What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Deadliest Catch Thread! (1 Viewer)

Capt Phil caught Jake stealing some of Phil's prescription pain meds. Phil called him a liar and a thief, and told him he was out of his life, that he never wanted to see him again. It was pretty intense, and Phil was pissed.

At that point Jake told Phil that he was an addict.

And it looks like next week is the week of Phil's stroke from the previews.

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Capt Phil caught Jake stealing some of Phil's prescription pain meds. Phil called him a liar and a thief, and told him he was out of his life, that he never wanted to see him again. It was pretty intense, and Phil was pissed. At that point Jake told Phil that he was an addict. And it looks like next week is the week of Phil's stroke from the previews. :unsure:
That's what I'm gathering from it as well. It was bad enough to see Phil groggy and about to pass out in the wheelhouse, because I knew the big stroke was only a day or two away at that point, can't help but think if he'd done something about those symptoms sooner.... but when he does go for his meds to find his son hiding in his room popping his pills instead... ouch. "As soon as we get to shore, you go your way, I'll go mine. I never want to see you again."More ouch. :(

That was a disturbing ending this evening.
ya that was very disturbing but definitely explains his behavior the past few seasons
It also makes you wonder if the producers have known and just not disclosed it to Phil or anyone.Anybody see "After the Catch"? The captains and Mike Rowe all drank a round of Duck Farts in memory of Phil.
im also curious to know if the cameras caught him stealing the pills earlieri guess they wouldnt know what he was doing in there

Capt Phil caught Jake stealing some of Phil's prescription pain meds. Phil called him a liar and a thief, and told him he was out of his life, that he never wanted to see him again. It was pretty intense, and Phil was pissed. At that point Jake told Phil that he was an addict. And it looks like next week is the week of Phil's stroke from the previews. :rolleyes:
Holy crap

ya that was very disturbing but definitely explains his behavior the past few seasons
It also makes you wonder if the producers have known and just not disclosed it to Phil or anyone.Anybody see "After the Catch"? The captains and Mike Rowe all drank a round of Duck Farts in memory of Phil.
im also curious to know if the cameras caught him stealing the pills earlieri guess they wouldnt know what he was doing in there
And he also didn't say what he was addicted to. Was it prescription drugs or meth or coke or whatever? I can't believe those guys go 36-48 hours straight without some form of stimulation to keep going. I'd guess bennies and the like are rampant in the crabbing fleet.

And he also didn't say what he was addicted to. Was it prescription drugs or meth or coke or whatever? I can't believe those guys go 36-48 hours straight without some form of stimulation to keep going. I'd guess bennies and the like are rampant in the crabbing fleet.
I think it is/was an addiction to the pain pills. I doubt the cameras caught him earlier, I'm sure someone would have told Phil something, it would have made for good TV.

I think it is/was an addiction to the pain pills. I doubt the cameras caught him earlier, I'm sure someone would have told Phil something, it would have made for good TV.
But he used the phrase "I'm an addict" Is that the language of a guy who is just casually stealing pain pills?

Foosball God said:
DCThunder said:
Foosball God said:
But he used the phrase "I'm an addict" Is that the language of a guy who is just casually stealing pain pills?
Plenty of people get addicted to pain pills. Just as Brett Favre.
Wasn't there a season where Jake was having back problems?

Just watched the episode. jeebus effing cripes. NW Jake's dad missing and presumed dead, CM Jake stealing his dad's pills, and Phil on the edge of death. I gotta think CM Jake is going to be a mess after the death. Final words from dad beingthat he never wants to see you again, the guilt that either his discovery of jake's actions, or the lack of medicine could've caused his death. (not that either of those 2 thing caused Phil's death, but it's gonna go through Jake's mind.)

I'm not too surprised by Jake's drug problem. atching him on the boat earlier I as sure he was high on something. Just surprised he was stealing from his dad.

On a lighter note, what's with the Kodiak? This is 2 weeks in a row we haven't seen them.

Love Phil the fisherman but he never backs up his bark with his kids. RIP.

Not used to seeing the Time Bandit struggle.

On a side note...I really like Sig but man would I hate to work for him. Talk about a hard ###.

On a side note...I really like Sig but man would I hate to work for him. Talk about a hard ###.
The thing they don't stress too much is that most of the people on the Northwestern, including Jake Anderson are related in some way.But it is also seems to be the nicest ship of the ones they show with a few things like the crab conveyor belt, which saves from having to shove a tote full of 200 crab across deck, making the life a little easier on a deckhand too.

The thing they don't stress too much is that most of the people on the Northwestern, including Jake Anderson are related in some way.But it is also seems to be the nicest ship of the ones they show with a few things like the crab conveyor belt, which saves from having to shove a tote full of 200 crab across deck, making the life a little easier on a deckhand too.
I've always thought Sig was an ##### but the good kind. But this episode was pushing it even by his standards. But his guys seem to make top money year in and year out.And I agree about the NW being one of the top boats in terms of equipment. I'd rank it Time Bandit 1 and NW 1A in terms of what boat I'd want to work for.

