spot on. Beat me to it. Look at the way the scene was shot, too. From Bobby's perspective... looking at the desolate dirt road they're about to travel. Not one of Nipsey's better fishing trips.

Is this sarcasm and pointing out that 10 million less people watched the season premiere? I am not familiar with The Onion. If so, I believe it and it goes to show that last season was really bad despite the notion by some that people who didn't like it did not know how to appreciate the writing etc... It also could have been because of Easter Sunday and families traveling for Spring Break.
The Onion is a satirical newspaper, so yes, this was sarcasm.
NEW YORK—The writers of the HBO series The Sopranos took another daring storytelling step by killing off 10 million fans during the seventh season's premiere episode Sunday night.

"This was definitely a bold choice, one that producers of the show would have never thought of making five years ago," said New York Times television critic Virginia Heffernan, who noted that the move was hinted at in a season-five episode in which Tony dreamt he was riding a horse through his house. "But now that I look back, this was strongly foreshadowed throughout all of last season."

Industry insiders predicted that the show's producers would try to bring at least some fans back for the series finale, which may come as early as May.

Anyone think that maybe Bobby has already flipped and is working with the FBI already? Maybe that is why he looked so pained about having to commit that murder last night. But he had to do it to get Tony's trust back, so to speak. And Big ##### was in on the murder of that Matthew fella in Season 2, so FBI informants are not opposed to murder just because the FBI has them in a corner.
My take was that Bobby looked pained based on his father's wishes to keep him out of all of it. Throughout the series, Bobby's been the one who usually does the "good" thing, vs the amoral rest of them. Ok- pull out yer :goodposting: Soprano's binders and hit me with instances of Bobby being an animal (other than the "bear" recycling bottles... that was a REAL stretch)

I thought last season was brilliant, particularly the first episodes when Tony's in the hospital hallucinating/dreaming/day-dreaming. Some of the best TV I've ever seen.As much as I like the show when guys are taking eachother out, I prefer the quieter moments that then build to those more explosive times. That's when the genius of the writing, directing and acting are really showcased, IMO.

I thought last season was brilliant, particularly the first episodes when Tony's in the hospital hallucinating/dreaming/day-dreaming. Some of the best TV I've ever seen.
Last season wasn't bad, but I'm among the many that really liked the first 2 or 3 seasons. And not just the violence, but the characters. When Ralphie got whacked and they gradually shifted away from Paulie, I think it took a poor turn. But maybe they'll make up for it this year.

I thought last season was brilliant, particularly the first episodes when Tony's in the hospital hallucinating/dreaming/day-dreaming. Some of the best TV I've ever seen.
Last season wasn't bad, but I'm among the many that really liked the first 2 or 3 seasons. And not just the violence, but the characters. When Ralphie got whacked and they gradually shifted away from Paulie, I think it took a poor turn. But maybe they'll make up for it this year.
Which season had that episode long dream sequence? Other than the mom being there, I tend to blur all the seasons.

Which season had that episode long dream sequence? Other than the mom being there, I tend to blur all the seasons.
Not sure, but it may have been last season. Or at most the season before.

Considering the FBI seems to be getting closer and closer, you have to think that Tony either ends up in jail or flips.
Tony flipping would never happen. This whole case the FBI is building up is against Tony Soprano. No way they approach him to rat everbody else out when they would rather have him.I guess the questions begs, who will the rat be as my thinking is this is how Tony gets pinched. I'm guessing Christopha will be the rat after Tony sends him packing for his nasty drug habit. Christopha then becomes desperate and rats out the entire operation.

My take was that Bobby looked pained based on his father's wishes to keep him out of all of it. Throughout the series, Bobby's been the one who usually does the "good" thing, vs the amoral rest of them. Ok- pull out yer :shock: Soprano's binders and hit me with instances of Bobby being an animal (other than the "bear" recycling bottles... that was a REAL stretch)
I think that Chase has been preparing Bobby for something meaningful for quite awhile. He constantly showed him as passive early on. But we got to see instances of "If you push Bobby too far..." every once in awhile. For instance, the scene in the episode where Paulie skimps on the Italian street fair, and Janice and Dominica are on the ride that goes haywire. You see Bobby come close to kicking Paulie's ###. And when he slaps the ride operator around in the hotel room, you see it a bit there too. I think Chase has gone out of his way to show Bobby as passive -the hunting outfit in the Pine Barrens, the train conductor hat with his train set, etc But there has always been the underlying "If you #### with Bobby's family, you better watch out" angle. Think of when his father died, how much he was shook up. Think of him burying a cake at his wife's grave. When major events happen to his immediate family, he turns into a different person. I think Bobby will be a major part of the finishing episodes of the show.

