What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (4 Viewers)

i never watched an episode..........for the most part, what i've heard from people smarter than me is that the 1st 2 seasons were gold, then the show was all hype and generally stunk. my impression was that sigler is a terrible parker and should've looked for a municipal lot.

:goodposting: :lmao:

i never watched an episode..........for the most part, what i've heard from people smarter than me is that the 1st 2 seasons were gold, then the show was all hype and generally stunk. my impression was that sigler is a terrible parker and should've looked for a municipal lot. :goodposting: :thumbdown:
You are incorrect.........Sigler has NO FLAWS!! :yawn:

Thanks man :shrug: To totally beat the dead horse into the ground, while I was doing framegrabs, here's a list of all the readable song titles in the jukebox that I could make out:

Gatlin Bros: Got a lot of woman on her hand

Sawyer Brown: Somewhere in the night, My baby drives a Buick

Mary Hopkins: Those were the days, Turn, turn turn

Jerry Butler: Only the strong survive, Just because I love you

Unknown: The Animal

Bryan Adams: Victim of love, Into the fire

Unknown: [unclear] if you were a woman, I'll Take You (heartache and all)

T Graham Brown: Rock it Billy,

Tony Bennett: I've Got to be me, A lonely place

Jay & the Americans: This Magic Moment, Since I don't have you

Tommy James & Shondells: Crystal Blue persuasion, I'm alive

Jimmy Dorsey: June Night

Heart: Who Will You run to, Magic Man (Live)

Journey: Don't Stop Believing, Any Way You Want It

Unknown: I'll Never Be In Love Again

Make of it what you will, some of those stand out to me but I'm biased in my interpretation.

Last edited by a moderator:
i never watched an episode..........for the most part, what i've heard from people smarter than me is that the 1st 2 seasons were gold, then the show was all hype and generally stunk.
You heard wrong. The only parts of this show that stunk were the Carmela/Furio storyline in Season 4, and most of Season 6A.

Some people think Tony was shot at the end and that's why the screen went to black?

:fishy:

That's nuts.

Why would "Members Only" guy need to go into the bathroom to get a gun? Forget the nod to The Godfather, there was no reason for him to do so.

BTW, I liked how the screen went to black just as Steve Perry was in the middle of the song "Don't stop"

[cut]

Don't stop - :wall:

But Chase did stop. The series.
What I don't get is why you think the Tony being shot theory has to be dependent on the premise that the Members Only guy went in the bathroom to get a gun? :lmao:

Some people think Tony was shot at the end and that's why the screen went to black?

:moneybag:

That's nuts.

Why would "Members Only" guy need to go into the bathroom to get a gun? Forget the nod to The Godfather, there was no reason for him to do so.

BTW, I liked how the screen went to black just as Steve Perry was in the middle of the song "Don't stop"

[cut]

Don't stop - :pickle:

What I don't get is why you think the Tony being shot theory has to be dependent on the premise that the Members Only guy went in the bathroom to get a gun? :thumbup:
So what did he do? Blow his nose, take a leak, wash his hands? If you're a hitman taking out a moss boss you don't linger around and draw attention to yourself. You walk up, shoot him in the head, drop the gun and walk away. No ####ing around.

Thanks man :moneybag: To totally beat the dead horse into the ground, while I was doing framegrabs, here's a list of all the readable song titles in the jukebox that I could make out:

Make of it what you will, some of those stand out to me but I'm biased in my interpretation.
Before I saw any of the names, I was convinced he was going to play "Comfortably Numb."

i never watched an episode..........for the most part, what i've heard from people smarter than me is that the 1st 2 seasons were gold, then the show was all hype and generally stunk. my impression was that sigler is a terrible parker and should've looked for a municipal lot. :thumbup: :pickle:
You are incorrect.........Sigler has NO FLAWS!! :moneybag:
Plus, she's screwing Ben Roethlisberger. Obviously has good taste in football players too.