I don't think Jake is related to the Hansons. And the other two guys with the beards -- Matt and the older guy with the froggy voice -- are not part of the Hanson family either. Are you really sure about that?

I missed After the Catch. Did Keith make up with the Hilstrands? That seemed like an uncomfortable pairing.

I don't think Jake is related to the Hansons. And the other two guys with the beards -- Matt and the older guy with the froggy voice -- are not part of the Hanson family either. Are you really sure about that?
Jake isn't related to the Hansons, but he is related to Nick, the older, taller, Randy Quaid looking deckhand. He calls him an "uncle" but I'm not sure of the exact familial relation, other than Nick's wife and Jake's mom are on the phone with each other constantly.The younger unrelated deckhand, Matt, the sketchy dude who had to be returned to shore early for jail time, isn't related to anyone that I know of.Edit: and the third deckhand who you almost never see talking or on camera is a Hanson, but I can't remember his first name.

I missed After the Catch. Did Keith make up with the Hilstrands? That seemed like an uncomfortable pairing.
Seems more of a truce then a make up. They did shake hands, and they showed Keith and Jon go to a NO vodoo doctor together. But it felt strained.

Jake isn't related to the Hansons, but he is related to Nick, the older, taller, Randy Quaid looking deckhand. He calls him an "uncle" but I'm not sure of the exact familial relation, other than Nick's wife and Jake's mom are on the phone with each other constantly.The younger unrelated deckhand, Matt, the sketchy dude who had to be returned to shore early for jail time, isn't related to anyone that I know of.Edit: and the third deckhand who you almost never see talking or on camera is a Hanson, but I can't remember his first name.
Norm

Did anyone else get the feeling from Phil's reaction to catching Jake that this was definitely NOT the first time something like this had happened?

Reading the synopsis for the next show says that Cap Jon leaves the Time Bandit. Um WTF?? Hope he doesn't leave leave. I imagine this Opie season is causing some serious stress on them.

Reading the synopsis for the next show says that Cap Jon leaves the Time Bandit. Um WTF?? Hope he doesn't leave leave. I imagine this Opie season is causing some serious stress on them.
Is he going to help run the CM?Any word on who is/will take over or are they just shutting her down?

Is he going to help run the CM?Any word on who is/will take over or are they just shutting her down?
Contractually, they are obligated to meet the quota for this season. Now, they could just sell their quota to another boat, but given the circumstances, with Phil having a stroke and being rushed to the hospital, I would not be surprised if a co-captain of another ship would volunteer to finish out the season.Haven't heard anything for future seasons. My honest guess is that they would just sell their quota, but you know Discovery is going to tempt them to run the boat without Phil. Too good of a storyline, 2 brohters, one a drug addict, must put aside their differences to run their father's business.

Synopsis of remaining episodes:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/16/deadlies...ng-phils-pills/

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 11 – Tuesday, June 22 at 9PM ET/PT The opening episode includes Phil’s initial stoke and the quick action taken by his sons – Josh and Jake – and the rest of the crew to get medical attention. The severity of the situation weighs heavily on the close-knit Cornelia Marie crew as they pray for the best and are left to wonder who will take the boat out without Phil there.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 12 – Tuesday, June 29 at 9PM ET/PT The rest of the fleet begins to hear the unsettling news of their friend and fellow skipper. Captains Sig Hansen, Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand and Keith Colburn all react with stunned disbelief while still keeping an eye on the turbulent waters, as the Bering Sea stops for no one.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 13 – Tuesday, July 6 at 9PM ET/PT Josh and Jake Harris continue to watch over their dad at the Anchorage hospital. They are joined by Johnathan Hillstrand as well as Phil’s inner circle of biker buddy friends. Ever the stubborn fighter, Phil rallies in the ICU.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 14 – Tuesday, July 13 at 9PM ET/PT Despite small signs of encouragement, Captain Phil loses his battle. He passes away surrounded by family and friends.

AFTER THE CATCH (SEASON FINALE): Tuesday, July 13 at 10PM ET/PT The fleet wraps up its time at the French Quarter’s Blue Nile bar in the season finale of AFTER THE CATCH. Captain Phil Harris is remembered in true ‘Nawlins style as fans pour onto Frenchmen Street for a traditional, raucous Jazz Parade. The celebration brings together all the captains to pay tribute to their friend and colleague.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 15 – Tuesday, July 20 at 9PM ET/PT The news of Phil’s death reaches the rest of the fleet. Captains Keith, Johnathan, Andy and Sig all struggle to come to terms with their friend and colleague’s passing.

DEADLIEST CATCH: CAPTAIN PHIL HARRIS REMEMBERED – Tuesday, July 20 at 10PM ET/PT A special one-hour look back at the life of Captain Phil Harris, skipper of F/V Cornelia Marie. The special includes never-before-seen footage, interviews with fellow captains and deckhands and memorable “Phil moments” from the past six seasons of DEADLIEST CATCH, from behind the scenes and fan remembrances recorded at CatchCon 2010 and Phil’s public memorial service in Seattle.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 16 – Tuesday, July 27 at 9PM ET/PT –SEASON FINALE– On the finale of the sixth season of DEADLIEST CATCH, the fleet is still absorbing the news about Phil. But the stormy waters of the Bering Sea never take a break, and the Captains and the crew must soldier on in the race to make their quotas, as the Opilio season comes to an end.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

The way I understood it was that Phil died after the Opie season was done, he collapsed during offloading I think. If they still had quota to fill I could see Jonathon helping with the CM. Just a really bad season so far with the two Jakes and Phil.

We don't see much of him but it seems Matt on NW has cleaned up some compared to previous seasons.

videoguy505 said:
Synopsis of remaining episodes:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/16/deadlies...ng-phils-pills/

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 11 – Tuesday, June 22 at 9PM ET/PT The opening episode includes Phil’s initial stoke and the quick action taken by his sons – Josh and Jake – and the rest of the crew to get medical attention. The severity of the situation weighs heavily on the close-knit Cornelia Marie crew as they pray for the best and are left to wonder who will take the boat out without Phil there.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 12 – Tuesday, June 29 at 9PM ET/PT The rest of the fleet begins to hear the unsettling news of their friend and fellow skipper. Captains Sig Hansen, Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand and Keith Colburn all react with stunned disbelief while still keeping an eye on the turbulent waters, as the Bering Sea stops for no one.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 13 – Tuesday, July 6 at 9PM ET/PT Josh and Jake Harris continue to watch over their dad at the Anchorage hospital. They are joined by Johnathan Hillstrand as well as Phil’s inner circle of biker buddy friends. Ever the stubborn fighter, Phil rallies in the ICU.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 14 – Tuesday, July 13 at 9PM ET/PT Despite small signs of encouragement, Captain Phil loses his battle. He passes away surrounded by family and friends.

AFTER THE CATCH (SEASON FINALE): Tuesday, July 13 at 10PM ET/PT The fleet wraps up its time at the French Quarter’s Blue Nile bar in the season finale of AFTER THE CATCH. Captain Phil Harris is remembered in true ‘Nawlins style as fans pour onto Frenchmen Street for a traditional, raucous Jazz Parade. The celebration brings together all the captains to pay tribute to their friend and colleague.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 15 – Tuesday, July 20 at 9PM ET/PT The news of Phil’s death reaches the rest of the fleet. Captains Keith, Johnathan, Andy and Sig all struggle to come to terms with their friend and colleague’s passing.

DEADLIEST CATCH: CAPTAIN PHIL HARRIS REMEMBERED – Tuesday, July 20 at 10PM ET/PT A special one-hour look back at the life of Captain Phil Harris, skipper of F/V Cornelia Marie. The special includes never-before-seen footage, interviews with fellow captains and deckhands and memorable “Phil moments” from the past six seasons of DEADLIEST CATCH, from behind the scenes and fan remembrances recorded at CatchCon 2010 and Phil’s public memorial service in Seattle.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 16 – Tuesday, July 27 at 9PM ET/PT –SEASON FINALE– On the finale of the sixth season of DEADLIEST CATCH, the fleet is still absorbing the news about Phil. But the stormy waters of the Bering Sea never take a break, and the Captains and the crew must soldier on in the race to make their quotas, as the Opilio season comes to an end.
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
I'm almost embarrassed, but.. :thumbdown: :cry:

At least he got to make up with Jake.

It was getting dusty watching him spend his last moments outside a hospital bed going through pictures with his sons.

Oh my God, that was the most gut-wrenching television I've ever watched. Incredibly sad, how it all unfolded.
:rant: :hot:
That was a little bit freaky when they were hauling him off the boat with the crane, and they kept flashing to the raven sitting on the pilot house.I think it was some good tv, but I liked the show better when it was less soap opera, and more fishing. That said, I can't help but feel sorry for his boys knowing how it all turns out.

Just finished up Sig's book. Pretty good read for anyone out there who is a fan of DC. Sig, Edgar and Norm are all related. They are brothers. Edgar never really wanted to fish but fell into it because of the money. Sig was always the fisher and was on the boat with his dad since he was a kid. Their dad had an interesting history. Nick has been on the boat forever. Same with Matt. Matt was a friend of Edgars. As others have said and has been documented on DC he had a rough past incuding addiction. He was messed up and Sig's dad took him under his wing on the boat and helped him to clean up his life. Sig says Matt is like family. Jake A. is the nephew of Nick. All the guys on the boat have been on there for like 15 years. Sig pays top money to his deck hands. It is something that started with his dad. People want to be on the NW but to get on you have to be family or known to the family really well.

Interesting that Jon and Andy are really pushing the retirement angle. I wonder if the extra money they get from DC and now Geico have made retirement a reality a lot sooner than they anticipated.

Just watched it. Not ashamed to admit that I was very teary at the end. Gotta think Jake is blaming himself for the stroke. When Josh said "(Phil) didn't sleep much last night which is unusual" the shot off Jake right after as he realizes Phil didn't sleep much because of him. Did Jake go in the ambulance? I saw Josh climb in, but never saw Jake in there.

At this point, I have to assume that the Kodiak sank. Been missing for several episodes now.

Users who are viewing this thread