My take was that Bobby looked pained based on his father's wishes to keep him out of all of it. Throughout the series, Bobby's been the one who usually does the "good" thing, vs the amoral rest of them. Ok- pull out yer :shock: Soprano's binders and hit me with instances of Bobby being an animal (other than the "bear" recycling bottles... that was a REAL stretch)
I think that Chase has been preparing Bobby for something meaningful for quite awhile. He constantly showed him as passive early on. But we got to see instances of "If you push Bobby too far..." every once in awhile. For instance, the scene in the episode where Paulie skimps on the Italian street fair, and Janice and Dominica are on the ride that goes haywire. You see Bobby come close to kicking Paulie's ###. And when he slaps the ride operator around in the hotel room, you see it a bit there too. I think Chase has gone out of his way to show Bobby as passive -the hunting outfit in the Pine Barrens, the train conductor hat with his train set, etc But there has always been the underlying "If you #### with Bobby's family, you better watch out" angle. Think of when his father died, how much he was shook up. Think of him burying a cake at his wife's grave. When major events happen to his immediate family, he turns into a different person. I think Bobby will be a major part of the finishing episodes of the show.
Very good insight there.If you add that to what somebody else posted, about Bobby being Tony's probable stand in for Christopher in terms of being his second- I totally agree that this looks to be the Season of Bobby as catalyst.

I think the major piece of evidence that Bobby left behind, a piece of his shirt, is going to end up being pretty important. Especially when coupled with the earlier reference Bobby made to DNA evidence - foooooreshadowing.

If they can pin Bobby for the murder, they have an easy way to get at Tony.

Shrek's post about Bobby being fiercely loyal to his family is spot-on, and remember what that cop that Tony had on the payroll said back in season 2 before he off'ed himself when Tony expressed disbelief that Big ##### could ever be an FBI informant:

"What is he above everything else? A man who loves his family. Well guess what - that's their favorite target."

(or something like that)

Considering the FBI seems to be getting closer and closer, you have to think that Tony either ends up in jail or flips.
Tony flipping would never happen. This whole case the FBI is building up is against Tony Soprano. No way they approach him to rat everbody else out when they would rather have him.I guess the questions begs, who will the rat be as my thinking is this is how Tony gets pinched. I'm guessing Christopha will be the rat after Tony sends him packing for his nasty drug habit. Christopha then becomes desperate and rats out the entire operation.
I doubt this show will end with Tony getting pinched. Also, I doubt Tony would send Chris packing...too much risk to Tony with Chris potentially ratting everyone out. If Tony does anything to Chris it will be killing him.

I doubt this show will end with Tony getting pinched. Also, I doubt Tony would send Chris packing...too much risk to Tony with Chris potentially ratting everyone out. If Tony does anything to Chris it will be killing him.
:rolleyes: Drug addiction in Chris' position is punishable by death, not banishment.When Chris first went into rehab, Tony said something along the lines of "If you weren't my cousin, you'd be getting your rehab in the back of your head" while making a gun with his hand as a sign as to what he meant.

My take was that Bobby looked pained based on his father's wishes to keep him out of all of it. Throughout the series, Bobby's been the one who usually does the "good" thing, vs the amoral rest of them. Ok- pull out yer :rolleyes: Soprano's binders and hit me with instances of Bobby being an animal (other than the "bear" recycling bottles... that was a REAL stretch)
Great analysis. I agree, it appear Bobby is going to struggle with some major family problems and have a decsion to make. Anyone else get the feeling like he would never let anything happen to his daughter when he came back from killing the guy and was holding her looking at the lake?

My take was that Bobby looked pained based on his father's wishes to keep him out of all of it. Throughout the series, Bobby's been the one who usually does the "good" thing, vs the amoral rest of them. Ok- pull out yer :rolleyes: Soprano's binders and hit me with instances of Bobby being an animal (other than the "bear" recycling bottles... that was a REAL stretch)
Great analysis. I agree, it appear Bobby is going to struggle with some major family problems and have a decsion to make. Anyone else get the feeling like he would never let anything happen to his daughter when he came back from killing the guy and was holding her looking at the lake?
What I took from that moment, with Bobby hugging hus daughter overlooking a sunset over a lake, was Bobby holding on to something innocent and pure and having the sad realization that everything is different now that he had taken someone's life.

I don't think so. He already had a chance to do that and save Adriana. I think he already has proven his loyalty to Tony.I think Christopha get's whacked by someone in the NY crew

Very good insight there, N.Y. Shreks. :( :(

I also agree that there is no way that Christopher will flip. I will be surprised if he is alive when the show ends.

I do. He's saying that when they pull off the main road and start heading down the smaller road (was it dirt?), the effect was to continue to make us think Tony was going to off Bobby, thus increasing the tension on the viewer. I think there was even a look on Bobby's face of :gulp: , but I could be wrong about that.
:shrug: It reminded me of when Sil was driving Adriana to the "hospital" to see Chris. Definitley thought Bobby had a chance of being whacked right there.
Spot on. Beat me to it. Look at the way the scene was shot, too. From Bobby's perspective... looking at the desolate dirt road they're about to travel. Not one of Nipsey's better fishing trips.
Honestly, I can't believe how much you're reading into that shot of Bobby after they make that turn. Watch it again. Bobby basically says he has to take a leak and Tony keeps driving. Bobby's reaction is because Tony's acting petty. Nobody's getting whacked in this scene. I'm watching it right now. You're reading a ton into that shot of Bobby, his eyes widen for a half second but the look is gone in the next shot. The scene is clumsily/shot edited, I'll give you that.

That's pretty much my view given the last few years of the show.I thought it was a pretty good episode, although the ones directed by Salami are generally among the better ones.Obviously the Bobby shirt-ripping thing is going to play a part later on. Plus, Tony is undoubtedly grappling between wanting to totally whack Bobby, yet conflicted with his being his brother-in-law. Kind of a Michael Corleone/Carlo thing, although we know how that ended.
i think that you won't get closure on this like you are hoping.. Chase has a habit of leaving you waiting for something to happened and it never comes back.. I think the chances of us never hearing about htis Canadian thing or it being a serious plot line is about 30/70

i think that you won't get closure on this like you are hoping.. Chase has a habit of leaving you waiting for something to happened and it never comes back.. I think the chances of us never hearing about htis Canadian thing or it being a serious plot line is about 30/70
Probably true, as they have to leave some open ends for the inevitable follow-up films.

- The Boat scene was Tony bringing up to Bobby that Bobby had yet to whack someone. Bobby was happy doing what he was doing. Especially with DNA science or whatever Bobby's quote was.

- Tony tells the Canadiens that they can take care of their issue with someone "trustworthy" and later tells Bobby to take care of it.

Given the fact that they made it really clear that the first bullet went through the target and into the dryer, and that Bobby had his shirt ripped by the target, it is pretty obvious that Bobby will get nailed for the hit.

I think Tony just wanted to see if Bobby could do the deed before giving him more responsibilities. The fact that Bobby will get nailed for it sets up more family issues for Tony. Should he whack his brother-in-law before Bobby rats him out?

I think Tony offering Bobby more responsibilities, started with the hit, because he does not think Christopher (another relative) can take over, evidenced by Tony hanging up on him.

Remember (I think it was also part of the fishing scene) where Tony was talking about most bosses either end up in jail or dead.

If anything, I think this sets up these last episodes with Tony trying to figure out who will succeed him. His love for the family had him pick Christopher (IMO) and now leaning toward Bobby, if Bobby can pull the hit off (IMO).

I think the series ends with Tony getting whacked or busted (yeah, it's not a major stretch), and the question would be by whom and which is it whacked or busted? The answer to those questions will keep me watching.
Good points. In previous episodes I thought DNA or other forensic evidence would come up, but it never did. The fact that Bobby mentioned DNA evidence prior (in their convo on the boat) makes me think this time, it will be part of the plot yet to come. I can totally see the "Tony has to whack Bobby in order to not have Bobby rat out Tony" scenario. I can also see Janice finding out about Tony's argument with himself over having to do the deed. :yawn: Good opening episode to the new 2nd part of the season, IMO :thumbup: Lots of great scenes. I thought the fight scene was very well done and the discussions that Bobby/Janice and Tony/Carmela had afterwards was VERY well done. I'm liking the way these final episodes are heading.

One comment: I think a lot of people are going to get whacked as things start to get complicated for Tony and the Feds. It likely will involve and or start with Tony offing Bobby as well as Janice. I wonder when/if we'll see Tony use that assault rifle in the semi-near future?

One question: How is Christopher's new wife going to enter into the final episode's equation? I think Chase has something up his sleeve with either her or AJ's squeeze, Blanca.

I think Tony just wanted to see if Bobby could do the deed before giving him more responsibilities.
My opinion is that Tony assigning Bobby the hit was his way of sticking it to Bobby after losing the fight. It was obvious that Tony was being eaten up by it, and while I don't think Tony ever considered whacking Bobby for it, the one place where Tony can DEFINITELY beat Bobby is at work; Tony is Bobby's boss and has to do whatever he says. Tony knew from their earlier conversation that Bobby was glad he never had to do a hit, so this was the perfect way to slap Bobby in the face.I don't think Tony would have ever a question about Bobby's obedience, thus assigning a hit to test loyalty is illogical, IMHO.

I wonder if Bobby, not Chris, is the one NY whacks instead of whacking Tony. Remember, Tony got the big mansion from Johny Sacks for Bobby and Janice. Tony could then move against NY and make it look like a vendetta thing for his brother in law. Lots of plot twists possible under that scenario, like Janice not believing it was NY, but rather, Tony.

Everyone seems to be talking about Tony either getting killed or ratted on to end the series. Wouldn't it be cool if instead, Bobby gets whacked, Tony goes to war with NY and takes over everything and the series ends in a similar fashion to the Godfather II with someone kneeling down and kissing his ring!

Surprised no one has brought this up. The conversation between Janice and Carm regarding Janice being like her father and Tony being like his mother. Dad was more impulsive with his vengeance and his mom was more calculating. Having Bobby do his first kill (after their conversation in the boat) was his revenge for the fight. He knew what he was doing to Bobby.

It was green. A house.

Solid opening episode.
solid :confused: 1 1/2 to 2 years since the last season and that was the best they could come up with :X

this show has gone down hill over the year
I remember this solely because of your username, but you've been saying the same exact thing on these boards since AT LEAST season 5. Why keep watching? You're clearly being entertained, nobody would watch over 20 hours of something they no longer like.
becuase i have been watching since day one

One question: How is Christopher's new wife going to enter into the final episode's equation? I think Chase has something up his sleeve with either her or AJ's squeeze, Blanca.
Loved seeing the Monopoly pieces sticking to Tony's face after the fight.

IMO this entire episode was about Bobby and Tony's loyalties to their own immediate families, and how it compares and contrasts with their loyalties to The Family. And to a lesser degree, I thought it was about Bobby finally standing up to Janice and asserting his place in the household. I loved the line where Bobby was leaving to do the hit. "Stop ######' nagging me. I'll be back as soon as I can."

BTW I guess I didn't understand the significance of Tony and Bobby lying and saying they were playing golf. Bobby mentions the "thing with the Canucks" in front of the women, when they convince Tony and Carmela to stay the morning after the fight.

I also agree 100% with Nipsey about the ride in the SUV. Tony was being petty to get back at Bobby. Bobby mentions that he should have taken a leak at home, Tony gives a look like, "Oh, sucks to be you, I guess", looks out the window to see the main road that he's supposed to be turning down, then bypasses it to take the dirt road, with the obvious reason being to make Bobby hold it in awhile longer. Seriously, the "Bobby might be getting whacked" angle is reaching, if you watch it again closely. But since more than one person here thought that, you have to give credit to Chase. He has developed Tony's character to the point where you wouldn't be totally surprised if he went to those lengths.

One of my favorite things they did in this episode involved the use of sound editing. The Canadians tell Tony and Bobby that the guy's sister "has an ex-husband drummer" who is causing them problems. Later, as Bobby is waiting outside the laundry room, he looks at a picture of the guy he is supposed to take out. Just then the guy walks past him into the laundry room, and you hear the start of someone performing on the drums. As Bobby walks into the laundry room, you see that it's just a pair of shoes rattling around inside a dryer. Then after he shoots the kid, you hear the shoes continue to rattle around, but with the distinctive sound of the bullet joining them in the dryer.

And to settle the gloves thing, Bobby is definitely wearing a pair of gloves. They are clear latex or plastic gloves, and you never see him take them off. If you rewind the scene a few times, you can see them.

Loved seeing the Monopoly pieces sticking to Tony's face after the fight.
I thought it was kind of a reference to their houses and blood being intertwined. Maybe that's reading too much into it, but that was my first impression. Because Carmela flicks it off Tony's face, and you see another close up of the house where it is evident that they are trying to highlight the blood stains.

for me, when i saw him turn off i thought oh hes going to turn off on the dirt road walk him into the woods and basically tell him to piss and he would get all scared and #### because he would have to go piss and turn his back on tony.

One more week to wait before the final nine episodes begin. Let's hope they get back to the same excellent storylines, writing and intensity as seasons 1 & 2. Hell, I'll settle for it being as good as season 5.

Let's get it on!!! :unsure:

Episode #1 (4/8/07) -- "Soprano Home Movies"

As the sixth and final season resumes, Tony has a brush with the law before a rowdy 47th birthday celebration with Carmela, Bobby and Janice at a rural retreat in the Adirondacks.

Episode #2 (4/15/07) -- "Stage Five"

The premiere of “Cleaver” gets Tony thinking about his relationship with Christopher; Johnny Sack absorbs more bad news in prison; Phil analyzes his family history; Silvio's dinner with Gerry is rudely interrupted.

Episode #3 (4/22/07) -- "Remember When"

With the heat turned up in Jersey, Tony and Paulie head south to cool off. Meanwhile, Junior rekindles some of his old fire in a poker game.

Episode #4 (4/29/07) -- "Chasing It"

Tony hits an unlucky stretch; AJ makes a life-changing decision; Vito's widow Marie turns to Tony for help with her troubled son.

Episode #5 (5/6/07) -- "Walk Like a Man"

Description not yet available.

Episode #6 (5/13/07) -- "Kennedy and Heidi"

Episode #7 (5/20/07) -- "The Second Coming"

Episode #8 (6/03/07) -- "The Blue Comet"

(Note: The two week gap between episodes 7 & 8 is to observe Memorial Day)

Episode #9 (6/10/07) -- "SERIES FINALE!"

The Final Episode of The Sopranos Final Season. Written and directed by David Chase.

=================================

Trailer for the final season (following a brief advertisement)

Two minute video detailing the main characters who died on the show

Wikipedia's list of deaths on The Sopranos

Top 10 moments on The Sopranos -- (Article)

UNCONFIRMED SPOILERS! -- View at your own risk. Please don't copy them here.

Lastly, the most interesting prediction I've read (not a spoiler -- just a prediction) was from an author who did a story this month on The Sopranos for Cigar Aficionado magazine. He thinks that David Chase will definitely not leave a "So what happens to Tony in the future?" loose end. He predicts that Tony will piss off Carmella one last time, prompting Carm to shoot and kill him. Carm then takes whatever of T's money she can get her hands on, and flies to Naples to live happily ever after with Furio.

Hey, it makes as much sense as any other possible conclusion I've heard... :lmao:

When you sit down and think about it, they spent half a ####### season showing us Furio's pathetic high-school-puppy-dog crush on Carmella. Maybe Chase had a payoff in mind down the road.
I thought I read somewhere that Chase said there was no way in hell Furio was going to step out of the bushes, kill Tony and whisk Carm off into the sunset. That for all intents and purposes...the Furio storyline was dead.
Interesting that the Russian from the Pine Barens episode with Christopher and Paulie in the woods appears in the video recounting all of the deaths but I do not recall him being confirmed dead. IMO one of the biggest loopholes left open. We are to assume that he is dead but if he was and just dissappeared, wouldnt his Russian buddy that Tony was doing business with at least have questioned Tony about it?

Anyone catch the exchange between Janice and Carmella when they first arrive at the lake.

Janice: "Something to drink?"

Carmella: "Sure, a Pellegrino?"

Janice: "Ok, no problem"

Janice: "Shop Rite seltzer water ok?"

I thought this was comical for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread