JZilla

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Nationals ongoing thread

4,247 posts in this topic

4-6-1 double play was interesting...

Bacsik with a solid game, until that last predictable mistake.. can the good guys hang on to take 3/4 from the shukies?

Edited by JZilla

4-5-1 double play was interesting...Bacsik with a solid game, until that last predictable mistake.. can the good guys hang on to take 3/4 from the shukies?

SMB,G

4-5-1 double play was interesting...Bacsik with a solid game, until that last predictable mistake.. can the good guys hang on to take 3/4 from the shukies?

SMB,G
:popcorn: 10 wins in 14 games by my count, that's a nice little flukish run. Now let's get back to business, 121 ain't going to lose themselves.

10 wins in 14 games by my count, that's a nice little flukish run. Now let's get back to business, 121 ain't going to lose themselves.

12 of 17 now. :thumbup:

Unfortunately I have a previous engagement, but I hope they get a good turnout and nice reception at home tomorrow... that was a real nice road trip and they're really starting to show that they've got a solid core of talent to build on. It's a good time for the city to get behind these guys.

Unfortunately I have a previous engagement, but I hope they get a good turnout and nice reception at home tomorrow... that was a real nice road trip and they're really starting to show that they've got a solid core of talent to build on. It's a good time for the city to get behind these guys.

:shock:Guzman's a new player, compared to two years ago. Young has filled in nicely for Nick Johnson. Nook is a nice threat at the bottom of the order. I hope he develops into a leadoff man; his speed is sick. And, hey, maybe Langerhans could hit cleanup. :loco: Seriously, though, I think one big FA bat next year would have the batting order in good shape.School's still in session, so I doubt there will be much more than 25000 at a weeknight game despite their recent success, unless I'm underestimating the number of Dodger fans in the area. Fact is, they simply don't get a ton of coverage in the media and they don't do a whole lot to market themselves. I think they're just trying to get by this year until the new stadium next year.

121 ain't going to lose themselves.

seriously, what the ####? :D

9 wins from not being the worst team ever!

:thumbup: and a big thanks to the Nationals for their series win.

I guess the Nationals were very impressed with Detroit saying "that is a Championship team" and "the best team we've played this year." I wonder what they thought of the Indians after being three outs away from sweeping them?

Anyway, nice job D.C. :thumbup:

9 wins from not being the worst team ever!

:thumbdown:

:) and a big thanks to the Nationals for their series win. I guess the Nationals were very impressed with Detroit saying "that is a Championship team" and "the best team we've played this year." I wonder what they thought of the Indians after being three outs away from sweeping them? Anyway, nice job D.C. :lmao:

I expect them to lose many close games this year, but Saturday was just pure crap. I honestly expected better of them in the 9th.

Cristian Guzman likely out the rest of the year. Too bad, he was playing really well.

Cristian Guzman likely out the rest of the year. Too bad, he was playing really well.

Yeah that sucks. In it with Belliard for the long haul. Worst right side of the infield ever! :loco:

Yeah that sucks. In it with Belliard for the long haul. Worst right side of the infield ever! :shrug:
The right side will only be around until the trading deadline, though.

Yeah that sucks. In it with Belliard for the long haul. Worst right side of the infield ever! :porked:
The right side will only be around until the trading deadline, though.
Gonna miss Meat :welcome:

A triple for Dmitri!

:eek::lmao:

Edited by dgreen

IT'S OFFICIAL

Win #41 = The '07 Nationals are not the worst team ever

:thumbup:

Good game to be at today.

New stadium looking good. Maybe we can take in a game next year?

In

In
:thumbup: Hoping to get a job there by spring. Edited by Doctor Detroit

In
:banned: Hoping to get a job there by spring. Nats are already my NL team so I'll have to take the abuse from those who don't understand the difference between the NL and AL. Go ahead Capella/Rude.
You've got my address, just bang on the door.

Government job + five Metro stops from new stadium = dgreen attending some day games

Government job + five Metro stops from new stadium = dgreen attending some day games

Any season ticket discounts for gubment workers? :D Count me in. :unsure:

I'm IN for a game next season as well.

:cornhole:

In
:thumbup: Hoping to get a job there by spring.
Anacostia > hi

In
:bag: Hoping to get a job there by spring.
Anacostia > hi
Yeah, not a good neighborhood. I'd be working in Alexandria.

In
:lmao: Hoping to get a job there by spring.
Anacostia > hi
Yeah, not a good neighborhood. I'd be working in Alexandria.
:bag:

Any season ticket discounts for gubment workers? :coffee: Count me in. :drive:
I don't know of any for season tickets, but we get $3 off any $10+ ticket M-Th.You going to be a fed worker in Alexandria? Army? PTO?

Baltimore 46-53 .465

Washington 42-57 .424

I still don't get the subtitle of this thread. Keep watching MASN since we get 2/3 of the profit.

Baltimore 46-53 .465 Washington 42-57 .424 I still don't get the subtitle of this thread. Keep watching MASN since we get 2/3 of the profit.

Keep spending that money, Baltimore! It's working well for you. :goodposting:

Any season ticket discounts for gubment workers? :lmao: Count me in. :goodposting:
I don't know of any for season tickets, but we get $3 off any $10+ ticket M-Th.You going to be a fed worker in Alexandria? Army? PTO?
DOD Civ

Baltimore 46-53 .465 Washington 42-57 .424 I still don't get the subtitle of this thread. Keep watching MASN since we get 2/3 of the profit.

Keep spending that money, Baltimore! It's working well for you. :thumbup:
:hifive: Last year we were 15th in spending. This year we are 10th, but only $7mm seperates 9-15.

Why are the Nats signing Dmitri Young to a 2 yr deal? If Nick Johnson comes back next year, where does Young play? Or where does Johnson? They're both first basemen and last time I checked, there's no DH in the NL, and Johnson's a much better fielder than Young.

So can someone explain this inexplicable move by Bowden to me? :yes:

In

Why are the Nats signing Dmitri Young to a 2 yr deal? If Nick Johnson comes back next year, where does Young play? Or where does Johnson? They're both first basemen and last time I checked, there's no DH in the NL, and Johnson's a much better fielder than Young.So can someone explain this inexplicable move by Bowden to me? :thumbup:

Nick Johnson not recovering well? Bowden made a comment a while back about Young playing LF when Johnson came back. :lmao:

Why are the Nats signing Dmitri Young to a 2 yr deal? If Nick Johnson comes back next year, where does Young play? Or where does Johnson? They're both first basemen and last time I checked, there's no DH in the NL, and Johnson's a much better fielder than Young.So can someone explain this inexplicable move by Bowden to me? :popcorn:

This is seriously one of the dumbest moves I've seen in a long time by a GM -- and that's saying something. He could have flipped DYoung for something when DY's value is at its peak. Instead he signed him to an extension which GUARANTEES DY will be overpaid for the next two years. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.