Thanks man :kicksrock: To totally beat the dead horse into the ground, while I was doing framegrabs, here's a list of all the readable song titles in the jukebox that I could make out:

Before I saw any of the names, I was convinced he was going to play "Comfortably Numb."
Comfortably Numb is about cocaine - why would do you think that would have been appropriate at that time?

:thumbdown:

That's nuts.

[cut]

Don't stop - :lmao:

What I don't get is why you think the Tony being shot theory has to be dependent on the premise that the Members Only guy went in the bathroom to get a gun? :confused:
So what did he do? Blow his nose, take a leak, wash his hands? If you're a hitman taking out a moss boss you don't linger around and draw attention to yourself. You walk up, shoot him in the head, drop the gun and walk away. No ####ing around.
:thumbup:

Thanks man :thumbup: To totally beat the dead horse into the ground, while I was doing framegrabs, here's a list of all the readable song titles in the jukebox that I could make out:

Comfortably Numb is about cocaine - why would do you think that would have been appropriate at that time?
It's been referenced a couple of times this season. Tony was singing it one morning when he came down the stairs and it was playing when the wreck occurred.

:thumbup:

That's nuts.

[cut]

What I don't get is why you think the Tony being shot theory has to be dependent on the premise that the Members Only guy went in the bathroom to get a gun? :confused:
Oh sorry, I didn't know we had a pro among us. I will defer to your experience. :thumbup: But on a serious note, maybe just to come up behind Tony instead of shooting him in front. The headshot from behind makes the connection between Tony's and Phil's death even stronger.

Besides, guessing as to the potential behavior of this hitman does not, for me personally, change the fact that death is still by far the most likely explanation for the sudden cut to black. I still don't have any clear theories as to what Chase was saying with that other than just Chase-bashing.

Hey RN, or anyone else for that matter - if you could change your screen name to something Sopranos related, what would it be? I'll reveal mine after others have had a chance to do so.

:goodposting:

That's nuts.

[cut]

What I don't get is why you think the Tony being shot theory has to be dependent on the premise that the Members Only guy went in the bathroom to get a gun? :unsure:
Oh sorry, I didn't know we had a pro among us. I will defer to your experience. :no: But on a serious note, maybe just to come up behind Tony instead of shooting him in front. The headshot from behind makes the connection between Tony's and Phil's death even stronger.

Besides, guessing as to the potential behavior of this hitman does not, for me personally, change the fact that death is still by far the most likely explanation for the sudden cut to black. I still don't have any clear theories as to what Chase was saying with that other than just Chase-bashing.
You don't need to go to the bathroom to get behind him. You just wheel around and fire. The way in which this supposedly went down removes all doubt for me, personally.ETA: I think he ends up just being some shmuck that recognized Tony from selling him a canolli once or some ####, intended to say hi but wussed out and walked into the can instead.

Nice to see this thread still waging forward.

Personally, I didn't think Tony was killed. Seems unlikely a Carmine led NY crew would do it. Tony and Carmine get along fine. Every other assasin on the show has simply walked up to thier victim, shot them and left. For me, that rules out Members Only guy and really anyone else already in there.

As soon as Phil was killed, I thought to myself that Tony lives. And every time the scene indicated pending possible doom, I rememberd that Tony's death didn't seem to fit there.

So if I'm right, why the cut to black? Who knows. If anything, just to specifically state that there are no tidy endings with the Sopranos. Life goes on, or it doesn't, but no gift wrapped bows on this show.

Little Carmine is now the boss of NY?I must have missed that, I didn't think he wanted it.
I could be way off there, but that's how I interpreted it. It came down to Carmine vs Johnny Sack, when Carmine backed out. Basically, I think he was afraid for his life, justifiably so. Still, it was stated more than once that he had many members still loyal to him. With Sack passing, the next guy being killed by Phil and then some apparent reaching out by Butchie to Carmine, it seemed Carmine was the next logical choice to lead NY, and without too much internal problems.

Definitely implied Carmine would be taking over NY, why else would he be at that meeting?
Because he was semi-retired and could provide a neutral site.
Actually, it was someone named George. Carmine came with Butchie and his associate.Who was George BTW?
Dunno. I thought Tony called Carmine, and during the meeting turned to him and said "You brokered this meeting, don't you have anything to say." Or something like that. It looked to me like Tony and Paulie were on one side of the table, and Butchie and pal were on the other, with Carmine in the middle. Maybe Butchie's partner was George.I'll watch it again though. Regardless, Carmine could step back in or not, it's just another thing that's left open.

I don't think that Carmine was the boss of NY. He was semi-retired.

Doesn't anyone remember that little talk he and Tony had? Carmine talking about the dream with his father showing him an empty box, Tony encouraging Carmine to fill the void in himself and becoming the Boss? Carmine said that wasn't what the dream was about, it was about his family.

I think Carmine was just there as a peace keeper - just like he tried to do between Tony and Phil the episode two weeks prior.

Definitely implied Carmine would be taking over NY, why else would he be at that meeting?
Actually, it was someone named George. Carmine came with Butchie and his associate.Who was George BTW?
Dunno. I thought Tony called Carmine, and during the meeting turned to him and said "You brokered this meeting, don't you have anything to say." Or something like that. It looked to me like Tony and Paulie were on one side of the table, and Butchie and pal were on the other, with Carmine in the middle. Maybe Butchie's partner was George.I'll watch it again though. Regardless, Carmine could step back in or not, it's just another thing that's left open.
Nope - Tony called George for sure, he's the first guy who shook his hand after they were patted down, and I think what he said during the meeting was "George brokers this meeting and you don't have anything to say". It definitely wasn't Carmine on the phone.That said, I still don't know exactly who George was. I don't think he's ever appeared previously, not sure if he was mentioned. He isn't in the list of Sopranos characters on Wikipedia.

I rewatched the last scene last night and a detail stood out.Tony, Carmella and AJ all eat an onion ring the exact same, unusual way. They throw the entire ring into their mouth. The ring is a circle and they shared way they eat it is a signal that they are the same, wound up in the same cycle of life. AJ will repeat the depression and psychological problems of the family and be aimless in his pursuits and questioning his center as Tony did as a result of the cycle they share. But Meadow is absent. She is the one in the family that broke the ring and has moved on.
I caught this as well, but thought it was more a sign of family solidarity than anything else.

I rewatched the last scene last night and a detail stood out.Tony, Carmella and AJ all eat an onion ring the exact same, unusual way. They throw the entire ring into their mouth. The ring is a circle and they shared way they eat it is a signal that they are the same, wound up in the same cycle of life. AJ will repeat the depression and psychological problems of the family and be aimless in his pursuits and questioning his center as Tony did as a result of the cycle they share. But Meadow is absent. She is the one in the family that broke the ring and has moved on.
Considering they have eaten together for 20+ years, that is pretty normal family behavior. It is very common for families to take on similar habits, traits, and idiosyncracies.

Tony, Carmella and AJ all eat an onion ring the exact same, unusual way. They throw the entire ring into their mouth.
Not an unusual way to eat an onion ring at all. If you try to just bite part of the onion ring, you run the risk of the slippery onion part getting dislodged from the fried batter part.

Nope - Tony called George for sure, he's the first guy who shook his hand after they were patted down, and I think what he said during the meeting was "George brokers this meeting and you don't have anything to say". It definitely wasn't Carmine on the phone.That said, I still don't know exactly who George was. I don't think he's ever appeared previously, not sure if he was mentioned. He isn't in the list of Sopranos characters on Wikipedia.
He's not friends or family. He's George Paglieri, head of the Paglieri crime family, another NY family. So that makes sense, another family steps in to mediate. He's mentioned here , on the wikipedia Lupertazzi family page.

Nope - Tony called George for sure, he's the first guy who shook his hand after they were patted down, and I think what he said during the meeting was "George brokers this meeting and you don't have anything to say". It definitely wasn't Carmine on the phone.

That said, I still don't know exactly who George was. I don't think he's ever appeared previously, not sure if he was mentioned. He isn't in the list of Sopranos characters on Wikipedia.
He's not friends or family. He's George Paglieri, head of the Paglieri crime family, another NY family. So that makes sense, another family steps in to mediate. He's mentioned here , on the wikipedia Lupertazzi family page.
Ooops, I linked the wrong page. Interestingly, he's not mentioned on the master characters page I meant to link to, but good catch on the Lupertazzi page.but yes - he's an "impartial" guy, semi-retired, and he's the one that brokered it.

Little Carmine is now the boss of NY?I must have missed that, I didn't think he wanted it.
I could be way off there, but that's how I interpreted it. It came down to Carmine vs Johnny Sack, when Carmine backed out. Basically, I think he was afraid for his life, justifiably so. Still, it was stated more than once that he had many members still loyal to him. With Sack passing, the next guy being killed by Phil and then some apparent reaching out by Butchie to Carmine, it seemed Carmine was the next logical choice to lead NY, and without too much internal problems.
I just watched it again, and I think little Carmine is the new boss. During the meeting, Butchie did all the talking, but before he said anything he would look to Carmine for approval. And if Carmine is the new boss, that means the chances of Tony being dead drop to 0. Which is entirely consistant with the show. There have always been fans that have screamed for blood. I personally always hoped for a mob war. But, with the exception of the last two episodes, it's never really happened in a Godfather "go to the mattresses" fashion. There have been killings and assasinations, but always afterwards, the bosses would sit down to talk, and it would be over. Which is what happened here.And in the end, that's the message of the show, at least as regards the mob. It's all about business. That's why Tony went right back into his routine, there's nothing to fear, at least not from New York (Maybe the Feds, though). It was also a show about family, and in the end Tony is together with his family, and everyone is relatively happy. I think the last thing that happens is that Meadow sits down and has an onion ring.The one thing about the episode that was actually sad when I watched it again was when Tony and Paulie were sitting at the little table outside the store. It was sad because I thought of all the other great characters that have sat at that table before, but were now gone.

One of the things I wondered about is why didn't we ever see anybody from any of the other NY families? Did NJ not do business with them? I guess it would have been confusing to the viewer to keep track of everybody.

Finless said:
Is there any chance we see AJ take on a larger role within the family? Has this been discussed?
One of my thoughts was that the recent string of events would drive Tony to merge his two families. AJ is getting involved with Carmine and will eventually have his own club. Great opportunity for Tony to use the club as a front. Or possibly, if Sylvio is out of commission, maybve AJ runs the Bing. Meadow is becoming a lawyer. With her connection to Patrick Parisi, she could be very valuable to Tony, especially as indictments come down.

It's the circle of lifeAnd it moves us allThrough despair and hopeThrough faith and loveTill we find our placeOn the path unwindingIn the circle The circle of life

Finless said:
Is there any chance we see AJ take on a larger role within the family? Has this been discussed?
No, but here's something interesting: when Bobby and Tony were in the boat, Bobby said he bets you never hear anything when you get whacked. think about it.

i never watched an episode..........for the most part, what i've heard from people smarter than me is that the 1st 2 seasons were gold, then the show was all hype and generally stunk. my impression was that sigler is a terrible parker and should've looked for a municipal lot. :lmao: :tfp:
You are incorrect.........Sigler has NO FLAWS!! :mellow:
Plus, she's screwing Ben Roethlisberger. Obviously has good taste in football players too.
Yeah, she kicks Gisele's ###.... :yawn:

BTW. With all of the other possible song selections in that jukebox, there is NO WAY IN HELL that Tony is picking Dont Stop Believin by Journey. Its just not happening and the whole scene loses credibility because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread